As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Child Care options in the Seattle area during PAX?

SogeKingSogeKing Bend, ORRegistered User new member
Me and the wife are headed to PAX. We would prefer to have the littlies looked after. Anyone have any recommendations?

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Do you know anyone in Seattle who might be available to babysit, at least for a few hours?

If not, I would suggest checking with your hotel. They may have some nanny service recommendations. Or you can google it. I know there is at least one service that does temporary nannies (as opposed to a regular gig).

Otherwise, how old are your kids? I'm taking my 6 year old and although we frequently have to take breaks from the overwhelming activities that are PAX, it still worked out to have her last year. Yes, it cramped my style but it actually was fine. Just pack snacks, be flexible, and you'll be all right.

Good luck.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• SogeKingSogeKing Bend, ORRegistered User new member
    Don't know anyone who can watch them in the area. I have a 4 year old and a 7 year old. I don't imagine the 4 year old will put up with much of it.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    There are a few licensed day cares in downtown Seattle. They might be pricey but that's probably your best bet.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • MortonStromgalMortonStromgal Registered User regular
    I live in the area but we still get a hotel room with our almost 3 year old son. My wife and I just schedule things out ahead of time and take turns doing some things. But our kid loves fruit ninja so its not hard to keep him entertained with everything going on for a few hours.

• RandorammaRandoramma Registered User regular
    Well you might find a sitter through the forums here (I would be hesitant with anyone you didn't know of course) but I bring my little girl (pic left 2 years ago) every year on Sunday. Last year (2.5yrs old) she had a great time. We went to a panel (had iPad) and did the reaper paint n take (the biggest hit) went through much of the expo hall, spotted all the "princesses" and furies. Had a lunch. Was a great day but I do understand that I wouldn't have been able to do any TTGaming ect. Perhaps a trade between the two of you or maybe your hotel has a sitting service (might be better than any other alternative?)

GL!

PAX Prime '09 '10 '12 '13 '14