As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Want to be an [E]nforcer? Applications are now open.

2»

• Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly it's a pretty general E-mail. I was too excited to really notice too much though so don't quote me on it :) Good Luck

• Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    I'm just curious. Has anyone started getting the "You're in" email? I haven't received the "Sorry but you didn't get it email" like all my friends did.

Let there be games!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I assume since a person on the previous page was posting about shirt sizes, that yes some people got the "you're in" as well.

• Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I'm assuming they don't blast the acceptance emails out all at once? I'm hoping that there was only one wave of denial emails :P

etherealvision on
    Let there be games!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm honestly not sure. You could try emailing pax_questions@paxsite.com to ask :)

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You guys may have the wrong idea about how this works. So, the lovely Ms. PRD, aka the PAX Volunteer Coordinator (aka Enforcer mom), reviews all the apps and decides based on that. There may be additional input by others, namely Khoo, but she's got to go through tons of these applications and do some magic and spin a few times and wave her magic wand.

What I'm getting at is that this process is very manual and labor intensive. There are also flexes regarding the number of Enforcers we need, which changes leading up to the show. So while PRD has a ton of other work to do for PAX, she's getting to all the apps, deciding, and responding to them as she is able.

Most important of all: as an Enforcer, patience is a virtue!

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    DhutchDhutch Registered User regular
    Well, just today I got a lovely e-mail inviting me to become an Enforcer (I sent in an application as soon as this very thread first went live). So, that's still happening. I'm pretty sure there isn't enough staff reading apps for there to be any large e-mail blasts, there are probably a bunch of smaller waves.

Ravenclaw, Dumbledore's Army! CaCAW! 2011 TWDT Winners!