As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Old VIDEO GAME RPG thread is dead. Long live the new VIDEO GAME RPG thread!

1789101113»

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Just got Melia and Rikki

Took me a minute to figure out that you can use Melias discharge ability when it is grayed out. Was wondering why I wasn't able to do much with her, and even then, I'm still not super sure what I'm doing. I looked up a video on how to use her.

No idea on what Rikki's deal is, since I haven't used him yet. I'm finally past the areas that I had gotten to in my last playthrough, I think I had just gotten barely past colony 6 before I stopped, so everything on this playthrough had been really familiar, so seeing new stuff is cool. Makna forest is cool.

Riki has 4-5 different DoT type abilities that you can slap on enemies. That's how I played him, at least.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I still haven't gotten around to beating Xenoblade yet. I do second the notion of playing Lost Odyssey. Jansen alone is worth the price of admission! Especially at the beginning when he tells you how long he needs! *laugh*

I loved the first Wild Arms but never really got into the later games. Legend of Legaia was fun along with Legend of Dragoon (give me a seeeeeeeequel!)

And to this day, I still own my sega cd with my genesis and working design's copy of Lunar. Played that game so hard. I have Vay but that wasn't quite as good.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It more saddens me that everyone and their mother didn't buy it when it came out. It had mad hype prior to release, and it wasn't like the Wii had anything else special at the time(or even for months before that).

wVEsyIc.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten around to beating Xenoblade yet. I do second the notion of playing Lost Odyssey. Jansen alone is worth the price of admission! Especially at the beginning when he tells you how long he needs! *laugh*

I loved the first Wild Arms but never really got into the later games. Legend of Legaia was fun along with Legend of Dragoon (give me a seeeeeeeequel!)

And to this day, I still own my sega cd with my genesis and working design's copy of Lunar. Played that game so hard. I have Vay but that wasn't quite as good.

Lost Odyssey was fun. Although my second time through I couldn't finish it because I just didn't want to play the optional stuff at the end anymore. Worth playing for the music though.

Wild Arms 1 might still be playable but the graphics are arggghhhhh. I haven't played it or the remake since it first came out though. The second was ok but I liked the third one a lot. Nice cel shaded graphical style and the gameplay was definitely better than the first two. Never played any of the other ones. I might be the only person who liked Legaia 2 more than the first one. I just really hated the combat system in the first game. The story and everything was a hell of a lot better than the second one, but it just wasn't fun.

Dragoon was a fine RPG, the problem with it is that it is pretty much Cliche: The RPG. It pretty much contained every single RPG cliche that existed at that point. It was very pretty for its time though.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Seriously played and beaten FFVI in every available form, to this day I still play and beat it once a year, Sezter + Offering + Fixed Dice never fails to make me smile. Also, Lost Odyssey is fantastic if you love some old school jrpg goodness with some pretty great story. With a 3DS, Tales of the Abyss and Fire Emblem make my system completely worth it along. Speaking of Tales, I'm a decent chunk in to Xillia and loving the hell out of it.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I always prefer to give my Offering to whoever I choose to dual wield Ultima Weapons, but that's just me.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Janson is one of the best things about Lost Odyssey

my favorite thing was basically all of the short stories

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I still really need to play Lost Odyssey, dang

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I just love the hell out of Sezter as a character so I just can't help but give him the good stuff.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Lost Odyssey is a worthy reason to buy a used X360. Jansen is fantastic, and the stories you get to read...half of them make you smile and the other half will make you cry.

The music is good, the story is passable, the standard jrpg children party members are...well, ok that's the only part about the game I don't like. But sounds, graphics, music, all fantastic, (including those stupid complaints about a certain party member's enlargities, I really couldn't care less.)

• miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »

Lunar is one of the best series ever I love that series the most as you can tell my forum name is one of my favorite characters in that game aside from Ghaleon, best series ever I love it and play it too much : D

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    It more saddens me that everyone and their mother didn't buy it when it came out. It had mad hype prior to release, and it wasn't like the Wii had anything else special at the time(or even for months before that).

But... they did. The game had a very limited release and that basically sold out.

sig.gif