As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] - Ys sir, can I Ys have some more?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    How about; "it's OK to be squicked out by animu schoolgirls getting molested but it's also OK to not take a moral stand on it because they're just cartoons"

Oh brilliant
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Also how about it doesn't matter to this thread because it's not even making it out of Japan anyway.

Renzo on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'm slowly slowly getting through Prince of Persia: PSP-sucky edition. I can't wait to finish this damn thing off so I can buy/play some other games.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I'm slowly slowly getting through Prince of Persia: PSP-sucky edition. I can't wait to finish this damn thing off so I can buy/play some other games.

You should really give up on it, honestly.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    How about; "it's OK to be squicked out by animu schoolgirls getting molested but it's also OK to not take a moral stand on it because they're just cartoons"

I really don't care if he takes a moral stand against it, I'm just pissed off that he threw that label out there. I think it's embarrassing to read that kind of juvenile, reductionist bullshit on these forums. Take that shit to GameFAQs.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    "Visual Novel" is all I really need to hear to know JAPAN ONLY

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    Corpse Party is pretty great. :P

Oh brilliant
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    "Visual Novel" is all I really need to hear to know JAPAN ONLY

You don't like Corpse Party, 999/Virtue's Last Reward, or Ghost Trick?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited August 2013
    Man, you're being the goosiest of geese and all righteous about something you're like the wrongest I ever read in G&T.

Anyways, downloading Dragon Crown.

Oh, and now he called me a bunch of shit and added me to his ignore list. Super adult attitude there, dude, AAA.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Man, you're being the goosiest of geese and all righteous about something you're like the wrongest I ever read in G&T.

Oh, and now he called me a bunch of shit and added me to his ignore list. Super adult attitude there, dude, AAA.

Have I suddenly fallen into an alternate GameFAQs dimension?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Have I suddenly fallen into an alternate GameFAQs dimension?

Apparently.

Just to clarify, send me an insulting PM and I'll insult you back, right before adding you to my ignore list.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid

You should really give up on it, honestly.

I'm curious to see how bad it can get. How STUPID is the Prince? Look at this:

BRBC2ysCMAAWwuG.jpg:large

That there is a pretty big gap with a spinning blade of death moving up and down in the middle of it. I have to use my time freezing powers to make sure the death blade is at the top or bottom when I jump.

OR I COULD JUST USE THE FUCKING DOOR FIVE FEET BEHIND ME IN THE BACKGROUND.

• astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Soooo it's a shitty game made for pedophiles! yeah, I'll pass.

What the fuck. I have no interest in this game but accusing people of being pedophiles is pretty fucked up.

Dude, some of them are wearing school uniforms, and some of them look really underage. Even the huge breasts can't make them legal age.

Since I worked in a Japanese high school for five years, I can say with confidence that most seniors graduate when they are 18, except for the small minority that are born in late February and March.

Also, to everyone throwing out the number 21, that is also nonsense. "21" doesn't give you any special rights in the US beyond the ability to drink alcohol, and although 20-year-olds are considered full adults in Japan (that's when they get drinking, smoking and voting rights) adult films are 18+ here, just like the US.

I've never played a Senran Kagura game, and never will, but arguing that the series is for pedophiles is fighting the wrong fight, I think.

By the way, the Vita one is supposedly halfway decent, but the 3DS game is reportedly a huge kusoge. That will surely affect sales...although many people still bought Time & Eternity, I guess.

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    What the fuck happened in here

I thought something cool happened on the Vita

edited August 2013
    I apparently insulted people who like to see teenager titties.
    I'm the villain!

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Hey didn't you guys say there was a PS+ bubble or something after the update? Something that let's you control your saves and whatnot? I can'tsee anything ddifferent with my vita besides the hold down the power button changes. Anyone's help will be appreciated

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »
    Hey didn't you guys say there was a PS+ bubble or something after the update? Something that let's you control your saves and whatnot? I can'tsee anything ddifferent with my vita besides the hold down the power button changes. Anyone's help will be appreciated

This confused me too for a few seconds until I realised it says PS+ options on each specific apps live area. Go into a bubble as you normally would before starting and there will be a + icon at the top.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »

This confused me too for a few seconds until I realised it says PS+ options on each specific apps live area. Go into a bubble as you normally would before starting and there will be a + icon at the top.

Oh, I see now. Thanks man. It is a pretty cool new feature

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
    Seriously, where was the PS+ setting before now? Somewhere in the green Settings bubble? Cause I missed it this whole time :P

Oh brilliant
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Dragon's Crown is such a great game.

I had to purposefully leave my Vita at home today otherwise I wouldn't get any work done.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I'm the villain!

You'll need a cape.

How's Dragon's Crown for fairly short burst gaming? I'm torn between it and Soul Sacrifice, which I loved the demo of.

Of course I'm not getting either till Prince of Persia is beat. I may just buy both as a reward.

How's Dragon's Crown for fairly short burst gaming? I'm torn between it and Soul Sacrifice, which I loved the demo of.

I've played one and watched videos of the other but they both seem about equal.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I'm the villain!

You'll need a cape.

And a moustache.

I am totally going to play Soul Sacrifice one day!

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Of course I'm not getting either till Prince of Persia is beat. I may just buy both as a reward.

The dungeons are fairly short. At least the early ones are. You can also return to town whenever you want, so I'd say that Dragon's Crown is a nice choice for short burst gaming. The main problem would be that you'll most likely become so enthralled with the game that your "short burst" turned into 5 hours.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Cool, so pretty ideal for a handheld then? I'm going to pick it up, it's just deciding on PS3 or Vita. I get more time with my Vita though so I think that's the obvious choice.

I grabbed the latest official playstation magazine over in the uk just now and there's an updated advert for the indie games coming to vita. Spelunky is listed as out now and I blurted out loud " lies!! " but it also reminded me that it was even headed over. Now I need to decide between PC version / the eventual vita version.

ooo, Vita Spelunky? I'ma buy that.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    I grabbed the latest official playstation magazine over in the uk just now and there's an updated advert for the indie games coming to vita. Spelunky is listed as out now and I blurted out loud " lies!! " but it also reminded me that it was even headed over. Now I need to decide between PC version / the eventual vita version.

I'm in this dilemma, still no word on the vita build and the steam version has daily challenges. I'd really like to play it on vita though.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    Also no sign of Lone Survivor yet - sure that was due in July. :<

Oh brilliant
    Skull2185 wrote: »

The dungeons are fairly short. At least the early ones are. You can also return to town whenever you want, so I'd say that Dragon's Crown is a nice choice for short burst gaming. The main problem would be that you'll most likely become so enthralled with the game that your "short burst" turned into 5 hours.

That's how I feel, too. You CAN play in short bursts, but you won't want to.

Also, I'm gonna get Spelunky on Vita, this is the perfect fit for me. I always end up playing Civ or Skyrim or some "Big" game when I'm on the PC, I'm sure I'll get more mileage on Spelunky on a portable.

camo_sig2.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular

Pushed to September.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Skull2185 wrote: »

That's how I feel, too. You CAN play in short bursts, but you won't want to.

Also, I'm gonna get Spelunky on Vita, this is the perfect fit for me. I always end up playing Civ or Skyrim or some "Big" game when I'm on the PC, I'm sure I'll get more mileage on Spelunky on a portable.

Totally. I just wanna' keep playing it and playing it. And when I'm at work, I'm a bit pissed off that I'm not, currently, playing it.

Chance wrote: »

Pushed to September.

Aw. Well, after Hotline Miami's borked trophies, I don't mind them spending a little longer on this.

Oh brilliant
    Chance wrote: »

Pushed to September.

Aw. Well, after Hotline Miami's borked trophies, I don't mind them spending a little longer on this.

There was a recent update to address this if you missed it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotlineMiami/status/363390616115236864/photo/1

• nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    Left on a business trip yesterday at 8:00 AM. Not getting back until next Monday night. Here's the question: do I run out to a local GameStop and just forget my preorder back home so that I can spend the rest of the week/weekend with Dragon's Crown? Or do you think they'll hold my copy and art book at home, and I should wait?

Patience isn't something I do well with.

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I'm curious about something. Has anyone played Retro City Rampage on their Vita after the last patch? Because I think they somehow borked trophies with it because at some point between the last time I played it (before the patch) and not too long ago, I got -all- of the trophies. Without, you know, actually earning them (specifically still had to get the one about car-kill multipliers, all the collectibles and survive full alert on foot for however long I believe). I'm not too fussed because free trophies, but I just wondered if anyone else had that happen.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, where the fuck is Spelunky?

It's still coming this month, right?

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I hope so.

Since I traded in my 360 my wife has been very upset.

She needs her Spelunky fix.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Yeah, where the fuck is Spelunky?

It's still coming this month, right?

The indies get pushed back regularly, it seems. Spelunky was due to drop last month, and I don't think the delay was ever actually detailed as "will be out in August" or anything like that. Even Shahid wouldn't let it slip - just said it needed more work to get perfect.

This discussion has been closed.