As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] - Ys sir, can I Ys have some more?

• DulonDulon Registered User regular
    Since i was on a PSN spending spree yesterday, i got Nun Attack as well.
    I was able to damage the red protals by tapping the place where the projectiles spawn very fast, so they exploded while still near it. Didn't feel like the most graceful way to do it though.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Dulon wrote: »
    Since i was on a PSN spending spree yesterday, i got Nun Attack as well.
    I was able to damage the red protals by tapping the place where the projectiles spawn very fast, so they exploded while still near it. Didn't feel like the most graceful way to do it though.

:^: Still good to know!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I restarted Persona 4 today, got kind of far, and then realized if I am craving more Persona, I should just but Persona 3 Portable.

So I did. It was awesome.

Before bed I looked up the Persona 4 trophies I am missing, just to see what I could do here and there. And I realized, to my horror, I only got the GOOD ending, not TRUE. And God the good ending looks crazy.

And I have no save after 2/10 in the game so I have to replay a huge chunk.

Or just do it on this second Playthrough, somehow.

But I just bought P3P.

Basically I now have crippling anxiety over the amount of fun I have ahead of me vs. wanting to have a life.

THANKS, PERSONA.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I was talking with a friend at University about Persona 4 and various trophies, noting the only real bastard in the lot is Risette Super Fan (hear a bunch of her navigation lines, like 250 or something).

Got it completely randomly while playing the game in front of him and just discussing how I was going to try to abuse the difficulty in my subsequent playthrough to get it. Playing on Very Hard from the start paid off and ALL. DAT. GRINDING.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    I am not sure if it was a mistake to start my first P4G playthrough on normal.
    The difficulty of the first dungeon seemed to be fine, but the later half the game turned out to be way too easy.

Normal difficulty might not be tuned to returning to previous dungeons in order to do quests.
    Still, it's one of the best games i have played and i am looking forward to my next playthrough.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I got the Rissette trophy on my first playthrough without giving any thought to it. I guess it was constantly switching my group around so she got a lot of time to call out her lines for each character.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    can't make up my mind on getting Dragon's Crown on Vita or PS3. on one hand, dat beautiful vita screen. on the other, i'm sure it'll be great on the big screen too. what's everyone's thoughts? other than buying both version because I have so many games to buy this month.

Are you the magic man?
  • Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    I'll be passing on the game.
    Feels good.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I'm afraid to talk about that game in here for fear this thread will devolve into the current abomination of a thread about that game.

I'm picking it up for Vita now, and will look for it on sale for PS3 later.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Feels good.

Of all the things you could do in life, if passing on buying a video game is what fills you with a sense of good, then.. I feel quite sad for you.

Regardless, I'll be glad to enjoy the gameplay with friends. I don't care for a lot of the things the game does in regards to the art.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I think there are some pretty sound reasons to skip out on Dragons Crown really that have been elucidated recently to be honest, at least that completely put any chance of me buying it to zero. It's a shame because I could use another actual retail game for my Vita, but then again I am still going with Persona 4 and am going to start Soul Sacrifice probably this week (?).

Started with Ninja Gaiden Sigma, which is 90% dealing with the utterly insufferable camera and 10% fighting enemies. Glad I got it for free with PSN+.
    Dulon wrote: »
    I am not sure if it was a mistake to start my first P4G playthrough on normal.
    The difficulty of the first dungeon seemed to be fine, but the later half the game turned out to be way too easy.

Normal difficulty might not be tuned to returning to previous dungeons in order to do quests.
    Still, it's one of the best games i have played and i am looking forward to my next playthrough.

Yeah I found normal was really too easy and then I stopped after Yukikos dungeon to restart on Very Hard. I have to admit that even on Very Hard it's not as masochistic an experience as SMT Nocturne (not sure what this was called in the US sorry, maybe Lucifers Call?). That game was absolutely brutal in places and it took me a solid week to figure out how to get past the friggin Matador boss.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Frei wrote: »
    Feels good.

Of all the things you could do in life, if passing on buying a video game is what fills you with a sense of good, then.. I feel quite sad for you.

. . .
    Regardless, I'll be glad to enjoy the gameplay with friends. I don't care for a lot of the things the game does in regards to the art.
    something something I pitty you.
    (Am I doing this right?)

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Feels good.

Because only one thing should ever make you feel good. That's a great outlook on life.

Beltaine wrote: »
    I'm afraid to talk about that game in here for fear this thread will devolve into the current abomination of a thread about that game.

Seems you should not want to bring it up like you are then.

:rolleyes: Anyway...

I was thinking about upgrading to a 16GB memory card from the 8GB I have now. I don't really want to swap cards back and forth so there's no reason to keep the 8GB. Do these things sell pretty well second hand?

Also, also, should be saving Kanji this evening. P4G is such a great game so far!

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    can't make up my mind on getting Dragon's Crown on Vita or PS3. on one hand, dat beautiful vita screen. on the other, i'm sure it'll be great on the big screen too. what's everyone's thoughts? other than buying both version because I have so many games to buy this month.

I'm not getting it immediately but once I do I'll probably go for the Vita version.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I think I'm just going with the PS3 version and get the Vita version later during an inevitable sale. Cross Save make it sort of appealing purchase down the road.

I'll get both versions of Dragon's Crown, but if i had to choose, i'd go with Vita.

Also, also, should be saving Kanji this evening. P4G is such a great game so far!

I heard a lot of praise before getting it and i was sure it's totally overrated. Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

I was thinking about upgrading to a 16GB memory card from the 8GB I have now. [...]

I know this isn't what you asked about, but I'd just like to mention that I've seen the 32GB ones getting a lot cheaper lately.
    Still expensive, but might be worth keeping an eye on. Especially if you're not in a hurry.

• WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Someone likened Dragon's Crown to Borderlands for what it does for its genre plus loot. That pretty much sealed the deal for me, but I've got so much on the 3DS right now I'll hold off for a sale.

I'm gonna' hafta' buy it three times. I've got paid-off preorders for the Vita cart and PS3 discs, and I'll day-one-digital it on Vita.

I switch carts so rarely in my Vita, when the time comes I find I've forgotten what part of it opens up to remove the card. Love dat digital distribution.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Is Dragon's Crown the thing with the tits everywhere on everything?

The aesthetics of that are really turning me off investigating it any further

But hey, I got past Skullgirl's gross pandery designs to get into a fantastic game underneath. Maybe I can get past Dragon's Crown's...

Oh brilliant
    "It’s both possible (and even necessary) to simultaneously enjoy a piece of media while also being critical of it’s more pernicious aspects."

But can we... not talk about this here? There's a thread for it that's doin' a find job of getting nothing accomplished. Let this thread, at least, be a place for hype.

Hey you guys brought it up in the general Vita thread! I ain't going into the actual Dragon's Crowd thread to junk it up with what must cover every single page :P

Oh brilliant
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    SO PERSONA IS REALLY GREAT HUH GUYS AND ALSO MURAMASA

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    I haven't tried Muramasa yet. I've watched a few vids.

Something about games that grade you on how quickly/stylishly you complete an encounter really turn me off.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    I don't know I still don't have either of those things!

Just started Ni No Kuni, so holding off on Persona til that's finished. No way am I even gonna attempt juggling JRPGs. :P

Also, this is unrelated; whatever happened to Tearaway? That still coming?

Oh brilliant
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Something about games that grade you on how quickly/stylishly you complete an encounter really turn me off.

The grades mean absolutely nothing outside of telling you how you did.

I don't know I still don't have either of those things!

Just started Ni No Kuni, so holding off on Persona til that's finished. No way am I even gonna attempt juggling JRPGs. :P

Also, this is unrelated; whatever happened to Tearaway? That still coming?

Pushed back to November 22nd for additional polish.

The gains from the combat grades are minor, relatively unimportant, and never tied to any important unlock. It's more just about "you did this!" There's a trophy for killing a boss without taking any damage, but you'll get that one anyway if you play the game on Fury mode (1 hit kills you - it's actually a lot of fun.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Outside of getting Muramasa on a Vita, the only other option I'd have to play the game on would be a Wii, right? And of course the Vita is the definitive version because HD plus portable.

That chuffs me. It's the kind of game I'd like to play, but I can't buy a Vita right now in good conscience (unemployed recently) and I feel like when I can justify one, it won't be a game I'll be interested in any more.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Chance wrote: »
    There's a thread for it that's doin' a find job of getting nothing accomplished.

Making people aware of the issue IS getting something accomplished. And there is an issue as much as several people around here desperately want to rolleye and handwave it away.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Maybe the issue isn't the game, maybe the issue is you.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Got my first Game Good in Near yesterday. A cart part for ModNation Racers.

Offer me up a goodie for a game I don't own to encourage me to buy it. Sony, you so devious.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    I'm finally working my way through Retro City Rampage and man, some of these levels are pretty tough. Almost to the point of being unfair, but then the game adjusts to you so you can just get through the mission.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I just started up Gravity Rush. Wow, that intro is straight out of an anime!

kyrcl.png
    edited August 2013
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I just started up Gravity Rush. Wow, that intro is straight out of an anime!

The whole thing is straight out of an anime, in an awesome kind of way. It's very much a Magical Girl Story, and ends up feeling like Act I of a huge epic with Kat at the center of a triforce of girlpower awesome.

@Magic Pink. I feel you've mistook me. Still, it's mildly off-topic so I'm gonna' spoiler this.
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    There's a thread for it that's doin' a find job of getting nothing accomplished.

Making people aware of the issue IS getting something accomplished. And there is an issue as much as several people around here desperately want to rolleye and handwave it away.

Some of the discussion in that thread has been very valuable, as I said, in that thread :
    Well... in the Polygon review's defense, at least it got us talking about this. Dialogue is always good! :^:

but at over 600 posts since the Polygon review, the ratio of constructive dialogue to people putting words in each other's mouths is disheartening. For example, I'm not interested in eye-rolling and handwaving this issue away, I try to understand it and communicate it - but the lack of empathy I see from both sides in that thread (it's become much, much better over the past few days, I should note) is distressing, and paints both perspectives as blind to any point of view but their own.

Chance on
  • GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    oh god I'm already on October in P4G and there are so many S-Links still low OMG HOW DO I MAX ALL OF THEM AAAAARGH

Like real life, making everyone equally happy is extremely difficult. Especially when you have Satans to fuse.

• nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    So after playing my Vita all day yesterday, I am really enjoying ACLib outside of the framerate.

Also the screen is gorgeous. Like....holy shit. I am actually considering picking up FFXHD on Vita instead of PS3 because of how good the screen looks.

I thought the Vita screen was really impressive

Then I tried DJ Max and saw music videos running behind the gameplay as you play it

And I was like HOLY SHIT WOW
    STOP THIS. Stop saying things like this right now. I already spent money to pre-order Dragon's Crown, and I was telling myself that DJ Max could wait... but with every post, you're breaking my already weak resolve to not buy it this very moment.

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    @nathanael

Even though I didn't know it existed at the time of purchase, DJMax is the reason I bought a Vita.

I am comfortable with the fact that I have nowhere near enough rhythm and coordination to play DJMax. It makes it an easy one to pass up.

Hell, I never get out of easy difficulty in Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

XdDBi4F.jpg
This discussion has been closed.