As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VALVE STEAM. STEAM OS. STEAM MACHINES. 48 HOURS REMAIN.

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited September 2013 in Social Entropy++
pDOxG8I.jpg

Congratulations to all of you who survived the Summer Sale. May your cards be shiny and your boosters plenty.

pdJ0YBx.jpg

Let's get Steamy.

Brolo on

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Supreme commander is great but it's hard to let go of my mentality that units are disposable and losing 15-20 tanks in an engagement is totally Ok.

Probably my fave pick if my sale buys so far

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Supreme commander is great but it's hard to let go of my mentality that units are disposable and losing 15-20 tanks in an engagement is totally Ok.

You only lost 15-20 tanks in an engagement? Hell son, you are probably the most brilliant commander the game has ever seen if that's all you've lost in an engagement.

Most losses are in the triple digits.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    That GabeN picture is so creepy.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Can't... stop... playing... Total War... must... destroy... the Scipii

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    That GabeN picture is so creepy.

Money is the greatest aphrodisiac.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    tube have you been keeping up with rome 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKSkBEJ_wrM

I can't wait to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AP7XCCUcug

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don't think I'll get Rome 2 for a while. It looks like they might have overcomplicated things a bit. Also I'm a bit Romed out.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well, it's like that song says. Rome if you want to.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    all praise lord gaben

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    pdJ0YBx.jpg

oh my

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I believe Fallout New Vegas is still on sale

I bought it

I am playing it on Hardcore mode

i am excited

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

You only lost 15-20 tanks in an engagement? Hell son, you are probably the most brilliant commander the game has ever seen if that's all you've lost in an engagement.

Most losses are in the triple digits.

I'm only half way through the 2nd mission of the UEF campaign so I tend to just roll over the enemy with a tidal wave of T1 tanks. The cybrans in the last mission just got straight up shot to buggery before they could do any real damage.

• Options
    You gotta build that ultimate cannon that can shoot across like 2/3rds of the map.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    are the forums repeatedly logging anyone else out?

• Options
    are the forums repeatedly logging anyone else out?

yeah

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    okay cool as long as it's not just me

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Still have a 66% off coupon for Awesomenauts if anyone would like it that expires in less that 10 hours from now. I also picked up a 75% off coupon for Krater that I can't play if anyone would like that as well.

My Steam file migration to my larger drive went well. Only complications was the first hard drive I got was DOA when I tried to install it and had to exchange for a working one and I had to un/reinstall my Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series games (oddly KOTOR worked fine).

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    so thank you a ton Rolo but the issue has persisted after a new psu

the speed fan ratings are the same for voltage so maybe the mother board is dead or the ram

guess I could just get a new mobo cpu and ram and hey look i accidentally build a new computer

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    INTERNATIONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL.

Now that I kind of understand DOTA I'm more than a bit psyched to watch the tournament! It helps that this week is going to be my week off between jobs.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    having once again achieved successful manned orbit in KSP I am now attempting to launch an unmanned probe into munar orbit

unfortunately this has proven repeatedly disastrous, forcing the cancellation of the Dongs-Hotel project and restarting using the highly successful Dongs-Alpha series of probes. (the Dongs-Delta and Dongs-Echo series represent troubled but ultimately functional manned spacecraft. Dongs-Bravo and Dongs-Charlie have been erased from all public record.)

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    As a guy who watches a decent amount of dota I'd recommend Beyond The Summit for commetators (They're LD in match)

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    KERBAL IS SO FUN YOU GUYS

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Steam keeps updating every time I boot it.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Steam?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So DCS guys put up a free plane on Steam.

I guess I might record or stream myself trying it out after some thorough reading.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    having once again achieved successful manned orbit in KSP I am now attempting to launch an unmanned probe into munar orbit

unfortunately this has proven repeatedly disastrous, forcing the cancellation of the Dongs-Hotel project and restarting using the highly successful Dongs-Alpha series of probes. (the Dongs-Delta and Dongs-Echo series represent troubled but ultimately functional manned spacecraft. Dongs-Bravo and Dongs-Charlie have been erased from all public record.)

I didn't know you were doing the whole NATO alphabet thing at first and thought you were building some sort of Dong Hotel in space and was pretty excited

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    You gotta build that ultimate cannon that can shoot across like 2/3rds of the map.

The issue with the Supreme Commander campaign is that this (and similar alternatives) is essentially the only viable strategy. It's really quite tedious.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »

I didn't know you were doing the whole NATO alphabet thing at first and thought you were building some sort of Dong Hotel in space and was pretty excited

that would be the short-lived Dongs-Gamma space station project

Dongs-Gamma-1 and -2 are craters in the antarctic

Dongs Gamma-3 is on an extended tour of solar orbit

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Steam keeps updating every time I boot it.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Steam?

Check under settings to see if you're still signed up for the Steam Client Beta... if so.. uncheck it. At least, that's what fixed it for me.

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Awww, did I miss the three posts this year about Rome: Total War? Because I have been playing way too much of it these past few months. I realize I'm probably in the minority, but of all the Total War games, it's by far my favorite - mostly because of its relative simplicity. Maybe I do want a game where I can completely break the economy in 20 turns.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    The @Fyndir I Space Probe is now in orbit around Kerbal

it's not a perfect circle, but I did have the foresight to equip it with a docking port for refueling

next step: sending little green man into orbit

and back down safely

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Aw man, I didn't read well enough. I wanted to grab the Hexen+Heretic pack when it was 75% off.

• Options
    I think my manned space ship is going to depend on a jet engine platform system

Stage
    Low altitude jets are employed, until reaching optimal altitude for turbo jet engines

Stage
    High altitude jets kick in, and when they reach max power the low altitude jets will be ejected

Stage
    When high altitude jets reach the optimal height I aim the craft straight up, eject the jet engines, and activate the solid rocket booster to help me clear the atmosphere

Stage
    Once atmosphere is broken, I will begin to assume orbit and eject solid fuel rockets when they are spent
    Liquid fuel is activated, and orbit will be achieved

Then after that I'm (hopefully) going to have a system worked out where I can re-enter atmosphere land land that sucker on the runway

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I will not lie to you Dubh, space places are more touchy than standard rockets.

They are also far more awesome and I heartily endorse it.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I'm stubborn when it comes to these things

noted about the touchiness

I'll have to do research on how to balance the handling

because my probe is a touch sensitive even with the RCS on

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    oh hello

my center of thrust should be behind my center of gravity and lift, not aligned with them

and it looks like I should try to compact my designs more

can do can do

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    The Fyndir I Space Probe is now in orbit around Kerbal

it's not a perfect circle, but I did have the foresight to equip it with a docking port for refueling

next step: sending little green man into orbit

and back down safely

Your designs named after me are doing better at this game than I ever have.

My shame is endless.

• Options
    all probes will be named after you, Fyndir

a memorial floating around every orbitable hunk of rock

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Not Steam-related, but this seems to be a sort of general PC game thread, but EverQuest Next looks and sounds pretty fucking amazing and I'm hyped and I signed up for the beta.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Darmak wrote: »
    Not Steam-related, but this seems to be a sort of general PC game thread, but EverQuest Next looks and sounds pretty fucking amazing and I'm hyped and I signed up for the beta.

Man

reading the OP there and a bit of the website is kind of off putting

because of how hard they are trying to sell it "Ohhhhh maaaan guys! We are being completely original and exciting. and we can't even tell you what we're like because the other guys are gonna steal all our shit!" and it is all stuff we've all heard so many times before

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    is there more information about it than what's in that OP? sounds like a peter molyneux pitch just from that.

e: ah there's links to post-embargo info at the top, missed that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.