As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Saints Row 4 Thread: Supervillain Sandbox Shenanigans! Get it August 20/23!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well then! I, uh, don't know what to say to that?

Like I said, I think he's an alright character. Not as good as people make him out to be, but he was alright.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'll be happy if the ps3 version runs as well as the ps3 version of SR3.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    real spoilers, though it's probably common knowledge at this point
    I don't know how I feel about Gat coming back from the dead. 3 is the only SR game I've played so I really don't care that much about him?

actually supposedly there are a lot of major returning characters from 1 and 2 that I'll know nothing about.
    I'm happy they brought him back because he was a pretty big part of 1 and 2 and didn't deserve the offscreen death he got in 3

though I don't think he's as amazing as some people, he was a cool character at least
    I'm not too happy about it. I figured he was a joke character like nyteblade but on the other end of the spectrum. I totally expected him to go out like a bitch for attempting to be cooler than the main character and he totally did
    I loved the rapport Gat and the main character had in SR2. No idea why they decided to leave him out for a game.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Well then! I, uh, don't know what to say to that?

Like I said, I think he's an alright character. Not as good as people make him out to be, but he was alright.

my favorite part about him was that he was super competent
    It makes sense that he disappeared because he seemed sorta disappointed with the direction the Saints were taking?

Miss me? Find me on:

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I haven't heard one way or another, but I just assumed the nature of the setting for this game would be why he can "come back"

character spoilers
    I think it was a mess because of re-writes and THQ meddling.

http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1949

character spoilers
    I think it was a mess because of re-writes and THQ meddling.

http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1949

thank you THQ corporate assholes

your exquisite writing skills are no longer needed

Miss me? Find me on:

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    edit: scratch that

TheySlashThem on
    easy with the scratching, Tdot

Miss me? Find me on:

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'll be happy if the ps3 version runs as well as the ps3 version of SR3.

My thoughts exactly

I'm hopeful

I wasn't aware of how Crackdown-y this game was until yesterday

I love Saints Row and I love Crackdown and I loved the traversal in Prototype so

Yeah

Yeah

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqzBTzYV7I

Just realized what happens to Insurance Fraud when you add the superpowers to it

6F32U1X.png
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    All the superpowers in SR4 make it that much more appropriate that my SR3 character (which I will be recreating in SR4... continuity, y'all) was my approximation of She-Hulk.

I can't decide if I wanna play this as my British guy from SR3 who looks like Walter White that I named Geoff McMoney or if I'm gonna play as my created Ryan Davis

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I can't decide if I wanna play this as my British guy from SR3 who looks like Walter White that I named Geoff McMoney or if I'm gonna play as my created Ryan Davis

Ryan Davis as President of the USA is pretty great. I think you know what to do.

This game looks really, really fun, and people say it is. It really sounds like the guys at Volition have embraced the absurdity of their setting without going into a weird, mean place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JSOLEu1TY&list=PL66Y-U6XiSG2AdBTWfRjvhw8ItsMpOCJR&index=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAnswdv228I&list=PL66Y-U6XiSG2AdBTWfRjvhw8ItsMpOCJR&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UsD_yVNQls&list=PL66Y-U6XiSG2AdBTWfRjvhw8ItsMpOCJR&index=1

but that damn Rectifier alien probe weapon is very, very, off-putting. Yeah, it is cartoonish and goofy, but it is also a way to impale your enemy through his/her/its anus, and then shoot them off of the skewer to their death.

Fortunately it's one of the dumb DLC weapons, so I'm just gonna avoid that DLC like the plague

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Since I used the default face with different hair in SR3, I'm thinking either Ryan Davis for SR4 or making the guy look as much like real life Nolan North as possible. Either way, he'll have Nolan North voice.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I'm gonna be replaying SR3 with @Yukira in a few days

it's going to fuuuuuuuuuun

I've been wanting to do a full co-op playthrough for awhile

Miss me? Find me on:

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't find the Rectifier totally offensive and I think I understand the logic behind them putting it in the game but it's totally unnecessary and I understand why people would be offended by it.

I'll probably end up getting it unintentionally when they have some big DLC pack for sale for SRIV, and that'll likely be included in it.

I think @Idolninja mentioned on the Saints Row Mods Forums that the Rectifier is in the main game, but it is only available in one mission and it is entirely optional to use it, but I might be confusing separate discussions and those discussions were about the preview build of the game he played several months ago.

• IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    I think @Idolninja mentioned on the Saints Row Mods Forums that the Rectifier is in the main game, but it is only available in one mission and it is entirely optional to use it, but I might be confusing separate discussions and those discussions were about the preview build of the game he played several months ago.

It wasn't in the preview or final press review build as far as I could see. No missions used it, so maybe it's only something they're putting in the actual release?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    All the superpowers in SR4 make it that much more appropriate that my SR3 character (which I will be recreating in SR4... continuity, y'all) was my approximation of She-Hulk.

hah, mine was Red She-Hulk

I just thought Betty fit the tone of the game better

Thanks @Idolninja I read so many things. Those things often get combined and confused.

My Boss had golden skin and wore a purple heavyweight mask. I often put him in the three piece suit, which I can't seem to find in SR4, at least in the Inauguration Station. :(

Fearghaill wrote: »

hah, mine was Red She-Hulk

I just thought Betty fit the tone of the game better

you're probably right, I just haven't read any comics with Red She-Hulk, so I went with original flavor.

She-Hulk running around Steelport in a classy suit, like she just finished lawyering for the day and decided to wage a neverending gang war.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I feel like this game is begging for a President Camacho playthrough.

That should be a hidden cheevo, actually.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I made my guy in SR3 look old and shriveled but still surprisingly muscular. And then gave him an enormous pompadour because pompadour.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Hey @Yukira

http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321730593079

I also suggest that you make Doctor Wily or Quick Man

Miss me? Find me on:

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Probably gonna embrace my inner lady, as usual.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Female 1 has become my voice for The Boss, anything else sounds weird to me.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Female 1 has become my voice for The Boss, anything else sounds weird to me.

Same here

Though I'm not as vehement about it as I am about lady Shepherd

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The Nolan North voice is the best choice for someone like me who has a set "character" for the Boss (lady 1 thank you)

Because then it stops being a story about the Boss and starts becoming a weird insane story about Nolan North

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    It really speaks to the writing that each voice feels like a defined character.

Also I'm super happy that they have cut all the prostitution stuff, because that made me super uncomfortable in the last game.

2ohWien.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    It really speaks to the writing that each voice feels like a defined character.

Also I'm super happy that they have cut all the prostitution stuff, because that made me super uncomfortable in the last game.

Yeah

Zemos was kind of terrible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    zimo's autotune voicebox thing made me laugh pretty consistenty

because I'm twelve

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'm gonna be replaying SR3 with Yukira in a few days

it's going to fuuuuuuuuuun

I've been wanting to do a full co-op playthrough for awhile

Doing a full co-op run of a Saint's Row game is said to foster a trust between two people so strong that they would hide a body for each other.

Or it's just a good time, I forget which.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    zimo's autotune voicebox thing made me laugh pretty consistenty

because I'm twelve

Basically

His whole pimp angle was lame and I was glad when I got through that part but his running joke never got as old as it probably should have

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Zimos needs to either be out of the game or no longer a pimp but preferably out of the game because autotune jokes were old in 2011

6F32U1X.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oleg is back, right? Because he and Kinzie were the best characters in that game.

Oleg appears in one of the early missions but he doesn't speak

I don't know if he shows up again, which has me worried

Oleg and Kinzie are my favorite SR characters.

2ohWien.png