As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] - The thrilling F2P adventures of Henroid, Bounty Hunter and snappy dresser.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I am in a pug Republic guild for the exp gain, and in Cam's leveling guild on the Imp side. I haven't touched a warzone but remember enjoying Huttball a bit at launch so I might hit that up at some point.

What's the guild that Cam is running?

On the imp side it's called The Lost Squadron, if you want an invite I'll go on now and add you.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, would you be able to go through all the main storyline stuff without a subscription? I've heard good things about the story part, at least.
    You can, but I think there's a limit to the number of characters F2P players can have. And there's an experience penalty past a certain point, too.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Apparently a completely free account can have two characters, while a preferred can have six. It also mentions you don't get rest XP unless you have an actual subscription, and that a subscription gives you higher XP earnings than the other two options. Like a lot of games that switched from subscription to F2P, the F2P looks like it is really setup as just a glorified trial mode. With the listed restrictions, I'll probably just pass and wait for some other game to catch my fancy.

steam_sig.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    You COULD but it's going to be near impossible to find a series of videos with choices you want to see, much less like.

• RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I am in a pug Republic guild for the exp gain, and in Cam's leveling guild on the Imp side. I haven't touched a warzone but remember enjoying Huttball a bit at launch so I might hit that up at some point.

On the imp side it's called The Lost Squadron, if you want an invite I'll go on now and add you.

Is this the official Imp guild on JC? If so, toss me an invite--my Agent is named Triverian.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I'm already in both the guilds on Shadowlands but they appear to be either dead or overrun by bros. So I jumped on over to JC.

Is the PA channel not a thing over there? Because that would explain quite a bit.

No there is def a PA channel on JC, but I think Core and I are only on the pub side late at night. Goatmon is on during the day more, I think?

More people are on the imp side also.

Sorry to say that I've pretty much lost interest since I got Skyrim on steam.

I'll get back to it before too long, I imagine, but every attempt I've made to get back to SWTOR ended with me immediately deciding I wasn't in the mood for it and going back to more Skyrim. :P

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Someone was screaming at me in general the other day because I rocked up to one of the tauntaun nests on a tauntaun.

Dude was under the impression that other people farming the fawns meant that he couldn't so I was ruining it for the rest of them

S

steam_sig.png
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I've been playing my Sith character on Shadow Covenant, saw two people online yesterday in the guild but they didn't respond.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Is this the official Imp guild on JC? If so, toss me an invite--my Agent is named Triverian.

"Official" is stretching it, but only PA people are in the guild.

Also, man it sure would be cool if the game let you send guild invites to people who aren't online. Sigh. Anyone who wants an invite send me a Penny Arcade PM when you're on and I'll get to it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, would you be able to go through all the main storyline stuff without a subscription? I've heard good things about the story part, at least.
    You can, but I think there's a limit to the number of characters F2P players can have. And there's an experience penalty past a certain point, too.

The XP penalty is harsh enough that you will basically have to do every single quest on every single planet, including all the bonus series, and as many Heroics as you can stomach, or you will be horrendously underleveled for the next planet.

As soon as you hit the credit cap, blow that money on increased XP for Story Missions, Exploration, and Flashpoints. You can run as many FPs as you want (though getting groups without access to the group finder OR /whispers is annoying as fuck) even if you can only roll on loot like 3 times per week.

Leveling as F2P/Preferred isn't as bad as it was in November (no more two quickbar limit, FFS) but it's still barely enjoyable.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah the F2P model in this game is still very restrictive. But if you find you enjoy the game you can do a non recurring subscription for 3 months and get full rights. It is what I do when I get the urge to mess around for awhile in the game again.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    My subscription runs out on the 15th and I'm still leveling a Sorc alt to 55. I'm 52 and am just about the start Corelia doing only the character quests (probably skipping the Corelia planet story) and have all of Makeb to do. I cant play tonight and there is no way I'll get it all done by Wednesday, and I am not looking forward to losing my subscriber benefits. Hopefully they aren't too restrictive so that I'm not leaving the game with a bad final impression.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • DrElementaryDrElementary Registered User regular
    Man, it sounds like hardly anyone plays this anymore!
    I'm on most nights on The Bastion; right now leveling a JK. My BH is at 54-1/2 (that's him to the left, when he was on Voss), but the family wanted to do the good side...
    I suppose it helps when you can log in and have two or three other people for any WZ or FP you want to do.
    We spent about three hours doing WZ on some sub-30 characters last night, and it was a blast, as it always is.
    So far I've found the JK storyline better than the BH (not saying the BH was bad, because it was pretty good), and the 2/3 of the inquisitor story has been okay. Wife says the smuggler story is good, and apparently Corso is a studly man.

• Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Checking in to see how the guild is doing. There still enough of you guys playing?

Also, how's pvp lately? If I were to come back would I be in bad shape?

Everyone still using black core lightsabers? Not gonna lie, those things didn't help when I was deciding to quit or not.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • DrElementaryDrElementary Registered User regular
    Dunno when you left, but PvP is 10-29, 30-54, and 55 now. 30-54 can be pretty brutal if you're near that 30 end.

I barely ever see black-core items anymore. They're more....neon-y now. +41 endurance.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Hilariously, the +41 endurance crystals can be used at level 10. My baby guardian's hp is essentially doubled since he has one in his saber and one in his shield generator.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    All the black core sabers look awful. And are expensive, because of the whole doubling your HP at level 10 bit.

488W936.png
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Meh, +endurance crystals are lame, +power crystals are where it's at.
    8vzr.png
    Best 4.5mil credits and 600 cartel coins I ever spent.
    Now if only the whites had the same level 10 restriction as all the other ones.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wait, sweet-ass crystals show up in cartel packs?

Man, all the packs I bought with my complimentary subscription coins just gave me a ton of pets, some really lame clothing and a shiny green speeder.

Most power crystals work at lvl 10 and aren't all that expensive on the GTN.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I like the purple one. Heh.

Most power crystals work at lvl 10 and aren't all that expensive on the GTN.

Now I gotta look at some item wiki to see what they all look like. Must have awesome lightsabers!

I should have said most cartel crystals can be used at 10.

Cartel Crystals basically killed the Artifice craft skill, since what's the point of having an artificer craft you a +10 power crystal for level 10 when you can use a +41 Crystal off the GTN (and unlock it for use on all your toons if you want to pay the CC in your collection to do that)

Wait you can get a cartel item off the GTN and then pay to get it unlocked for all your alts?

edited August 2013
    Wait you can get a cartel item off the GTN and then pay to get it unlocked for all your alts?

Yes. Unlocking it account wide has to be done with cartel coins, though. The item itself you can buy with credits, but you can't buy the unlock with credits.

Edit: Although when it comes to crystals, once you unlock it on a single toon you can replicate it on that toon forever. If you have legacy bound weapons, you can transport the crystal to as many other toons as you want. It is kind of tedious though, and it costs credits to pull out every time.

Cambiata on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    so wait, how does that work? Is it it just like, all the legacy-bound crystals you can eat? Or does every character on the account just get one

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    so wait, how does that work? Is it it just like, all the legacy-bound crystals you can eat? Or does every character on the account just get one

When you bind an item in the collections window to you, like a purple power crystal say, then you can replicate that item infinitely in your own inventory. All the items you replicate will be bound and therefore you can't sell them in the mail.

But, Crystals are special because they can be placed in legacy-bound weapons (unlike armor, which you can replicate forever but can only put on yourself and your companions). So if you have a legacy bound light saber, for example, you put your power crystal in the lightsaber, send it to the alt you want it for, the alt takes the crystal out and then sends the lightsaber back. If you want to send 5 crystals out to companions, you have to replicate that act 5 times over. And every time you pull the crystal out, it costs like 9k, I think, so it's not totally free.

If you have the CC from a subscription it's probably just easier to unlock it in your collections.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I have a dumb question. I have subbed, so got a couple of cartel coins which I used on boxes. Now I have several items that I won't use, but can't sell (vendors won't buy them, GTN is loaded with unsold copies). Anyway to get rid of them? Just dropping and destroying or sent them to my Synthweavers/Armstech/Armortech for disassembling?

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh, maybe that's what I wasn't getting, I haven't really messed with collections much at all

NREqxl5.jpg
    also, which servers is it that're being merged? NA-west and something described as APAC?

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    The Australian/Asian servers are merged into the North American ones.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    If you have the CC from a subscription it's probably just easier to unlock it in your collections.

This is the best solution as it also doesn't care what server you're on. I have countless +41 Endurance purple crystals across a few servers. All going back to 1 lucky raw from a cartel pack.

It's great. You pay a pittance in CC once to add the item to your collection then you just hit a button and spawn as many as you damn well please into any character on your entire account's inventory.

• kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Yep, I unlocked one of each type (crit, power, endurance) so I always have a choice on all my alts and for all their companions. The only thing I forget to do sometimes is when I switch out a weapon shell, I'll still rip out the crystal even though what I should do is just grab another one from my collection and save the 9k or so.

Alright, I kinda want to get my Jedi on. I'll download this tonight and see where my account stands. I'm gonna be bummed if I lost any gear or my character name due to downsizing inventory/bank space or server merges. :(

I don't think you lose anything. You may not be able to access stuff but it doesn't just go away. May have to change your name though. Probably no xXxTeh420SephirothsxXx available anymore, I'm afraid.

That's standard MMO naming right?

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Alright, I kinda want to get my Jedi on. I'll download this tonight and see where my account stands. I'm gonna be bummed if I lost any gear or my character name due to downsizing inventory/bank space or server merges. :(

Try and roll on JC if you can so me and Cam can help you with unlocks and stuff; makes life much easier without a sub.

488W936.png
    What was our initial server? I had a max level Guardian with raid gear from the time but also the set the Jedi is wearing in the trailers. Really, the set I would rather be using!

PA was all on Shadowlands at launch. The Shadowlands server is still up but the Republic guild there is essentially dead. The Empire guild merged with another guild and I can't tell if any PA folks are left in it.

PA was all on Shadowlands at launch. The Shadowlands server is still up but the Republic guild there is essentially dead. The Empire guild merged with another guild and I can't tell if any PA folks are left in it.

From what I saw, no real PA presence on the Imp side either.

What few of us still playing have moved to other servers, with myself transferring one of my two capped Imp characters over to Jedi Covenant when I came back to the game to restart the legacy there and do stuff with Cam and the few PA peeps on that server. There isn't more then a handful still playing really.

488W936.png
This discussion has been closed.