As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Regarding SR4 on Nuuvem, a forum post:
    Hello all,

On behalf of Nuuvem's customer support, im authorized to provide you with the answers about Saints Row IV keys.
    Good morning.

I was looking for a key for Saints Row IV and I found this product. I saw that the prices were amazing and wanted to know if I can pay by credit card even if not in Brazil. I am a resident in Spain. Another question I have is if I buy the game, then I can turn on my Steam or have a regional block?

Sorry for writing in English.

We're aware that most of our international community is having a big time wondering if the Saints Row key that we're providing will be regionally exclusive or not.

In a first moment, the Saints Row IV pre-purchase rights that we sold until now, will, indeed, be redeemed as regional keys, but we've already taken action in order to protect the best interests and rights of our foreign users, so, soon after the game is launched we guarantee that all the foreign users that pre-purchased with us will receive a worldwide redeemable key.

It is important to state though, that all the keys that will be sold AFTER the game launch, will be regionally blocked.

If there is any question that remains unanswered please let us know.

Best Regards
    Nuuvem Team

Note also that the release date on the page has switched to the US release date, so it's unclear whether now is "after the game launch" and hence region blocked keys for anyone purchasing today on. People reporting support emails relay Nuuvem will get region free keys for people who preordered, but it could take until "next Friday," which is presumably this Friday, the original international release date, but who knows!

Edit: Also from the sounds of it, Deep Silver didn't tell them in advance that they intended to use regional keys. Given the price benefits for foreigners, I wonder if the price of getting region open keys for SR4 preorders will be more stringent restrictions on where customers are buying from, like Greenman. Publishers do hate this sort of thing.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Nice try, Bioshock Infinite, you little minx. I can wait.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/20/tom-clancys-the-division-is-coming-to-pc/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

Finally, the big game at E3 that I considered buying a next gen console for is coming to PC. So there goes that irrational need.

i was about to post about that. the abiltity to join a game as an overwatcher on the tablet is really appealing and a neat concept if it works

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    The gifting in this thread is out of control. There have been a few times where I wanted to ask if people enjoyed various games, but I'm afraid I'll receive a gift instead. Way, way too much class going on in here.

You just have to buy the game first. Then you can ask away, immune to gifts.

I'm not buying games to play anymore. I'm buying them as a means of vaccinating myself against gifting.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also important to note, it seems Deep Silver has caught on to regional price differences in regards to both Nuuvem/Brazil and Russia. The store page for SRIV used to (or maybe still does) state that copies bought in Russia can only be played/activated in Russia.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    Ah, a new thread, I can once again pretend I'll read every page of this one...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The gifting in this thread is out of control. There have been a few times where I wanted to ask if people enjoyed various games, but I'm afraid I'll receive a gift instead. Way, way too much class going on in here.

You just have to buy the game first. Then you can ask away, immune to gifts.

I'm not buying games to play anymore. I'm buying them as a means of vaccinating myself against gifting.

I bought the humble bundle that had Mirror's Edge in it. I didn't like Mirror's edge on 360 when i played it. I asked in chat if anyone wanted the key, and someone reminded me that I didn't have it on my account. I had to activate it on my own account so someone else didn't hit me with it. :( These are rough times we're living in.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Re: the Evil Genius talk from the last thread.

Just hire a lot of social minions and tag everyone for distraction/psychological. Once their smarts are drained they just wander around aimlessly doing no harm.

For the Super Agents that kill anything that moves, well, that's what the bio tanks are for....

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Also important to note, it seems Deep Silver has caught on to regional price differences in regards to both Nuuvem/Brazil and Russia. The store page for SRIV used to (or maybe still does) state that copies bought in Russia can only be played/activated in Russia.

I thought it was US, everywhere else not Russia, and Russia in terms of how keys were split up?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @BigDes is el gentleman y el scholar, Thanks for Tropico

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    That title is so true.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    So, I hear @CorriganX is going to stream that Machine for Pigs game for charity! That's SO AWESOME, DUDE!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    So, I hear @CorriganX is going to stream that Machine for Pigs game for charity! That's SO AWESOME, DUDE!

He's a really good guy like that.
    Everybody should get on board with helping to make this a reality.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    @Malakaius thanks for the sims3 stuff

My girlfriend's first thing was to make a sim couple of me and her with my last name

I think she's trying to tell me something eh

I dunno...did her sim end up setting your sims house on fire?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    SaboSabo Registered User regular
    fitting title, haha, I chuckled.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

I heard afterward @CorriganX was going to punch children for charity too. Such a trooper.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

I heard afterward @CorriganX was going to punch children for charity too. Such a trooper.

@CorriganX is really dead set on helping the kids out. Guy is a saint.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    signature.png

IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHERFUCKERS!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

@CorriganX is really dead set on helping the kids out. Guy is a saint.

I think it was MY child in particular that was going to be punched? At any rate, good to know he'll help make her hospital stay afterwards enjoyable!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    *sticks head in*
    Is this Narnia? No, It's a new thread!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I managed to claw a few keys for Aces Wild back. Send me a PM if you'd like one. For preference I'd like to get rid of them fairly quickly so that I can be sure that the cunt won't claim them just to be spiteful.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    so I kind of missed what happened, but a forumer took all the keys that a developer gave our community... and is trying to say now that he was doing a favor because someone else was going to skim all the keys eventually...

I assume this person has been banned for being the biggest of geese?

There isn't really any point in banning someone who only signed up to message me and say that they skimmed all the keys. This at least gave me the impetus to chase up a solution to the problem. Hopefully we'll find something that you guys can use for when you give codes away in this thread.

GAF has a pretty good setup for this, where everything's done through a bot via PMs. I'd try to describe it but it'd be easier to just link to their explanation:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Seems like the ideal solution to me, as you can then use it to filter out any users that have only just signed up, have less than x number of posts or whatever.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    so I kind of missed what happened, but a forumer took all the keys that a developer gave our community... and is trying to say now that he was doing a favor because someone else was going to skim all the keys eventually...

I assume this person has been banned for being the biggest of geese?

There isn't really any point in banning someone who only signed up to message me and say that they skimmed all the keys. This at least gave me the impetus to chase up a solution to the problem. Hopefully we'll find something that you guys can use for when you give codes away in this thread.

GAF has a pretty good setup for this, where everything's done through a bot via PMs. I'd try to describe it but it'd be easier to just link to their explanation:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Seems like the ideal solution to me, as you can then use it to filter out any users that have only just signed up, have less than x number of posts or whatever.

Thanks, I'll check that out. My thoughts are to have a clickable spoiler that logs and publically displays who clicked on it. That way if you take a key and don't leave a post everyone can see it.

• Options
    2 keys left after someone decided to buy the game instead. Get 'em while they're hot.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Shouldn't be too hard to whip up a Vanilla plugin that monitors a thread for a keyword and hands out one key to a poster.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Another spare Groupees steam code:

Greed: Black Border: 77HBA-I4FF5-EYI4V

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Napolean total war just haaaadddd to go on sale, didn't it?

Right after this mod gets released too: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-war-mod

EDIT: For those that don't know, Fall of the Samurai is amazing. Pummel silly samurai with breach loading artillery and US/Brit marines.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Aces Wild purchase complete.

You can't win, dick-lurker.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular

Because of that, I've inadvertently trained myself to never ask about a game even when I actually have genuine questions. Bit of a pickle!

PS - Should I buy [redacted]?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    1 Aces Wild code left, you naughty things you.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »

Because of that, I've inadvertently trained myself to never ask about a game even when I actually have genuine questions. Bit of a pickle!

Well, it's not like the steam thread would tell you not to buy REDACTED anyway

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't post in here much because I don't really have the resources to do a lot of gifting and therefore feel very guilty whenever I receive a gift. I'm also generally terrified that someone will ask about a game they gifted me that I haven't played yet.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Dear Steam thread... life sucks today. I need something really funny to play tonight or just goofy and over the top. I was told I either need to be willing to work until 9pm every night, essentially never seeing my wife and kid, or take a move to another position that I'd hate doing, or attempt to screw over a close friend and keep my current shift. Not to overshare in the stream thread but it's a horrible feeling and I just want something to pull me away for the night. I'm thinking Sam and Max... Any other suggestions?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I don't post in here much because I don't really have the resources to do a lot of gifting and therefore feel very guilty whenever I receive a gift. I'm also generally terrified that someone will ask about a game they gifted me that I haven't played yet.

I have perpetual giftee guilt over this issue. No matter how much I want to, I can't possibly play everything I've been gifted. I just hope people who have gifted me things don't ever take it personally - I love every gift equally, even if I can't get to actually playing it until the year 2042...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    X Rebirth is now available for preorder so you should all put down your beer bongs and crack pipes and do so

Because goddamn that fucking game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »

Well, it's not like the steam thread would tell you not to buy REDACTED anyway

Sometimes the thread will tell you not to buy REDACTED.

Then there are five posts commenting on how unusual it is...

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Dear Steam thread... life sucks today. I need something really funny to play tonight or just goofy and over the top. I was told I either need to be willing to work until 9pm every night, essentially never seeing my wife and kid, or take a move to another position that I'd hate doing, or attempt to screw over a close friend and keep my current shift. Not to overshare in the stream thread but it's a horrible feeling and I just want something to pull me away for the night. I'm thinking Sam and Max... Any other suggestions?

Sorry as hell to hear it. I had a job once with shitty employers who wouldn't fire people because they didn't want to deal with unemployment, so they just made your life a living fucking hell with constantly changing schedules and performance requirements until you quit. So I empathize. I hope you find a good way to deal with it.

I'm not sure what game to suggest. Maybe DuckTales Remastered? It's nice and jovial and nostalgic.

Ceno on
  • Options
    BigDes wrote: »
    X Rebirth is now available for preorder so you should all put down your beer bongs and crack pipes and do so

Because goddamn that fucking game

Yeah it looks really fucking good doesn't it? I'm either going to have to ignore it or actually work out a system that will allow me to play it non-compulsively. It'll probably involve literally timing my play sessions.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular

You definitely shouldn't feel any worse about that than all the rest of us do, and I have it on good authority that @tuxkamen frequently breaks into random crying jags when he looks at his library.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Well, I'll make a suggestion of what not to play.... The Walking Dead. That game depresses the Hell outta me!

Duck Tales is a happy fun time if you're nostalgic for that type of thing. But I am not thinking it's worth the $15 bucks I spent for it.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
This discussion has been closed.