As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat][WITTINESS GOES HERE]

1202123252651

Posts

  • JohannenJohannen Registered User
    edited August 2007
    I have found out the greatest news ever... Spiderman Suit in Three Years

    Johannen on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Sex

    Drugs
    Alcohol.

    Gorilla Salad on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Sex

    Drugs
    Alcohol.

    rock and roll. alcohol is a drug.

    that's why the phrase is perfect.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Personally, I like D&D because I find OCD much more interesting than ADD.

    That is SOOO sigged :D

    By the way, Nerissa... thanks for sigging that. I love it every time I see it and actually just spent a few minutes reading the thread it's from for context. <3

    LaOs on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Aemilius wrote: »
    You're all shit.

    See, I want to make a gay joke here, but it just seems so crude.

    Stop tempting me, Eddy.
    ...

    And you're tempting me to call you a dumbass.
    You're supposed to strip out my quote or it looks like you're calling me a dumbass...and I know you wouldn't want to do that, right? :(

    And Aemilius, no, I wasn't thinking that because it's a stretch and is stupid. I'm not much for scatological humor.

    Dynagrip on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Awwww...

    This afternoon the munchkin came running up to me, gave me a big hug, then held her face up for a kiss. And after I kissed her, she grinned and said "Thank you"

    Nerissa on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Aemilius wrote: »
    You're all shit.

    See, I want to make a gay joke here, but it just seems so crude.

    Stop tempting me, Eddy.
    ...

    And you're tempting me to call you a dumbass.

    All the cool kids are doing it

    nexuscrawler on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Awwww...

    This afternoon the munchkin came running up to me, gave me a big hug, then held her face up for a kiss. And after I kissed her, she grinned and said "Thank you"

    Polite!

    LaOs on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Sex

    Drugs
    Alcohol.

    rock and roll. alcohol is a drug.

    that's why the phrase is perfect.

    Alcohol is a drug?

    _J_ on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Sex

    Drugs
    Alcohol.

    rock and roll. alcohol is a drug.

    that's why the phrase is perfect.

    Alcohol is a drug?

    Yes a very powerful drug actually

    nexuscrawler on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Why is eddy so pissy today?

    Gorilla Salad on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Awwww...

    This afternoon the munchkin came running up to me, gave me a big hug, then held her face up for a kiss. And after I kissed her, she grinned and said "Thank you"

    Polite!

    Adorable.

    yalborap on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    She's very polite, although sometimes a bit hard to understand. I firmly believe that manners need to be taught by example, so from before she was old enough for it to matter, I used "please" and "thank you" with her. She picked them up with almost no coaching from us. We still need to remind her occasionally, but she's already much better about it than the average 4-year-old.

    Nerissa on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Sex

    Drugs
    Alcohol.

    rock and roll. alcohol is a drug.

    that's why the phrase is perfect.

    Alcohol is a drug?

    Yes a very powerful drug actually

    So...wait.

    If a health site lists "drug and alcohol services" they're just being redundant?

    _J_ on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Awwww...

    This afternoon the munchkin came running up to me, gave me a big hug, then held her face up for a kiss. And after I kissed her, she grinned and said "Thank you"

    Polite!

    Adorable.

    That too.

    LaOs on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Sex

    Drugs
    Alcohol.

    rock and roll. alcohol is a drug.

    that's why the phrase is perfect.

    Alcohol is a drug?

    Yes a very powerful drug actually

    So...wait.

    If a health site lists "drug and alcohol services" they're just being redundant?

    Yes it's part of the bullshit social stanard that says because alcohol is legal it's not a very dangerous drug.

    nexuscrawler on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    She's very polite, although sometimes a bit hard to understand. I firmly believe that manners need to be taught by example, so from before she was old enough for it to matter, I used "please" and "thank you" with her. She picked them up with almost no coaching from us. We still need to remind her occasionally, but she's already much better about it than the average 4-year-old.

    That's good. So good. I'm glad you're parenting so well! (Some of the things my friends or friends-of-friends do/say around their kids... ugh!)

    LaOs on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    She's very polite, although sometimes a bit hard to understand. I firmly believe that manners need to be taught by example, so from before she was old enough for it to matter, I used "please" and "thank you" with her. She picked them up with almost no coaching from us. We still need to remind her occasionally, but she's already much better about it than the average 4-year-old.

    Teaching a child social niceties is so underrated.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ah, 20 minutes until I can leave work. Well, I could leave now, but I'd feel bad about it.

    One Thousand Cables on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    of course, the average 4-year-old is probably more understandable when they say things :) When she says them, they come out "peee" and "aht-do" but she uses them appropriately so I know what she means. :D

    Nerissa on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    of course, the average 4-year-old is probably more understandable when they say things :) When she says them, they come out "peee" and "aht-do" but she uses them appropriately so I know what she means. :D

    you can't let that go unpunished. if you don't respond to that with corporal punishment, she'll get lazy.

    goddamn I'm gonna be such a good father.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For a long time it was hard to understand my kid sister unless you spent alot of time with her, and one day she woke up and pronounced all her words perfectly.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ah, 20 minutes until I can leave work. Well, I could leave now, but I'd feel bad about it.
    If you feel bad about leaving work early, you've got problems only Einstein can solve.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hello chat. What's the worst that can happen after spilling water on a keyboard and not immediately turning off the computer?

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    For a long time it was hard to understand my kid sister unless you spent alot of time with her, and one day she woke up and pronounced all her words perfectly.

    Heh, my mom taught her to say "I love you" and it comes out something like "alublu" which is even funnier because she exaggerates her L's like crazy, with her whole tongue sticking out.

    Nerissa on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Desktop or laptop?

    In the former, the worst that could happen is you need a new keyboard.

    In the latter, the worst that could happen is you get a new, $3000 paperweight.

    Senjutsu on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Hello chat. What's the worst that can happen after spilling water on a keyboard and not immediately turning off the computer?
    If it's some type of soda, your keyboard will get sticky and people will look at you funny if they use it.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    So...wait.

    If a health site lists "drug and alcohol services" they're just being redundant?

    Yes it's part of the bullshit social stanard that says because alcohol is legal it's not a very dangerous drug.

    Well that's just plain irritating.

    _J_ on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    For a long time it was hard to understand my kid sister unless you spent alot of time with her, and one day she woke up and pronounced all her words perfectly.

    Heh, my mom taught her to say "I love you" and it comes out something like "alublu" which is even funnier because she exaggerates her L's like crazy, with her whole tongue sticking out.

    Too much cute!

    yalborap on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Hello chat. What's the worst that can happen after spilling water on a keyboard and not immediately turning off the computer?
    If it's some type of soda, your keyboard will get sticky and people will look at you funny if they use it.

    oh man... the Arizona tea with the ginsing and honey... it's got to be the worst for that

    <.<
    >.>

    no... that's not from personal experience or anything... really...

    Nerissa on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Desktop or laptop?

    In the former, the worst that could happen is you need a new keyboard.

    Ah, that's good. Well, that sucks, but it's better than what others have told me.

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Desktop or laptop?

    In the former, the worst that could happen is you need a new keyboard.

    Ah, that's good. Well, that sucks, but it's better than what others have told me.

    So it was a desktop keyboard?

    _J_ on
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Hello chat. What's the worst that can happen after spilling water on a keyboard and not immediately turning off the computer?

    I saw an episode of Voltron* where a wrench falls on a computer keyboard, and not only does the computer catch on fire and explode, but it took the entire building out with it. So, you could be pretty screwed.




    *May have been some other old cartoon.

    mrflippy on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    did someone tell you that getting water in your keyboard could damage the whole system? that's odd.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    did someone tell you that getting water in your keyboard could damage the whole system? that's odd.

    Maybe if the keyboard was sitting on top of an expose motherboard for some reason...

    _J_ on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Why is eddy so pissy today?

    It's just...

    I like wheel of time a lot.

    And c'mon, that was not a good oppurtunity for a joke.

    Casual Eddy on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Why is eddy so pissy today?

    It's just...

    I like wheel of time a lot.

    And c'mon, that was not a good oppurtunity for a joke.

    I don't think it's shit.

    I just don't delude myself into thinking it's great. It had a lot of potential, and some books were awesome, but as a whole it's fallen short.

    LaOs on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Desktop or laptop?

    In the former, the worst that could happen is you need a new keyboard.

    Ah, that's good. Well, that sucks, but it's better than what others have told me.

    So it was a desktop keyboard?

    Yes. When it comes to computers and balancing things I really suck. I placed a very tall glass of water on top of a stack of paper, which then tipped over and spilled onto my keyboard and lap. Most of it hit my lap thankfully, but I know jack-shit about electronics so I just started attacking the keyboard with paper towel, then turned off my computer about 5 minutes later. Then I blow-dried it. I do not know if this was the proper thing to do.

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    Why is eddy so pissy today?

    It's just...

    I like wheel of time a lot.

    And c'mon, that was not a good oppurtunity for a joke.

    I don't think it's shit.

    I just don't delude myself into thinking it's great. It had a lot of potential, and some books were awesome, but as a whole it's fallen short.
    Huh, and I thought people complained about it being too long.

    mrflippy on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Edgewood wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Desktop or laptop?

    In the former, the worst that could happen is you need a new keyboard.

    Ah, that's good. Well, that sucks, but it's better than what others have told me.

    So it was a desktop keyboard?

    Yes. When it comes to computers and balancing things I really suck. I placed a very tall glass of water on top of a stack of paper, which then tipped over and spilled onto my keyboard and lap. Most of it hit my lap thankfully, but I know jack-shit about electronics so I just started attacking the keyboard with paper towel, then turned off my computer about 5 minutes later. Then I blow-dried it. I do not know if this was the proper thing to do.

    Ah.

    Worst case is that you need a new keyboard.

    _J_ on
This discussion has been closed.