As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pikmin 3: No one man should have all that flower.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    Yeah if you buy Pikmin you'll get 5.99 back, which you can redeem the next day as a code (every $5 you can redeem) and buy something else. I was thinking they were still doing the "add $50 to your account get $5" thing as well but that just ended on July 28th. So I guess you can't quite game the system that way. However if you buy Pikmin 3 on the eShop you get 30% off The Wonderful 101, so there's that extra deal at least.

Has this been confirmed for anywhere outside Europe?

No, just Europe.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Nintendo.com is Pikmin crazy at the moment.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    This is my first Pikmin game and I am absolutely loving it. The presentation is superb. I find myself fumbling with the controls a bit though, is it better with Wiimote + Nunchuk?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    This is my first Pikmin game and I am absolutely loving it. The presentation is superb. I find myself fumbling with the controls a bit though, is it better with Wiimote + Nunchuk?

I think they are easier with wiimote, but I still enjoy gamepad too.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
      edited August 2013
      Yeah if you buy Pikmin you'll get 5.99 back, which you can redeem the next day as a code (every $5 you can redeem) and buy something else. I was thinking they were still doing the "add $50 to your account get $5" thing as well but that just ended on July 28th. So I guess you can't quite game the system that way. However if you buy Pikmin 3 on the eShop you get 30% off The Wonderful 101, so there's that extra deal at least.

Has this been confirmed for anywhere outside Europe?

Only Europe and I think Australia at this point. Which is weird right?
      Looks like NewEgg made the decision for me. My order was voided today, most likely due to the credit card having expired since I pre-ordered the game over 10 months ago.

That sucks. Amazon usually notifies you and lets you update your payment information.

Mblackwell on
      Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
      AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
      This evening's haul ...

zlCfzRE4ZW4xWKJnlm

Even though that was the first boss fight, it felt like a doozy. I think mostly because I was wrestling with the controls and the camera. A lot of my Pikmin seemed to lose focus during battle too, kept having to use the whistle to round them up. What's that about?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Options
      XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
      Thats part of the combat mechanic. The enemies will shake off the pikmin on them and they will get dazed or they will charge through your pack and scatter them. That gives you a second if you are quick to round them up and get them out of harms way before the enemies use their lethal attack

• Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Dammit, game froze on me in the middle of a boss fight :(

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
      Going through the last area now. Initially very stressful, but I have a decent strategy now.

The boss leading to the last area was crazy. It had a particularly horror-inducing attack.

• Options
      How do you go to first person view?

• Options
        MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
        This game is so ridiculously charming. I get so excited when I find fruits.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
      • Options
        It's automatically applied. Go here and log in with your NNID. Any games or DLC you purchased get applied back as a 10% credit to your account. This includes games bought with promotional credits. So if you had a $5 eShop credit from the promo and used it to buy a game you still get the full purchase price back in points again. Note that it may take up to 24 hours for purchases to appear on that website. Also it looks like the promotion ends in 2015.

Great, it says I don't live in the right counrtry to get the promotion. What the fuck Nintendo.

• Options
        urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
        TimFiji wrote: »

Camera button on the gamepad. Near the bottom right.

• Options
        Magic Pink wrote: »
        It's automatically applied. Go here and log in with your NNID. Any games or DLC you purchased get applied back as a 10% credit to your account. This includes games bought with promotional credits. So if you had a $5 eShop credit from the promo and used it to buy a game you still get the full purchase price back in points again. Note that it may take up to 24 hours for purchases to appear on that website. Also it looks like the promotion ends in 2015.

Great, it says I don't live in the right counrtry to get the promotion. What the fuck Nintendo.

Are you in Euroland?
        https://p.nintendo.net/premium/

• Options

Are you in Euroland?

No, US.

• Options
        Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
        Soooo, I didn't have time to pick my game up yesterday. I'm a sad panda. :(

But during lunch I'm running over and grabbing it! :D

Then I get to stare at it until I get home tonight. :(

This day is a bittersweet day of emotions.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!
      • Options
        cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
        Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with the first boss.

Also: on the day Alph and Brittany get separated and you have to build bridges to reconnect, is that a situation where you have to get it done in a single day or you're fucked? I restarted four times to accomplish that.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
      • Options
        urahonky wrote: »

Thank ya!

Also, what happens when you replay previous days? Do you restart your story mode from there or is just like replaying a level to do better?

• Options

Thank ya!

Also, what happens when you replay previous days? Do you restart your story mode from there or is just like replaying a level to do better?

It's pretty much just replaying the level (the story scenes you saw are still there, but are thankfully skippable). You start with the same Pikmin you did at the start of the day the first time, so it's great in case you botch a boss or such.

• Options
          maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
          Looks like NewEgg made the decision for me. My order was voided today, most likely due to the credit card having expired since I pre-ordered the game over 10 months ago.

That sucks. Amazon usually notifies you and lets you update your payment information.

I asked NewEgg like 6 months ago if they did the same thing and they said they did, but it just failed when it went to process.

FU7kFbw.png
          Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
        • Options
          cloudeagle wrote: »

Also: on the day Alph and Brittany get separated and you have to build bridges to reconnect, is that a situation where you have to get it done in a single day or you're fucked? I restarted four times to accomplish that.

Took me two days.

• Options
          pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
          cloudeagle wrote: »

Took me two days.

I did it in three, but only because the 2nd day was spent getting all of the fruit into position for the third day... That third day was amazing. So much juice.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
          Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
          G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
        • Options
          So your stuff stays there the next day?

• Options
          Oh goddammit, I should have known. On my fifth attempt I pretty much had to sprint flat-out to do all the things you need to do with certain Pikmin on the originating side, swap Pikmin, and pick up pieces from all four piles. Still, I did it in one day! The next day was leisurely fruit harvesting.

• Options

I asked NewEgg like 6 months ago if they did the same thing and they said they did, but it just failed when it went to process.

They've done that to me repeatedly but the card was still active. Newegg is terrible and their customer service is absolute shit.

• Options
          edited August 2013

It does. Boss damage carries over as well. Boss corpses too! Sure, I could rush around trying to get a perfect day, but why bother when this game is so charming and I have plenty of juice?

pirateluigi on
        • Options

It does. Boss damage carries over as well. Boss corpses too! Sure, I could rush around trying to get a perfect day, but why bother when this game is so charming and I have plenty of juice?

Ohh boss corpse stay too. That's nice to know.

• Options

Are you in Euroland?

No, US.

Then uh... it should work fine? Might want to contact customer service I guess. They're usually pretty helpful.

• Options
            God damn this sandworm boss can go to hell.

Pikmin down! Pikmin down!

Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • Options
            Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
            I just rushed in here to say: I GOT IT!

Now comes the long wait till work finishes. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
            Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
            PSN - Brainiac_8
            Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
            Add me!
          • Options

Phew, finally beat it. Took longer than I'd have liked and I lost way too many Pikmin but that son of a bitch is dead.

Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • Options
            MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Are you in Euroland?

No, US.

try ddp.thelink i just did it yesterday with the link off the wiiu box and it worked. im in the us too

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
          • Options

Phew, finally beat it. Took longer than I'd have liked and I lost way too many Pikmin but that son of a bitch is dead.

I'm trying my best not to lose any pikmin to bosses, but damn, sometimes it's hard. I cry each time one goes... Pikmin don't have graves you know.

Compare to Pikmin 2 and my squadron of Kamikaze white Pikmin.

• Options

I'm trying my best not to lose any pikmin to bosses, but damn, sometimes it's hard. I cry each time one goes... Pikmin don't have graves you know.

Compare to Pikmin 2 and my squadron of Kamikaze white Pikmin.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere skilled enough to to even attempt a perfect no loss boss run.

Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • Options
            KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular

Did you use bombs? They were handy when the sarlac pits formed, but if a bomb carrier got hit by a sand ball it seemed to cause the bomb to go off.

I mostly got through by getting all my guys to 'Charge!' up the hill and hope I could force it out of the ground.

• Options
            WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
            Pikmin are kind of terrifying

Like little army ants that are way harder to kill than they should be

Depending on the breed they can't be crushed, shocked, burned, or drowned

dN0T6ur.png
          • Options
            Kriegaffe wrote: »

Did you use bombs? They were handy when the sarlac pits formed, but if a bomb carrier got hit by a sand ball it seemed to cause the bomb to go off.

I mostly got through by getting all my guys to 'Charge!' up the hill and hope I could force it out of the ground.

O_o

Are you kidding me??? That would've totally come in handy and saved me at least one or two days.

Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • Options
            WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
            So guys I haven't tried this with the Wiimote yet but I have this sneaking suspicion it would be really great to have my aim independent from my movement

How well does it work?

dN0T6ur.png
          • Options
            Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
            How do you lock on with the gamepad?

• Options
            Ov3rcharge wrote: »
            How do you lock on with the gamepad?

The ZL button.

Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA