As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I don't usually bother with collectables but Tomb Raider is amazing and I feel the urge to get them all, do I have to get them before I finish the story or can I go back once I've finished?

You can collect stuff after finishing the game.

Thanks, that certainly makes life easier

steam_sig.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Rise of the Triad comes out in a couple of hours. Last chance to get the Apogee Throwback pack along with it.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I'm still missing Y as well but the Ys games do not interest me AT ALL.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Quantum Conundrum.

Man what the right answer is Quake.

Quake will always be the right answer.

edit: so late on this one. Glad to see others are on the ball though.

Drake on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Got Expeditions Conquistador at the last min.... 3 bundles and 2 steam daily deals (EC and KRZ), and DLC for CK2 and D2 since the dale... Why?! What's wrong with me.

Edit: I'm glad I already own Frozen Synapse. It would appear spending money in the past is the best way to avoid spending money in the future.

Decoy on
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Your Doodles Are Bugged
    Yesterday
    Yosumin
    Yar's Revenge
    Yumsters 2

camo_sig2.png
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I've got a problem I think this thread can help me with. My work is sending me to Vegas next week by myself so I have about 9 hours in plane transit each way. This gives me a perfect opportunity to attack my backlog since actually gaming time has seemingly disappeared lately. That being the case, 125 games in my steam library and I've only played about 10 of them (excluding idling for cards) so I can't decide which one(s) I should be playing. If people are inclined, what are some good games to play while sitting elbow to elbow with random strangers on an airplane (preferably ones from my inventory but other suggestions are welcome too).

P.S. Is it wrong that, since I'm not a big gambler, one of the reasons I'm looking forward to this trip is that I might actually get a little gaming time in in the evening?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Posting again so nobody misses out.
    In honor of my impending birthday (30 years? Nah, couldn't be), let's have a giveaway! This is my first attempt with Steamgifts, so we'll see how it goes. It's open to the G&T Adventure Team group. Good luck!

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

Your Doodles Are Bugged
    Yesterday
    Yosumin
    Yar's Revenge
    Yumsters 2

The Ys games.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I've got a problem I think this thread can help me with. My work is sending me to Vegas next week by myself so I have about 9 hours in plane transit each way. This gives me a perfect opportunity to attack my backlog since actually gaming time has seemingly disappeared lately. That being the case, 125 games in my steam library and I've only played about 10 of them (excluding idling for cards) so I can't decide which one(s) I should be playing. If people are inclined, what are some good games to play while sitting elbow to elbow with random strangers on an airplane (preferably ones from my inventory but other suggestions are welcome too).

P.S. Is it wrong that, since I'm not a big gambler, one of the reasons I'm looking forward to this trip is that I might actually get a little gaming time in in the evening?

Back to the Future episodes
    Hector episodes
    Osmos
    Poker Night 1/2
    Puzzle Agent 1/2
    Sam & Max episodes
    Spacechem
    To the Moon
    XCOM

These are all "take your time" games instead of twitch games. They're also all excellent, and you should play them.

camo_sig2.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Hmm, looks like I'm just missing a Y as well. I thought I actually did buy one of those Y's games. Guess not.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    The Summer Dale may be over, but this thread's class never ends. I've been mightily gifted this sale, so in an effort not to start a class war, I'm using Switzerland Steamgifts to give away a few things. All are for members of the Adventure Team group.

Today's Giveaway!
    signature.png
    Includes Cluck Costume DLC

Upcoming GIveaways!
    signature.png

signature.png

Previous Winners
    signature.png
    WINNER! @Broncbuster

signature.png
    Includes Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
    WINNER! @BathTubb

signature.png
    WINNER! @zhirzzh

signature.png
    WINNER! @Micro

signature.png
    WINNER! @RoyceX7

signature.png
    Should include most if not all of the DLC
    WINNER! @Svevin

signature.png
    WINNER! @Svevin

signature.png
    WINNER! @Ryadic

signature.png
    WINNER! @Taramoor

signature.png
    WINNER! @Taramoor

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Is the Frozen Synapse DLC worth getting? Cheap enough, close to buying it.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    jclast wrote: »

Hector episodes
    Osmos
    Poker Night 1/2
    Puzzle Agent 1/2
    Sam & Max episodes
    Spacechem
    To the Moon
    XCOM

These are all "take your time" games instead of twitch games. They're also all excellent, and you should play them.

Good list!

Tower defense games where you can pause anytime are a good bet too. Prime World Defenders, Defender's Quest, Defense Grid, etc.

Roguelikes may also fit the bill. I played Sword of the Stars: The Pit on my last work flight (not nine hours - just two. But still.)

EDIT: Yes yes yes @KoopahTroopah - FTL! Dungeons of Dredmore too.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Hector episodes
    Osmos
    Poker Night 1/2
    Puzzle Agent 1/2
    Sam & Max episodes
    Spacechem
    To the Moon
    XCOM

Good list!

Tower defense games where you can pause anytime are a good bet too. Prime World Defenders, Defender's Quest, Defense Grid, etc.

Roguelikes may also fit the bill. I played Sword of the Stars: The Pit on my last work flight (not nine hours - just two. But still.)

FTL! Press space to pause at any time!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You should just play Super Meat Boy, They Bleed Pixels, Binding of Isaac, and other games that will endear you to any lookie loos on the plane.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Got the following coupons I am not interested in. Let me know if you want them (same name in Adventures).

Sequence -50%
    Hamilton's Great Adventure -75%
    Faerie Solitaire -90%

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Poker Night at the Inventor (1 or 2) seems appropriate. It was home I spent most of my last flights/day stuck in airports.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    doublepost

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Got Expeditions Conquistador at the last min.... 3 bundles and 2 steam daily deals (EC and KRZ), and DLC for CK2 and D2 since the dale... Why?! What's wrong with me.

Edit: I'm glad I already own Frozen Synapse. It would appear spending money in the past is the best way to avoid spending money in the future.

been really good deals since the sale ended but I had to go under lockdown. doing my best to not even click on the store, although I've been peaking at risen 2 and sacred 2 because that bundle is just so good.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Got the following coupons I am not interested in. Let me know if you want them (same name in Adventures).

Sequence -50%
    Faerie Solitaire -90%

Sequence is an astounding game that everyone should try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uty8X-fFHIM

I kind of fell out of the rhythm, puzzle rpgs with puzzlequest.

Sequence -50%
    Faerie Solitaire -90%

Can you use coupons on the mobile app?

steam_sig.png

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Hector episodes
    Osmos
    Poker Night 1/2
    Puzzle Agent 1/2
    Sam & Max episodes
    Spacechem
    To the Moon
    XCOM

Good list!

FTL! Press space to pause at any time!

The Walking Dead.

• Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

If your laptop can handle it - Civ.
    If not (provided you like that kinda thing) Crusader Kings 2.

EDIT : I would suggest Pinball FX2 but that may lead to bruises on your next passenger. The "OOHH FUCK THIS" yells wont help either.
    OFC you might have more restraint than me when your ball is cheap drained while all the good things are flashing. But I doubt it :P

Drunken Bastard on

Sequence -50%
    Faerie Solitaire -90%

Dunno if you want one I can save one for whoever :) just pm me.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    @jclast @koopahtroopah @lolo @cooljammer00

That's perfect. That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll make sure those games are all installed before the trip. I hope Xcom works. It's my work computer which, while it is pretty new, they weren't exactly planning on it being a gaming powerhouse so I can't play anything too resource intensive (although that won't stop me from trying :winky: )

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Unintentional Steam Boycott, Day 5.

Steam support continues to completely ignore all communication from a customer who has spent many hundreds of dollars in their store and just wants to give them more money.

As someone who has worked in retail and/or customer service in one way or another for over 20 years, this does not make sense to me.

/sigh

Sorry for going on about this. If I don't vent somewhere, someone will die a messy death. You're saving lives here. ;)

You should go fishing.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Unintentional Steam Boycott, Day 5.

Steam support continues to completely ignore all communication from a customer who has spent many hundreds of dollars in their store and just wants to give them more money.

As someone who has worked in retail and/or customer service in one way or another for over 20 years, this does not make sense to me.

/sigh

Sorry for going on about this. If I don't vent somewhere, someone will die a messy death. You're saving lives here. ;)

You should go fishing.

She would bite throat out of sharks...

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Ahh man! Looks like I'm missing games that start with a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, AND 9! DAMMIT!

I have all letters and the number 1 too, but no 0. What game do you have that starts with a zero?

edit: Zero Gear doesn't count! :P

Wadda ya mean, Zero Gear doesn't count? ZERO IS RIGHT THERE! I'm not counting it twice, got plenty of other Z games...

3d mark

4 elements
    688(l) hunter killer
    7 wonders 2
    9th company: roots of terror

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    Bleh double post

Drunken Bastard on
    edited July 2013

Sequence -50%
    Faerie Solitaire -90%

Jubal77 on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Your Doodles Are Bugged
    Yesterday
    Yosumin
    Yar's Revenge
    Yumsters 2

Yeah, they all look awful. I'm only getting stuff I'm interested in playing. (even if it does sit on the backlog for months)

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • SaboSabo Registered User regular

If your laptop can handle it - Civ.
    If not (provided you like that kinda thing) Crusader Kings 2.

EDIT : I would suggest Pinball FX2 but that may lead to bruises on your next passenger. The "OOHH FUCK THIS" yells wont help either.
    OFC you might have more restraint than me when your ball is cheap drained while all the good things are flashing. But I doubt it :P

I lol'd at the Pinball FX2 commments, because I've done that way too many times in my travels, only to receive glances/glares from other passengers.

I played Skyrim on my last flight a few weeks ago and the stewardess kept asking me questions about the game and my laptop. It was kinda amusing actually. She was cute, too. All those pretty pixels I guess.

I'd also recommend some good side-scrollers like: Trine, Trine 2, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Gunpoint, Rayman Origins, and Mark of the Ninja all come to mind.

Sequence -50%
    Faerie Solitaire -90%

Dunno if you want one I can save one for whoever :) just pm me.

Well I don't know when the coupon expires but I've heard nothing but good and interesting things about
    Sequence.

steam_sig.png

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Posting for the afternoon folks.

signature.png
    Open to the PA group.

signature.png
    Open to the PAGT group.

steam_sig.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Affirming that Sequence is pretty cool.

steam_sig.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    @jclast @koopahtroopah @lolo @cooljammer00

That's perfect. That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll make sure those games are all installed before the trip. I hope Xcom works. It's my work computer which, while it is pretty new, they weren't exactly planning on it being a gaming powerhouse so I can't play anything too resource intensive (although that won't stop me from trying :winky: )

It being a work computer, you might want to make sure the games are Steam Cloud enabled so you can sync your progress back up with your main computer. Assuming that such a thing is possible.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I'd better see you guys with Rise of the Triad online tonight. Our matches of death will be glorious.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I'd better see you guys with Rise of the Triad online tonight. Our matches of death will be glorious.

What's Rise of the Triad?
    :bz

This discussion has been closed.