As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat][WITTINESS GOES HERE]

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Why do you get such shitty games free with a DS if you buy them from EB?

Why in the world would I want to get Cars? Or Bratz?

Why indeed?

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, people around here wouldn't know traffic laws if they got whacked over the head with them.

When I was waiting a crosswalk, a truck stopped for me -- and the cab behind him pulled over in the opposing lane to pass him. (This was while I was already in the crosswalk. I had sort of a deer-in-the-headlights response to it.)

Later, I saw a kid bicycling on the shoulder of a freeway. Mind you, it's a slow freeway -- only 45 MPH, because it's just a short corridor to get around the airport -- but it's still a stupid thing to do.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    It's been 10 mins, I should check my profile again.

Someone might have updated their status! *checks*

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Why do you get such shitty games free with a DS if you buy them from EB?

Why in the world would I want to get Cars? Or Bratz?

Why indeed?

Because those are the games they have in backstock. Fry's does the same thing; they've been trying to pawn off Space Invaders Revolution with their DSes for over a year.

In other news, I just misread the "Shameless Braggery" thread as "Shemales Buggery".

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Che GuevaraChe Guevara __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I just quit my job processing radioactive ores.

I'm going back to school instead.

Damn gamma rays...

Che Guevara on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    In other news, I just misread the "Shameless Braggery" thread as "Shemales Buggery".

:^:

Echo on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    It's been 10 mins, I should check my profile again.

Someone might have updated their status! *checks*

I did!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I just quit my job processing radioactive ores.

I'm going back to school instead.

Damn gamma rays...

I really think you were getting too worried about that stuff... but, since you were so aggitated by it, this is a good move.

Good luck!

LaOs on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Wishful thinking?

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Man, politicians. :|

So a bunch of Swedish talking heads (all of them female, as far as I can see) are going "RAAAAAH PEDOPHILIA".

They want to change the law so it essentially means "attracted to anyone not yet 18 years old = YER A PEDOPHILE".

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Damn all these people with their "going back to school" talk... I'm so jealous. :(

Every time the flyer comes out with the "community education" classes, I pore over them and pick out 3 or 4 that I'd just LOVE to take. But I don't have time for the things I'm already doing, and I'm not sure how I'd manage to be able to go to an evening class the weeks my husband works nights.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »

Wishful thinking?

Well, on the whole I consider that a much more interesting topic, so yeah I guess

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Damn all these people with their "going back to school" talk... I'm so jealous. :(

I'd love to start studying again. :|

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Man, what the hell, Nintendo? Why is the box to this Brain Age 2 DS Lite pack completely sealed? Usually there's one side of the box that opens.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    OMG
    JANIS GOLD
    Our source tells us that the terrorists' plan is blow up Broward Dam. This would create mass flooding, cut power to the entire state, and destroy the habitat of the tidewater goby.

JACK BAUER
    Dammit! Without that goby, what will our local heron population eat?

JANIS GOLD
    Try not to think about that.

JACK BAUER
    I can't help it! Every link in the food chain matters!

Jack punches his hand through a wall.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Your brain is clearly age 0. Sorry.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, what the hell, Nintendo? Why is the box to this Brain Age 2 DS Lite pack completely sealed? Usually there's one side of the box that opens.

Well, obviously you fail the first and most important puzzle. :P

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Echo wrote: »

I'd love to start studying again. :|

Lordy I was spoiled back then. I remember complaining about taking 18 hours of classes a week.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If I hit the lottery and didn't have to work, I think the second thing I would do with my time (after an extended trip to Europe) would be to go back to school. I'm not sure if I'd get another degree, or just pick and choose classes as they interested me, but I'd be spending at least half of my year with two or more classes for the rest of my life.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    OMG
    JANIS GOLD
    Our source tells us that the terrorists' plan is blow up Broward Dam. This would create mass flooding, cut power to the entire state, and destroy the habitat of the tidewater goby.

JACK BAUER

JANIS GOLD

JACK BAUER

:D

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »

Well, obviously you fail the first and most important puzzle. :P

Oh, hush. I didn't even want Brain Age 2; I sold off the first one after I got bored with it. I just wanted the Crimson/Black DS Lite, especially now that my Pearl White one resembles Christopher Reeve.

It's pretty sexy, too. I just wish the Crimson wasn't just the top of the DS; the rest is all black.

The black parts also aren't shiny and frictionless like on the other DS Lites. Not sure how I feel about that, as of yet.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If I hit the lottery and didn't have to work, I think the second thing I would do with my time (after an extended trip to Europe) would be to go back to school. I'm not sure if I'd get another degree, or just pick and choose classes as they interested me, but I'd be spending at least half of my year with two or more classes for the rest of my life.

I'd do much the same. I would go and audit a bunch of fun, discussion classes. Things where it would be fun to be there not having to do any of the work. While I was at university, I sat in on a semester of a Womens and Gender Studies class. It was fun, and the best part was participating in the discussions without having to do the homework.

[Edit]
    Actually, now that I think of it... It would basically be like hanging out here, except I'd be in actual classrooms. Huh.

LaOs on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For everyone playing Bioshock:

Would you kindly agree with me that this is an amazing game?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    OMG
    JANIS GOLD

JACK BAUER

JANIS GOLD

JACK BAUER

:D

Al Gore enters, gun pointed at his own head.

AL GORE
    What's the point of any of this? This planet's screwed.

JACK BAUER
    It seems to me that the only person who can really make a difference for our planet...

He looks directly at the camera.

JACK BAUER (CONT'D)
    ...is you.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    For everyone playing Bioshock:

Would you kindly agree with me that this is an amazing game?

I would say this is an accurate statement, yes.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The inside of the case that comes with this pack looks like the cover of some sleazy motel room's loveseat.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The inside of the case that comes with this pack looks like the cover of some sleazy motel room's loveseat.

Does it matter? I find that the insides of cases often look rather trashy. It's like there's a huge supply of trashy material that the world's producers need to get rid of, but no one would even touch it on the outside of any case (where people could see it. Gasp!) so stick it inside cases and cases throughout the world.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Captain Planet to make cameo in the new season of 24! You heard it here first, folks!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Does it matter? I find that the insides of cases often look rather trashy. It's like there's a huge supply of trashy material that the world's producers need to get rid of, but no one would even touch it on the outside of any case (where people could see it. Gasp!) so stick it inside cases and cases throughout the world.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Well, I doubt Nintendo just happened to find some textile manufacturer with cloth that featured the DS screens logo all over it.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Well, I doubt Nintendo just happened to find some textile manufacturer with cloth that featured the DS screens logo all over it.

Damn. There goes my idea.

Maybe the had the DS logo added? I have no idea.

You really threw me off there, with the quote at the bottom of the last page (with no added substance). I was all, WTF?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Damn. There goes my idea.

Maybe the had the DS logo added? I have no idea.

You really threw me off there, with the quote at the bottom of the last page (with no added substance). I was all, WTF?
    buh?

Hrm. I wonder how that happened.

Also, the way this case is constructed, everyone will see the inside, at least when you take your stuff out. It's not a closed case; it just snaps around the DS, leaving the sides completely exposed.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    People like to knock The Knack, but My Sherona is a really good song.

VishNub on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    More coffee for the coffee god!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    dscase.jpg

Here we go.

Edit: My camera lightened the colors a bit. It's really more of a dark red with pink DS logos.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    NERDS

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    homosexual nerds at that

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gayer than Podly.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gayer than Podly.

That seems unlikely.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I can't say that I really like skating, skating games, or X-TREME sports in general, but "skate." is a really neat game. I'll probably end up picking this up when it comes out.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.