As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Options
    HaukyHauky Registered User regular
    Meglish wrote: »
    Hauky wrote: »
    Wowwww Gracie leaves town after one check? Super lame.

She will come back 3 more times over the next week or two for a total of 4 checks.

I was gonna fake her out with my pattern mule and get the emporium faster than normal. Stupid game, anticipating my moves.

bobross.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    @Elin - I want to retake a pic of your flag. _J_ was taking when I took my pic and I did catch it at the time.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    We got shooting stars in Balamb starting a few minutes ago. Town will be open most of the night, I'm going to watch tv and netflix but will keep an eye on things.

I added most of the list last month and have my friends capped. There's close to 50 that have not added me.

Gold and black roses are off limits, if you want tips for getting that many I can share them later.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Beefjerky if you want to remove someone who hasn't added you back, would you consider adding me? :D 0473-7774-3652. No pressure, though!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Redd is in town and has a real Gallant statue (as far as I can tell). My doors are open, so whoever gets here first is welcome to it. :P

Dang. Guessing I missed out on that one, and somebody else picked it up?
    @hargaad of omnar gate's open :)

Sorry, I was totally not watching the boards. :(

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    MeglishMeglish SeattleRegistered User regular
    Stupid question time. How do you get a screenshot from AC to somewhere that I can share it? Do I just take out the SD card and put it in my computer? Or does it save right to the DS first?

meh.

3DS: 0946-3133-4129
    XBox: Jaydyn
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Stupid question time. How do you get a screenshot from AC to somewhere that I can share it? Do I just take out the SD card and put it in my computer? Or does it save right to the DS first?

I use Nintendo 3DS share and copy from Tumblr. The 4th OP has other methods.

• Options
    @Beefjerky - Could you add me too pretty please? My DS code is in my signature. I didn't know you could wish on them and I so want to wish on one!

meh.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks :) As soon as I get these pictures uploaded and share the wealth on here (trust me, they are good) I'll open up my town again if someone wants to get a Labor Day picnic basket.

Meglish on
    meh.

• Options
    neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular
    @Beefjerky if you want to remove someone who hasn't added you back, would you consider adding me? :D 0473-7774-3652. No pressure, though!

Ditto? :)

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So... this is an AC first and I had to share. I went over to my favorite villager's house because I wanted to get a screenshot of him wearing his new frog shirt. I should mention... he's a frog.

I walk in to this... he looks pretty focused to me.
    HNI_0040.JPG
    He tried to make it less awkward with some dance
    HNI_0042.JPG

And then he tried the art of distraction
    HNI_0043.JPG

In the end. We both just pretend it didn't happen. What's a little accidental-toilet-walking-in-on between friends?
    HNI_0049.JPG

All in all, I had a good laugh. :D

Meglish on
    meh.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Apoklypse wrote: »
    Apoklypse wrote: »
    My 'nips hit 544. I'll be at work for the next 5 hours (until around 6:30 EDT) but will open my gates once I am home and after I've sold all of mine. If you are interested and you are after position 98 on the player list (or not on at all) PM me and I'll try to get you in.

I get off work 7pm PST. Will you possibly still be open after that?

Yes, should be.

Franklin is open for bidnass. Turnips at 544 for the next 10 hours. Feel free to check out my boneyard for any museum filling fossil needs while you wait for others to make their sale.

Thank you for freeing me of these turnips.

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Has this been posted yet? It was on Kotaku. Shit gets real real dark toward the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERzZzOHU9w

Also question, are my friends able to access my town when my DS is off? I assume no right?

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Has this been posted yet? It was on Kotaku. Shit gets real real dark toward the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERzZzOHU9w

Also question, are my friends able to access my town when my DS is off? I assume no right?

3:24-3:50
    Ooh, baby. Say that again, but say it slower and say it deeper!
    No, seriously. Tom Nook needs to understand how much we mean this. :|

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Just a quick note to you guys who like burying things for people to find: You might be messing them up for Perfect Town. Little scavenger hunts are cute, but the mail is much safer for surprise presents.

I have other AC friends who would be absolutely livid if I buried random stuff in their towns. To them, it's a crime akin to running, stealing flowers or chopping down trees.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I know it's totally nerdy that I am so excited about this. But Henry finally gave me a picture! He's my little frog that I posted the picture of him sitting on the pot in my last post.

Here's what I did:

At first I wrote him letters every day. Nice ones with complete sentences. Then I read the thread here that said they used random words in their letters, o I started sending him a letter only every couple of days that said "hi best friend picture." Who knows if that did anything but that's what my letters said. I also talk to him a couple times a day. I'm a jerk and have stood him up before and also forgot to do a few of his tasks. He told me a couple days ago he wanted to move. The Youtube video I posted about how to get rid of a neighbor says that usually happens before your best neighbor friends give you a pic and that was the case here. He tried to move twice in one week. Who would let the adorable dancing frog move away? pft ;)

Meglish on
    meh.

• Options
    Redd is in town and has a real Gallant statue (as far as I can tell). My doors are open, so whoever gets here first is welcome to it. :P

Yes, sorry about that! I'll keep in mind that you're looking for one, though. :)

Gracie hasn't been by (yet) for me this week; I'm really hoping she won't skip. I also can't wait to clear my one museum room of all its clothing, and refill it with gyroids or whatever. :P

signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Yes, sorry about that! I'll keep in mind that you're looking for one, though. :)

Gracie hasn't been by (yet) for me this week; I'm really hoping she won't skip. I also can't wait to clear my one museum room of all its clothing, and refill it with gyroids or whatever. :P

You sure you can't wait for...

HNI_0045.JPG That broad is scary! (note the crazy eyes)

Meglish on
    meh.

• Options

No, no. Don't start gathering pictures for me. There isn't a tab for it in the spreadsheet of awesome, and I don't even know what ones I already have. I'll start tracking it soon, though. Just not right now. :)
    I'll take random ones that others can't/don't want, and I'll try to donate it. If I already have it, I'll just put it out on here for the taking to whoever wants to claim it (as you did).

• Options
    Ah, okay. Got it!

@Meglish She may be crazy, but she stands between me and an upgraded store! I will cater to her every crazy fashion whim till she moves in. Then, then... ...I'll go to her department daily to buy all her ridiculously expensive items.

signature.png
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    3:24-3:50
    Ooh, baby. Say that again, but say it slower and say it deeper!
    No, seriously. Tom Nook needs to understand how much we mean this. :|

I love how quickly it escalates too.

One minute its, "We're gonna step on your flowers!"
    Then someone's head is on a pike

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    ApoklypseApoklypse Registered User regular
    Closing up shop in Franklin. Thanks to those who stopped by - and for all the tippage!

3DS FC: 5026-4546-0147
    WiiU NNID: joesgro
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    akjak wrote: »
    Just a quick note to you guys who like burying things for people to find: You might be messing them up for Perfect Town. Little scavenger hunts are cute, but the mail is much safer for surprise presents.

Are you sure about that? I just buried 11 items and have 3 things sitting on the ground. Just checked and Pave still thinks my town is perfect. I'm going to leave them there over night just to make sure. Some Perfect Town guides say the limit of items laying around is 10. I'm sure buried items don't count against it.

Edit - with pictures.
    tumblr_mr8zx3jpRh1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mr901ahmqA1sy3bzto1_400.jpg

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    @Meglish @SilverWind added, opening town again.

• Options
    Beefjerky wrote: »

Thanks! And by goodness that is a ton of black and gold roses. <3

signature.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I wish "Achieved Perfect Town Status" was in the Tree history so I could know how much friggin' longer I have to wait for my stupid Golden Watering Can because it has felt like fifteen days for sure.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Hauky wrote: »
    Wowwww Gracie leaves town after one check? Super lame.

She will come back 3 more times over the next week or two for a total of 4 checks.

I knew it was one check per time of four for the department store, but I honestly thought that my alts could at least get a piece of furniture or something, but she wasn't there when I logged in as my other characters.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »

Are you sure about that? I just buried 11 items and have 2 things sitting on the ground. Just checked and Pave still thinks my town is perfect. I'm going to leave them there over night just to make sure. Some Perfect Town guides say the limit of items laying around is 10. I'm sure buried items don't count against it.

The answer to the question of, "Do undiscovered fossils disappear the next day, or does it all stay, and you can have more than 4 fossils to discover the next day?" is what I think tells the story of the whole perfect town/buried items issue.
    If buried items stick around, I wouldn't count on the number of them being detrimental to a perfect town.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Elin - I want to retake a pic of your flag. _J_ was taking when I took my pic and I did catch it at the time.

You saying my words are not important?

• Options
    I know it's totally nerdy that I am so excited about this. But Henry finally gave me a picture! He's my little frog that I posted the picture of him sitting on the pot in my last post.

Here's what I did:

At first I wrote him letters every day. Nice ones with complete sentences. Then I read the thread here that said they used random words in their letters, o I started sending him a letter only every couple of days that said "hi best friend picture." Who knows if that did anything but that's what my letters said. I also talk to him a couple times a day. I'm a jerk and have stood him up before and also forgot to do a few of his tasks. He told me a couple days ago he wanted to move. The Youtube video I posted about how to get rid of a neighbor says that usually happens before your best neighbor friends give you a pic and that was the case here. He tried to move twice in one week. Who would let the adorable dancing frog move away? pft ;)

Thank you for sharing the data!

• Options
    Everyone who had not selected either Turnip Enthusiast or Casual on our Mighty User List, has now been placed on Inactive status. I went through and added today's date next to their name in the inactive column, and added strikethrough to their information.

We might as well leave their information there in case they come back, and moving people around would screw up data columns on the other sheets, or some people's organizational structure, or something.

If you are an active member of the forum who regularly plays, but you find that your information has a strikethrough, then you should have updated the damn spreadsheet.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Ah, okay. Got it!

@Meglish She may be crazy, but she stands between me and an upgraded store! I will cater to her every crazy fashion whim till she moves in. Then, then... ...I'll go to her department daily to buy all her ridiculously expensive items.

Hold your horses, I need to pass some fashion check for upgraded stores? Then why isnt she vising my town!

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Is there any reason other than "Using it for stupidly inefficient storage" as to why you can only send one letter to your future self at a time?

Because I finally thought of ways to have fun with that feature (basically just sending myself little notes of inspiration for Sundays and whatnot) and I had three letters written up, only to find out that only one can be held at a time. Making me sad.

Also,
    Lind wrote: »
    Ah, okay. Got it!

Hold your horses, I need to pass some fashion check for upgraded stores? Then why isnt she vising my town!

She only starts showing up once you've spent 70,000 of the 100,000 Bells you need to spend at T.I.Y. for the next (final) upgrade. Tripped me up too.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Fashion check hooooooooo!

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    That reminds me, I have a screenshot from my 3DS to pull...

At GaymerX last week, I got a ton of new streetpass homes, but while looking through them... I found... well, this.
    tumblr_mr95r3UTTn1sejdmmo1_400.jpg

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Keep forgetting to share this.

sAAebKy.jpg

But...but I don't want you behind me...

I was not expecting gay jokes on a return to this thread...

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Lind wrote: »
    Ah, okay. Got it!

She only starts showing up once you've spent 70,000 of the 100,000 Bells you need to spend at T.I.Y. for the next (final) upgrade. Tripped me up too.

I see. Well I do buy pretty much everything each day so I guess its time for fashion checks soon.

Lind on
  • Options
    Beefjerky wrote: »

Thank you! I really appreciate it! I had no idea until it was too late that you could wish on those stars!

PS Cyrano is scary.

meh.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    @Toxic Toys You might want to check up on Olivia. Seems like she's thinking of going down a bad path...

BRPMGwXCcAAgaGW.jpg:large

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Today my spotlight item was the Number 1 lamp. If anyone is collecting the set and wants to catalog it I have it by my sign. Gates open, please don't pick my flowers or run.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391