As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] - Ys sir, can I Ys have some more?

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I like Stealth Inc.

But comparing anything to Mark of the Ninja is almost always unfair

EDIT: DAMMIT I exceeded my time limit on HSG :(

On a positive note, I am now downloading DJMax

The only thing I want to compared to Mark of the Ninja is Mark of the Ninja 2. Come oooooooooon MOTN2.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I like Stealth Inc.

But comparing anything to Mark of the Ninja is almost always unfair

EDIT: DAMMIT I exceeded my time limit on HSG :(

On a positive note, I am now downloading DJMax

The only thing I want to compared to Mark of the Ninja is Mark of the Ninja 2. Come oooooooooon MOTN2.

I would do disgusting things for MotN 2. On Vita.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    So I just bought a vita. I'm not quite sure why but here we are. I bought assassin's creed with it and I've got all the ps+ games. Planning on getting persona and hot shots golf, too. My psn name is syphonblue, naturally.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    P4G sounds remarkably complicated. An ever present time limit on an RPG sounds... I dunno. I like to take my time.

It actually starts incredibly slowly and with a lot of hand holding. In reality, the time limit isn't much of an issue as it only takes a couple of run throughs to beat most dungeons unless you put the game on very hard (and that's a matter of abusing buff/debuff spells as much as possible). Once the game opens up its easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff that you can actually do though and it's not always clear what benefits some things have. This is why playing it without a guide (like I did) is fantastic, because you can learn as you go and there are tons of satisfying things to discover. I didn't discover how I could fish until October! It's a lovely big complex game and it's something I feel we need more of - so I am really hoping there will be a Persona 5 at some point (hopefully on Vita too).

It does sound complicated, but it slowly explains its mechanics and then lets you discover things for yourself. You also don't - by any means - need to know/do everything to win the game. It's very much a game where you go through once and then a second time to clean up the trophies - of which this game has the least abusive trophies of any jRPG I can think of by miles.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • breton-brawlerbreton-brawler Registered User regular
    So I just got a vita from a friend of mine that hadn't used it in quite a while, I have a question about PS + membership. How are the discounts to actually purchase the games? anyway to see what is discounted without getting the membership first?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So I just got a vita from a friend of mine that hadn't used it in quite a while, I have a question about PS + membership. How are the discounts to actually purchase the games? anyway to see what is discounted without getting the membership first?

The discounted prices will show regardless of membership status. They want to entice you into purchasing one, of course.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Thanks guys

DJMax is fantastic

I feel like my fingers are too big over the screen though

It's like Elite Beat all over again, except it's harder to reposition your fingers than a stylus

SyphonBlue wrote: »
    So I just bought a vita. I'm not quite sure why but here we are. I bought assassin's creed with it and I've got all the ps+ games. Planning on getting persona and hot shots golf, too. My psn name is syphonblue, naturally.

Psst. Gucamelee.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I already had it on PS3.

LxX6eco.jpg
    So after playing my Vita all day yesterday, I am really enjoying ACLib outside of the framerate.

Also the screen is gorgeous. Like....holy shit. I am actually considering picking up FFXHD on Vita instead of PS3 because of how good the screen looks.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So after playing my Vita all day yesterday, I am really enjoying ACLib outside of the framerate.

Also the screen is gorgeous. Like....holy shit. I am actually considering picking up FFXHD on Vita instead of PS3 because of how good the screen looks.

That's what blew me away when I first got my Vita. It's just "Holy shit... dis screen!"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

That's what blew me away when I first got my Vita. It's just "Holy shit... dis screen!"

The screen was nice but it really didn't hit me until I played Muramasa and ran through my first wheat field. Holy fuck.
    172738-muramasa-field.jpg

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Yay, my Muramasa Super Cool edition arrived! Of course, I didn't think to bring my Vita to work just today. Still, the simple fact that it actually made it to Brazil is reason enough to celebrate.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • breton-brawlerbreton-brawler Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

The discounted prices will show regardless of membership status. They want to entice you into purchasing one, of course.

thanks! this is good. it all seems to dangerous for my wallet as well.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular

I hate going back to my 3DS screen after using the Vita for awhile. There is always an adjustment period where I can't stop thinking to myself how bad everything looks. (The 3D effect sort of makes up for it)

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.

I thought the Vita screen was really impressive

Then I tried DJ Max and saw music videos running behind the gameplay as you play it

And I was like HOLY SHIT WOW

greeble wrote: »

I hate going back to my 3DS screen after using the Vita for awhile. There is always an adjustment period where I can't stop thinking to myself how bad everything looks. (The 3D effect sort of makes up for it)

I get that, but I also get the opposite thing: I keep wanting to flick up the 3D slider on the Vita. P4G looks so flat without 3D!

camo_sig2.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Thanks guys

DJMax is fantastic

It's like Elite Beat all over again, except it's harder to reposition your fingers than a stylus

Then play it with a Stylus if you want!

The gameplay kinda requires two hands/fingers though as you'll have spread notes at the same time.

And where were you when the game came out?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Yay, my Muramasa Super Cool edition arrived! Of course, I didn't think to bring my Vita to work just today. Still, the simple fact that it actually made it to Brazil is reason enough to celebrate.

:^: You're doin' God's work, Stormwatcher.

Thanks guys

DJMax is fantastic

Then play it with a Stylus if you want!

The gameplay kinda requires two hands/fingers though as you'll have spread notes at the same time.

And where were you when the game came out?

Didn't have a Vita, I don't think

Only had mine since February or so

More like I'm doing Kamisama's work ;)
    The screen protector is amazing, very easy to apply and looks gorgeous. And it's very discrete, unlike the Persona skin.

camo_sig2.png
    Any other game would have ended when you beat the ever loving shit out of the final boss, but Persona 4 is the exception.

Though even as I say that it's getting increasingly close to the end of the game and that makes me so sad :(

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    P3 has an awesomely long epilogue as well. You get the final Social Link scenes. 'Maya's' is hilarious.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Whoo, MGS2 beat on Extreme on the Vita! Yeah there's no trophy for it, but it sure felt like an achievement to me. ;D

I am tempted to just pour a load of hours into the VR missions for dat delicious Platinum as it's pretty rare among Vita users apparently. But. I do vaguely recall MGS1 Snake's VR missions... something to do with sniping...

Oh brilliant
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Whoo, MGS2 beat on Extreme on the Vita! Yeah there's no trophy for it, but it sure felt like an achievement to me. ;D

I am tempted to just pour a load of hours into the VR missions for dat delicious Platinum as it's pretty rare among Vita users apparently. But. I do vaguely recall MGS1 Snake's VR missions... something to do with sniping...

But you got all the dog tags, right? So that's proof enough of your completion on Extreme.

As for the VR Missions, there are 3-4 that are pretty hard but they're all very doable. If you ever get stuck, there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing multiple different ways to finish them.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    More like I'm doing Kamisama's work ;)
    The screen protector is amazing, very easy to apply and looks gorgeous. And it's very discrete, unlike the Persona skin.

And hopefully in about a week you'll be doing Kamitani's work. :bz

Who here's getting Dragon's Crown on Vita. I'm getting it on both, but might be playing it more on Vita due to the face I'm moving in a monthish.

But you got all the dog tags, right? So that's proof enough of your completion on Extreme.

As for the VR Missions, there are 3-4 that are pretty hard but they're all very doable. If you ever get stuck, there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing multiple different ways to finish them.

A'ight, I shall man up.

Just checked out your profile - you even did Peace Walker!? In a week.

That's pretty hardcore Unco. D:

I put about 20 hours into it and didn't even really make a dent in the main story.

Oh brilliant
    Who here's getting Dragon's Crown on Vita. I'm getting it on both, but might be playing it more on Vita due to the face I'm moving in a monthish.

Oh fo sho I is.

Dat cooking screen on an OLED display.... don't play on an empty stomach!

So I take it that Hotline Miami is never coming out in New Zealand and I should just give up now?

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The lack of news about Hotline Miami in general is a little bit distressing, yeah. Beyond that issue, I still haven't heard anything about the patch that it needs other than it's "being worked on".

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    I saw on their twitter just now that it should be next week or something.

I am just wondering why it's not come out in the NZ store yet, which is pretty frustrating because if Sony would just let me change my damn region...

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013

A'ight, I shall man up.

I put about 20 hours into it and didn't even really make a dent in the main story.

Peace Walker was so, so much fun, it was one of the very rare games I just couldn't put down. I'm not sure I would've enjoyed or played it as much if I hadn't played 80% of the game in co-op though.

I'm far more proud of my two MGS2 platinums though. All saves prior to the 1.03 patch wouldn't transfer to the Vita version properly, so I had to do start from scratch after platinuming the PS3 version.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I saw on their twitter just now that it should be next week or something.

I am just wondering why it's not come out in the NZ store yet, which is pretty frustrating because if Sony would just let me change my damn region...

Pretty sure they're still working on it. I guess it depends on how long the submission process takes with the OFLC.

Anyway, the OP probably won't be updated tomorrow, as I'm going to a high school friends funeral. I might get back sober enough to do it but I dunno.

Edit: Oh, thought this was the PSN thread. That's the OP that won't be updated tomorrow.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'm playing through Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, the PSP version. It's really not very good though. Despite this I'm still determined to complete it. I've made a deal with myself that I won't buy any more games until I've finished it.

-Looks longingly at Muramasa and Dragon's Crown-

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch

A'ight, I shall man up.

Peace Walker was so, so much fun, it was one of the very rare games I just couldn't put down. I'm not sure I would've enjoyed or played it as much if I hadn't played 80% of the game in co-op though.

I'm far more proud of my two MGS2 platinums though. All saves prior to the 1.03 patch wouldn't transfer to the Vita version properly, so I had to do start from scratch after platinuming the PS3 version.

Yeah, still looking for a partner for it myself, at least to get the 20,000 cameraderie trophy, and maybe haul my ass through the tougher boss fights.

I had the same problem with the patch, but I never did the VR missions before anyway, so if I do em all on Vita and transfar it across I should pop the PS3 trophies too.

HEY! This is unrelated! Anyone know when Lone Survivor is hitting? I thought it was due out in July?

Oh brilliant
    Count me in for Dragon's Vita Crown.

camo_sig2.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Nun Attack is pretty rad you guys. Kind of a simple light tactics game.

I've been pairing up the big beefy shotgun nun with the akimbo pistols nun. Pull aggro with beefy, and circle around with pistols. Once the aggro wears off I activate pistols' decoy ability while aggro recharges.

It's like 2 or 3 bucks, you guys should check it out. :^:

Also if anyone is already playing it, how do you destroy those red portals? You can't deflect their projectiles back at them, but you can tap them to destroy them. Not sure how to damage the portal, though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • StewapetStewapet Registered User regular
    Same here. Day 1 for Dragon's Crown Vita.

PSN ID: Stewapet
    Nun Attack is pretty rad you guys. Kind of a simple light tactics game.

I've been pairing up the big beefy shotgun nun with the akimbo pistols nun. Pull aggro with beefy, and circle around with pistols. Once the aggro wears off I activate pistols' decoy ability while aggro recharges.

It's like 2 or 3 bucks, you guys should check it out. :^:

Also if anyone is already playing it, how do you destroy those red portals? You can't deflect their projectiles back at them, but you can tap them to destroy them. Not sure how to damage the portal, though.

Totally agree with this. And yeah, I'm not sure how to damage the red portal either. Once I managed to get the regular portal to throw some of its explosives near the red one, and that did damage, but then I died and had to start over and got killed trying to make it happen again :(

But yeah - Nun Attack is definitely worth three bucks.

This discussion has been closed.