As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I just discovered that I have no games that begin with the letter Q. This is the only thing that stands between me and having the entire alphabet represented in my Steam library, so I'm looking for recommendations on decent quality games that start with the elusive letter in question.
    Holla at your boy Steam thread.

Q.U.B.E.

Florin on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    signature.png
    final bump for X Superbox. closes in 8 hours!

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I'll second Quantum Conundrum. It's charming, the puzzles are neat, and it has John DeLancie in it. Just stay away from the DLC unless it turns out you're a savant at it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    In honor of finally plucking up the courage to lance that wicked, suppurating boil:

signature.png

It's a long giveaway because immediately after the procedure I'll be headed to Japan with my longtime mentor! I had finally earned the respect of these kids at my school but them my girlfriend smashed my awesome old-timey car and I discovered that I'd made a poor choice of promwear. So things were really coming apart when my mentor got a letter about his family and needed to return. He said my Mom said I could go (although I'm not sure I've actually seen her for some time...) So look out, Okinawa - here comes my fresh brand of Jersey charm!

EDIT: Open to the PA G&T Adventure Team, probably should mention that.

Luchaire and/or Iolo if you could, would you mind reposting this periodically over the next week?

Reposting for The Dude With Herpes while he's out and about.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oh my god Lords of Shadow at 60 fps

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Or, if you're looking to shoot stuff, might I suggest something in the Quake series?

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    @iolo, for finding a way to use the word "suppurating," you are today's Forum Hero.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Huh. Out of 210 games I'm also missing one beginning with Q and also one beginning with Y.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Slightly over 2 days left.

signature.png
    Open to the PA group.

signature.png
    Open to the PAGT group.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Continuing to push through the giftlog (I'll need to do an additional set of thank yous when it's all cleared out, since some of these have been sitting here too long), but damn. Alice: Madness Returns isn't the greatest game I've ever played, but the universe and writing are fantastic. It punches up against grim-for-grim's sake, but there's so much creativity and fun being had behind that.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Heh, apparently there's a new mode in Zeno Clash 2 called Framerate which spawns enemy based on your computer's processing speed and you have to kill them to maintain a decent framerate.

That's actually kinda cool.

That actually sounds really awesome. Hopefully there is some sort of upper limit though, otherwise you might pause and go do something, and in the interim your cat could walk across the keyboard and unpause, and you could come back ten minutes later to see that your computer has caught fire.
    I just discovered that I have no games that begin with the letter Q. This is the only thing that stands between me and having the entire alphabet represented in my Steam library, so I'm looking for recommendations on decent quality games that start with the elusive letter in question.

1.) Get Quake
    2.) Install Quake
    3.) Party like it's 1996

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So on the flip side of Quake discussions - I've been looking at maybe some cheap ways to squeeze a bit more power out of my system. My PC is built from other's leftovers, but I haven't hit a game I can't play yet. I have a Q6600 CPU, 4 GB Ram, and a GTS250 video card.

My first thought is to overclock the CPU a bit, I see a lot of folks going to 3.0ghz safely. But my second thought is that maybe there are cheap video card options out there I should look into since mine is probably a few years old and if I don't need the bleeding edge there might be something cheap out there. Any thoughts on video cards?

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Civ V makes me smile sometimes...the achievements are so whacky and conditional:

Unlocked: Jul 31, 2013 11:32am
    Nobody expects...
    As Spain, use an Inquisitor to remove another Religion.

HAH

"Our main weapon is Surprise..AND an almost fanatical devotion the Pope!"
    Wait
    Our TWO main weapons are..etc

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Civ V makes me smile sometimes...the achievements are so whacky and conditional:

Nobody expects...

HAH

Wait

Man, those guys must have had so much fun making that game...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Unintentional Steam Boycott, Day 5.

Steam support continues to completely ignore all communication from a customer who has spent many hundreds of dollars in their store and just wants to give them more money.

As someone who has worked in retail and/or customer service in one way or another for over 20 years, this does not make sense to me.

/sigh

Sorry for going on about this. If I don't vent somewhere, someone will die a messy death. You're saving lives here. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I know it was mentioned yesterday, but they were being serious. Have you tried to email Gabe Newell directly?

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    jclast wrote: »
    I know it was mentioned yesterday, but they were being serious. Have you tried email Gabe Newell directly?

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php

I would also try their Twitter account. But yes, this seems completely inappropriate and I'd email bomb anyone I could find addresses for.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Actually it seems pretty par for the course. I love Steam, but any support tickets I've put in take a month or more to get answered and it's always been "Sorry, can't help you". Their customer service is some of the worst, anywhere, ever.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Checked my alphabet, doesn't look like I have any games with 'U' or 'Y' - definitely going to be on the lookout next sale :D

• Options
    Welp, fuck it. Emailed the Newell.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Checked my alphabet, doesn't look like I have any games with 'U' or 'Y' - definitely going to be on the lookout next sale :D

Looks like I'm missing K, Q, and Y.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Heading to the airport in a bit, gonna be in Germany for the next week and a half, PROBABLY without internet cause I'll be doing touristy stuff. Is it standard etiquette to withdraw from any Steamgift giveaways I won't be able to respond to within a week of them ending? On the off chance I win, of course.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Heading to the airport in a bit, gonna be in Germany for the next week and a half, PROBABLY without internet cause I'll be doing touristy stuff. Is it standard etiquette to withdraw from any Steamgift giveaways I won't be able to respond to within a week of them ending? On the off chance I win, of course.

I don't know if it's "standard etiquette" or not but if it were me, I would.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »

"Oh you're having an issue? Here have every game on Steam. I've got enough money to fill 10 mansions with 100s.

Love,
    Your savior,
    Gaben"

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    We should have these made so we can pull it out of our pockets when we need to know WWPD
    gyuwdRt.jpg

cardboard delusions on
  • Options

"Oh you're having an issue? Here have every game on Steam. I've got enough money to fill 10 mansions with 100s.

Love,
    Your savior,
    Gaben"

My backlog weeps at the thought.

All I want is "oops, sorry. I now bestow upon you the ability to resume feeding me endless streams of money."

:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

"Oh you're having an issue? Here have a million copies of Bad Rats.

Love,
    Your savior,
    Gaben"

Fixed

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Continuing to push through the giftlog (I'll need to do an additional set of thank yous when it's all cleared out, since some of these have been sitting here too long), but damn. Alice: Madness Returns isn't the greatest game I've ever played, but the universe and writing are fantastic. It punches up against grim-for-grim's sake, but there's so much creativity and fun being had behind that.

We don't even allow discussion of it in the house, because it is probably the closest thing to experiencing PTSD that has ever been created. Once you defeat some things, you simply don't go back and revisit them.

spool32 on
  • Options
    Ahh man! Looks like I'm missing games that start with a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, AND 9! DAMMIT!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Broncbuster decided to giftbomb me with Section 8. Many thanks!

...I know nothing about this game.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »

Q.U.B.E.
    Quantum Conundrum.

For my money, I enjoyed the puzzles in Q.U.B.E. more than Quantum Conundrum.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    @Broncbuster decided to giftbomb me with Section 8. Many thanks!

...I know nothing about this game.

Me either! I used my last steam card moneys to buy it during the dale, BUT NUMBERS MAN, LIBRARY NUMBERS!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options

I don't know where you are in my country - but if you are near Cologne visit the cathedral. It will take your breath away ( also a great place to cool down in hot days, we are having a mean summer).
    The Früh Kölsch pub is near too. Its always cool when they hoist up a new huge 50 Liter keg from the ice cellar.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

I don't know where you are in my country - but if you are near Cologne visit the cathedral. It will take your breath away ( also a great place to cool down in hot days, we are having a mean summer).
    The Früh Kölsch pub is near too. Its always cool when they hoist up a new huge 50 Liter keg from the ice cellar.

You had me at German beer

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    EvilMonkey wrote: »

You had me at German beer

Of course I did :D *drains bottle*

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Ahh man! Looks like I'm missing games that start with a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, AND 9! DAMMIT!

I have all letters and the number 1 too, but no 0. What game do you have that starts with a zero?

edit: Zero Gear doesn't count! :P

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I don't usually bother with collectables but Tomb Raider is amazing and I feel the urge to get them all, do I have to get them before I finish the story or can I go back once I've finished?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular

Nobody expects...

HAH

Wait

I also thought the descriptions for the Alan Wake achievements were pretty light hearted and amusing for what seems to be such a twisted game.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I don't usually bother with collectables but Tomb Raider is amazing and I feel the urge to get them all, do I have to get them before I finish the story or can I go back once I've finished?

You can collect stuff after finishing the game.

• Options
    Sumanai wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »

I have all letters and the number 1 too, but no 0. What game do you have that starts with a zero?

edit: Zero Gear doesn't count! :P

Wadda ya mean, Zero Gear doesn't count? ZERO IS RIGHT THERE! I'm not counting it twice, got plenty of other Z games...

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.