As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS Vita] - Ys sir, can I Ys have some more?

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Huh. According to Yoshida's Twitter, Vita Firmware 2.60 is out and one of the main features(?) is that every LiveArea screen now has a PS Plus icon so you can fiddle with your cloud saves right there instead of going into the Content Manager. Pretty neat.

Just checked, it's out for sure.

There's a ton of other stuff as well:
    - Live Area bubbles now have AA.
    - Turn on/off features (flight mode, wifi and bluetooth) by going into the PS button settings (hold the PS button down).
    - PSP/PS1 settings (button configs, etc.) are also in the PS button settings now. Holding down your finger on the screen no longer does anything.
    - Slightly improved browser(from a 284 score on htmltest.com to 293).
    - Video/music streaming from PC.
    - Privacy settings for trophies.
    Renzo wrote: »
    Rumor is that tomorrow, XSEED will announce that they're localizing the Vita and 3DS Senran Kagura games. If you don't know what those are, do a youtube search in an incognito window when you're not in mixed company.

Not going to google but they're just visual novels, aren't they?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    woah woah woah
    i can stream movies from my ps3 and pc!? SNAP!

• Options
    It says you can only do that if you have your Vita connected to them, so unless they've changed something, that means you'd have to actually plug your Vita into your PS3 to get that working. So it's not really a viable solution. PC is though, as you connect to it via wifi.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Noooooooooooooope.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Noooooooooooooope.

You got me curious, so I just watched a trailer on youtube. It's basically a pervy Dynasty Warriors (or at least the Vita one is).

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Yeah if I have to turn on incognito mode to watch a video, it's probably not a game I want

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Huh. According to Yoshida's Twitter, Vita Firmware 2.60 is out and one of the main features(?) is that every LiveArea screen now has a PS Plus icon so you can fiddle with your cloud saves right there instead of going into the Content Manager. Pretty neat.

Just checked, it's out for sure.

Maybe that's why my alarm didn't go off.

I mean, I'm still at work by 7AM, but an alarm would have been nice.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Renzo wrote: »
    Rumor is that tomorrow, XSEED will announce that they're localizing the Vita and 3DS Senran Kagura games. If you don't know what those are, do a youtube search in an incognito window when you're not in mixed company.

With all the stink that the game that's releasing today has stirred up, I can't imagine the Senran Kagura games will arrive uncensored.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    From the several videos that I watched if it, I don't think it's going to be a great loss either way. It just doesn't look like a decent game in the first place so...

At least that other game actually looked pretty damn good.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    True. It looks more like a game for fans of the anime. Kind of like the upteen crappy DBZ games that have been released.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Pffft, haha!

Youtube searched that game at work

"Hmm...this doesn't seem that bad. Ok, Team Ninja presents 'Dynasty Warriors'. Oh... they have butt juggle technology too. OooooK, now this girl is all but nude....and now she's nude. *close window, clear history*"

>.>
    <.<

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah after all the Dragon's Crown stuff, I don't imagine this game would be received too well. I doubt I'd get it, but the possibility of this game coming to the U.S. is too ridiculous to not bring up.

But Senran Kagura is probably already censored enough. Maybe?

• Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    How long after a Vita game releases does it take for it to show up on the PS store?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    It usually takes a while for PSN to update. You probably wont see anything until well after noon.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Soooo it's a shitty game made for pedophiles! yeah, I'll pass.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    That's quicker then I thought it would be. I was expecting a few days. Thanks.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Woah, they finally added a simple little cloud sync thing to the Vita. So! Guess I wasn't backing anything up til now. :P

Where were the checkboxes for the sync before now?

Ed also Storm I dunno what pics you found, but I found only rudeass titties as far as the eye could see. If they're underage they sho don't look it. D:

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Yeah PSN usually updates around 4 or 5 EST.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options

What the fuck. I have no interest in this game but accusing people of being pedophiles is pretty fucked up.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

What the fuck. I have no interest in this game but accusing people of being pedophiles is pretty fucked up.

I think the implication was that pedophiles will absolutely be interested in it, not that anyone who plays it is a pedophile.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So refresh my memory. The vita only takes official sony memory cards or something, right? Not like the 3DS? I need to upgrade, because 8 GB isn't holding anything, especially with Persona on there. But I don't want to spend 60 bucks.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    So refresh my memory. The vita only takes official sony memory cards or something, right? Not like the 3DS? I need to upgrade, because 8 GB isn't holding anything, especially with Persona on there. But I don't want to spend 60 bucks.

Rumour is there'll be a big price drop on them soon.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Ugh, I hope so. I just looked them up.

http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASCK

90 bucks for 32 Gigs? D: And that's on sale...

I usually love and support Sony, but seriously? Are they out of their minds?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options

Yes. Yes they are.

• Options

Ugh, I hope so. I just looked them up.

http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASCK

90 bucks for 32 Gigs? D: And that's on sale...

Welcome to the party!

• Options

I think the implication was that pedophiles will absolutely be interested in it, not that anyone who plays it is a pedophile.

Drawing that link alone implies enough. It's fucked up.

• Options

Well, the Vita version isn't the one that was announced after all. Just the 3DS version.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

From what I've seen of the game, it doesn't look like it's that far off

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Dude, some of them are wearing school uniforms, and some of them look really underage. Even the huge breasts can't make them legal age.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Age is just a number...that you change to 21 before you release your teenage nudity sim in the west.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Age is just a number...that you change to 21 before you release your teenage nudity sim in the west.

18, normally. But what is an arbitrary age number on a fictional character?

And then you explicitly state that what they're drinking is non-alcoholic... and everyone proceeds to act like they're smashed drunk.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Tell that to Chris Hansen.

Also, I looked at Wikipedia, they're all highschoolers.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Make them Seniors and they're over 18.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    21 is for when they are drinking, tis true. 18 is for when they act beyond lewd.

Anyways, excited by this. Vita fans should hope that this does well too as it could pave the way for their musouesque sequel to this game sometime down the road.

I only played a bit of the first one and liked what I played, It was a surprisingly fun beat em up. Burst is ten times better by all accounts and some people swear by Versus.

• Options
    Doesn't Burst include the first game in full?

• Options
    Yep, with the framerate and mechanical improvements of Burst.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I wish Xilia was out on Vita too.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Dragon's Crown is showing up on the PSN Website for purchase now.

Wonder if that means the update is a go?

Grrrr... posted this in the other thread by accident and got an infraction. (Banned in the game thread)

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options

Dude, some of them are wearing school uniforms, and some of them look really underage. Even the huge breasts can't make them legal age.

Dude, they're fucking cartoon characters. Stop being such a bloody goose.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

Dude, they're fucking cartoon characters. Stop being such a bloody goose.

if people are mentioning that they can't watch something at work, it doesn't matter that they're cartoon characters

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.