As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat][WITTINESS GOES HERE]

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Someone in one of my classes let their cell phone go off.

The ring tone was "Don't Stop Believing."

I'm ... I'm not in your class, right?

Is that supposed to be good or bad, Elendil? My opinion of you hinges on your response.
    I believe my initial thought was "That's three kinds of failure right there."

What's the third one?
    1. Letting the ring tone go off
    2. Having a ring tone to begin with
    3. Making it Don't Stop Believing

I'm trying not to laugh in my class, ass.
    That was my second thought.

Elendil on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My ringtone is "Don't Stop Believing". :(

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Damn, that's classy, Ed.

Edit: That's... cheesy, Grace. But also cool. For the elderly. Like me.

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    My ringtone is "So What" by miles davis.
    Okay, that one is forgivable.

Elendil on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We're talking about disembowelment here, Eddy.

I'm fucking starving.

Want some grapes?

And give me a PM sometime about everything that's great and awful about Shanghai, LM.

Are you coming/nearby? Or have you been in the area?

Not near Shanghai, actually. I was in Hong Kong for about a week. However, my area of study is the Asiatic so it'll be nice to hear some on-the-field kind of views of the city.

I'll let you know. I was in Taiwan for a month before I got here, and the differences are pretty interesting.

Also, I'm Loren Burnes-Hicks on Facebook, if you like.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Seppuku is also hilariously painful.

If you're having a bad day, go for sleeping pills. Seppuku is a great way to make a bad day a lot worse.
    Seppuku is way more of a sure thing, though.

Sleeping pills are too easy to just throw up.
    Take them then duct tape your mouth.

Dynagrip on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    My ringtone is "Don't Stop Believing". :(

Awkwarddddd.....

t everyone else: :D

Casual Eddy on
    edited August 2007
    And on that note of suicide vomit, I am off to eat lunch.

Elendil on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

The munchkin has taken to switching the cd player to radio. Since I don't listen to the radio much, I had never bothered to actually set a station. As far as I know, it's at wherever it was coming out of the box, but it's possible that she was messing with the tuner and stopped when she hit some music. She's not too particular about what kind of music she listens to, as long as it's music.

I'm now listening to "Jacksonville's New Country" -- for the most part, it's what you would expect, except the song that was just on.

The lyrics that caught my attention were "save a horse, ride a cowboy"

I'm not sure this is a message I want my 2-year-old to absorb. Perhaps I should find a nice classical station or something.

Nerissa on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Currently my ringtone is the first few bars of Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones.

I also liked my ringtone of the opening riff of Thunderstruck by AC/DC.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited August 2007
    I think my ringtone is like, the Nokia tune.

I hate ringing phones, so I always just leave my phone on vibrate, as any civilized person should do.

You fucking barbarians.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »

The munchkin has taken to switching the cd player to radio. Since I don't listen to the radio much, I had never bothered to actually set a station. As far as I know, it's at wherever it was coming out of the box, but it's possible that she was messing with the tuner and stopped when she hit some music. She's not too particular about what kind of music she listens to, as long as it's music.

I'm now listening to "Jacksonville's New Country" -- for the most part, it's what you would expect, except the song that was just on.

I'm not sure this is a message I want my 2-year-old to absorb. Perhaps I should find a nice classical station or something.

Animal rights! :^:

:P

Edit: Awesome, Gooey! Much to my liking.

t Loren: How's the ring tone situation in China? I heard the Chinese love their mobiles.

Haphazard on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Could be worse, Rissa. I found out that my mom was dancing to "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy" ... at my wedding. >_< I guess that's what happens when you have your first glass of wine in 20 years.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    How's the ring tone situation in China? I heard the Chinese love their mobiles.

They are fucking barbarians.

Service is crazy good, though.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I hate ringing phones, so I always just leave my phone on vibrate, as any civilized person should do.

You fucking barbarians.
    I can't feel my phone vibrate when it isn't in my pocket, or when I'm walking sometimes actually. I need a phone that causes a 3.0 earthquake when it vibrates.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »

Ah yes, a great song indeed. More than likely to become the next country classic.

(It does nice things to the dance floor though... usually.)

LaOs on
    edited August 2007
    How's the ring tone situation in China? I heard the Chinese love their mobiles.

They are fucking barbarians.

Service is crazy good, though.

And they tend to talk to people on their mobiles.... wait for it... in the theatre! D:

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

You fucking barbarians.
    I can't feel my phone vibrate when it isn't in my pocket, or when I'm walking sometimes actually. I need a phone that causes a 3.0 earthquake when it vibrates.

Or maybe one that just fires a tazer into your thigh.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited August 2007
    That would be interesting... corner that whole self-mutilating business person on the go market!

LaOs on
    edited August 2007
    I appreciate Amy Winehouse's fierce independence but she probably should go to rehab.

Casual Eddy on
    edited August 2007
    "Nyaaarrrghhghll...

Sorry, phonecall."

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    I appreciate Amy Winehouse's fierce independence but she probably should go to rehab.

But she said no no no!

LaOs on
    edited August 2007
    Whenever anyone talks in a theater I wish I were a meaner person.

So I could just shout "Hey, shut the fuck up."

But I'm timid.

Casual Eddy on
    edited August 2007
    LaOs wrote: »

But she said no no no!

Yeah, she really won't go go go.

Casual Eddy on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

But I'm timid.
    Indeed. Talking in cinemas should be one of those crimes that means you'll be spending time in the stocks.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited August 2007

But she said no no no!

Yeah, she really won't go go go.

Such a daddy's girl, that one.

LaOs on
    edited August 2007

But I'm timid.
    Indeed. Talking in cinemas should be one of those crimes that means you'll be spending time in the stocks.

Do you still use the stocks? I think we should start that up again.

LaOs on
    edited August 2007
    I think whether or nor not Amy Winehouse does go to rehab or not we can all get behind her not making music any more.

And this latest QotSA album seems to be suck donkey balls :(

Mojo_Jojo on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007

But I'm timid.
    I'm really funny when I do it so that's ok.

Dynagrip on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

But I'm timid.

You know, that sounds like a good idea. We really ought to revive the stocks as a method of punishing rudeness, littering, etc. Maybe more people would start being considerate of others for a change.

Nerissa on
    edited August 2007
    There's a special level in hell. A level they reserve for child molesters... and people who talk at the theater.

Haphazard on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Started watching Lost from the start.

Good shit.

Oh, and the Season 3 box is released in a month. Should give me enough time to watch season 1-2 before I buy it.

Echo on
    edited August 2007

But I'm timid.

The man might not, but I do.

I'm sure that I heard somebody actually suggest bringing them back recently. I think they're a good answer to crimes which are basically somebody being an asshat. Slap 'em in the stocks for a day. Job done. Just make sure that every cluster of stocks has a police man (or one of those impotent community support officers) watching over it so the criminals don't get raped or anything.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited August 2007
    There's a special level in hell. A level they reserve for child molesters... and people who talk at the theater.

You know, a lot of the people who talk in the theatre are children...

LaOs on
    edited August 2007

But I'm timid.

The man might not, but I do.

I'm sure that I heard somebody actually suggest bringing them back recently. I think they're a good answer to crimes which are basically somebody being an asshat. Slap 'em in the stocks for a day. Job done. Just make sure that every cluster of stocks has a police man (or one of those impotent community support officers) watching over it so the criminals don't get raped or anything.

Sounds good to me. 'Rissa's got the right of it, too.

LaOs on
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh man, finally met another nerd at my school yesterday. I had to give him shit for being a /b/tard, though. He was like "Well, I can usually leave it in my bookmarks bar because no one who comes over knows what 4chan is."

In return though, I revealed that I am a Narutard. Revealing your private shame to someone with an equally henious blot on their very soul is a good way to bond.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2007

<3<3<3

Zoë Washburne: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about... killing?
    Book: Quite specific. It is however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

God I love Book.

Echo on
    edited August 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Started watching Lost from the start.

Good shit.

Oh, and the Season 3 box is released in a month. Should give me enough time to watch season 1-2 before I buy it.
    Lost is great, and I cannot wait for the fourth series to get cracking. Especially as they promised to be less retarded this year and not put in three or four "mid-season breaks".

I'm really tempted to try and rewatch everything before the fourth series starts.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited August 2007
    Echo wrote: »

<3<3<3

Zoë Washburne: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about... killing?
    Book: Quite specific. It is however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

God I love Book.

<3<3<3

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    Aww, I like Amy Winehouse.

Casual Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.