As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Sixth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament Part 1 (Preliminary Thread!)

• Options
    superwootsuperwoot 6th Annual Triwizard - Slytherin DE Santa barbara, CARegistered User regular
    I will be checking every day for tickets. I know the chances are slim, but it sounds like a blast!

In the strangest of ways...
  • Options
    JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    superwoot wrote: »
    I will be checking every day for tickets. I know the chances are slim, but it sounds like a blast!

There have already been a few tickets that were returned and grabbed. Keep an eye on it. You never know.

• Options
    JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    I just thought of something (if it was already asked and answered, I missed it): Will electronic tickets on phones be accepted, or will we need to have paper versions with us?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    JenniLyne wrote: »
    I just thought of something (if it was already asked and answered, I missed it): Will electronic tickets on phones be accepted, or will we need to have paper versions with us?

Last year I pulled it up on my phone fine. The house heads should be using a smart device to scan in the codes (or at least Atlus did for me last year), so paper or on your phone should be fine.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Assuming anything hasn't changed from last year, the QR code on your phone will work.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2013
    Dhutch wrote: »
    PAX Train gets in at around 8:30-ish I believe. You'll probably miss the first bar, but nothing's stopping you from following your house's twitter and meeting them at whatever bar they're at at the time. So long as you A) have a ticket and B) donate to Child's Play, I don't think anyone minds when you show up.
    Well, yes and no. There's something to be said about taking away tickets from people who could be there the whole time. If you're arriving a little late? sure! But if you're missing half the crawl, that's probably not in accordance with being excellent to each other.

I'm not saying to not come if you're on the pax train, but if you do, try to get there asap.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

Last year I pulled it up on my phone fine. The house heads should be using a smart device to scan in the codes (or at least Atlus did for me last year), so paper or on your phone should be fine.
    Adding onto this, I know there were with a couple of issues with the phones reading the QR Codes last year. The Head of Houses/Head-Boy/Head-Girl will have a paper list of names to assist in this as well.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    So, probably a repeat question, but when will information get sent out about meeting locations and all that stuff? It is my first time so I am not to sure on some of the specific detail.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    Atlus will update the original post as it gets closer to the time with the bar routes/times for each team.

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    So hopefully this won't make everyone suddenly jump ship, but I am your Head of House for Ravenclaw OotP this year :)

It has become tradition to hand HoH back and forth among the ranks it seems, and I am the latest recipient!

Skarsol is still taking care of the scarves and will be Head Boy (possibly along with Wormdundee, he hasn't decided yet) and Sumi will be reprising her Head Girl role. I'm not sure I could do this without them, so I'm pretty damned glad they're sticking around!

Remember this is Drinking For Charity :D So while you're handling the (yet to be released) challenges, tip your bartender and throw some in the donation pool for good measure.

Who's ready to Three-peat? CA FUCKIN CAW!

• Options
    ChildlikeEmpressChildlikeEmpress Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone!
    This is my second year participating in the TWDT in the Hufflepuff OotP house. To celebrate this festivity, I have been making lanyards, key chains and bracelets showing off our house colors. A limited quantity will be available for auction during the crawl, but if you would like to reserve one, please PM me. Details are posted below.
    Prices are $12 for lanyards, $7 for survival-type bracelets and $5 for hemp bracelets/key chains.
    311_zps8eb4ba7e.jpg

All proceeds will be donated to Child's Play.
    Thank you and I am looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    So hopefully this won't make everyone suddenly jump ship, but I am your Head of House for Ravenclaw OotP this year :)

It has become tradition to hand HoH back and forth among the ranks it seems, and I am the latest recipient!

Skarsol is still taking care of the scarves and will be Head Boy (possibly along with Wormdundee, he hasn't decided yet) and Sumi will be reprising her Head Girl role. I'm not sure I could do this without them, so I'm pretty damned glad they're sticking around!

Remember this is Drinking For Charity :D So while you're handling the (yet to be released) challenges, tip your bartender and throw some in the donation pool for good measure.

Who's ready to Three-peat? CA FUCKIN CAW!

Wait, you're the HoH this year? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck this, I'm out.
    Kidding, of course

• Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Bow to your new supreme leader!

I reject your authority and substitute my own!

Although, I suppose really all I would do is drink and raise money for Child's Play. So....carry on! I, for one, welcome our new Ravenclaw overlord.

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    I, for one, welcome our new Ravenclaw overlord.

Second. The Ravenclaw Dynasty is Strong.

• Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    Doop doop doop:

Hufflekilt.

Hufflekilt.JPG

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular

Adding onto this, I know there were with a couple of issues with the phones reading the QR Codes last year. The Head of Houses/Head-Boy/Head-Girl will have a paper list of names to assist in this as well.

I scanned quite a few last year and overall it works great. My only recommendation is that you have it pulled up before you get to the front of the line so you don't hold it up while opening your email and searching for it.

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    superwootsuperwoot 6th Annual Triwizard - Slytherin DE Santa barbara, CARegistered User regular
    I promise my girlfriend and I will come running if we can score some tickets! I am really excited and hopeful!

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    The only issue I had with the QR codes was the a step above pitch black lighting in the bar. We ended up using a 2nd cellphone to illuminate the paper and then scanning the code. I'll be bringing a flashlight. :P

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    marblespecsmarblespecs Registered User regular
    It's my first time coming to PAX yet alone being in the TWDT...who is my Gryffindor HoH...we must step up to the plate...and by plate I mean bottle...a full one...with booze...

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    skarsol wrote: »
    The only issue I had with the QR codes was the a step above pitch black lighting in the bar. We ended up using a 2nd cellphone to illuminate the paper and then scanning the code. I'll be bringing a flashlight. :P

Why didn't you just id check and check in by name?

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Because not everyone puts their real name on their tickets.

• Options
    giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular

Yeah, we had the same dark-bar scanning issues last year. It was really holding up the line, so if I remember right, after the first few, we just checked people in via their names, and it seemed to work well. If anyone lied to us, we never found out.

TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    Because not everyone puts their real name on their tickets.

Obviously then you have to break out the ticket, but at east it was waaaaay faster to check in by name, important considering the no room in the bar that shall not be named.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Sumi will always be the boss in my head.

• Options
    Damn women, always stealing all the glory.

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    So what's the deal with the auction items and making/donating items for it? That part of this whole endeavor I'm not clear on.

• Options
    There will typically be an auction within your house at some point during the crawl. You will be able to bid on a selection of fine items. All items are donated and all proceeds go to Child's Play. The House that pulls in the most cash wins the coveted Tri-wizard Cup for the year.

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    MagicSwordKingMagicSwordKing | (• ◡•)|╯╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I know next to nothing about Harry Potter. I know nearly everything about drinking. CA-CAW, MOTHERFUCKERS.

You all best believe I'm showing up loaded for bear, by which I of course mean, "Loaded, even by Ursine standards."

This will be my first Prime, I've been at east three years running now, I would have made it out last year, but I had a pretty good reason for missing it. Look forward to meeting all the Prime People!

MagicSwordKing on
    Aperture Safety Personal Observation Tester for Aperture Testing and Observation, Honorary Alphanaut, Grandmaster of the Tychonian Guard, Chronicler of the House of Brahe, Senior Editor for Mustache News, Agent of O.S.P.R.E.Y., PAX COPS Detective Inspector, and PAX Tours Saboteur.

"I think he starts in reality and ends in fantasy."
    "No he starts in fantasy and ends in chaos."
    -Anonymous
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I know next to nothing about Harry Potter. I know nearly everything about drinking. CA-CAW, MOTHERFUCKERS.

I did it for 3 primes now without knowing a damn thing. You'll do fine. All you really need to know to be able to fit in is the house colours. No one will suspect a thing.

Now that my cover is blown, I'll have to switch to the boardgaming meetup.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Greetings and salutations to all witches, wizards, house elves, muggles, and other miscellaneous creatures!

I know details about the Sixth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament thus far have been sparse but fear not! There are some people hard at work behind the scenes to ensure that on Thursday the 29th of August that you will be so drunk that you'll swear you were hit by more Obliviate spells than you can shake a wand at!

@PunkJr is hard at work making sure that the bar routes work just as well as last year thus minimizing the amount of bitching about walking that you will all be able to do. Expect the routes to look fairly similar to last year's minus Purr due to issues we had with the muggles who have claimed that establishment as their own.

All of the house heads have been hard at work making sure that they are prepared to herd you cats all night long as well as provide some sort of entertainment. Like @zerzhul in drag. Questions about what sort of curiosities will be available for auction and whatnot should be directed at your Head of House and Head Boys & Girls. Don't know who that is yet? Alright, I owe you a proper OP. And it's still on its way!

Challenges or How Best To Get You All Drunk In The Worst Way Possible. This year as we approach next year's final showdown with (or against) the Drunk Lord we must continue to shed light on the past in order to understand the future. Expect a gauntlet of challenges from years past in order to test your liver and prepare it for what comes next year. Expect the worst of the challenges to be reserved for obtaining a Horcrux.

Buttons have been finalized and the order placed so I'm now expecting a box with nearly 1000 buttons to be hitting my doorstep. The buttons have once again been designed by my wife (for real this time) gal_friday. Here's the House buttons to tide you over.
    rmx5.jpgtkpm.jpgdii9.jpgq65e.jpg

On the topic of buttons, bonus Horcrux buttons will return again this year. Last year there were 4 different designs and this year there will be 3. Y'know, because of the whole 7 Horcrux thing. There are no requirements to attempt the Horcrux challenge at the end of the night other than a completed scorecard. Next year will put the Horcrux buttons to use and it's safe to say that you and your friend should try to assemble a set of all 7 for next year.

That's all I really have for now. Just to reiterate in case you missed it, there is no waitlist for tickets to the TWDT. The waitlist function does not work properly for our event so if you're looking for tickets you will need to check the event page to see if any have been returned to the pool.

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Dontcha wish you were in Ravenclaw like me.
    Dontcha wish you had a cool button like me.
    Dontcha.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    I like how Atlus acknowledged Ravenclaw's superiority with his button sizing.

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    I like how Atlus acknowledged Ravenclaw's superiority with his button sizing.

I thought about fixing it but uh...I didn't.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Sooooooooooooooooo, looks like my girlfriend and I will be joining Slytherin DE this year for our FIRST PAX EVER!!! This trip keeps getting better! :D

Edit: We will hoping off the hogwarts/pax express/train around 8. We are sharing a room, which is being handled by @polence, so we will just need to drop off our luggage. We will join the Slytherin's as soon as wizardly possible! I can't wait to see you all!

superwoot on
  • Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    superwoot wrote: »
    Sooooooooooooooooo, looks like my girlfriend and I will be joining Slytherin DE this year for our FIRST PAX EVER!!! This trip keeps getting better! :D

I saw those tickets go up. Congrats. @TOGSolid will take good care of you guys.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    Thank you @Agent00 for giving me a heads up that he was going to be letting them go!

• Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Don't you worry now, I'll still be ca-cawing unless there's some pressing need for me elsewhere.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhqYnUjqmdg

For anyone that wants a quick little view into what is actually going to go on!

• Options
    NurseNurse The Banana Your mom's bedroom ;)Registered User new member
    @superwoot: thanks for the vid!

TWDT 2013 Gryffindor DE
    PAX13 buttoneer!
  • Options
    I know was there for all of that, but the only parts I remember are the karaoke and The Chapel (fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that place) and getting my pony.

This discussion has been closed.