As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

3v3v two? Batman original gangster battles.

Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then?Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
edited August 2013 in Social Entropy++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M

So the company that has made to solid Batman games in a row has fucked off and we are left with Batman Origins, which I was initially unexcited for as the studio has previously made, Lego legends of Chima, as the game has developed however I have consistently become more interested. The newest announcement is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYR9plVWNsY

Multiplayer. Personally I'm hoping that this will go in a ME3 direction and be insanely amazing. The idea is that this is two teams (team joker and team bane) of 3 FPS players who are playing a first to X kills, while Batman and Robin play against them with their own "intimidation meter" for them to win, which means different style takedowns are required to scare the shit out of the goons. On top of this there are the boss characters for the criminals to control and spawn points to capture to slow the other team down.

In terms of the single player game WB Montreal have promised a 'younger, angrier' batman (jokes on them, batman is always angry) and a bane that isn't roided to all hell. Additionally they've added a neat new detective minigame system not like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7yeQ2l93GA

Unlike before where you just show up and scan shit and detect stuff you reconstruct events and track down evidence to reconstruct the scene, if you nip over to 9:15 in this video, you'll see a swell example of the new detective mode, (minor spoilers obvs).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe88pKGHors

Additionally, a new bad guy has been revealed recently.

but lets be honest, we all just want play predator mode and take people out.

There is also probably a cool model for the limited edition.

discuss.

Here is all the jazz you get with the special edition.

http://comicsalliance.com/batman-arkham-origins-collectors-edition-details-images/
arkhamoriginscollectorseditionbig.jpg
And there is a new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJY9eHFdAU

Blake T on

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I thought Rocksteady was doing sequels, while this studio is doing prequels

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Well this studio is doing a prequel. We don't know if they'll end up doing others.

And Rocksteady is off doing some unannounced Batman related thing. It could be an Arkham sequel, but they haven't confirmed that.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I am always excited for a new batman game. You just have to copy the old games gameplay mechanic and write a new story.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    There were rumours that rocksteady were doing a prequel with superman and the flash, but now that this is coming, I doubt it.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Bats and Robin predator co-op?

Aw

yis

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When I first heard of multiplayer, I thought it was eh.

When it was explained, I turned into, oh hecksticksyes.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    As long as they don't fuck around with the combat system from the previous two games.

It's pretty much my favorite one out of any action/adventure game series.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Dammit I was going to hold off on this game but that m multiplayer sounds incredible.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    Rolo wrote: »
    As long as they don't fuck around with the combat system from the previous two games.

They have expanded it slightly. Now ninjas require you to counter their counter or something.

Blake T wrote: »

They have expanded it slightly. Now ninjas require you to counter their counter or something.

Yeah I watched some of the videos, it looks very much intact.

A couple of tweaks here and there will be fine.

I also discovered this:

ConroyArkhamTweet.jpg

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wha?

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    It does bother me that Conroy's not doing the voice. He is Batman's voice and I will put no others before him.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
    Seems to me that it'll be the next generation Batman game done by Rocksteady which I am OK WITH.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    no conroy/hamill no sale
    I will buy it later when it is cheap because I like the arkham games but not full price like them

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Roger Craig Smith is one of my favorite video game VA's so I'm totally happy with him playing Batman
    plus Ezio was basically Renaissance Batman anyway

Grey Ghost on
    the guy who voices the second in command of the skyrim rebels is the narrator of the multiplayer trailer right

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    the guy who voices the second in command of the skyrim rebels is the narrator of the multiplayer trailer right

I think it's the one who helps you out of the village

The second in command was Colonel Campbell, that one Protoss guy, etc.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That MP has a really neato concept, but goddamn is this art style ugly as all hell.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I think the people they chose as younger replacements sound perfect.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    That MP has a really neato concept, but goddamn is this art style ugly as all hell.

It's pretty much the art style from the first two games. Which is the standard post Batman-Begins gritty style... I don't really mind it.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I also discovered this:

ConroyArkhamTweet.jpg

Conroy was at a panel after Origins was announced and he mentioned that he could finally talk about the Batman game he was working on because they announced it. Everyone was pretty confused about this at the time considered it had already been confirmed that Batman was being voiced by Roger Craig Smith.

So basically Conroy accidentally slipped that he is working on a different Batman game.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Conroy also said he didn't want to do any more Batman video games after Arkham City because the recording process is so much more tedious than doing shows, but I suppose if you get enough money thrown at you it becomes worth your while.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    It does bother me that Conroy's not doing the voice. He is Batman's voice and I will put no others before him.

I think it'd be weird for Hamill to step out but have Conroy continue to be Batman.

Bring on the new blood, I say.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

no new blood, freeze hamill and conroy and thaw them out whenever we need voices for joker and batman

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Also, Conroy is just one of many actors who have voiced non-live action versions of Batman in recent years. DC has put out a bunch of animated Batman/Batman related films and Conroy was in very few of them, and I can't really complain about the folks that are filling in his shoes.

Goatmon on

edited August 2013
    they've used lots of people to voice batman in a lot of stuff sure

but none of them do as good a job as conroy does

but the voice acting is the only complaint I really have about the material shown so far and it is a nitpick anyway, the rest looks like it kept everything that made the previous arkham games fun

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Yeah well, none of them were lucky enough to get in on the ground floor of the DCAU either.

Conroy's been the leading guy for over 20 years. He's had a long and awesome run, and I'm perfectly okay with someone else getting to take the stage for a while.

Goatmon on

Also, Conroy is still Batman in another upcoming game, so it's not like we won't hear more of him on the XBox anytime soon.

Day one DLC - Alternate Batman Adam West voice.

Complete with Gray Ghost costume.

I only ever want the tAS suit.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    JLU batman suit is the best batman suit

If they're including a bunch of suit variations again in this, I'd really like the 1939 suit to make an appearance.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Conroy also said he didn't want to do any more Batman video games after Arkham City because the recording process is so much more tedious than doing shows, but I suppose if you get enough money thrown at you it becomes worth your while.
    I have lost track of how many times Hamill has said X is his last gig as Joker.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Mark Hamill ain't no dummy. He knows that being an insane clown who is unaffiliated with a posse of any kind gets you $texas. Actors bitch about roles but any serious actor also knows that phrase "at least it's work." Bill Shatner has been saying that shit since the birth of television and he seems to be doin alright.

I guess what I'm saying is that Mark may not like doing the Joker much (which is silly because it's probably super fun) but, conversely, he enjiys receiving cash money dolla billzzzzz.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I don't think Mark dislikes portraying the Joker.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I had always heard he likes doing it, but it's understandably very hard on your voice. Much as having no more Hamill joker voice would be a shame, not having Hamill around for any voice work would be much worse.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    it's the same reason Frank Welker doesnt use his original Megatron voice anymore, hurts too much. he hasnt stopped playing the character but he does a variation of the voice.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Day one DLC - Alternate Batman Adam West voice.

And Diedrich Bader voice.

BLM - ACAB