As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice 2] Ninja Turtles? Ninja Turtles.

LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
edited November 2017 in Games and Technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obr4a-Ang-M

Injustice 2 is a fighting game based in the DC Universe, made by NetherRealm Studios, the team behind the Mortal Kombat series.

It comes in two editions:

Standard:
81FiPseUFhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ultimate Edition
81qbS82ea9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Roster so far:

Aquaman
Atrocitus
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Black Canary
Blue Beetle
Brainiac
Captain Cold
Catwoman
Cheetah
Cyborg
Darkseid
Deadshot
Doctor Fate
Firestorm
Flash
Gorilla Grodd
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Joker
Poison Ivy
Red Hood
Robin
Scarecrow
Starfire
Sub-Zero
Supergirl
Superman
Swamp Thing
Wonder Woman

Character pack 3 trailer:
(Ninja Turtles!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rXE2RjinkU

There are a ton of video trailers out there featuring a lot of the above listed roster. Too many to list here in this thread. Visit YouTube to find a bunch more cool videos about this video game.

Join a PA guild and be part of the fun!

PS4: "The Not So Super Friends" ID# PBWM9
XBO: "PA League of the Justices" ID# 38YCD

Lucascraft on

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Here are some videos from the recent EVO 2013 fighting game tournament:

Watch how the Pros do it!!!

Nightwing vs Doomsday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDpbHaevRYc

Black Adam vs Green Arrow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx7jula_oFs

Batgirl vs Killer Frost
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx7jula_oFs

Superman vs Green Lantern
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfNk9DABKqQ

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And here's a trailer video for the Martian Manhunter DLC character + John Stewart Green Lantern Skin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkod6OMK8aY

Zatanna announcement trailer --
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtzcEVQ-Exg&feature=player_embedded

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ha, Martian Manhunter's throw animation is pretty clever.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I hope that there's more then just those two in a JL/U skin pack (and has their JL/U voices as well).
    Also, I love when MM goes invisible and GL kinda looks around.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So not looking forward to doing those STAR labs missions again when I rebuy this game on PS3.

Especially the ones that require the back-forward and then down input command throws. Those were a fucking nightmare the first time.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    So not looking forward to doing those STAR labs missions again when I rebuy this game on PS3.

Especially the ones that require the back-forward and then down input command throws. Those were a fucking nightmare the first time.

Did you actually do them all to get the skins? I play flash, and even I'm not going to put the time in for 3 starring all those damn things.

• Options
    I did nearly 70% of the bloody things. I honestly didn't find some of them that fun at all.

• Options
    If you guys didn't see, they updated the iOS game.

They added a new "Challenge Mode" which is basically just more battles for us to do. Completing a challenge unlocks a new character. The first character is Batgirl. Her challenge is available for 15 more days before it rotates to another challenge.

Basically, the challenge mode is 5 tiers of battles, and each tier has 12 battles in it. Not very hard either. I beat the whole thing using lower power cards. I didn't use my main gold cards.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    does the flash skin from the star missions have it's own win pose or anything?

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Martian Manhunter is releasing on July 30. Was just announced today at SDCC.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    One wonders if that includes Wii U

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    doubt they will have any more issues with getting the Wii-u version content

• Options
    edited July 2013
    got an arrow skin code if anyone wants it (360)

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Ok, so they are adding 40 new STAR Labs missions tomorrow for the 4 DLC characters (10 missions each). Confirmed free for season pass holders, and the pack is $1.99 for non-season pass.

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    It's not just me, right? The new STAR labs missions aren't showing up for anyone, are they?

• Options
    I haven't been able to check. What system are you on?

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    360, their facebook is full of pissed off people but netherrealm hasn't said anything about it yet.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    2z7ncll.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maybe Power Girl? She's probably the most requested.

• Options
    I need to buy this game on PS3 soon. I miss playing it, mostly with my wife.

• Options
    2ik8uhw.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I like riddler and I know he's joking... but he wouldn't be a good fit for this game.

• Options
    Power Girl and Riddler maybe?

Riddler could be a fun character.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Manhunter is out folks. If anyone picks him up let us know how he plays. :P

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    whoa he's out already? gonna have to pick him up today

• Options
    whoa he's out already? gonna have to pick him up today

• Options
    edited July 2013
    okay so after some time in practice and then a bit of player matches, I'd say MM is really good. his trait makes his arms and legs all rubbery, so his attacks not only do more damage but reach farther too. it only lasts about ten seconds but it recharges very quickly.
    he has lots of good overheads and low hits too, love his crouching eye laser move and upward punch. he can also fly like wonder woman so he can close gaps decently. love his teleport grab too. I recorded a match but it is very poor quality. I'll edit it here once it's uploaded.

crappy phone recorded match within

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Should we take it as a bad sign that no skin packs were released today? I was certainly hoping for more packs, especially given that some characters still don't have a third alt.

• Options
    I also hope the DLC characters get atleast one alt costume. I totally want martian form j'on as a skin.

• Options
    I don't think it's a concern that we didn't get a new skin pack this week. As others have said, it would be nice for the remaining original roster characters to get more skins. Some of the skins are buried so deep in the STAR Labs missions that most people will never get them. Shazam is a good example. He realistically only has 2 skins available, normal and regime. Yes, he has a third, but nobody has it.

Regarding MM, he seems pretty good. I'd say his teleport grab and teleport uppercut are among his strongest abilities, because they are hard to predict and they happen very quickly, which means there's not a lot of reaction time. His zone attacks seem to have very specific ranges to them, and they are sometimes hard to land correctly. Most of his zone attacks are mid-zone. He does not have any long range attacks that I discovered, unless maybe he can meter-burn on one of them for extra range.

• Options
    Manhunter is out folks. If anyone picks him up let us know how he plays. :P
    okay so after some time in practice and then a bit of player matches, I'd say MM is really good. his trait makes his arms and legs all rubbery, so his attacks not only do more damage but reach farther too. it only lasts about ten seconds but it recharges very quickly.
    he has lots of good overheads and low hits too, love his crouching eye laser move and upward punch. he can also fly like wonder woman so he can close gaps decently. love his teleport grab too. I recorded a match but it is very poor quality. I'll edit it here once it's uploaded.

crappy phone recorded match within

No offense man but...holy crap do you really play on that!? :P

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    J'onn J'onzz desperately needs a Sailor Mars skin.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    well I had a nicer TV but I was robbed and well, yeah...

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't think it's a concern that we didn't get a new skin pack this week. As others have said, it would be nice for the remaining original roster characters to get more skins. Some of the skins are buried so deep in the STAR Labs missions that most people will never get them. Shazam is a good example. He realistically only has 2 skins available, normal and regime. Yes, he has a third, but nobody has it.

Lex Luthor is even worse off, as his third requires significantly more work put into STAR Labs, and then it's just the same as one of his existing costumes with a few glowing crystals stuck to it.

Then there's Green Arrow who only has a third alt if you got the Arrow TV show promotion thing.

Nightwing's third alt isn't that hard to unlock (just reach level 30), but it's just a New 52 alt that doesn't exactly add a lot of variety to his wardrobe.

Then there's Black Adam, Killer Frost, and Sinestro who have no third alt at all (might be another too that I'm forgetting).

Still, while I'm not surprised no costumes were released today (as I could easily see them spacing those out over the next few weeks to help with the wait between new characters), I am surprised that the Martian Manhunter download did not contain any new costumes with it (except John Stewart) since they usually use that big download to put the new costumes on everyone's system so they are usable online even if they don't start selling them for a few weeks (for example, Batgirl's download added the AmeComi skins even though they weren't available until like a week ago or something).

But since MMH's download apparently didn't add any costumes, that means no new costume until at least the next big download.

• Options
    I thought the Jon Stewart skin was free this week?

Sorry to hear that Jay. If it makes you feel better, my 360 DIED. Yep, E79 error and all. This one lasted for a little over 3 years...which is sad actually, since if it was under 3 I could have gotten a replacement. Thankfully my folks gave me their new one that they never use, but it's the tiny hard drive arcade edition thing. Basically I can't transfer/play any of my crap until I get a new HD, which won't happen until next month. Bleh.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I ended up playing like 3 hours of this on Saturday morning, which I haven't done since it first game out. I would have kept going, but I ended up with a serious case of Nintendo Thumb™.

They were running a daily challenge to get 5 wins in any online mode as Ares. I figured, sure, why the hell not. 5000 XP is a lot, plus the XP from actually winning the matches. So I set out on a quest to get 5 wins with Ares. It took me those 3 hours to get my 5 wins. Of course, I didn't fight every match as Ares.

However, by the end of those 3 hours, I feel like I ended up as a relatively competent Ares player. My 5 wins came after a whole lot of losses and a lot of lessons learned from getting my ass kicked.

In that amount of time, I also got probably 10 wins with Aquaman, who is my current character that I'm making an effort to learn.

I'm still very bad at this game. Like really, really bad. But I feel like I might have finally broken through my complete novice-ness and am beginning to have a higher understanding of mechanics and how things work. Even though my W:L ratio is still probably 1:4, I feel like my losses aren't nearly as one-sided as they were when I started.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edboon2.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Also, an iOS update from Facebook:
    The latest Injustice mobile game update is now available! Grab the update and level up your favorite team...
    Zod awaits on Thursday!

1003754_586736614712291_628052511_n.png

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    edboon2.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!