As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] We are the champions, my friends..... (of silver WvW league)

GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
edited December 2013 in MMO Extravaganza
PAthread.jpg

Welcome to the Penny Arcade Guild Wars 2 Community Thread!

If you’re new to GW2, check out the official Guild Wars 2 site for more information on the game. Every two weeks the game has an update through the “Living World” events.

Current Living Story: December 10, 2013 - A Very Merry Wintersday
04fbd12-10_AVMW_CurrentHero_NA.jpg

For returning or new players, the GW2 Wiki has a summary for all that’s gone on so far in regards to the living story.

What A Nice Guild [NICE]
gw2-nice.png

The Penny Arcade Community guild in Guild Wars 2 is called What A Nice Guild [NICE]. We play on the Fort Aspenwood server, although guilds are cross-server and we have members who play on other servers. It is easiest to participate in guild activities if FA is your home server, but you can join in most activities via guesting (with the exception of World vs World pvp). To permanently switch servers, you have to pay for a transfer or delete all your characters. Fort Aspenwood is a North American server, but we have plenty of people from other regions including Australia and Europe playing with us on FA, so don’t let that dissuade you if you’re located in another region.

Commanders:
@Geod (Geod.5024, Geod)
@Ky13 (kyonethree.9814, Teldra)

Officers:
@Draygo (Draygo.9473, Delarme)
@Enig (Ansatz.6498)
@Lagnar (Lagnar.9281, Lagnar)
@Kylindra (Kylindra.1794, Sage Persephone)
@mojojoeo (MojoGroove.8253, Mojojoeo)
@Mordroth (Machinazer.3628, Mordroth)
@naengwen (Sharkey.9805, Sharkey)
@Psyfer (Psyfer.1026, Psyfer)
@The Deranged Hermit (Tavalisk.9463, Tavalisk Eristoff)
@TolerantZero (TolerantZero.4305)
@Vivixenne (Vivixenne.3465, Vivixenne)

To join the guild:
You can ask for an invite by posting your account name (<name>.####) in this thread, and one of the officers will invite you. Alternately, you’re welcome to whisper in game one of the leaders or officers above. Anyone from the PA community may join the guild, along with any friends and family. Being active on the forums is encouraged but not required. Guild policies are loosely based on the PA forum rules – don’t be a dick. If you have any issues with anyone, please contact a guild officer.

Guilds are limited to 500 members, so occasionally we have to cull inactive members. If you find yourself removed, just ask for an invite again.

Teamspeak 3 Server

The guild has a Teamspeak 3 server, thanks to Draygo. Download TS at http://www.teamspeak.com. Even if you don’t have a mic, just listening will help greatly for coordination.
Server IP: 66.135.59.185:9999
Password: pa
Admins: Draygo, Enig, Geod, Sage Persephone, Vivixenne

The below spoiler contains the Penny Arcade Guild Wars 2 Teamspeak FAQ, written by Draygo for everyone's convenience. Please refer to it for any queries regarding the GW2 PA TS3 setup. Server seats 100+ people and everything you want to know about it can be found below or by asking Draygo, as he put it together and has been hosting these servers for years.
totallyawesomets2.png
Q) Where do I get it:

Download teamspeak here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
You can get teamspeak for windows, mac, and linux. As well as your Ithing and your android, if you so prefer.

Q) Cool, I installed it, now what?

Now you must connect to our totally awesome server. In order to do that you must first run teamspeak. Then hit Connections at the top. Select Connect.

connections.png

Now you must enter the server details:

Server Address: 66.135.59.185:9999
Nickname: Your forum or In Game Name
Password: pa

server.png

Q) What does the banner in the top right do?

PAthread.jpg

The community thread banner when clicked on will open the most recent guild wars 2 thread on penny arcade.

Q) How do I add a class or race icon next to my name?

You do this by right clicking yourself, put your mouse over server group, then left click any of the categories named with the race or class you want to choose. You can uncheck them at any time to remove the icon.

Q) So is there a skin/theme for this?

totallyawesomets2.png

Yes and you can download it from our lobby. Right click the lobby, and select open file browser. You will see the installer file at the top. Download and run that file to skin your client.

filebrowser.png

In order to activate the theme/skin you need to go to settings->options, and click design on the left.

theme.png

Then select Theme and change it to PA Guild Wars 2.

Q) Who made the theme?

Draygo did.

Q) How do I change my name?

Right click yourself and select change nickname. You can do this at any time. Do not change your name to impersonate an admin.

Q) What rules can I expect?

Don't be a dick. No personal attacks except 'silly goose', forum rules apply. If it is not appropriate on the forums, it is also not appropriate in teamspeak.

Q) Someone is breaking the rules, or is being disruptive, but no server admins are online. How do I complain.

First, I hope you can all be nice and resolve disputes by yourselves. If someone is being a dick, you can fill out a complaint. Right click someone and click make a complaint. Do not abuse this feature. If 5 people complain about one person in a short amount time, that person will be temp banned from the server. Do not abuse this. Admins will see the complaints that lead to the temp banning and will be unhappy to fix it.

Q) Can I make my own channels?

Yes!
Teamspeak is setup that you can make your own channels in any of the major channels (Except Admin HQ, Lobby, and Afk, for obvious reasons) First enter the channel you want to make the sub-channel in. Right click the parent channel and select, create sub channel. You can enter a name, even a password, as well as set any description you want. After you create the channel, make sure the Audio Codec selected is high enough audio quality.

Right click the channel you created and click edit channel. Click the audio tab and increase the Quality slider. Also decrease the latency slider to reduce lag time. Quality 7, latency 1 are the recommended settings.
These channels are temp only, when the last person leaves them they are automatically cleaned up.

channel.png

channel2.png

The person who created the channel is the op of the channel and can kick people from the channel (not server). So if you created your own channel and want to remove someone, you can password protect it and remove the troublesome individual.

Q) Is there an overlay plugin?

Yes. There is a built in overlay plugin. To enable it, select settings then plugins. Check the teamspeak overlay plugin and then click settings on the bottom to configure it. Here you can configure any color of each of the elements, as well as transparency settings. I recommend you change the input settings to enable mouse polling, and change the initialization mode to minimal. Minimal mode only displays the one person who is talking, the other mode displays everyone in your channel even those that are talking.

Q) Does teamspeak work with my G15 keyboard.

Yes. There is a plugin for that. Pretty easy to configure again settings->plugins, and enable the G15 keyboard.

Q) I’m seeing graphical glitches when I use the overlay. How do I fix that?

Here's how to get the overlay working without graphical glitches:

1. Go to Settings->Plugins in TS3.
2. Select GW2.exe in the Profile dropdown.
3. Uncheck all the Direct3D options, except for Direct3D 9 (which is what GW2 uses).
4. Switch to Input tab
5. Check "Enable Mouse Poll" and "Use in-game" cursor
6. Switch to extended, and check "Used ID3DDevice:Present hook..." (This is what fixes the animations not showing in GW2)

Guild Schedule

The guild runs various activities together on a regular basis. A schedule and calendar can be seen below, and is also in the Guild Message of the Day (MOTD). All times are Pacific.

Guild Missions: Saturday 7pm PST; Sunday Noon PST
World versus World pvp (WvW): Monday nights, 5:30pm PST - Friday nights, 4:45pm PST
Guild Lottery: Drawing every Saturday at 7pm PST right before missions

schedulenew3.png

Guild Missions
Guild Wars 2 has activities designed for large groups called Guild Missions. These missions include Bounty, Puzzle, Challenge, and Rush. Rewards for participation include commendations, rares, gold and chances at a precursor or other exotic items. Each night that we run guild missions, we’ll make one attempt at each mission type, although we don’t always win. You can earn personal credit (rewards) for participation once a week, so you only need to show up for one of the scheduled runs each week for maximum rewards. Credit resets every week on Saturday at daily reset time, so the Saturday night run is the most popular. Here’s a guide for missions written by Vivixenne.

World vs World PvP
Our WvW excursions are planned and lead by Mojojoeo. Matchups reset weekly on Friday a little after 6pm PST, so that night’s activities feature large crowds and huge battles. Tuesday night events are more casual and smaller scale. Yougottawanna has written a guide to WvW that is a good read.

Guild Lottery
Each week we have a 50/50 guild lottery, with half of the gold going to the winner, and the other half going to fund guild activities such as contests and the custom sPvP arena. All lottery entries are recorded in a Google Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj7W7InOt5dOdGRGd0ctS1V3dXBfdk5BMTdLclE5cGc

The drawing occurs every week in the forum thread, Saturday at 7pm PST, right before guild missions start. Lottery tickets are 1 gold each, and each guild member may buy a maximum of 5 tickets per week. Officers are not eligible to participate. To buy tickets, deposit the gold into the Guild Bank, specifically the Guild Stash (the top section). The bank logs will be used to record your ticket purchase and your entries will be reflected in the spreadsheet. Winners will not be eligible for the following lottery, but may enter after again.

Guild Competion Events
Occasionally, the guild will also host a guild competition for prizes. These events are scheduled by officers at various times, and have included jumping puzzle races, or scavenger hunts. The guild lottery funds these prizes.

[NICE] Guild Resources

Guild Tumblr Blog
We use this thread for most of our coordination, but we also have a Tumblr site that Vivixenne created to post guild information, builds, and other guides. http://gw2nice.tumblr.com/

Guild Bank
Vivixenne manages the guild bank, and has the following rules for using it. If you have used, intend to use, or think you may be interested in using it, please read this section by Vivixenne all the way through.
- WHY THE GUILD BANK EXISTS -

It is basically a guild storage for hard-to-find, useful items that people have generously donated to the Guild Bank instead of selling them. It is not a place for you to stick stuff (food) you’ve made but don’t want and can’t sell.

I cull stuff that is not meant to be there, keep the Bank tidy, and keep track of how often people withdraw as opposed to how often (and what) they deposit.

I don’t keep lists or databases. But if I check the log and see that you’ve withdrawn a lot of items and have not deposited anything within a few days after that, you may receive a message from me just as a friendly note that I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU.

- WHAT TO DEPOSIT -

Stuff that is appropriate to deposit are hard-to-find or useful items.
Hard-to-find is any piece of equipment that is
  • rare
  • exotic
  • legendary (if you are just MADE of money)

Useful is the following:
  • crafting materials
  • sigils (major+)
  • runes (major+)
  • potions (highest level potion only)
  • dyes
  • gold jewelry or better (for alts and just-turned 80s)

Please note that all Major Sigils or Major Runes will be stuck into the Mystic Forge to try to generate Superiors. We are no longer accepting Crests, Talismans, or Seals.
Useful is also any food containing the following buffs:
  • Gold Find
  • Magic Find
  • Karma Boost
  • Downed Health
  • Critical Chance or Damage

- WITHDRAWING -

You are free to withdraw from the free-access parts of the Guild Bank (Deep Cave, Treasure Trove).
Stash items are by request only, but you will generally be able to get whatever you request from the Stash. This is purely to prevent people joining the guild and grabbing a bunch of stuff and bailing - not likely to happen, but a possibility I would like to avoid.

To withdraw something from the Stash, you will have to go through me - via /g, /w, or in-game mail. If I am not online and you absolutely NEED that item RIGHT NOW and it can’t wait until the next time I log, you may approach another officer.

Exceptions will be high-cost Superior Runes or Sigils (anything that costs more than 2g in the Trading Post). These will not just be given because you ask - you must request to buy them from the Guild at a discount. The price fluctuates every day, so when you ask for such an item I will reply letting you know how much you need to send me before I will give it to you. You are free to decline the offer.

- RULES AND PENALTIES -

If you fill the Bank with trash that I have to tidy up, you will lose access to the Bank for as long as I think is appropriate - usually scaled to how annoyed I am at you.
If you withdraw something, you HAVE to be doing so to use it yourself - not to sell or pass on to a friend that is not in the guild. If you are caught, you will lose access to the Bank. Maybe worse, like a kick from the guild. I haven’t decided because this hasn’t happened yet - it may go to a case-by-case in consultation with the other officers.

Guild Custom sPvP Server
The guild funds and runs a structured PvP server. The server is administered by Teldra and is named “[NICE] Persephone Exists, Nothing is Sacred.” The server is used for running sPvP nights, as well as tournaments and events. It is also available at other times for dueling and casual play. We’ll likely be starting up a daily night for casual sPvP soon.

To enter the custom arena, go to the Heart of the Mists and look for the NPC marked PvP Browser (the same NPC you talk to for hot join games). In the PvP Browser interface, use the Search Owner/Name bar on the left and type in Teldra. Once you find the arena, right click to mark it as a favorite so you can find it again later more easily.

Guild Wars 2 Resources

General
Guild Wars 2 Official Site
Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Dulfy Guides
GW2 Subreddit

NICE Guild Links
NICE Tumblr
Guild Bounty Spreadsheet
Guild Lottery Spreadsheet

Guides
Guild Mission Guide by Vivixenne
Making money guide by Sage Persephone
WvW Guide by Yougottawanna
Combo Field and Finishers by Vivixenne
Primer on Leveling Up by Vivixenne

Other Resources
Gw2spidy (Trading Post Data)
World Event Timers
Events and Temple Status
Resource Node Map
Dynamic Crafting Guide
WvW Matchups
gw2lfg (Find a dungeon group)
Into the Mists (Build Guides)
Armor Gallery
Karma Calculator

FAQ

Guild boosts? What are those?
Every time you log on, or complete events are part of the guild, the guild gains influence. The influence is spent on guild missions, and also guild boosts. Guild boosts are guild-wide buffs that are given to everyone representing the guild and include karma boosts, magic find, reduced waypoint costs, and reduced repair costs, not to mention others. These boosts are typically run on the weekend only. If you have karma jugs or other consumables, it’s recommended you wait until the weekend to use them since that way you’ll get more karma out of them.

What should I do after I get to level 80?
  • World Completion
  • Build your character how you want with armor/weapons/skills
  • Achievements
  • Dungeons
  • World Events
  • Legendary Weapon
  • Crafting
  • Personal Story
  • sPvP/WvW
  • Daily and Monthly
  • Jumping Puzzles
  • Make up your own goals - ie, get all dyes, get all minis
  • Create an alt
  • Have fun!

I see a lot of people in the guild with "Von Kraken" or "Copper" in their names. What's up with that?
We decided near launch of the game for some of our characters to be in the same "family." So Human Nobles will have their names with a von Kraken tag, like '<player name> Von Kraken.' Similarly, with Charr characters we've decided to form the Copper warband (cause copper, like in a penny. Get it?). Your Charr character can be named with Copper as the prefix or suffix of your name. For instance, 'Geod Copperstone' or 'Rysk Coppercrusher' or whatever you like. Feel free to join in with the naming fun if you'd like!

Geod on

• Options
    Reserved

• Options
    Last reply from the previous thread:
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I just started leveling a Guardian and saw some similar builds to that that I was sort of working towards. Do you have any recommendations on leveling, or is it just a situation where you should just try things out and see how they shake out? I'm loving the greatsword and the staff seems inescapable with the swiftness buff.

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    The new OP is beautiful. Shall I compare it to a summer's day? It is more lovely, and more temperate.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Nice OP guys!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Nice OP!

Also, the grapes in the previous thread are so sour!

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Yeah someone quoted that post in the other thread. Seems reasonable. I generally don't mind missing content though because I like to think it means lots of folks end up with different-looking skins and characters from taking different breaks at different times. Makes everyone look way more unique.

• Options
    Also just cuz you voted for Ellen doesn't mean she's gonna sleep with you. Just sayin'.

• Options
    if you voted for Gnashblade he is gonna sleep with you tho

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    He is just so charming though.

(I'll do the charrming pun for you.)

• Options
    DAMMIT I READ THAT FIRST LINE AND WAS TOTALLY READY TO PUN

YOU DIRTY VICTORIAN

• Options
    edited August 2013
    2 hours behind the curve.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Need Achievement Points?

Explorer Achieve-aganza: Monday, 7pm at PST

There's a lot of easy explorer achievements that can be knocked out quickly in one night, but that are worth plenty of points. If you're missing any of them and want to do them in a group, then join us on Monday night next week! We're going to hit up as many of them as we can. This is going to be fun and easy stuff like Don't Touch the Shiny, Magellan's Memento, The Long Way Around, etc. If there's demand, we might hunt down some Skritt Bandits or even hit up some mini-dungeons or jumping puzzles, so come join in the fun!

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I bit the bullet and bought two peices of my teir 3 cultural - coat and boots, so I knocked the most expensive one off. My character looks awesome already. I've got enough now for the gloves if I sell all my ectos I've been building up, but I'm waiting for the wallet since I also have 2 other characters with about a gold each on them which will help shore up being broke. This at least gives me another night of boss killing for more ectos.

Quetion about dungeons. I've done a grand total of none. I want to at least get the story dungeons done. How long do they take? I'll probably be able to inveigle guildies to help, but I rarely have more than an hour at any one time to play.

• Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I just started leveling a Guardian and saw some similar builds to that that I was sort of working towards. Do you have any recommendations on leveling, or is it just a situation where you should just try things out and see how they shake out? I'm loving the greatsword and the staff seems inescapable with the swiftness buff.

Usually the standard leveling Guardian build is putting 15 into the Radiance line and using the trait that refreshes Virtue of Justice on kills. And then also 5 into Virtues. Just keep popping Virtue of Justice.
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Quetion about dungeons. I've done a grand total of none. I want to at least get the story dungeons done. How long do they take? I'll probably be able to inveigle guildies to help, but I rarely have more than an hour at any one time to play.

Depends on the dungeon. But usually around an hour. Some of the harder ones might take longer, particularly if it's with a group that hasn't done it before.

• Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Also just cuz you voted for Ellen doesn't mean she's gonna sleep with you. Just sayin'.

aw, shit

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Another question - warrior low level armour sucks hard turds. I like some of the armour you can buy with honour badges. However, they're locked to level 80 characters.

Is there a way to buy them on a level 80 and transmute them onto armour for the lower level character, orr am I stuck looking fucking boring until 80 as a warrior?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Buy the level 80 armour on any character then use a transmutation crystal to transmute the skin onto a white item of any level (less than 80 to make it easier) which will make the item account bound. Then you can use a basic transmutation stone to transmute the skin from that white item onto an item with the stats you want.

You can then keep using transmutation stones on that piece of gear when you update your stats.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Another question - warrior low level armour sucks hard turds. I like some of the armour you can buy with honour badges. However, they're locked to level 80 characters.

Is there a way to buy them on a level 80 and transmute them onto armour for the lower level character, orr am I stuck looking fucking boring until 80 as a warrior?

You can. The downside is that since the gear is level 80, you have to use the fine transmutation stones. Once you've got the skin on a lower level item you can use normal transmutation stones to keep the skin though. I'm not sure about the honour badge armor but depending on the gear you don't need to be level 80 to buy it, just to equip it. I bought t3 human cultural armor with my non-80 Thief and just transmuted the skins off.

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Ellen and I have a special connection

I can tell by her stretch animation that she totally wants me

• Options
    Most excellent. My warrior will finally not look like crap.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Are you saying you only like the dungeon gear, etc? There's several pretty nice warrior armors that are available prior to 80, in my opinion. Can probably get some of those for cheap on the TP and transmute.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    my warrior has a pretty snappy looking armor set right now and he's only level 46, just crafted stuff. lemme get a screenshot of dat mofukka.

there we go. he's not spiky or anything but he has a good, clean look.

0k4Dyfq.jpg

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I think @-Loki- means just the stuff you have 1-20.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    well he said "look fucking boring until 80" and that armor set is around level 40 so just some perspective. there's tons of great looking armor sets throughout the levels.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Frei wrote: »
    my warrior has a pretty snappy looking armor set right now and he's only level 46, just crafted stuff. lemme get a screenshot of dat mofukka.

there we go. he's not spiky or anything but he has a good, clean look.

0k4Dyfq.jpg

Looks like he skips leg day. :)

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hahaha yeah, I use the smallest norn model... they have tragically skinny legs. It's really funny though. I just try to wear armor skirts to hide it.

It's actually not that bad, what you see is the front part of the leg armor covering the sides of his legs.

i took this pic for you <3

bt5M1vv.jpg

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    well he said "look fucking boring until 80" and that armor set is around level 40 so just some perspective. there's tons of great looking armor sets throughout the levels.

I've also gotta disagree about looking boring until 80. I think it's mainly until about level 30 that the armors look kinda boring, particularly the crafted ones. I've got no experience with light armor so I can't comment on those, but IMO the lower level medium/heavy crafted sets look pretty lame. Like the leather jerkin/chainmail looks, they feel kinda generic fantasy lowbie and they're just so flat. Once you get to the plate-looking stuff for heavy and the trenchcoats for medium its a lot better. If you've got access to the legacy armors from GW1 you can get pretty cool looking armor from the get-go.

What I've found for a couple of my characters is that you can either get a really cool looking chestpiece as a reward or cheap off the TP and it'll make all the difference. I got the Swindler coat as a drop on my Ranger and it looked so much better than everything else I saw available so I just used that skin for ages.

• Options
    Yeah, 80 was a bit of an exaggeration. I've got the Legacy armour, but to be honest after about 20 levels I'm bored of it.

Right now I'm crafting my way to gladiator armour, since I actually like that. Another option is the new armour in the gem store for warriors, which is gladiatorish and looks pretty cool.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Enig wrote:
    Yeah let's just be cynical. It's not like ANet has been putting out content of increasing quality since release just as they did with GW1.

It looks promising, and really it makes sense that developing recurring content first would allow them more space for more permanent and/or large-scale events later on.

Most of the content has not been all that good. Dungeons with one good fight and like an hour of bullshit. The hologram/kite/whatever content is just boring. The mini games have been okayish. But for example Southsun Survival is completely inferior to the similar minigame from Halloween. Repeated attempts at tower defense with no understanding of what makes tower defense fun.

SAB was great, but that's gone now.

Some of the story stuff has been interesting, but it's also been all of like one night's gameplay worth of content each time.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    I dunno, I really liked Aspect Arena and Southsun Survival

shrug

• Options
    I'm sad that I missed the super adventure box. Hopefully I'm still playing when it comes back.

But yeah, I get why the temporary stuff is temporary. Most of it is passable quality at best, and only enough content for people to get through in a month. After that, most people will be gone, and people left who haven't done it will be very lonely. It's content designed for two weeks or a month of focussed attention.

Hopefully they get around to actually releasing some of this permanent content they're been working on 'in the background'.

• Options
    As someone who played at launch and then took a long-ass break, I found it a shame that there's all these events and content that I missed out on. I get that the point is the 'living world' and of course that means things change but it seems odd to me to make all this stuff and all the work that entails and then take it out again. It makes more sense to me for the reoccuring events like Wintersday etc.

That said, it doesn't bother me as I'm not a cheevo person. My experience with the recent living world stuff is that I briefly checked it out, thought "hey, neat", then went back to the main game. I think that's more because the living world content is aimed more at people who have already done everything else.

• Options
    Well fuck. I get home, install the update, and now can't connect to the login server.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Downtime for scheduled maintenance - estimated for six hours which is due to end in another hour or so.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Hopefully I can get a bit of time in :( What bad timing.

• Options
    So the updates pretty bangin. I seem to have a compulsion to spend gold on my alts though instead of saving up for the rest of my teir 3 cultural (third peice bought tonight, starting to come together), but I think I can control that a bit.

I hate the pane in the hero panel. it's too big, and the icons are massive. The preview when you mouseover your coins in your inventory is basically all I wanted, so I'm still happy.

Also, I got to crafting steel splint for my warrior, which looks MUCH nicer.

• Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hey folks, after 3 years of penny pinching to put my wife through her Masters program, I was permitted to go back to an MMO :D

I've been playing since this weekend and loving it! I was trying to turn in my tickets for this event but could never figure out how to get to the ship city place... oh well, new event!
    I would love to participate in the guild: Scud.3561

Thanks! See you online!

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Datamining strikes again! If you log on the 1 year anniversary you get 200 gems gratis.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1jswc4/data_mining_upcoming_features_and_changes_from/

Lots of other cool things too. Transmutation reversers. Perfect salvage kits (They remove the sigil and dont destroy the weapon). Random hair and attribute tonics.

New bank expanders- pay money to increase all banked stacks max sized by 250.

TREASURE MAPS?!?!?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Perfect salvage kits are a thing from GW1. Good to see they're back! Even if they will murder the cost of sigils and runes at the moment.

Vivixenne on
This discussion has been closed.