As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are their ever any chicks at these things?

• SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Thyrza wrote:
    Of course there wont be any chicks there! Why would baby chickens go to a convention?

Briliant satire, no really.
    Thyrza wrote:
    Now, to answer the question "will there be any girls there?" YES there WILL be, but if I hear anyone mention 'hot nerd girl' i will pummel them to the ground... :twisted:

How much can you bench?
    Thyrza wrote:
    So, how much effort do you put into getting ready in the morning or just looking nice period? Or would you rather play games? I think I know the answer to this one...

I put a lot of effort into looking nice, and getting ready in the morning, and smelling nice etc... Hygiene is important, stinky people are not fun to be around. As for playing games... Games are fun, but as my father was fond of saying there is a time and place for everything and some of us have to go to work.
    Thyrza wrote:
    so why would any women who are hot and well dressed even pay attention to someone who really doesn’t care? Hell, with the way your talking about women, why the hell should I CARE?

How are we talking about women? Not in a bad way. Who wouldnt like to find some one atractive of their sexual preference with common interests. Oh wait thats what most people want. Why should you care?
    Thyrza wrote:
    I've been playing D&D ever since I was old enough to read. My Dad was the DM in all his games and he held me on his knee when I was a baby. As for computer games? I played all the computer games that came out since 1986, with him or by myself...like Marathon, I remember that was a lot of fun. The point is I have been apart of the gaming culture since I was little, and I'm used to hearing 'hot nerd girl' but the way your talking about girls in this forum makes it sound like they are a rare dessert often coveted and held by someone else....

Sounds like you have daddy issues.

Thyrza wrote:
    Well I can tell you right now I'm NO dessert...I'm not held by anyone and I'll be damned if anyone ever does. Yeah I'll be there at PAX, I even want to Volunteer if I can, but there is no way I will hang out with someone who actively thinks of women who just happen to like games, as an object.

Nobody here thinks of women as an object from what I gathered. It sounds to me like you hate men. You should give up on dating now and start herding cats.
    Thyrza wrote:
    Or at least, this is the impression I'm getting...correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong.
    Thyrza wrote:
    By the way, maybe if you guys stopped talking about girls like this, perhaps more of them would be interested in games in general….

This is a very assinine statement. You arent serious are you? A more accurate statement would be "Maybe if you stopped talking to guys like this, they would take more of an interest in you." I've dated girls with your attitude and I'll tell you one thing they all spout feminism and equality but they always want you to pay for dinner, dates etc... what gives?

If you would like to continue this debate feel free to start a new topic in SE and PM me a link to it. I dont want to start a flame war, and I dont want my topic derailed.

Thankyou
    best wishes
    sincereley
    Men everywhere.

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Ice1903Ice1903 Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    He wins.

Ice1903 on
    ' I'm not addicted to gambling, I'm addicted to sitting in a semi-circle '
  • AerenAeren Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    You see? Told you there were supporters. :lol:

Today's tally:

Men - 1
    Women (That is, Thyrza) - 0

Aeren on
    -- Well, yeah, I suppose I'd like to have someone to worship me. --
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2004
    Don't worry, the red handprint on your face only takes a couples days to go away...... :oops:

Unknown User on
  • RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Thyrza wrote:
    So, how much effort do you put into getting ready in the morning or just looking nice period? Or would you rather play games? I think I know the answer to this one...so why would any women who are hot and well dressed even pay attention to someone who really doesn’t care? Hell, with the way your talking about women, why the hell should I CARE?
    Well, spending time to make yourself look respectable is a sign of good self esteem, however spending waaaay too much time, or no tmie at all, making yourself look good is a sign of low self esteem. Where do you lie? :)
    Thyrza wrote:
    I've been playing D&D ever since I was old enough to read. My Dad was the DM in all his games and he held me on his knee when I was a baby. As for computer games? I played all the computer games that came out since 1986, with him or by myself...like Marathon, I remember that was a lot of fun. The point is I have been apart of the gaming culture since I was little, and I'm used to hearing 'hot nerd girl' but the way your talking about girls in this forum makes it sound like they are a rare dessert often coveted and held by someone else....
    A couple of guys made a few comments, and yet I get the feeling you're talking about all of us guys when you say 'your'... :|
    Thyrza wrote:
    Well I can tell you right now I'm NO dessert...I'm not held by anyone and I'll be damned if anyone ever does. Yeah I'll be there at PAX, I even want to Volunteer if I can, but there is no way I will hang out with someone who actively thinks of women who just happen to like games, as an object.
    Well, that's good, because a lot of us are average, normal people who don't discriminate against women, mainly because we don't give a toss about feminism, or male dominance. We're in the middle, and all too often caught in the crossfire ;P
    Thyrza wrote:
    Or at least, this is the impression I'm getting...correct me if I'm wrong.
    If you mean from the whole forum, consider yourself corrected.
    Thyrza wrote:
    By the way, maybe if you guys stopped talking about girls like this, perhaps more of them would be interested in games in general…
    I doubt it; why would someone suddenly start liking games because the male hardcore gaming community, most of which they've never met, suddenly all turn into perfect gentlemen? How would they know? Would there be some kind of announcement? ;)

Rohaq on
    edited April 2004
    Mayhem wrote:
    Don't worry, the red handprint on your face only takes a couples days to go away...... :oops:

If she wants equal rights she wont mind if I hit her back :lol:

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Aevii_Aevii_ Registered User new member
    edited April 2004
    Vissith wrote:
    Or have a massive ... wallet.
    That has been my experience.

Aevii_ on
    edited April 2004
    Mayhem wrote:

If she wants equal rights she wont mind if I hit her back :lol:
    I've thought about that before; a lot of the women who campaign for equal rights often suddenly change their tune when being treated differently acts in their favour; it's stupidly hypocritical.

EDIT:- Ok, howzabout we stop right here on this subject? It's only going to lead to arguments ;)

Rohaq on
  • The SiegeThe Siege Game Developer Oakland CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2004
    Yeah, but the guy-female ratio would be so high as to obliterate your chances, unless you are a genuine playa/pick-up artist. Gaming convention is NOT a place to meet chicks.

The Siege on
    Cards and Castles - CCG meets Tactics! Coming soon to Steam: http://www.cardsandcastles.com/main/

I am also known as Vontre.
    edited April 2004
    I say we go back to the good old days when a man was a big stupid meat-sheild whose big purpose in life was making sure his woman got enough iron in her diet to make up for all the losses (Namely a menstrual cycle that costs many times the volume of blood of even the elephant's cycle, breast milk, and developing a foetus.) that that could drive many women to anemia; and then let the women do the hard stuff like childbearing and use of intelligence. (Women being the most intelligent of mammals(Including Men) , what with not going into estrus, and being able to say no to all us horndogs. :D )

Unknown User on
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Well,

As far as single good looking WOMEN coming I highly doubt it... I mean... think about it.

What does it take for a girl to be good looking and single? She has to be bloody crazy. Anorexic vomit swollowing gothic/punk/raver/thug/lesbian/college whoring buliemic nervous insane to the point that even Marylyn Manson types wont get with them.

I mean a couple of GIRLS might come with their dads and what not, there is always at least one asshole dad that brings his daughter to a raggae concert and then scouls at you when you can't distinguish between her and the 4 other petite 30 year old girls there.

The Professional is my favorite movie.

I guess I could hire some whores for you and train them in the art of Soul Caliber? Would that satisfy you guys? I could even dress them up as geeks. It's 2004, everything is for sale.

Or I could import a bunch of Japanese girls... But they are scary scary, I would rather import another ethnicity/culture... But it would be harder to get them interested in video games....

There is always a solution...

Oh yeah and the FEMALE BODY is an object.
    Just as the Male Body is... You are not your body, that's just your vessel. I wont see your personality as an object. I will treet your voice as a sound and if it is a pleasant sound I will find it pleasant. I will treet the experiance of knowing you as an experiance and if it is a pleasant experiance I will hang out whit you. And ladies, I will treet your body as a soft living object of flesh muscle energy skin hair chemicals and if it is nice then I will think of it as nice.

This isn't evil...

You are you are lying to yourself if you think that you don't want to be enjoyed.

Feminist lady:Have your ever read The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis?

Edited for spelling mistakes, my keyboard is garbage.

Puerto Rock on
    edited April 2004
    Well,

As far as single good looking WOMEN coming I highly doubt it... I mean... think about it.

What does it take for a girl to be good looking and single? She has to be bloody crazy. Anorexic vomit swollowing gothic/punk/raver/thug/lesbian/college whoring buliemic nervous insane to the point that even Marylyn Manson types wont get with them.

I mean a couple of GIRLS might come with their dads and what not, there is always at least one asshole dad that brings his daughter to a raggae concert and then scouls at you when you can't distinguish between her and the 4 other petite 30 year old girls there.

The Professional is my favorite movie.

I guess I could hire some whores for you and train them in the art of Soul Caliber? Would that satisfy you guys? I could even dress them up as geeks. It's 2004, everything is for sale.

Or I could import a bunch of Japanese girls... But they are scary scary, I would rather import another ethnicity/culture... But it would be harder to get them interested in video games....

There is always a solution...

Oh yeah and the FEMALE BODY is an object.
    Just as the Male Body is... You are not your body, that's just your vessel. I wont see your personality as an object. I will treet your voice as a sound and if it is a pleasant sound I will find it pleasant. I will treet the experiance of knowing you as an experiance and if it is a pleasant experiance I will hang out whit you. And ladies, I will treet your body as a soft living object of flesh muscle energy skin hair chemicals and if it is nice then I will think of it as nice.

This isn't evil...

You are you are lying to yourself if you think that you don't want to be enjoyed.

Feminist lady:Have your ever read The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis?

Edited for spelling mistakes, my keyboard is garbage.

:lol: post of the day!

SuperFlyTNT on
    -Helem Boesch-
    edited April 2004
    Heh, men are not objects either, and I get just as mad at women who do the same thing ^_^

I suppose you guys gave me an outlet, you see I am working for IGNITE, a program dedicated to getting girls involved in computers...not just games...but just computer jobs in general.

Unfortunitly all they see until they get out of college is mainly the gaming world...or...needless to say the imbalance and sexist culture surrounding games and in games themselves. It makes it incredebly difficult to get girls interested in computers if they just dont like what they see.

I asked many different girls, including cheerleaders why they just didint like computers...it always boiled down to the fact that they just didint like the 'gaming' culture...thought it was too sexest and left it at that.

And they said if it was not there...they WOULD play counter strike with me! AGH! You cannot beleve how frustrating it is! Games are like the marijuana of the computer world...a medium...and all these (and sometimes I must say selfish) girls just dont want to deal with it.

Personally, I get just as angry when they talk about boys like that. Somehow they have this idea that guys dont have feelings and you can push them around whenever you want to...*growls* if anything I stick up for my guy friends than I do for girls..mostly because they are my friends.

And hey, the only thing I ask is to be equal...guess I didint explain that IGNITE is having one hell of a time getting girls into computers! I suppose I do owe you guys an appology...you did not know I'm working lunches and after school every day just to come up with new idea's....

...I have not even had time to play computer games! >.< I suppose I'm just a little stressed over the issue...

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    Thyrza wrote:
    Heh, men are not objects either, and I get just as mad at women who do the same thing ^_^

I suppose you guys gave me an outlet, you see I am working for IGNITE, a program dedicated to getting girls involved in computers...not just games...but just computer jobs in general.

Unfortunitly all they see until they get out of college is mainly the gaming world...or...needless to say the imbalance and sexist culture surrounding games and in games themselves. It makes it incredebly difficult to get girls interested in computers if they just dont like what they see.

I asked many different girls, including cheerleaders why they just didint like computers...it always boiled down to the fact that they just didint like the 'gaming' culture...thought it was too sexest and left it at that.

And they said if it was not there...they WOULD play counter strike with me! AGH! You cannot beleve how frustrating it is! Games are like the marijuana of the computer world...a medium...and all these (and sometimes I must say selfish) girls just dont want to deal with it.

Personally, I get just as angry when they talk about boys like that. Somehow they have this idea that guys dont have feelings and you can push them around whenever you want to...*growls* if anything I stick up for my guy friends than I do for girls..mostly because they are my friends.

And hey, the only thing I ask is to be equal...guess I didint explain that IGNITE is having one hell of a time getting girls into computers! I suppose I do owe you guys an appology...you did not know I'm working lunches and after school every day just to come up with new idea's....

...I have not even had time to play computer games! >.< I suppose I'm just a little stressed over the issue...

A Human is more then just the sum of his parts ( I said that to sound smart)

My body is an object, but that is not all there is to me. If I deny that my body is an object.... Well that is how you get hernias...

AND IT IS NOW your responsibility since you went and told us of this ignite thing...

May I ask...

Have you tried to see if this IGNITE thing has any interest in getting involved in PAX?

Puerto Rock on
    edited April 2004
    Yeah maybe the more social parts of computers would sway someone ehhh and laying it all over someone because they suck. Everone likes doing that lots of opps to do that in gaming. I like all the purety colours myself maybe metion the purty colours.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    I'm going to have to jump on the "Have fun" boat.

If there was "Hot Girls" there, what would you rather do? Talk for HOURS or play some games with the rest of your brothers.

I think this comic says it all.

19991015l.jpg

Take Care.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    I'm going to have to jump on the "Have fun" boat.

If there was "Hot Girls" there, what would you rather do? Talk for HOURS or play some games with the rest of your brothers.

I think this comic says it all.

19991015l.jpg

Take Care.

That is truth right there. I hadn't considered/ I think th best thing any lonely geek could get out of this event is to see geeks with girlfriends and know that there is hope. I don't think it's sunk in to most people how incredibly hot Tycho's wife is. I think when we see them together we will bow down at his feet and ask him to apprentice us.

Puerto Rock on
    edited April 2004
    I'm a chick and I have never seen gaming or gamers as sexist. Granted sometimes I get bored n tired of seeing the female characters drawn as they are but the makers know their "core target" audience. Same as with anime. But mean cruel "grrls" and the like just piss me off like not much else. They're as bad as the gold digging whores in giving women a bad image.

And I might go to PAX. Just now I don't have money to pay for it plus my own nagging sense of not fitting into the crowd. I'm not "a gamer" by any stretch of the imagination. I do dust off the old Dreamcast n fire up Soul Calibur from time to time and am always losing my poor neglected & abused Gameboy Advance but I don't play anything as much as I'd like. I want to get into playing more. Might have to start scheduling it in. :oops:

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    Dew wrote:
    I'm a chick and I have never seen gaming or gamers as sexist. Granted sometimes I get bored n tired of seeing the female characters drawn as they are but the makers know their "core target" audience.
    What about guys though? Since when have you seen a main male character in a game who looks like average joe citizen? I haven't; they've always been fit, muscular, attractive guys. It works both ways, we just don't care as much, and so this battlefront remains pretty much peaceful.

If someone decides to start an argument, there's going to be an argument. If the subject isn't really worth arguing about, then why bother arguing about it? Girls in games are made to look attractive, the same can be said about guys in games. It's a fantasy world where people can carry out actions that they can't in real life, I see nothing wrong with them being partayed as attractive in this world ;)

On another note, I don't consider myself sexist; I feel that people can achieve anything, no matter what gender, age, height, or whatever; I treat other people with the same level of respect that they offer me, and that's the end of it.

Rohaq on
    edited April 2004
    good points people! Though I admit that guys are 'picked on' in games too, there is a colorful flavor to the characters of men in games that is not as apparent in women.

Now I really did not think about games as sexist, still really dont, but when you look at how Games affect women's general viewpoint on computers as a whole, there is a very real problem. Most girls in high school know they should know a little about computers but they just dont want to deal with the 'culture' and sexism in games and surrounding games.

Microsoft, Cisco and many other companies are spending a lot of money trying to get girls into computers...I think if the gaming culture started shifting to more BALANCE (and NOT 'we are women therefore we shall control all') there will be a lot more girls and all that money will go someplace else.

Oh, and if we are going to comics...here is another that illistrates the frustration women feel about games. Scott Kurtz...you made all the women in my family laugh at this one.

archive.php3?archive=20000126

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    Thyrza wrote:
    good points people! Though I admit that guys are 'picked on' in games too, there is a colorful flavor to the characters of men in games that is not as apparent in women.
    Really? I haven't really noticed it that much :| Any examples?

Rohaq on
    edited April 2004
    Who cares if more girls are in computers? Yeah, I wouldn't mind having more women around the office, but i guess it's just as well ;) I'm sure my Girlfriend doesn't mind much. If a girl wants to get into computers, fine do it, but don't be coaxed in. When i went to the local community college durring highschool, There were several girls in the computer dept, taking classes, mostly in Networking(To be honest, that surprised me). But they all dropped by the second year, I'm assuming because they were coaxed in.

Let them do what they want, I don't care. I just hate femenists. They blow.

Added:

Oh yeah, and why have this girl computer group go to pax? Isn't that preaching to the Choir? The few girls that are there, are, well... THERE.

Unknown User on
  • feelmeupfeelmeup Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    And I might go to PAX. Just now I don't have money to pay for it plus my own nagging sense of not fitting into the crowd. I'm not "a gamer" by any stretch of the imagination. I do dust off the old Dreamcast n fire up Soul Calibur from time to time and am always losing my poor neglected & abused Gameboy Advance but I don't play anything as much as I'd like. I want to get into playing more. Might have to start scheduling it in. :oops:[/quote]

don't worry. i'll teach you some soul calibur 2. :P

feelmeup on
    Add me to XBL. Gamertag junkboxprime.
    edited April 2004
    Dew wrote:
    I'm a chick and I have never seen gaming or gamers as sexist. Granted sometimes I get bored n tired of seeing the female characters drawn as they are but the makers know their "core target" audience. Same as with anime. But mean cruel "grrls" and the like just piss me off like not much else. They're as bad as the gold digging whores in giving women a bad image.

Well, that's it: You are one of the blessed few women on the planet capable of understanding this! :wink: I'm impressed!

Dew wrote:
    And I might go to PAX. Just now I don't have money to pay for it plus my own nagging sense of not fitting into the crowd. I'm not "a gamer" by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, yeah, I play video games for a living. And I play FFXI about 25 hours or so a week. And still manage to play other games during the in-between times. I own (at last tally) over 80 console games, and about 25 PC games. I guess I'm a "gamer."

The point I'm getting at is: You don't need to be some kind of hardcore gamer do go to PAX. If games are interesting and fun to you, then go! Enjoy yourself. What's the worst that can happen? Enter a FREE Soulcalibur II tournament and lose?
    Dew wrote:
    I don't play anything as much as I'd like. I want to get into playing more. Might have to start scheduling it in. :oops:

I... think that may only be the second time I have heard a female say something like that.

Marry me? :P

Aeren on
    edited April 2004
    Aeren wrote:
    Dew wrote:
    I don't play anything as much as I'd like. I want to get into playing more. Might have to start scheduling it in. :oops:

I... think that may only be the second time I have heard a female say something like that.

Um...only the second time? I'm shocked.

And after meeting me you may want to retract that last comment. Oy.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    Dew wrote:
    Aeren wrote:
    Dew wrote:

Um...only the second time? I'm shocked.

And after meeting me you may want to retract that last comment. Oy.

No, seriously. Only the second time. Disturbing statistic, huh?

And have some self-confidence, eh? Shouldn't go around assuming that I'd suddenly NOT like you, just because I met you in person. It doesn't make me look like a very nice person. :|

Sure, I was mostly joking. (I mean, who would get married without actually knowing the person?) But I really am impressed. Women who not only play video games, but are interested in making extra time for them are rare! :D

Aeren on
    edited April 2004
    Aeren wrote:
    And have some self-confidence, eh? Shouldn't go around assuming that I'd suddenly NOT like you, just because I met you in person. It doesn't make me look like a very nice person. :|
    To be honest, her lack of self-confidence is what put me off ;)

Just kidding of course, I'm not going to judge you from a few posts ;)
    Aeren wrote:
    Well, yeah, I play video games for a living. And I play FFXI about 25 hours or so a week. And still manage to play other games during the in-between times. I own (at last tally) over 80 console games, and about 25 PC games. I guess I'm a "gamer."
    Out of interest; what do you do for a living? :)

Rohaq on
    edited April 2004
    Rohaq wrote:
    Aeren wrote:

Well, I happen to be a play-tester. Why else would I get paid to play games? :P

Aeren on
    edited April 2004
    I work with Aeren and happen to do the samething he does. And yes it does boil down to...we get paid to play games.

Ice1903 on
    edited April 2004
    Aeren wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    Aeren wrote:

Games journalist? :)

Going a bit OT here, I'm interested in a similar career, any tips? ;)

Rohaq on
    edited April 2004
    We are actually QA (Quality Assurance) testers. We find and report all the bugs/glitches in the game.

Ice1903 on
    edited April 2004
    Rohaq wrote:
    Aeren wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    Aeren wrote:

Actually, yes, I have some very good advice for securing a similar job:

1.) Live in a town with a game company. (I just happen to live in Spokane, with really only has one.) The easiest way to accomplish this is to move to San Diego or L.A.

2.) Go to game company of choice and apply. If it's a larger company (such as Konami of America, or SCEA, etc.) there's a good chance it will be easy to get a play-testing position.

3.) If they turn you down, come back and apply again. At every company possible.

Rinse, wash, repeat. :P

I have a friend who worked his way to being a producer at Konami by starting in their QA department. Just gotta work hard.

Aeren on
    edited April 2004
    Aeren wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    Aeren wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    Aeren wrote:

Actually, yes, I have some very good advice for securing a similar job:

1.) Live in a town with a game company. (I just happen to live in Spokane, with really only has one.) The easiest way to accomplish this is to move to San Diego or L.A.

2.) Go to game company of choice and apply. If it's a larger company (such as Konami of America, or SCEA, etc.) there's a good chance it will be easy to get a play-testing position.

3.) If they turn you down, come back and apply again. At every company possible.

Rinse, wash, repeat. :P

I have a friend who worked his way to being a producer at Konami by starting in their QA department. Just gotta work hard.
    Excellent advice, thanks :) I live in the UK, but I know that there are several UK based developers and some of their locations, so once I've finished up in the area I'm currently in, I think I may apply :)

Any ideas what credentials and the like do they like to see on your CV/resumé?

Rohaq on
  • NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Well, looks like a few females will show up afterall, though we might be easy to pick out of the crowd and generally the female:male ratio is anything but equal but that's alright.

And let's hear it for the girls who are 'dragging their boyfriends' to this convention instead of the typical vice-versa, w00t! :D

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
    edited April 2004
    Ice1903 wrote:
    We are actually QA (Quality Assurance) testers. We find and report all the bugs/glitches in the game.

How did you land those jobs? I would love a job like that, I've done the play test thing for microsoft, but only when I wanted a new game or piece of gratuity software. What kind of school did you have to go through if any? Does it pay well?

SuperFlyTNT on
    -Helem Boesch-
    edited April 2004
    Ice1903 wrote:

How did you land those jobs? I would love a job like that, I've done the play test thing for microsoft, but only when I wanted a new game or piece of gratuity software. What kind of school did you have to go through if any? Does it pay well?
    I think Aeren just explained tips on how to get a similar job above :)

Rohaq on
    edited April 2004
    Ice1903 wrote:

Payscale depends on the company.

But as to the requirements, they all easy. Graduate highschool. If you have other training and such on top of that, it'll help you try and rise ranks quicker. But for the basic testing position, there's not much needed.

Of course, if you can claim prior experience (such as being involved in a volunteer beta-test of another game) that'll help a lot.

Aeren on
    edited April 2004
    Luck and inside info also helps a lot.

Ice1903 on
    edited April 2004
    Thanks guys, this has got to be the only decent thread I've ever started.

SuperFlyTNT on
    -Helem Boesch-
    edited April 2004
    Aeren wrote:
    Ice1903 wrote:

Payscale depends on the company.

But as to the requirements, they all easy. Graduate highschool. If you have other training and such on top of that, it'll help you try and rise ranks quicker. But for the basic testing position, there's not much needed.

Of course, if you can claim prior experience (such as being involved in a volunteer beta-test of another game) that'll help a lot.
    Hm, how's prior development in freeware games, writing game reviews and articles for a freeware site, and beta testing other free games offering possible solutions to bugs and ideas for improvements to gameplay? :)

Rohaq on