As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Sneak DLC attack...

I saw a green bar start to appear on my Steam and low and behold. Bioshock Infinite DLC 1 is out. There goes my hopes of an early night.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    dougyfresh wrote: »
    OK so I call this a "I'm gonna need friends!" give away time!

I have 3 copies of Mercenary Kings and I'm just giving them away! It's like I don't even want them or something?

All I ask in return is that you be my friend!

Rules/Background:

My wife is pregnant and the due date is July 21st. In celebration of this fact I want 3 friends to keep me company and play Mercenary Kings with me for times when the baby is asleep and not crying like a small wrinkly monster.

There's a catch.

The due date was on the 21st, but the baby refuses to come out.

What does this mean? Well obviously I can't make anyone into a Mercenary King until after the baby is born. That would be just goosey of me.

So, friend me on steam and PM me a story or a picture or a video. Something in your life that made you really happy, or something you're very proud of. An accomplishment, a moment of joy, something you remember vividly, or something that just makes you happy when you watch it or look at it.

The deadline for this is....whenever the baby comes! That could be like right now for all I know (it's not right now, unless you're reading this at a now that is some point in the future where the baby is born, then it's right now!).

After the baby is born, I will (at my earliest convenience) pick the three stories/pics/vids that resonate with me the best and send you each a copy.

OK my turn.

My wife went into labour on Sunday morning. After an incredibly difficult 36+ hour labour, we had a baby!

The ultrasound told us we were getting a girl. Our plan was to name her Alexandra (no not after the princess who wasn't).

But instead we got this thing:

Nathan_zps1f552050.jpg

His name is Nathan. And it was quite the awesome surprise!

I got to experience something akin to pure pleasure when he slept skin to skin on my chest for over an hour.

I had so many amazing entries for this contest. My winners are @HiT BiT @Broncbuster and @Big Dookie

Thanks everyone who sent me such happy stories! I wish I could send you all something but the hospital made its profit off parking costs!

Many congrats! Letting everyone take part in the joy of your new family member is a happy story in itself :D

Actually, @Dissociater, it's the kid's birthday today... What is his Steam profile? May as well start making a backlog for him now, right?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    an_alt wrote: »
    I played two more games of pinball tonight. The first game I used the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers, as was suggested by a forumer, to help avoid the lag. Turns out it makes things way worse. I kept expecting the flippers to be way more responsive since I was just pushing a button and the delay becomes far more noticeable. My final score was about a half million. The second game I went back to the triggers and it felt much better.

Even passed a few friends top scores including that of @Luchaire on my way to just under 5 million. I think I'll be sticking with the triggers and just getting a better feel for it. One of these days will turn into a five hour session - I'm sure of it.

You mean there was someone with a lower score than me? 8-)

Well, yes. Me...

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Another page, another post:
    In honor of my impending birthday (30 years? Nah, couldn't be), let's have a giveaway! This is my first attempt with Steamgifts, so we'll see how it goes. It's open to the G&T Adventure Team group. Good luck!

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    In honor of my impending birthday (30 years? Nah, couldn't be), let's have a giveaway! This is my first attempt with Steamgifts, so we'll see how it goes. It's open to the G&T Adventure Team group. Good luck!

signature.png

A classy way to start. I haven't even got around to SR3 yet.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Can someone tell me the price of Castlevania:Lord of Shadows?
    It seems to have disappeared from the Aussie storefront all together despite being "coming soon" until now.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    It is £17.99 in the UK mate.

• Options
    According to whirlpoolians it is $23 in the US.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    @BigDes is a BigWinner

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Anyone want a code for the DI GoTY and SR3 DLC? Drop me a message on here on through steam.

Gone!

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Ha, after a couple of posts last night mentioned checking out their Humble accounts and discovering forgotten/unexpected stuff, I thought I'd have a nose this morning.

So many unclaimed games.

I'm away for a week from today, but I really need to have a good rummage around in there when I get back!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I am so glad the first Bioshock DLC isn't the Rapture one. No way I could get that right now.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

signature.png
    Awesome giftaway. Is that the uncensored version? Becuase if so that giveaway could be really helpful to Aussies ;)

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Okay I'm awful and finally jumping on this trading card shit real late-like. I have a question.

How limited is being randomly awarded cards? Can you only find them once ever once you've got one? Do you get repeats?

• Options
    You can get up to half of the cards for a set (rounding up) awarded randomly as you play a game. You can get multiples of the same card in this. Once you have received half, you won't receive any more for that game, even if you get doubles. The exception to this is the "freemium" games like DOTA2 and TF2, where you can get additional card drops for every 9$ spent on the game store.

Aside from this, you can also be randomly awarded random booster packs. The booster packs seem to only be awarded to you for games for which you have used all your drops. In order to be eligable for a booster pack, you must have used steam in the previous week. I've been awarded 3 boosters, about one every 2 weeks. The rate at which boosters drop is supposedly proportional to the amount of badges crafted (across the community, not just you).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Wait I don't follow; you have access to only half of what a game has available in terms of unique cards, but that half you can get duplicates of forever?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Okay I'm awful and finally jumping on this trading card shit real late-like. I have a question.

How limited is being randomly awarded cards? Can you only find them once ever once you've got one? Do you get repeats?

Each game only drops half of the total cards for that game, for example civ v has 8 cards, 4 dropped for me by playing the game, one of which was a duplicate of another one that had already dropped for me, so to complete the set you have to either buy it off the market or trade with friends. This thread has a group for it!

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If a game says you have 4 card drops, thats all you get. 4 cards. Even if its 4 of the same single card, you get 4 drops from that game total. Theres no way to replenish drops or anything. You get half the total amount rounded up. The only difference is for Free to play games, where if you spend more money in the game you get another card drop.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wait I don't follow; you have access to only half of what a game has available in terms of unique cards, but that half you can get duplicates of forever?

Nope, only half of the total ever. The rest you have to trade for.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh. Well screw it I guess.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    I played two more games of pinball tonight. The first game I used the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers, as was suggested by a forumer, to help avoid the lag. Turns out it makes things way worse. I kept expecting the flippers to be way more responsive since I was just pushing a button and the delay becomes far more noticeable. My final score was about a half million. The second game I went back to the triggers and it felt much better.

Even passed a few friends top scores including that of @Luchaire on my way to just under 5 million. I think I'll be sticking with the triggers and just getting a better feel for it. One of these days will turn into a five hour session - I'm sure of it.

@an_alt I found some suggestions on the steam forum that may help with the lag

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Only 18 games to go before I finally hit triple digits. I... don't think I'll hit it this year.
    That's cute.

Winter is coming.

sig.gif
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    Only 18 games to go before I finally hit triple digits. I... don't think I'll hit it this year.
    That's cute.

Winter is coming.

Don't let them get away with not doing a Fall Sale!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Heh, apparently there's a new mode in Zeno Clash 2 called Framerate which spawns enemy based on your computer's processing speed and you have to kill them to maintain a decent framerate.

That's actually kinda cool.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Also, Prime World Defenders is getting Steam trading cards soon (hopefully tomorrow).

They also made a big update yesterday with a couple new levels and a new Heroic difficulty level where you can replay all the original maps through a second time but that are harder and have new achievements...

I may have to pick that addiction back up if people start beating my leader board score. Not that its anything special but I quit playing when I had the top score among the ~20 of you PA friends who played Prime World Defenders.

Woo-hoo - cards and levels!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    risk: factions sucks... I like risk, but if I can't click on a country to select it... yeah.. bad hit detection.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    signature.png

And the winner is @Jokerman! Kinda fitting, I suppose!

Step right up and claim your prize!

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I would have thought that our baby technology could identify sex by now

that kind of blows my mind.

i'm 25.

clearly in no way prepared for being an adult.

It generally can. You should see some of the ultrasound stuff, it's nuts. We could see our daughter's heart beating.

Sometimes the baby doesn't cooperate. By the time you can determine gender, they can squirm pretty good. Ultrasounds used to piss my daughter off. We got a 3D one of her face pretty late in and she was not happy.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    When people have babies come out and it turns out they're not packing the genitals you were expecting, is there anything you have to do differently, since you weren't "prepared"? Are people still painting nurseries pink and whatnot?

In our case my wife doesn't care for the colour pink, and when it comes to baby stuff if it's not pink it may as well be gender neutral. The baby's room is just a regular egg shell white. And we've decorated based more on jungle animals and astronomy. A print of this features on his wall for example.

Of course there are still some clothes that are for girls, but we don't really care over all. Babies (I'm told) often grow out of their stuff often after only one wearing. If he wears a shirt that says 'Daddy's little girl' for a day, we don't care. It's not like he knows the difference!

Also, @iolo in an explosion of classiness gifted me with Far Cry: Blood Dragon! Thanks!

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    Finished Serious Sam 3 earlier today, need to redo it co-op this time.

Maybe get all the achievements

@doctorarch

and I started playing this a while ago. I haven't touched it sense but i'd love to do a co-op play of the game.

I think I'll be game this weekend, in fact I'll see if we can get more people too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    When people have babies come out and it turns out they're not packing the genitals you were expecting, is there anything you have to do differently, since you weren't "prepared"? Are people still painting nurseries pink and whatnot?

In our case my wife doesn't care for the colour pink, and when it comes to baby stuff if it's not pink it may as well be gender neutral. The baby's room is just a regular egg shell white. And we've decorated based more on jungle animals and astronomy. A print of this features on his wall for example.

Of course there are still some clothes that are for girls, but we don't really care over all. Babies (I'm told) often grow out of their stuff often after only one wearing. If he wears a shirt that says 'Daddy's little girl' for a day, we don't care. It's not like he knows the difference!

Also, @iolo in an explosion of classiness gifted me with Far Cry: Blood Dragon! Thanks!

but make sure you take lots of pictures of the shirt!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    if the Joker wins Arkham does that mean that

we

all

lose?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Speaking of kids, does anyone want a 1 year old girl, in fairly good condition?

I was playing Pinball FX2 last night, on my last ball, in the zone and about 800k away from my best score on the free table when my daughter walked up and pulled the 360 cord out of my computer. Before I realized what had happened, drain.

I'll trade for steambucks.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

I was playing Pinball FX2 last night, on my last ball, in the zone and about 800k away from my best score on the free table when my daughter walked up and pulled the 360 cord out of my computer. Before I realized what had happened, drain.

In this day and age, everything should just be wireless. Then you give her a BROKEN controller so she can think she is playing, cause fuck if she accidentally syncs her controller up wirelessly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

In this day and age, everything should just be wireless. Then you give her a BROKEN controller so she can think she is playing, cause fuck if she accidentally syncs her controller up wirelessly.

some kids are too smart for that. my guy could care less about a controller. he wants the mouse

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    One final repost - Open to the adventure team group

Good afternoon everyone. I don't have to tell you that the situation we find ourselves in is quite serious. Luckily we have acquired the services of the wizard, the thief and the knight once more. If they are unable to complete the mission then god help us all.

signature.png

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    The Lords of Shadow demo is now working. Downloading now.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I just discovered that I have no games that begin with the letter Q. This is the only thing that stands between me and having the entire alphabet represented in my Steam library, so I'm looking for recommendations on decent quality games that start with the elusive letter in question.
    Holla at your boy Steam thread.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Quantum Conundrum.

This discussion has been closed.