As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS Vita] - Ys sir, can I Ys have some more?

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Crap... that does kinda' look awesome :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ93_RmNbvU

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Going on a trip for the next week, so I finally picked up a Vita. Now to download all my PS+ stuff to my fancy new card.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Crap... that does kinda' look awesome :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ93_RmNbvU

I hate all of you. I just bought it.

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Wonder what kind of stylus he's using

I'm just using my fingers

Especially because on harder difficulties you'll have to hit two vertical beats at the same time

• Options
    While I sit and wait for it to download, have any of you had your Vita hard-lock during the "Preparing to Download" portion of the purchasing process? Like, you can't cancel out of it, and when you try to do anything, a little "do not enter" sign pops up? I have it happen ~30% of the time I start a download, but usually restarting the Vita fixes it.

Weird, right?

• Options
    nathanael wrote: »
    While I sit and wait for it to download, have any of you had your Vita hard-lock during the "Preparing to Download" portion of the purchasing process? Like, you can't cancel out of it, and when you try to do anything, a little "do not enter" sign pops up? I have it happen ~30% of the time I start a download, but usually restarting the Vita fixes it.

Weird, right?

It was a good 75% of the time, for a while. Don't think it's happened in my last couple DLs, though - have to do a hold-the-power-button reset, go back in, download it again and then it would start up.

Annoying as all get-out.

• Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    I have a very useful immunity to DJ Max, and it's called absolutely hating K-Pop.

The immunity does not work on J-Pop and vocaloids though... ><

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    weeskweeweeskwee Registered User regular
    I'm not really down with J-Pop or K-Pop, but if they ever make DJ Max: Skrillex Edition i think i'll jump in front of a semi. :p

Nintendo Network ID: weeskwee
    XBL Gamertag: weeskwee
    PSN: weeskwee
  • Options
    Does Mogs know about this? Mogs needs to know about this.

• Options
    I've owned a Vita since day 1. I JUST learned about what DJ Max is a couple weeks ago, and now I own it.

The PA Vita Thread: Wherein many of us discover things very late, and then others of us all go out and buy them.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I do know about it. God help me, I wish I didn't, because Kara means I'm going to buy it eventually even though I'm awful at Rhythm games. I'm waiting patiently for a sale, myself.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jesus christ this screen is amazing. The color reproduction is better than my fancy-ass Planar 2611W (which is, granted, a few years old at this point). Still, wow.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You all will be very happy with DJMax. It's a blast.

PS: Project Diva is still awesome. I'll probably import the 2nd one as well when it comes out. :P

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    You all will be very happy with DJMax. It's a blast.

PS: Project Diva is still awesome. I'll probably import the 2nd one as well when it comes out. :P

I paid 500 yen for a code to make the DL version and the big DLC packs cheaper...but I never used them. Now I probably won't have to.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    nathanael wrote: »

Weird, right?

Happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. on my Vita. I prefer digital downloads but it's gotten to the point that I stopped downloading my free PS+ stuff and just 'buying' on the SEN web store. It takes me 2-3 tries to get anything actually downloading.

• Options
    malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    There is a way to fix the hard lock issue. Involves booting your vita up in safe mode and rebuilding database. When I get back from my dentist appointment I'll look it up

"Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I used to watch a ton of anime when I was younger, and I still love some Jpop, but that game looks terrible and boring to me. I do not understand the appeal.

• Options
    malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735/~/ps-vita-safe-mode that link shows you how to boot up in safe mood, then just select the rebuild database option(took several minutes for me) and then start up normally and you should be good to go.

*edit* You will have to remake all of your folders and redo your background images, so there is that unfortunately

malkoth on
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    malkoth wrote: »
    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735/~/ps-vita-safe-mode that link shows you how to boot up in safe mood, then just select the rebuild database option(took several minutes for me) and then start up normally and you should be good to go.

*edit* You will have to remake all of your folders and redo your background images, so there is that unfortunately

I've done that before but not since this issue became worse. I guess I will do it every few months to keep things working. I hope they fix it though! Thanks @malkoth .

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Rumors are circulating that a 64gb memory card and price drop on all smaller cards are coming soon....

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I imagine that the price of a 64gb card would make my head explode.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I bet it fills the 99.99 slot and everything scales down from there.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I bet it's the price of a Vita.

• Options
    I would instantly purchase a 64g card.

My ideal Vita would have infinite gigs.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    If that's true, I'll be on board for a 32GB.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I imagine that the price of a 64gb card would make my head explode.

Buy our new 64gb card and get a Playstation Vita as a bonus for free!

• Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    I need to delete a game to make space for another game I want to download tomorrow. If i want to play the original game again, will I have to repurchase?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    PacMan1979 wrote: »
    I need to delete a game to make space for another game I want to download tomorrow. If i want to play the original game again, will I have to repurchase?

Course not! :P

Find it again in the store and it'll say Download rather than Purchase, all your purchased items have a little red icon next to em too. Or go to your Download List, everything you've ever purchased will be in there. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    Good to know. Thanks!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    But woah hey if you delete that game, you'll delete the save file too. Back up the save file first!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    OH YEAH that's important! :P

Hook it up to yer PC with Content Manager Assistant, back up the Application. Saves you redownloading it too - much faster to put it back across via CMA.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    OH YEAH that's important! :P

Hook it up to yer PC with Content Manager Assistant, back up the Application. Saves you redownloading it too - much faster to put it back across via CMA.

I didn't know CMA would back up games. Good to know!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Hey guys

Divekick, that game you should all be getting?

PlayStation Plus users get it for $7.99 and that shit be cross-buy, yo

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Considering I have two 32gb cards.... I think I'll wait for the 128gb card before upgrading.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    EDIT: Would you look at that? Wrong thread!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Huh. According to Yoshida's Twitter, Vita Firmware 2.60 is out and one of the main features(?) is that every LiveArea screen now has a PS Plus icon so you can fiddle with your cloud saves right there instead of going into the Content Manager. Pretty neat.

Just checked, it's out for sure.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Is there a firmware update to organize your PSN download list yet? Because I'd like one of that.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Rumor is that tomorrow, XSEED will announce that they're localizing the Vita and 3DS Senran Kagura games. If you don't know what those are, do a youtube search in an incognito window when you're not in mixed company.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Is there a firmware update to organize your PSN download list yet? Because I'd like one of that.

My heart holds hope that the PS4 store mega-update will include such a thing. I'd be a deletin' and re-downloadin' fool if they made that change.

• Options
    AA on bubbles.
    Cloud Saves on Live Area.
    Holding the PS button now has quick options for Airplane/WiFi/Bluetooth settings.
    Web Browser Upgrade (yet another one). Still the highest rated console browser, just even better.
    Trophies now have Privacy settings.
    Improved Screenshots.
    Now supports DNLA and you can stream music and video files from your connected PS3 or PC.

This discussion has been closed.