As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Report Comment Display Issue

Hi guys,
Small thing for you to add to your TO DO list:

I get an issue displaying comments on the PA Report pages, only in Google Chrome, which causes the text to overlap.
This only happens on default zoom (100%) and I can resolve it by increasing my zoom level. It appears to fix itself occasionally but it's an issue I have seen several times now.

Currently, I can reproduce it every time I navigate to this article however it's appears a site wide issue on PA Report for me.

I'm using the current version of Chrome which is 26.0.1410.43 m and my resolution is set to 1280 x 960, I'm running Windows 7 SP1.

Here is a link to the screenshot I took.
The snippet was taken with my desktop extended over two screens, which is why there is a little sliver on the side of the screenshot. However I disabled dual monitors as a little test and the issue was still present.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Thanks, this is on our list :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ah, interesting. I thought this was only me so I didn't worry about it, but I totally have this problem too. Glad to hear I'm not insane and that it's an actual thing that's going to be fixed ;)

• Gunbust3rGunbust3r Registered User regular
    This has been driving me nuts. Please fix.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Since it's been a while, I'm also having this issue.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107712/report-post-field.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107712/comment-rendering-problem.png

Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m
    Windows 8 Pro

Got it to render correctly once by refreshing and generally fiddling with the window. Looks fine every time in IE.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Gunbust3rGunbust3r Registered User regular
    Still broken...

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah. We know. Bumping this thread isn't going to get it fixed any faster.

• tdojcctdojcc Registered User regular
    makes reading PA report comments almost impossible when it happens, which is sporadic. Happy to hear it's on the list. For a while I thought embedded video was doing it but now I'm thinking phases of the moon.

• TannesephTanneseph Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if it's a bigger issue in Chrome period? I now have one other website displaying one of the symptoms - the words don't overlap, but they disappear off the right side of the text area. Is anyone else having problems with this site?: http://www.akkrescue.com/ (Don't judge me - I NEED a puppy right now!)

This is literally the only other site I've had any problems with, but it's driving me loco. The comments thing is too - for me, reading the article is 2/3 of the awesome- seeing people's responses completes the experience.

• zerofadezerofade Registered User new member
    Tanneseph wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's a bigger issue in Chrome period? I now have one other website displaying one of the symptoms - the words don't overlap, but they disappear off the right side of the text area. Is anyone else having problems with this site?: http://www.akkrescue.com/ (Don't judge me - I NEED a puppy right now!)

This is literally the only other site I've had any problems with, but it's driving me loco. The comments thing is too - for me, reading the article is 2/3 of the awesome- seeing people's responses completes the experience.

I've only noticed it at PA Report until now. I tried your link and it seems similar. Works fine in Opera.

• adamsorkinadamsorkin Registered User regular
    Same Issue here - I've only seen it on this website. Anybody figured anything out?

• Peter PanzerPeter Panzer Registered User new member
    The comments section under Chrome is still f***ed up. It's been unresolved for months now. This is ridiculous and gives a sloppy impression.

Thanks for letting us know dude.

• Peter PanzerPeter Panzer Registered User new member
    Right. No need to thank me, mr. hedhehog. It's just like I'm simply another Orr from Catch-22 here.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    So. We've taken another stab at this. Anyone still seeing the fuckery?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Looks fine for me.

Chrome 28.0.1500.95 m
    Windows 7

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    It's fixed for me in the latest chrome on windows 8

• Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Unfortunately, it's still borked for me.

Latest Chrome and Windows 8

Edit: Thanks for keeping at it!

Ash-Housewares on
    edited August 2013
    @Ash-Housewares Did you clear your cache and such?

IcyLiquid on
    I'm afraid it's started again for me as well

edited August 2013
    Mine's still okay with OPs, got a link @tube ? I'll double check it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Still borked on mine too. Latest chrome, Win 8. Thanks for continuing to try and fix it though. :)

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Working fine on mine.

I wonder if it's an issue with Windows 8?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Working for me, chrome on win server 2008r2 (yeah, that's what I'm on at this very second)

@IcyLiquid Yup, cleared up and still messed up.

Can confirm it's happening on my windows 8 dev VM.

SlMo1YP.png
    font-family: "Proxima Nova";

Is the offending line, disabling it in the CSS corrected the problem completely. That font works fine in windows 7. On windows 8, I even tried disabling some truetype font settings, as well.

PfpStbG.png

For example.

@icyliquid let me know if you need me to test further, I've got a windows 8 VM that I can try some things with.

• kasperisagerkasperisager Registered User vanilla
    edited August 2013
    @bowen You just saved me hours of debugging, thanks a ton man! We'll remove the Proxima Nova font and get this fixed once and for all.

kasperisager on
    Awesome, glad I could help.

@kasperisager @icyliquid You guys must have done some voodoo because it's fixed on my end. Here's hoping that this problem is solved.

Good work everyone and nice catch @bowen