As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Queer [chat]

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    trolling on a moba is super easy

it isnt even worth the effort when it is so easy to get someone into a frothing rage by just pasting "você fala português?" in chat

919UOwT.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Oprah's whole schtick is that she's a classy everywoman and super accessible to the middle class.

I could easily see her tripping a clerks "not a billionaire" detector for reasons that have very little to do with race.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Last time I played Planetside 2 somebody was blasting "I'm the scatman" over proximity chat and so everyone started jumping around and firing their sci fi pew pew pew guns everywhere.

ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    is saints row 4 the first in the series to have like, superpowers and aliens? or was it in 3 also (which i didn't play)

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @mazzyx

Thankfully Big Papi did not eat the baby.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    is saints row 4 the first in the series to have like, superpowers and aliens? or was it in 3 also (which i didn't play)

SR3 had a super powers sequence in the last DLC.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Oprah's whole schtick is that she's a classy everywoman and super accessible to the middle class.

I could easily see her tripping a clerks "not a billionaire" detector for reasons that have very little to do with race.

Gayle King on the other hand would choke a bitch. Ugh I used to hate watching her on the news.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

SR3 had a super powers sequence in the last DLC.

It also had "aliens" in a DLC.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Gooey wrote: »

it isnt even worth the effort when it is so easy to get someone into a frothing rage by just pasting "você fala português?" in chat

hue

hue

&c

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    @desc

How is Breach and Clear? It looks interesting.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I think what allows me enjoy the rage in Starcraft II is that it doesn't happen every match.

Unrestrained rage in global chat should be a sometimes food.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

also europeans don't really have black people unless you're in a terrifying parisian suburb and then you're probably on fire anyways

Wqdwp8l.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    sl0th post your sc2 quote

do it

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

what do you do when someone instead chats back "sim vc ntd?"

fuck gendered marketing
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

You can troll a moba without even trolling , because woo thin skin.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    My wife and I are headed to London and Paris this week. We've never been. I'm a little unsure on what to wear. I'm from Arizona so I am very used to the heat (it's 108 right now). I wear shorts every day. Will that fly in London and Paris, or will it be too cold?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

You can troll a moba without even trolling , because woo thin skin.

As someone with thin skin, lemme tell ya...

It sucks.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Shit, boost mobile store opening

welp

there goes the neighborhood

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I rage more in sc2 than people rage at me

and 99% of what I see boils down to 'my race is weaker than yours, wah'. very rarely is it 'you are a _______, kill yourself'

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Elldren wrote: »

what do you do when someone instead chats back "sim vc ntd?"

tell them their soccer team sucks and/or ask why they dont speak spanish like the rest of the continent

919UOwT.png
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

I think it's the first to have a rape weapon.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

If the story is true, this is the most likely version of events.

sig.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    ffffffffffffffffffff

highly efectiv

fuck gendered marketing
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    My wife and I are headed to London and Paris this week. We've never been. I'm a little unsure on what to wear. I'm from Arizona so I am very used to the heat (it's 108 right now). I wear shorts every day. Will that fly in London and Paris, or will it be too cold?

ive been wearing shorts like for a month running

so unless the weather gets suddenly shit u shud b k

obF2Wuw.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Here is a picture of "down to earth" Oprah wearing a $1300 dress

Oprah+David+Letterman+TV+Style+1.jpg

Please note the large diamond bracelet on her wrist. Unlike most celebrities, that shit ain't borrowed.

If you see this woman walk into your store and think "lol poor" you're an idiot.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

i was last over there like 25 years ago, but back then you rarely saw the parisians or londoners in shorts. when you saw a dude in shorts, it was pretty much always an american. i'm not sure whether that matters to you though

paris summers are generally temperate - 70s to 80s i guess. London a little cooler and a lot more humid. Not sure if that's still shorts weather for you

Wqdwp8l.png
    edited August 2013
    is there ever a need to question whether someone can afford an item? I've never worked in a high end store.

to go so far as to think to yourself 'this person is so clearly poor (average, whatever) that they can only want to rob or defile the item they are looking at', oprah would have had to be extremely 'not billionaire', and I feel like race may have been involved in the clerks appraisal.

Variable on
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

This makes me sad.

Not that it is the first, but that it is there i mean. WHY?

breathing-earth-2.gif

ftOqU21.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I rage more in sc2 than people rage at me

and 99% of what I see boils down to 'my race is weaker than yours, wah'. very rarely is it 'you are a _______, kill yourself'

Yeah, I play more in gold/platinum and almost always team, so I rarely see people complaining about balance. I'll see lots of team mates flipping out at each other. One game, one of the guys on the other team typed into global chat: "THAT'S IT, I'M JOINING YOUR TEAM" and proceeded to march his army into his teammate's bases and force attack all their buildings and units. Was laughing pretty hard.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    ugh another goddamn videogame thing to get outraged over

this shit is tiring

(no sarcasm, and I'm not even a person whose gonna go on a crusade here but goddamn get your shit together designers)

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    @desc

How is Breach and Clear? It looks interesting.

It ... Okay, I obsess over turn based tactical squad stuff. It is that plus modern military, which I have been wanting forever.

I have been enjoying the game a lot, but I have also just finished the last current map and found the last China section kind of lacking.

They have already released a patch with body armor and weapon painting and more convenient handling of consumables like grenades and such, so content is coming out. But the question is how soon more maps and mission types are coming.

I am not sure whether I would recommend or not. It is polished and I generally like the interface. It gives me a cold primate pleasure to queue up a turn and watch my guys swarm into positions, killing four people within two seconds.

I am pleased with the game so far and hope that the promised content keeps coming. I like it but be aware the game is a little threadbare so far.

is there ever a need to question whether someone can afford an item? I've never worked in a high end store.

I think most people that work in high end stores are paid off of commission, and if they are working for a well known brand they probably have to deal with a bunch of looky-loo's

919UOwT.png
    Cambiata wrote: »

Here is a picture of "down to earth" Oprah wearing a $1300 dress

Oprah+David+Letterman+TV+Style+1.jpg

Please note the large diamond bracelet on her wrist. Unlike most celebrities, that shit ain't borrowed.

If you see this woman walk into your store and think "lol poor" you're an idiot.

to be honest

what I see is a woman who looks like she killed and skinned an office chair and is now wearing its pelt

ftOqU21.png
    edited August 2013
    ugh another goddamn videogame thing to get outraged over

this shit is tiring

(no sarcasm, and I'm not even a person whose gonna go on a crusade here but goddamn get your shit together designers)

As an hobbyist game designer AND a guy getting outraged over games...

i have learned nothing.

21stCentury on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »

This makes me sad.

Not that it is the first, but that it is there i mean. WHY?

Because rape is hilarious, which reminds me:
    http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/201308080115
    The rape of a 16-year-old girl by two football players in eastern Ohio - a case brought to light by social media - is being used by a federal prosecutor to educate athletes in West Virginia about being responsible when texting and making posts on the Internet.

U.S. Attorney William J. Ihlenfeld called the combination of alcohol, smartphones and social media "extremely volatile" in introducing a program Thursday that will be rolled out this month at 11 high schools.

A judge in March convicted the two players of raping the West Virginia girl last summer after an alcohol-fueled party in Steubenville, Ohio, once in a moving car, the second time in the basement of a house.

The rape case "definitely played a role in causing us to think, 'Who do we need to focus upon?' " Ihlenfeld told The Associated Press. "We thought, 'Let's start calling athletic directors and coaches to see if they're interested.' That investment of time hopefully will pay dividends down the road, not only because you hope the kids are going to stay out of trouble. Social media creates so many distractions off the field for coaches. Maybe we can help them avoid that situation as well."

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i have never raged at a vidya game

u kids r all scrubnerds

pls get on my lvl

obF2Wuw.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    that gif is hypnotic

also needs more snow

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The owner of the store is going with 'The clerk didn't speak English very well.'
    Which is a decent defense in Switzerland, where English may well be your tertiary language or worse.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.