As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat][WITTINESS GOES HERE]

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

see, more of you need to be nocturnal. I feel goofy rereading the same shit over and over.

Either that, or we need more Europeans.

yalborap on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    Either that, or we need more Europeans.

at last they are good for something
    i kid because i love
    mostly

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm eveningish, followed by a rapid crash at roughly 1-3am.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

see, more of you need to be nocturnal. I feel goofy rereading the same shit over and over.

Man, you don't want me to be nocturnal. You think I'm weird earlier in the day, you haven't seen anything. My world gets freaky-deaky after midnight.

On that note, I'm going to bed.

Tah kiddies.

Incenjucar on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    Bed at 3, waking up at 10am is pretty much my idea of the perfect, civilized schedule.

Sadly the way it actually shakes out for me, many weeks I work all three different shifts here.

EDIT: night, fireguy!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd say something pithy about the party being right here but I can't carry it with a straight face.

I have drunk a few times with no intention of going out, just killing time in chat. Those are not my proud moments, though.

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    I dunno, drinking at home while socializing online is still probably better than drinking at home whilst staring at the wall morosely. Marginally.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This is a good mocha. The new hot chocolate I picked up makes a world of difference.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I dunno, drinking at home while socializing online is still probably better than drinking at home whilst staring at the wall morosely. Marginally.

Yeah, somewhat better. More entertaining, at least.

I have fewer compunctions about getting my buzz on than I used to. Partially because I realized that my parents drink wine and liqueur every night with dinner, and it leaves them a little happier.

I do have trouble stopping once I get going, though.

MrMister on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Despite my sydneyishness timezone, I go to bed by 10-11pm every night. The few times I am up outside of these hours are because I can't sleep at all so give up because its so boring staring at the goddam ceiling for hours.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You're a bunch of Richies, I tells ya!

Haphazard on
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, I love Steve Pavlina.

If I was gay, I would let him put his penis up my ass.

ege02 on
    edited August 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    Man, I love Steve Pavlina.

God--you would, wouldn't you.

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    You don't?

/boggle

ege02 on
    edited August 2007
    You don't?

/boggle

We look at the world in incredibly different ways.

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    Also, is Renee a guy or a girl's name?

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    You don't?

/boggle

We look at the world in incredibly different ways.

How?

p.s. renee is a girl's name

ege02 on
    edited August 2007
    Also, is Renee a guy or a girl's name?

I THINK a girl's name.

But hell if I know.

yalborap on
    edited August 2007
    Despite my sydneyishness timezone, I go to bed by 10-11pm every night. The few times I am up outside of these hours are because I can't sleep at all so give up because its so boring staring at the goddam ceiling for hours.

Your body is telling you to become Nightlord. LISTEN TO IT.

yalborap on
    edited August 2007
    How?

p.s. renee is a girl's name

I don't agree that everyone around you wants you to fail and that you can achieve anything you put your mind to, or that you should even try.

MrMister on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    I'm eveningish, followed by a rapid crash at roughly 1-3am.
    You and I are alike in far too many ways.

electricitylikesme on
    edited August 2007
    Is starting an e-mail "Dear Renee Courey" too informal? It avoids the Mr/Ms thing.

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    Renee or René can be both, a girls or a boys name.

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    I don't agree that everyone around you wants you to fail

Me neither. I may tell myself that in order to tap into the stubborn-motivation thing, but I don't genuinely believe it, no.
    and that you can achieve anything you put your mind to, or that you should even try.

You can achieve anything within the natural realm of possibility.

Considering this, why not try?

ege02 on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Renee or René can be both, a girls or a boys name.

The male in that couple would have to be an utter punce to allow their wife to name their child renee.

That child will have to live with that name

The Black Hunter on
    edited August 2007
    I don't agree that everyone around you wants you to fail

Me neither. I may tell myself that in order to tap into the stubborn-motivation thing, but I don't genuinely believe it, no.

That's good, because that's a pretty pathological thing to believe.

I don't think you can achieve anything, and I don't think you should try. Everyone has limits, and attainable goals are better than the fetishization of unrealistic success. This is especially true of the sorts of success that tend to get idolized--wealth and prestige, rather than quieter goals like contentment and kindness. Furthermore, I hate people who blame the unfortunate for their misfortune, as if they all deserve whatever comes to them.

MrMister on
    edited August 2007

ege, this philosophy is great if what you want to do is charm women or make a lot of money in business - I will never gainsay the power of confidence, optimism, a firm handshake and a fake-ass grin. But there really are lots of endeavours in life where energy and enthusiasm aren't going to be adequate substitutes for innate talent or luck.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited August 2007
    Also, this:

Furthermore, I hate people who blame the unfortunate for their misfortune, as if they all deserve whatever comes to them.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited August 2007
    ege, this philosophy is great if what you want to do is charm women or make a lot of money in business - I will never gainsay the power of confidence, optimism, a firm handshake and a fake-ass grin.

Also, my view is partially informed by the fact that I tend to find people like that unctuous and grating.

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    I don't think you can achieve anything, and I don't think you should try. Everyone has limits, and attainable goals are better than the fetishization of unrealistic success. This is especially true of the sorts of success that tend to get idolized--wealth and prestige, rather than quieter goals like contentment and kindness.

Unrealistic? Hardly. The world is full of people who start with nothing and end up with everything. People who got fucked in the ass by circumstance a hundred times but succeeded because they didn't give up. If they could do it, why can't you? I mean, besides the fact that you don't think you can, or that you don't think you should even try.
    Furthermore, I hate people who blame the unfortunate for their misfortune, as if they all deserve whatever comes to them.

I think pointing out that most of them can get out of their unfortunate situation if they tried is very, very different from blaming them for it.
    ege, this philosophy is great if what you want to do is charm women or make a lot of money in business - I will never gainsay the power of confidence, optimism, a firm handshake and a fake-ass grin. But there really are lots of endeavours in life where energy and enthusiasm aren't going to be adequate substitutes for innate talent or luck.

Look, things like innate talent or luck... you can make up for their lacking by putting in extra effort. And the funny thing about luck is, it's a numbers game: the more you try, the more you increase your chances of "getting lucky".

I'm not denying that other people can get ahead of you with their innate talents or by getting lucky. But situations like that are only temporary setbacks.

ege02 on
    edited August 2007
    Anyways I'm going to bed. Might make a thread about this tomorrow.

ege02 on
    edited August 2007
    \The world is full of people who start with nothing and end up with everything.

The world is also full of people who do their best and fail.

And see, I'm already finding you unctuous and grating. It's a little hard to whip up a rational discussion on this topic, since, as I said earlier, we view everything differently.

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    G'night

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    \The world is full of people who start with nothing and end up with everything.

The world is also full of people who do their best and fail.

And see, I'm already finding you unctuous and grating. It's a little hard to whip up a rational discussion on this topic, since, as I said earlier, we view everything differently.

I like your logic better.

...My mindset is so far quite in line with that of a bisexual man and a gay man.

...I fear for my future having-sex-with-women.

yalborap on
    edited August 2007
    Also, my view is partially informed by the fact that I tend to find people like that unctuous and grating.

Mine too. Also: I worked in a used bookstore for four years. We had a ceiling high stack of this shit - decades' worth of manuals on positive thinking and glad-handing, from the nineteen-twenties through the 00s, all promising the world and offering the same elementary-level advice ("break difficult problems into steps! write down your goals!") combined with whatever pop psychology was in vogue at the moment - and the stack never decreased in size. It was constantly being added to by run-down looking dudes in their forties and fifties who were selling their get-rich-quick books for pocket money. It made me a bit cynical.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited August 2007
    Night, sleepy heads.

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    jacobkosh is bi? I never knew.

night hap!

MrMister on
    edited August 2007
    I'm not going to sleep, I thought you were! :P

Also, there's nothing worse than enthusiastic management people propagating their latest fad.

God, I hate those fuckers.

Haphazard on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    But there really are lots of endeavours in life where energy and enthusiasm aren't going to be adequate substitutes for innate talent or luck.

I think I may rely on luck way, way too much.

Insofar as my plans generally have a lot hinging on a "hope for the best" moment.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited August 2007
    jacobkosh is bi? I never knew.

I'm open-minded! though in practice I don't actually meet many guys where I'd consider the possibility. The only cool gay nerds I know are on the internets.

edit: and goodnight, whoever's going to bed!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.