As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hoi chummer, come sit and discuss our next Table Tops Games

MeldingMelding Registered User regular
This is a shadow

jBGppkd.jpg

This is a run

FVRwagz.jpg

When you combine them, you get something, like a this.

IxOE1QS.jpg

C1QGMic.jpg

2gvoVnC.jpg

So let us discuss them, and other games played on a table top.

such as Dungeons and Dragons

X4xafwx.jpg

Gamma World

yfwiXzn.jpg

And that white wolf game where you play as this guy

DhqxN1D.jpg

And many more!

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Playing the shadowrun video game I kick started cause my friend told me to me makes me really wanna play actual shadowrun

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Monte Cook is going to be at our local SciFi/Fantasy convention this year

he seems like a guy that'd give a really interesting talk

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    That D&D art looks pretty... bad.

Like it belongs in Adventure Quest or something.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I miss my old tabletop days. I haven't played since probably 2000. We mostly played Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk D&D, Traveller, Shadowrun, Rifts, and once in a while some Vampire.

My brother LARP'd Vampire... I will never stop ridiculing him for this.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Let's talk about the new Warhammer Lizardmen

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I did not know what Larping was before Vampire nor did I know what to call it when I witnessed it
    All their props and formal wear in the middle of a Perkins still I have no idea what I saw

Let's talk about the new Warhammer Lizardmen

Lets talk about the Time and Money sink of wargaming instead

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We had this giant table that we crafted out of some plywood, and some 2x4s. It dominated our living room. We took paint pens and drew and wrote all over it for decoration.

It's no wonder I didn't get laid much...

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    vampire the family gathering

dracula insists on having thanksgiving at his castle this year, but tells lestat that he can't bring his newest harem. the cullens arrive, but ever since their son went off and married a human, things have gotten chilly with the rest of the extended family. the addams show up but no one is quite sure that they belong there and some suspect that they may not be related to anyone

roll to not drop cranberry sauce in ms. harker's lap

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    We had this giant table that we crafted out of some plywood, and some 2x4s. It dominated our living room. We took paint pens and drew and wrote all over it for decoration.

O I did get laid a lot because of vampire larping that I do not regret
    She on the other hand took me down a road I wish never to see again

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Playing the shadowrun video game I kick started cause my friend told me to me makes me really wanna play actual shadowrun
    Yeah, my response to Returns is mostly "Holy shit is this Shadowrun? I'd like to play Shadowrun"

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I like how that elf shadowrunner lady in the third image appears to be a Lara Croft cosplayer.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend just bought her first set of dice (all the others she has either were mine or were gifts from me).

I checked them out and said, "Neat. Now...you know what to do first, right?"

She doesn't know what she's supposed to do first...what a n00b
    she's watching me type this.
    send help.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The fifth edition for Shadowrun came out recently, no? Is there anything greatly different between it and the last one?

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Yeah, but its not like the 3->4 change, a lot of it is more under-the-hood stuff.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    That D&D art looks pretty... bad.

Like it belongs in Adventure Quest or something.

Oh yeah? well, then fine you can pick its replacement out of these options:

HWg5axB.jpg

iN99qzP.jpg

39IMMCO.jpg

UvvzdDR.jpg

Which of these do you think more belongs to dungeons and dragons and not Adventure quest?

Is the umber hulk doing a jig for the adventurers?

c9PXgFo.jpg
    I don't know.

Probably.

Let's just say yes.

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    iN99qzP.jpg

"hmmmm... six points"

Q1e6oi8.gif
    "Oh come on Harold, can't we just stab the monsters? Do we really need to watch their talent show?"

that is what i am imagining the guy in the background saying.

"you dance like shit and your mandibles disgust me. get off the stage"

next season on eberron's got talent...

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    HWg5axB.jpg

I like how everyone's just kind of amused and having a good time except for the wizard, who's terrified that his ghoul-claw got stuck to a net full of shadows.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    ziEyH6y.jpg
    thank you, thank you, i'll be performing all week in the Grand Stadium Performing Arts Center

edited August 2013
    apparently the theatrical arts run in the umber hulk family

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    Denada wrote: »
    HWg5axB.jpg

I like how everyone's just kind of amused and having a good time except for the wizard, who's terrified that his ghoul-claw got stuck to a net full of shadows.

i am fairly sure his ghoul like claws are in fact launching the net out of them. Like spider-man, but weirder.

edited August 2013
    I like the two men at arms

One appears to be wielding a aspergillum and a piece of wood, the other has a gladius and scutum for some reason

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    We also have:

Not-a-spartan, confused and bewildered by the puppy wielding a shield that is roughly the same size as the handle of his sword.

The kobold threatening himself with an unfletched arrow.

The kobold who is directly targeting and attacking not-a-spartan's shield, as though it were an actual giant insect.

The kobold who's laughing at the camera like, "Can you believe these guys?"

The two fighters who are making sure to threaten all the empty space around that last kobold, just in case he moves from that spot.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

O I did get laid a lot because of vampire larping that I do not regret
    She on the other hand took me down a road I wish never to see again

Talking about Vampire LARP, that makes a good excuse to post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AEBnH1kAM

Spoony's got quite a few good RPG stories (though he does ramble some in these line of videos), that one being one of the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRfrNeBspEE

This one's also good though it may seem 'eh' if you've played a lot of SWTOR. Oh, and he does have at least one Shadowrun story too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPM7I49fj8

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    We also have:

Not-a-spartan, confused and bewildered by the puppy wielding a shield that is roughly the same size as the handle of his sword.

The kobold who is directly targeting and attacking not-a-spartan's shield, as though it were an actual giant insect.

The two fighters who are making sure to threaten all the empty space around that last kobold, just in case he moves from that spot.

those kobolds are awful-looking

where's @DMAC when you need him

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    first edition kobolds are great.

Maybe DMAC should draw you!
    wait, that's a terrible threat.
    To Death!
    Yeah, good work there. that's much more intimidating.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    first edition kobolds are great.

Maybe DMAC should draw you!
    wait, that's a terrible threat.
    To Death!
    Yeah, good work there. that's much more intimidating.
    Dubh wrote: »
    We also have:

those kobolds are awful-looking

where's @DMAC when you need him

I have thought it'd be fun to try drawing the classic "dog lizard" kobolds.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm starting a game of Risk Legacy with some folks.
    I've always been a big fish in a small pond as far as boardgames go, and so I'm excited about destroying them er... competing.

VayBJ4e.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    People underestimate my love for reptile people

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I'm starting a game of Risk Legacy with some folks.
    I've always been a big fish in a small pond as far as boardgames go, and so I'm excited about destroying them er... competing.

Don't put all your money on building up Australia

it ends poorly

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    So, we broke the seal on Galaxy Trucker last night with a couple mates.

Highly entertaining. Like all first games, we got at least half the rules wrong. But it looks like it'd be good fun, and you'd think easily expandable. Kinda. Jen was discussing whether it'd be better to get the expansion to 5 players, or just by another box so we could have 8 player games by doing double challenge cards.

But we probably need a few more games under our belt before we move either way; I get the feeling that it's the kind of game where mastery of the construction phase is going to come more and more into play.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    games are for nerds

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    no, games are for children

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    goddammit I really really wanna play Netrunner all the damn time

I would like to play Netrunner but I failed to convince others

This discussion has been closed.