As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hoi chummer, come sit and discuss our next Table Tops Games

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Speaking of, Quinns reviewed Netrunner: Creation and Control at Shut Up & Sit Down.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Speaking of, Quinns reviewed Netrunner: Creation and Control at Shut Up & Sit Down.
    i posted that on the first page!

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    People underestimate my love for reptile people

I do not, I still have Kobold Quest in my bookmarks

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    i posted that on the first page!

My apologies. I tend to skip past contentless posts at work because they're usually just embedded images to blocked sites.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    fair enough!

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Huntera wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    People underestimate my love for reptile people

I do not, I still have Kobold Quest in my bookmarks

Rhhhhhh

Dex Dynamo on
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Playing Shadowrun Returns makes me want to play classic 1st or 2nd edition Shadowrun. More specifically run a
    Universal Brotherhood Campaign
    on some players who don't know the Shadowrun backstory/metaplot at all.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    shadowrun returns is like if shadowrun didn't necessitate you spending 5 hours on character creation

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    shadowrun returns is like if shadowrun didn't necessitate you spending 5 hours on character creation

Is there character appearance customization?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone else ever play Traveller? That fucking game had some seriously complicated space battles.

I kind of played Traveller but it was run by a nice but old-school grognard guy who had no concept of clapping his hands and saying "okay we've spent enough time dallying around let's actually go do something" so we would spend several sessions buying shit and preparing for a journey and traveling and spending time on the ship while traveling and docking and actually doing anything exciting was like a once-a-month occurrence.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yup. You choose a portrait and an appearance for your model. In a nice touch you can choose to match model to your portrait, which is neat!

Moriveth wrote: »

Yup. You choose a portrait and an appearance for your model. In a nice touch you can choose to match model to your portrait, which is neat!

So how does this not take 5 hours?

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

it's just picking a head and skin color and hairstyle yo

rRwz9.gif
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    SR5 looks pretty damn neat, although I didn't get much time to look at it

There isn't apparently a timeline in this version, or an update in the year. That's more than a little disappointing, it was always half the fun to see what shit has gone down in between editions.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    oh and I guess beard

if the little 2 pixels of face fuzz are that important

rRwz9.gif
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular

There isn't apparently a timeline in this version, or an update in the year. That's more than a little disappointing, it was always half the fun to see what shit has gone down in between editions.

isn't it like several years after 4th? could have sworn it is set in like 74 and 4th was not.

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular

they're talking about the videogame, yo

Q1e6oi8.gif
    there isn't enough options for it to take five hours, 2 tops.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    oh and I guess beard

if the little 2 pixels of face fuzz are that important

They are.

• Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular

Gotta check this myself. I'm very quite totally absolutely OK with a timeline neutral version... but what kinds of technology are in the book?

Like, 205X was keyboard size decks and plugs and stuff

207X was all wireless and nanos and junk

This could be problematic. Where's SR5 fall?

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Giant wireless keyboard sized decks that also have plugs.

I am not kidding.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Snowbeat wrote: »

I know.

Jacobkosh says the customization isn't as robust as I'd hoped/feared.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I've now played four games of Dominion and won three.

MORE VILLAGES

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Cathedrals Chapels man...

Gotta trim that fat.

Also mines though the two don't work together very well.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Snowbeat wrote: »

I know.

Jacobkosh says the customization isn't as robust as I'd hoped/feared.

It's pretty modest. No sniper rifles or assault cannons. But it's pretty fun.

Also, stealth is almost non-existant. It's just moving drones through air ducts. It's hard pull off in the editor.

In G&T we are hoping HBS adds more stuff for the Berlin campaign. Deckers and SMGs could use some improvements.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    This was during the first game:

kozNkqc.jpg

The action cards play right to left for some reason, so village, market, smithy, etc.

In between action cards I drew a total of 16 treasure and two estates, so I decided the time was ripe to get into the province game and bought two of them at once.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Actually reading about mines I guess I just have a soft spot for it.

But yeah, village is good!

Also buy a Witch as soon as humanly possible if they're in the game.

no, mines are fantastic

just get one or two in your deck and by the end of the game you've just replaced all your copper with gold

it's also the only card that I've seen so far with the instruction to gain a card and then put it directly into your hand for use that turn, which is great.

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Also buy a Witch as soon as humanly possible if they're in the game.

I fucking hate witches

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I haven't played Dominion in sooooooooooo long

Melding wrote: »

isn't it like several years after 4th? could have sworn it is set in like 74 and 4th was not.

Alright i looked into this.

4th edition is 2072. 5th edition is 2075.

In three years decks came back, a new Ares Predator hit the market, and guns got more deadly or something.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I wonder why kobolds appear as reptilian in some fantasy and canine in others.

cause kobold is just one of those things. like a goblin. they don't really have one set thing.

Their origin in german folklore they're a tiny goblin creature that is typically invisible and can turn into fire and stuff.

But then in modern popular fantasy people deiced they're going to use the name for something else entirely and one guy decided dog, another lizard.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    yeah, originally they were just distant cousins to goblins, but artists kept drawing them scalier and scalier, so when 3e rolled out they were like "fuck it, they're reptilian now, and also they're related to dragons because, well, why not?"

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    The older Monster Manuals routinely describe them as both scaly and dog-like, most often in relation to their snouts.

Some people veered toward the scaly part of their description, others latched onto the dog-like.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    ugh SR5 is gonna have big clunky decks again?

laaame

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    ugh SR5 is gonna have big clunky decks again?

laaame

Seeing how you can have them embedded in your head? No.

OrokosPA.png
    keyboard for a head

This discussion has been closed.