As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect: Freelancer]

PonyPony Registered User regular
edited August 2013 in Critical Failures
[READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST]
What is Mass Effect: Freelancer?
Mass Effect: Freelancer is a text-based adventure game I will be running on this forum, in this thread. Set seven months after the events of the first Mass Effect game, Freelancer follows the adventures of the titular mercenary created by the players, whose decisions will be made based on consensus opinion of the people who post in this thread. If you post in this thread, you're a player. Think of it similar to the old "Choose Your Own Adventure" novels, with everyone who posts in this thread getting a chance to yell suggestions as to what course of action to take next. If you're familiar with "Adventure Quest" type games on other forums, you'll know this style of collaborative storytelling.

How many characters are there?
There is only one protagonist, the Freelancer, who is created and run by the decisions of the players. There are other characters who will show up over the course of the story, but these are non-player characters run by the Game Master (me).

Who are the players?
You! You, and anyone else posting in this thread are the players. When I make a post, you'll see options in front of you, usually with an accompanying image and a Mass Effect-style dialogue wheel. When you see a new post by me with options to choose from, post a selection. The selection that is the most popular is the one that the Freelancer will choose.

What if I don't like/understand the choices?
If you don't understand the options available, feel free to ask questions and I'll try to clarify. Often, "Investigate" will be one of the options available to you and will open up other avenues for information. If you don't like the options currently available to the Freelancer and want to think outside the box and offer a new solution, feel free to do so, but know that 1. the majority of other players will still have to support you and 2. I, as the game master, retain final veto on non-standard suggestions, to prevent silliness and de-railing the game. On that note.

Don't de-rail the game
This is a game thread, in CF. That means it goes by CF's normal rules for game threads. Even though it's got a very open attitude on who can be players (anyone who wants to participate), people who are being disruptive to the game, constantly posting silly and trying to de-rail the game will get reported for it. Don't be a dick!

chWXPTO.jpg

vpR1T23.gif

CODEX
Jai Zaral
CQw47ZD.jpg

Ravanor Kursk
bZ7F14C.jpg

Sirah'Dyen vas Kulvar
sZRzf3p.jpg

Esmeri T'Shain
85cUhlt.jpg

Joseph Gideon
1moy9xj.jpg

Marsic Iverius
ffI4exv.jpg

Paul Lightner
eO6gHZ2.jpg

Dolmin Gul
bTFXhH5.jpg

--
Antatgonists

The Interface
koS111J.jpg

Pony on

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Male Quarian! Good luck romancing now, foo'

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Where's the "Hanar" option?

This one's vote would be Female Turian, in the absence of the Hanar option.

21stCentury on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Male Salarian

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I vote salarian. Probably male, considering that females seldom leave the major colonies, but not too partial either way.

I just think that mad science and backstabbing are the foundation of any good career.

chiasaur11 on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Let's go with a Female Quarian

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Female Human

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Female Krogan

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    male salarian

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Male Salarian

ftOqU21.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Female Quarian.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    The chosen species and gender is Male Salarian

l3VqTUP.jpg

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hard-edged

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Hard-edged!

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Hard edged

oh, uh... life of plenty

PNk1Ml4.png
  • AarsethAarseth Registered User regular
    I vote for Hard-Edged.

I am out for dinner and a movie with my in-laws and my woman, be back later tonight with more updates. Up next is class selection

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hard Edged. Sounds more like STG material than the rest.

chiasaur11 on
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    While tragic survivor sounds cool, I vote for Hard Edged as well.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Yes, but how do we pronounce Halegeuse?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Origin selection is Hard-Edged

GWmEOvF.jpg

edited July 2013
    It's great how tough these choices are. While being the rare Biotic sounds great, a solo game screams Infiltrator to me.

Boozer on
    Note:
    The adventures of the Freelancer will not necessarily be solo in and of themselves as a whole, simply that the Freelancer is the only playable protagonist. You will acquire other party members as the story goes on.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Engineer. Bet that's going to open up some interesting options with tech.

But think of the options you have when you can move stuff with your mind as a Biotic Commando (Sentinel)

PNk1Ml4.png
  • AarsethAarseth Registered User regular
    Engineer is my vote.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2013
    Engineer for life motherfucker

Pony I know you will probably never play it but there is a great bit in the Omega DLC where
    you have to turn off a reactor to depower some force fields around bad guy HQ

and the lead bad guy calls you and is like LOL HAVE FUN WITH THAT IT WILL ALSO TURN OFF LIFE SUPPORT TO OMEGA'S WARDS

and Aria is like do it! do it! and the other person in your party is like REROUTE THE SYSTEM! FIND A BETTER WAY!

and the bad guy is like THAT WILL TAKE HOURS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE!

and usually if you go for that paragon option your party get shot up by waves of enemies and nearly die

but if you're an Engineer Shepard goes "it'd take hours...if I was a grunt" and hacks it instantly

best class choice: validated

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    Biotic!!!

Engineer ain't STG. And if it ain't STG, it ain't worth bothering with.

Biotic Commando

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Infiltrator!

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Engineer

Tech tech tech.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Engineer

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited July 2013
    Class choice is Engineer

Q7FyPIt.jpg

Pony on
    Thousand Light Year Stare

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Presidium Down!

rRwz9.gif
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Presidium Down

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Thousand Light Year Stare sounds badass. be the badass.

edited July 2013
    Presidium down for the paragon point

Boozer on
    Anticitizen Zero

PNk1Ml4.png