As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dota 2] TI3. Look who's comin for dinner!

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Doom pick and Shadow Fiend pick. You can feel the meta shifting before your very eyes.

e: JUNGLE DOOM! And of course he's pro enough to get a wildkin on the first stack.

Dac Vin on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping it'll be 2:0 for DK and IG so I can watch Alliance vs Navi live instead of 3 am.

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    4X Melee STR build coming out from DK! This is gonna be great.

• Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Man, I want Slardar to be picked more. Love playing him and most Pub's really have no idea what to do against him. He is my #1 pick up against Nyx these days.

PSN: Canadian_llama
    edited August 2013
    Disco11 wrote: »
    Man, I want Slardar to be picked more. Love playing him and most Pub's really have no idea what to do against him. He is my #1 pick up against Nyx these days.

Slardar is going to be great against DK's lineup. Very nice pick by Orange.

HUGE REQUIEM FROM MUSHI oh my god

The_Tuninator on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    HE'S DONE IT AGAIN

That was sick.

these SF ults man
    THESE SF ULTS

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    What happened to the live scoreboard?

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mushi is the Requiem Lord.

edited August 2013
    I am so glad that Valve took special care to preserve SF's swagger when porting him.

e: Orange is just all over the map right now, tearing DK apart. DK just got pubstomped, jeez. The glorious return of SF?

The_Tuninator on
    So minus armor is pretty fucking powerful guys.

Haha, Burning back on the Alchemist. Gotta get that farm.

edited August 2013
    Haha, Burning back on the Alchemist. Gotta get that farm.

Denied, it's a Super Alchemist. Burning is gonna show you how to phantom lancer.

e: Also of interest, a Mushi Ursa and Enigma casted by Tobi.

Dac Vin on
    edited August 2013
    So happy that Enigma got picked in a game Tobi is casting. I missed him on the other Enigma games so much.

Mushi getting waaaaayyy too greedy with Ursa.

The_Tuninator on
    edited August 2013
    Mushi getting waaaaayyy too greedy with Ursa.

You were saying?

e: Just realised, if it works like I think it works:

Reverse Polarity combined with an Ursa with Empower.

jesus

Dac Vin on
  • BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    Holy hell this is seriously working.

Steam ID : BigKev87
    edited August 2013
    THAT NIGHTMARE/RECALL COMBO

e: some random thoughts, one, if you told me Ursa would be a valid, if uncommon pick at the International I would have laughed. two, i fully expect Chen to get banned all the time from now on.

Dac Vin on
    edited August 2013
    Loving this Ursa play. Orange needs to keep this pressure up though, if DK somehow manages to find space to farm they have such a better lategame.

Ursa is a hero I really don't enjoy playing with or against, but he's surprisingly fun to watch. Probably because he makes for such aggressive play, I suppose.

e: Not really sure what BKB on Enigma is supposed to do against this team. Ursa doesn't care and neither do Bane or Magnus. Am I missing something here? I guess Centaur stomps?

e: OH MY GOD THAT SKEWER, EAT IT PL

e: DK maybe turning it around? Big wipe of Orange at top rax! Orange has to finish DK off pretty quickly.

The_Tuninator on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    If Orange can't end it, DK might start to come back - their late game is leagues better.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I believe in Burning

Orange got a prophet though so they probably can't actually turn it around.

edited August 2013
    DK is starting to pull it back! Magnus just had a HUGE whiff on RP at the Rosh pit. Not what Orange needs if they're going to win.

e:
    HUGE
    MAGNUS
    ULT

HUGE SKEWER

IT'S A DISASTAH

The_Tuninator on
  • BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Steam ID : BigKev87
    edited August 2013
    DK: we lose because we are greedy.

edit: This is why it's weird to me that Magnus disappeared from competitive play for so long. RP is so, so strong and has such a bizarrely short cooldown for its power.

3cl1ps3 on
    Wow, how do you let that RP happen DK? How?

THAT REVERSE POLARITY

MAGNUS MVP, I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Those fucking RPs

holy shit

That bear. Wow.

iG and TongFu are currenly the only Chinese teams remaining in the tournament, which means top 4 will have only 1 Chinese team. Two of the top 3 spots are guaranteed to be European teams, and fully half the top 8 are Western teams.

So we've got now:

8/7: Liquid, Fnatic
    6/5: DK, (iG or TongFu)
    4: Orange or (winner of iG vs. TongFu)

Methinks the Western teams have adapted and grown.

3clipse wrote: »
    iG and TongFu are currenly the only Chinese teams remaining in the tournament, which means top 4 will have only 1 Chinese team. Two of the top 3 spots are guaranteed to be European teams, and fully half the top 8 are Western teams.

So we've got now:

8/7: Liquid, Fnatic
    6/5: DK, (iG or TongFu)
    4: Orange or (winner of iG vs. TongFu)

Methinks the Western teams have adapted and grown.

I said it in the last thread, but to put these performances in perspective:

At TI2, all seven Eastern teams made the top 8 (minus MUFC who had an, er, accident and World Elite who lost the wildcard match for MUFC's spot). The only Western team to make it was, obviously, Na'Vi. Not a single Western team managed to eliminate an Eastern team.

A lot of what makes Western teams better than usual this year is a more advanced metagame, but power is still a lot more even between west/east tiers. You still have east juggernauts, but the west can now take games off them instead of getting thoroughly crushed.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The better split of xp and gold to assists really benefits teams with early team fighting, which is not exactly eastern's specialty. Means that the western teams, who were more likely to early gank, benefitted a lot from it and pushed the current meta more firmly in place.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    I still cheer every time a Morphling dies.

edited August 2013
    Watching these chinese vs chinese games I can't help but think that it has become a lot harder to appreciate their low kill style when it doesn't even appear to be the best way to play anymore.

Sparvy on
    Fun fact, there has been twice as many tower kills as hero kills.

edited August 2013
    Well, I guess a change of pace was inevitable after those last two Orange games.

Alch is pretty monstrously farmed, but will it be enough?

The_Tuninator on
    edited August 2013
    Left my PC to go have dinner with my fiancee, thinking I'd miss some games.

Nope, still TongFu vs. iG game 2, 60 minute rice fest with minimal kills. Standard.

I can't say I'm sad that we'll be down to 1 Chinese team after this. They may be the best but goddamn do they play some boring ass DotA.

edit: Okay that fight was awesome though.

edit2: And upon reflection, the dearth of Chinese teams may indicate that their style really isn't the best anymore.

3cl1ps3 on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Left my PC to go have dinner with my fiancee, thinking I'd miss some games.

Nope, still TongFu vs. iG game 2, 60 minute rice fest with minimal kills. Standard.

I can't say I'm sad that we'll be down to 1 Chinese team after this. They may be the best but goddamn do they play some boring ass DotA.

edit: Okay that fight was awesome though.

edit2: And upon reflection, the dearth of Chinese teams may indicate that their style really isn't the best anymore.

Well they aren't really the best anymore, are they? Well not yet but after orange knocks out the winner of this match it'll be 0 chinese in the top 3.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I give no fucks about what everyone bitches about, Games like those are awesome to me. I love watching teams be able to eek out the farm they need, while being able to respond in time to avoid fights. Kills are fun to watch, but they dont mean shit. If you can win by postponing until you can take a teamfight to push the rax/ancient, thats what you do.

"oh farming is so boring abloo abloo" who gives a damn, they won with that tactic and it was great.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    It's not just that. Chinese teams are starving for competition. ACE (the Chinese esports association) is fucking over the teams. They're not allowed to participate in foreign competition under a certain amount. They barely have any domestic tournaments. Add on ping issues and you have an insanely insular scene.

iG3kv1d.png
This discussion has been closed.