As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade Pin Pal Trading Post

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    How was trading with gabe/tycho/whoever at East and Aus? I'm considering buying an extra lookouts set (hoping it's the cheapest per pin) and using those to trade for Khoo's pin, and other pins. Did they accept other goods for trading?~

Only official Pinny Arcade pins can be traded for official Pinny Arcade pins.

As for finding Mike & Jerry at PAX East, in my experience you had to either ambush them before/after a panel they attended, or be at the PA signing.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, that is what I figured early on would be my best option. Why get the PAX Prime logo pin when I wasn't even there? The Gabe and Tycho pins in that set though....

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    How was trading with gabe/tycho/whoever at East and Aus? I'm considering buying an extra lookouts set (hoping it's the cheapest per pin) and using those to trade for Khoo's pin, and other pins. Did they accept other goods for trading?~

Manic has a good idea though, I guess if I wanted, I can buy three sets of Prime pins to trade the extra two sets for aus and east...

But like I said before I think I won't go crazy with pins (lol yes i will) and will only get pins from the convetion I'm at (PAX wise, so I don't want a pax aus/east pin since i didn't go there) but I want other pins from those convetions (ike chandra 1+2)

I remember him tweeting about roaming Expo Hall with pins on hand. I was popping my head now and again while waiting to play the DuckTales remastered game and would totally bail the 50+ minute line just to trade pins with him. To my luck (and one obnoxious girl) he walked by the line and asked him if he would like to trade. He gladly accepted and gave away Tabletop Tycho for his CTS Gabe. Commented how Tycho is my least favorite character and him and his wife agreed. :)

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    edited August 2013
    It isn't as hard to find the employees as you might think it is. Follow their Twitter accounts and check the merch booths. You also catch them walking around as well.

edit: And yea, it has to be an official Pinny Arcade pin when you trade.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

Manic has a good idea though, I guess if I wanted, I can buy three sets of Prime pins to trade the extra two sets for aus and east...

But like I said before I think I won't go crazy with pins (lol yes i will) and will only get pins from the convetion I'm at (PAX wise, so I don't want a pax aus/east pin since i didn't go there) but I want other pins from those convetions (ike chandra 1+2)

Trading at East was pretty easy, but there weren't many people you needed to trade with. I waited in line for Mike and Jerry's autograph panel, and they had a big bowl of pins at the end of the table for if you wanted to trade with them as well as get something signed. The Enforcers were very good about letting you know where to go to find the ones who had the pins for trading.

The issue for me now is getting enough core sets to trade for all the staff pins. But on the plus side, buying them all will net me more Merch pins, which I can also use for trading.

Arithon32 on
    vru37z14gk5j.png

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Screw it. I'm just going to convert every pin I have to Khoo Pins.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    I am so worried that the Strip Search pins will be at Prime only just because all the contestants are supposed to be there. Who knows if they will be at East.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular

That's not a bad idea, one of the PA Staff is a Kemper collector and it's pretty funny to see a guy with 40 cats on his lanyard :P

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I want to see you in a Khoo-pin set of armor.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Of these new pins I really want the strip search, rayman, PvP and chainsaw suit pins. After this update im pretty convinced now that getting all pins will be impossible.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • reneguagereneguage Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Well it's definitely been ramped up a notch. I'm really hoping the new pin releases happen at pax prime and continue through east and aus. It's going to be tough for collectors to get things like the rayman or second son pins, if they retire them due to their respective games being released. I hope the market doesn't get flooded.
    Too many exclusive will make it too hard to be fun.
    Any way, Chandra V2 for a Chandra V3 message me for a trade

reneguage on
    wonder if preordering rayman outside of pax will still get you the pin...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Ayefkay wrote: »

I would guess not, but you never know.

bYf6vNQ.png
    little tidbit of info i missed, theres also going to be a 'themed display board' for sale in the future, lookout for that!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Update on website:

It won't be ready for Prime, I thought I could get it up faster with something basic but as I've never built a serious website before...I overestimated my ability to learn stuff :P (I'm a programmer, just not for web). Also it's just terrible timing, as I'm leaving on holidays...right now :)

Anyway, I decided to show my progress as I go but don't bother refreshing a bunch, I'll let you know here if I've updated it. At the moment, I got the user accounts system running and the basic idea of where I'm going with it. It will also be evident I'm not a designer, I'm hoping to attract one later as we grow (or now? takers? :) ), for now, we'll have to put up with my "skill".

Basically I don't want a million pages, I just want to stick to core info, so it'll be those expandable sections. Inside will be a grid of the pins, each with the information "want (number) | have (number)", click to show which users are available for trade. There will be support for set-for-set naturally. In your account section after signing up, you'll be able to select your wants/haves and update those any time to reflect your stock.

I also will have it auto-detect your wants and highlight other haves if they match any tradable pin you have.

That should get us going.

In the future the world is our oyster, a "trophy lanyard" to show off pins you own is the only extra feature currently suggested. Feel free to make more :)

Feedback is more than welcome at any time, probably PM it to me so we don't clog this thread up.

Goodluck with Prime guys, I'm off on an adventure :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »

That's not a bad idea, one of the PA Staff is a Kemper collector and it's pretty funny to see a guy with 40 cats on his lanyard :P

Haha I met him! xD

He is how I got my east kemper, watch out though he will have like 40 Aus Kempers :P

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    Update on website:

It won't be ready for Prime, I thought I could get it up faster with something basic but as I've never built a serious website before...I overestimated my ability to learn stuff :P (I'm a programmer, just not for web). Also it's just terrible timing, as I'm leaving on holidays...right now :)

Anyway, I decided to show my progress as I go but don't bother refreshing a bunch, I'll let you know here if I've updated it. At the moment, I got the user accounts system running and the basic idea of where I'm going with it. It will also be evident I'm not a designer, I'm hoping to attract one later as we grow (or now? takers? :) ), for now, we'll have to put up with my "skill".

Basically I don't want a million pages, I just want to stick to core info, so it'll be those expandable sections. Inside will be a grid of the pins, each with the information "want (number) | have (number)", click to show which users are available for trade. There will be support for set-for-set naturally. In your account section after signing up, you'll be able to select your wants/haves and update those any time to reflect your stock.

I also will have it auto-detect your wants and highlight other haves if they match any tradable pin you have.

That should get us going.

In the future the world is our oyster, a "trophy lanyard" to show off pins you own is the only extra feature currently suggested. Feel free to make more :)

Feedback is more than welcome at any time, probably PM it to me so we don't clog this thread up.

Goodluck with Prime guys, I'm off on an adventure :)

This is going to be awesome!! :D

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Agreed.

• DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »

ME TOO- I would really rather not cancel my current pre-order all of a week before the game's release... it seems like a cruel thing to make us do!

• creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    This is pure speculation on my part, but I would guess that The Behemoth pins and everything after it in the list would be available at future cons. The Behemoth always has the gatcha machines on their booth (were they at Aus this year?), so they'll probably be selling these pins for a good while. All the game pins before The Behemoth in the list will probably have their associated games released by time PAX East rolls around, so they may not care to stock these pins anymore. Thoughts?

creid8 wrote: »
    This is pure speculation on my part, but I would guess that The Behemoth pins and everything after it in the list would be available at future cons. The Behemoth always has the gatcha machines on their booth (were they at Aus this year?), so they'll probably be selling these pins for a good while. All the game pins before The Behemoth in the list will probably have their associated games released by time PAX East rolls around, so they may not care to stock these pins anymore. Thoughts?

I agree with this. Behemoth always has the capsule machines, so I wouldn't see them discontinuing the pins after one con. I just want a Necromancer pin, damn it! I'm sure in the future.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    How much does Bohemoth historically charge for their capsule machines? I'm curious to know how much I'd have to spend to get a barbarian and cardinal pins.

Imsorad wrote: »
    How much does Bohemoth historically charge for their capsule machines? I'm curious to know how much I'd have to spend to get a barbarian and cardinal pins.

I believe it was $6 per capsule purchase. I could see it being $8 for pins.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • goldsaturngoldsaturn Registered User regular
    As financially painful in the short term as it might be, it seems that the right thing for the staffer pins would be to always trade for two of each (the maximum) so that you have one to trade away for the ones you missed. This would be especially true for some of the less public-facing staffers if you happen to find one. I did this with gabe and tycho at EAST and so far their pins have been in high demand on ebay. I wouldn't sell them, but it indicates that demand is high and I'll hopefully have some leverage to trade them for something else nice down the road. Value overall may go down with so many more pins in circulation, though.

If anyone needs a trading partner for PAX EAST, I'd be willing to set something up. I'm looking for the PRIME '13 pins, and I've got an extra EAST '13 set to trade. I liked the idea of having prearranged PinPals so that you don't have to scramble to find someone every year. I'd be willing to set something up for AUS 2014 as well.
    PM if interested.

• creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Imsorad wrote: »

I believe it was $6 per capsule purchase. I could see it being $8 for pins.
    Eh, I think they might stick to $6. It makes it a little cheaper than other pins, but that might be a good tradeoff for not being able to pick which pin you get.

• Mecha-TechMecha-Tech Registered User regular
    Wanted to let everyone know that Renegague's pin (PAX East Chandra Head) was shipped out today from Texas to Australia.

• Mecha-TechMecha-Tech Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Another question: While I'm sure most (everyone) has the Core Pinny Arcade set that's available in the Store, would it be out of line to offer to trade one of those for other pins? Basically I would purchase you one of those sets for one of your pins from a PAX and have it shipped to you from the store. Being in Texas, it's kind of hard to get to PAX East, West, or Australia, and I'm trying to get all of the Wizards of the Coast pins when they come out, and I traded my one East pin for an Australia pin (see above post) on the belief that it would be easier to get an East pin again rather than try and hunt down someone who would sell an Australia pin. I know they're exclusive, but that's what I like.

Mecha-Tech on
    I Can't see why it would be a problem, particularly with the (eventually) look outs and Twisp and Catsby sets being available online. It would effectively still constitute a 1:1 trade.
    It may be difficult if you're only trying for WOTC pins but, per se; you traded an online available set for a Chandra, a Merch and a couple of extra Behemoth pins, it's a 1:1 trade.
    Then you've got extra trade fodder for later PAXs.
    I think the Twisp and Catsby set will be a hot item when it becomes available so maybe hang on to a couple of those.
    I suppose if you're willing to accept some random additional pins you'd be in a reasonable position to trade.
    keep in mind, It is the 2013 core set.
    One day it will be retired.
    Yes it is plentiful now but for how long?

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to get two more core sets, just so I can start trading at Prime the second I get there.

considering how many new pins will be there, thats probably not a bad idea

8fuuo_RK.png
  • michaeldemossmichaeldemoss LouisianaRegistered User regular
    When trading to the staff, does it matter which pins you trade to them? I imagine they get tons of the core sets back.

ba2znj3fyg5r.png
  • JetsonJetson Registered User regular
    I'm looking for someone going to Prime willing to trade the prime set for East pins from 2013 (I don't have a Tycho left, but I do have 2 Gabes, 1 Kemper, and the logo) or future East pins. The tot ones are awesome!

When trading to the staff, does it matter which pins you trade to them? I imagine they get tons of the core sets back.

Any set as long as it is an official Penny Arcade pin.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Is there anyone looking to trade
    East Logo Pin
    for
    Aus Logo pin
    -or-
    Chandra V2
    for
    Elspeth (had to look that up, the new WOTC pin)
    I've got one left (Aus Logo) to trade, and all I need is the East logo to complete my set.

One week to go for PAX PRIME!, You guys ready to the pinny challenge? Already traded my spare Aus pins for ones i really want, but Im wrecking my brain over how im going to get the rest!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I hate to be "that guy" but I just wanted to give everyone a couple of warnings about the pins. I have been watching the prices on ebay for a while now and they have been soaring. East sets have gone between $200 and $300, Australia sets are about the same. I can only imagine what a DLC pin would go for as I have never seen one put up before. With items so small being so valuable thieves will start targeting them soon.

I know none of us like to think of bad people infiltrating our community, but it will happen. The Magic: The Gathering community has been hit very hard in recent years as the prices on some of the cards have sky rocketed. Organized gangs of thieves have hit several large tournaments, snatching decks and binders, stealing cards, even breaking into cars and stealing collections. Very few of them have been caught.

I highly recommend that people do not carry their entire collections on their lanyards. I know we all want to show off, but it is a risk. Only keep what you are want to trade visible, leave the rest at home. Do any trades in a very public area and have at least one friend with you. Do not take the lanyard off at any time in public, even for a second. It does not take long for someone to grab it. Once it is in someone else's possession proving it was yours is nearly impossible. Be wary of people getting too close or touching your lanyard, a decently skilled thief can easily pop a pin off without you knowing.

Once again, I hate to post things like this, but I do want people to be prepared. I really hope I am over reacting, that nothing like this happens. Be smart and be safe everyone.

You said it. Be smart. Most of that I would hope is common sense for people.

I would never bring my collection with me (it is framed anyway). Hell, I wouldn't even wear my tradables, especially since I am just using them for staff pins and the like.

If anything, if you want to wear the lanyard with pins, wear it inside a hoodie that is unzipped a little to show that you have pins to traders.

Anyway, have fun collecting next week, peeps! Spend one whole day tracking down what you want. You have a whole extra day of PAX so...

Hopefully East is 4 days. One can only hope.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    With the backs of Pins liable to come off, I won't be using them to display any Pins. The lanyard(s) will just be a way of showing I have Pins to trade.

Outside of the "official" trading where we have a decent chance of getting the Staff Pins, I think the Behemoth booth is going to be a trading hub. The machines to get nine Pins from will naturally cause people to trade just so they get a complete set, and whilst they are talking a lot of them will be inclined to say "have you managed to get Khoo's head yet? I'll trade you Brian's head."

not to mention you'd have to invade peoples personal space when you stick your head in close to actually see what pins are on your lanyards :P

8fuuo_RK.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Hopefully East is 4 days. One can only hope.
    MCCA already lists PAX East 2014 as April 11-13 2014. It's extraordinarily unlikely that there would be a change to that this year methinks.