As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Not getting emails on 1st PM

I have my notifications set up such that I should get an email when someone sends me a PM

If someone starts a PM thread with me, I do not receive an email. All subsequent messages in the PM thread generate emails as expected, but never the first one. This has been going on for some time, and I probably should have made this thread sooner to see if anyone else has had the same issue.

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I THINK this has been true for me as well, lately. I don't get PMs often, though, so I'm not totally sure.

Edit: Yep, definitely no e-mail on the first PM in a thread.

Essee on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well I can easily test that for you.

• Options
    Given our quick test, it appears Essee has the same issue.

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    I also have this issue.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I don't have the setup for email notifications, but i'm not getting popup notifications or notifications on the little globe on the userbar for receiving the first PM in a conversation. the number 1 will show up on the envelope on the userbar, but that's it.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I choose to believe that this is the reason I've been receiving less emails from people who think I'm an automatic forwarding bot and if anyone attempts to fix it I will hit their hand with a hammer.

• Options
    Um... I'll take the hammer hit if it means it gets fixed. This has been driving me crazy. It also really sucks for people that don't check the forums as often as I do.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Working on it

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    hammer-1.jpg

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Have I mentioned before how much I absolutely love IcyLiquid's interpretations of the Solid Saints auction?

... desu.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Can someone check if this is working now?

• Options
    It appears to be working, based on two different people testing this by PMing me.

Thanks @IcyLiquid :)

• Options
    More like thanks @Toddo, but no problem :)

• Options
    WELL FINE NO THANKS FOR YOU!

This discussion has been closed.