As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Luchaire wrote: »
    What letter?Just, you know, for science.
    You could check his profile, you know?

:lol: I couldn't check it from work.

Does it matter? Isn't Luchaire still as harmless as a declawed kitten? :)

/snarl
    /hiss
    /spit
    /claw

Yes. :(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    C2B wrote: »
    C2B wrote: »
    Breath of Fire 6 was announced for PC!

As an online-touch based game.

Screw you Capcom.

online touch based?

still though

hahahahaha

Wait...fucking... what?
    b13cc9b2.jpg
    bec4a717.jpg
    b7bf774f.jpg

I'm not sure if the exces at Capcom realise that every attempt at revitalizing old franchises as an online game has failed in some way so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

KoopahTroopah on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    oh my gosh

capcom pls

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Alegis wrote: »
    I don't get the point of Take on Mars? A simulation game of something we know little about to simulate? Is it science-fiction? You drive a buggy on martian soil and ... ?

it has achievements?

You do science. The campaign has you trying to achieve mission objectives within budget. There are things to discover based on current theory.

I may not have become the astronaut/scientist I dreamed of being when I was a small boy and the space race was in full glorious motion. But I can play Take On Mars.

I thought the name was just a play on Take On Helicopters, but it's actually a new game by BI. Definitely adding to wishlist.

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Good morning Steam thread. Reminder, just over 1 day left!

signature.png
    Open to the PA group.

signature.png
    Open to the PAGT group.

steam_sig.png
    and shining force ii purchased

thank you steam

for buying it for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if these still work but I thought I would put them out there for anyone:

Crayon Physics - DD94R-IAQEX-GXL74
    Cogs - 62WJ3-WXLFE-FV0V3
    Nightsky - 5PIAP-Q5NQM-Y3ARE
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - MJAW5-IWNRX-EWWW0
    Aquaria - 79W8A-RA34G-QK8ZN
    Nightsky - PGK7Y-Q3Z3G-CEQ04

Let me know if you use them or if they don't work.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    I picked up the first Nightsky key. Thank you very much for the display of class fellow Ed.

steam_sig.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

:lol: I couldn't check it from work.

Does it matter? Isn't Luchaire still as harmless as a declawed kitten? :)

/snarl
    /hiss
    /spit
    /claw

Yes. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCUpiI1MSA

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    edited August 2013
    Steam thread. I'm going to take my PC to my living room for relaxed steam gaming time in glorious HD.

I just have to enter offline mode first right? Anything else I should know about Steam without an internet connection if I can't get this wireless dongle to work?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    do offline mode while you still have internet to make sure it works

camo_sig.png
    /makes mental note to do terrible things to @Dyvim Tvar's backlog at the earliest opportunity

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • MisterMMisterM UKRegistered User regular
    Steam thread. I'm going to take my PC to my living room for relaxed steam gaming time in glorious HD.

I just have to enter offline mode first right? Anything else I should know about Steam without an internet connection if I can't get this wireless dongle to work?

You won't want to remove it from your living room.

/hugs dedicated Big Picture Mode PC <3

SCII-EU: MisterM.868 // LoL-EU-West: MisterM868 // Diablo3: MisterM#2476
    steam_sig.png
    MisterM wrote: »

Fortunately I don't have a wireless KB/M

(i do actually but they are locked away somewhere lost and forgotten)

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Having that sale envy. I want to start getting into remixing and arrangements so I can work on some original music for my games and I really should of jumped on Music Creator 6 Touch and the DLC sale when I had the chance.

Having that sale envy. I want to start getting into remixing and arrangements so I can work on some original music for my games and I really should of jumped on Music Creator 6 Touch and the DLC sale when I had the chance.

oh gosh

i just realized i'll be on the surround sound. i can open ableton live. plug in my midi controller and

oh my gosh.

steam_sig.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    MisterM wrote: »

:) I plugged my new computer into the TV last night to try it out in glorious 1080p goodness. I was hopping though games when my 65 year old dad stopped by to visit. He asked me what I was up to and then saw the TV, I was playing skyrim at the time, and proceeds to sit down in my other recliner and watch the game for a good 15 minutes... My dad is a Tolkien nerd and was having a grand old time stating ooohhhhs and aaahhhs etc when I was running around keeling bandits and the like.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Not Steam related, but I just got 3 beta keys for Card Hunter.
    Its a fun "card" game that is basically D&D floormap combat. With cards.
    Use https://accounts.cardhunter.com/register to register

TDST-FYHW-HQFC
    PRDW-WKTT-YKBP
    KJNJ-TBKM-DYDG

Go wild :P

Thanks!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    I need some help here. What game should I choose? Beyond Good and Evil or Zeno Clash 2?

You people and your fancy TVs that have PC hookups...

/oldmanrant

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Not Steam related, but I just got 3 beta keys for Card Hunter.
    Its a fun "card" game that is basically D&D floormap combat. With cards.
    Use https://accounts.cardhunter.com/register to register

TDST-FYHW-HQFC
    PRDW-WKTT-YKBP
    KJNJ-TBKM-DYDG

Go wild :P

And I'll form the head grab the first. Thanks, this looks nifty!

s7Imn5J.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    I need some help here. What game should I choose? Beyond Good and Evil or Zeno Clash 2?

Beyond Good & Evil

I haven't played Zeno Clash 2 but BG&E is a fantastic game

steam_sig.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »

/oldmanrant

Lol, upgrade to a HDTV with a HDMI port dude. It's 100% worth it and is practically standard on TVs now.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Have you ever played Beyond Good and Evil?

• FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Unfortunately, I haven't.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Unfortunately, I haven't.

Get Beyond Good and Evil.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I have a TV with both hdmi and pc inputs but the resolutions between that and my monitor are different meaning I can't just have one mirror the other easily :(

ArcSyn wrote: »

/oldmanrant

Lol, upgrade to a HDTV with a HDMI port dude. It's 100% worth it and is practically standard on TVs now.

It's on the list.

Unfortunately when we upgrade our TV we'll have to change our current TV stand because it's on of those old wood ones with a specifically sized hole in it for SDTVs and we have the printer and stereo on the top. That and the glass cabinet on the side has all the internet and video game stuff so I'd have to relocate that as well. Just a giant mess of figuring things out and expensive. I think until our TV dies it won't happen.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Amazon

Hotline Miami $3.99

Garshasp: The Monster Slayer $1.25

Dungeon Hearts $1.19

Anodyne $3.99

Edit: Took out some because the deals on steam are better!

Krummith on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Bummer - looks like Papo & Yo isn't Steam - that was one of my Summer Sale wishes that didn't hit a daily.

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    What's a good game on Steam that starts with a Y? It's the only letter I'm missing from the alphabet now that I finally decided to check.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
    Bummer - looks like Papo & Yo isn't Steam - that was one of my Summer Sale wishes that didn't hit a daily.

Says Steam when I look at it. I don't think you can even get Papo & Yo except as a Steam key anywhere.

Also, anyone who passes up that game for $6 has no soul. Such a beautiful and delightful game. Ranks with To The Moon on the Feels-o-Meter...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    @Luchaire, GabeN hasn't gotten back to you yet? What other games do you not currently have?

And for Y game suggestions, the Ys games are the best games.

camo_sig2.png
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

Says Steam when I look at it. I don't think you can even get Papo & Yo except as a Steam key anywhere.

Also, anyone who passes up that game for $6 has no soul. Such a beautiful and delightful game. Ranks with To The Moon on the Feels-o-Meter...

It's actually a daily at about half that price, so buying through Steam is smarter. You know, FOR THOSE WHO CAN BUY THROUGH STEAM!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

camo_sig2.png
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    @Lindsay Lohan - You need to say things like that more often. Papo & Yo just showed up as the daily and I promptly purchased it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

I'll start this by saying that Zeno Clash is a real good game, and I'm sure Zeno Clash 2 is also good.

That said, Beyond Good & Evil is one of the best games ever made. It's the rare game that combines a brilliantly realized world that you just want to dig into with some of the most enjoyable gameplay ever. Seriously, it's like they took a look at the 3D Zelda games, decided to refine the combat, add (awesome, non-gimmicky) photography, toss in some beautifully executed stealth elements and filter it through Michel Ancel's beautiful imagination. It's got a kickass, strong female protagonist, it's got an evil oppressive big bad, it's got fucking fantastic supporting characters that you will care about, and it's got dialog and writing that is so sharp you're likely to cut yourself. It's even got vehicular segments that are actually FUN. It's also got what, to this day, is the absolute best chase sequence in all of video games that Uncharted has been desperately trying to ape for years.

This is not the sort of game that comes around very often. You owe it to yourself to play Beyond Good & Evil.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    @Luchaire, GabeN hasn't gotten back to you yet? What other games do you not currently have?

@DaringDirk - No new news since a brief glimmer of hope yesterday that quickly died out. Squished like a bug.

As for games, none. I have them all. All the games. Every one. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    DaringDirk wrote: »

It's actually a daily at about half that price, so buying through Steam is smarter. You know, FOR THOSE WHO CAN BUY THROUGH STEAM!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:evil:

/mental note

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    You got a response yesterday, that means your next one will be here around Labor Day.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.