As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: Hey guys. I'm Batman.

UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
edited August 2013 in Social Entropy++
Are you ready to ride the roller coaster?

OmGxojT.png

Close your eyes.

Put this on.

Can you see me? Can you see what I'm doing?

"I feel something breathing on my neck, that's weird..."

Yeah it's really realistic.

"Are you sure I shouldn't call my mom?"

Do you want to go faster?

Scream if you want to go faster.

Scream if you want to go faster.

UnbreakableVow on

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I got yolo'd by a dr. Shoals :(

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    VcuTVEQ.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    S-Kill mirror matches are incredibly silly

• Options
    Downloading Divekick now

The wait is killing me

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Add me for Divekick, I'm downloading it now.

Steam profile is in my sig.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Vow would you like to play a few rounds of divekick before I go to bed

• Options
    Vow would you like to play a few rounds of divekick before I go to bed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqbjDbnBWgo

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Figures.

First online round where I'm not having net issues I lose as Baz.

And then my first win is as Jeffailey.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    It's not letting me join

Hold on I'm gonna create a lobby see if you can join me

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I kind of thought jeffailey was a joke character but then I got the shit kicked out of me by one

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Any luck @unbreakable vow

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    to be fair, the entire roster is joke characters more or less.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    to be fair, the entire roster is joke characters more or less.

One of his specials literally does nothing

• Options
    I'm bad at markman

• Options
    I'm bad at a lot of things

• Options
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    A+ OP.

I still don't get the appeal of Dive Kick. Glad people are enjoying it though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Stream is the worst

I love Markman

Especially because his losing scream is "Divekick is Espooooorts"

• Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    A+ OP.

I still don't get the appeal of Dive Kick. Glad people are enjoying it though.

It's the mind games and spacing elements of a fighter without the vertical learning curve of "real" fighters

• Options
    Yeah stream just ain't any good

• Options
    it's a fighting game with all the skill but like, none of the glut of a normal fighting game?

It's just the two of you, some different moves, and dive, and kick.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    whatever skill divekick requires is totally disparate from the skill that other fighting games require

i don't think it's at all accurate to compare the two

• Options
    Yeah

Yeah I think I've found my main in Markman

• Options
    Ok yes now that I get how he plays I love jeffailey

• Options
    Fun times vow good NIGHT

• Options
    Good game Speed

But I do wanna get some SR4 time in tonight

• Options
    edited August 2013
    guys, i hit on a website that just links you to useless websites.

it is the fucking best. It found me this: http://www.partridgegetslucky.com/

Melding on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I got in my copy of Pandora's Tower from Gamestop when it was on sale for half off the other week and the case is completely smashed to the point the cover is torn. Luckily the disc somehow escaped the destruction because Gamestop explicitly says damaged goods cannot be returned and basically to go fuck yourself if the plastic wrap isn't pristine. That'll teach me for buying anything from Gamestop.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Melding stop hitting on websites it makes them uncomfortable.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    So yeah, Divekick is pretty good.

broken image link
  • Options
    The accessibility means it's the kind of fighting game I won't actually mind playing online

Because I'll always feel like I at least have an honest shot

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Got my first ragequit in Divekick

Feels good man

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    The accessibility means it's the kind of fighting game I won't actually mind playing online

Because I'll always feel like I at least have an honest shot

i have lost every ranked game i've played

broken image link
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Guys I have an idea for this Ouya commercial, it involves a guy shitting his pants.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Divekick focuses purely on the spacing and tootsies element of fighting games. Because it is so focused it is easier to get your head around, and the simple controls are nice for new players.

But because it is so focused it can't really offer a lot of the depth and strategy that other fighting games can. The complexity in a good fighting game is often a necessary evil to get the depth of gameplay they offer. (Though unfortunately it is not uncommon for even good fighting games to have one or two things that add complexity without depth, but you stomache that to enjoy the other bits).

I can't wait to get my mitts on a copy of Divekick but my schedule has just been full, I will probably grab it sometime tonight.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Guys I have an idea for this Ouya commercial, it involves a guy shitting his pants.

and the stain it makes on his underwear reads #freethegames I know I have this dream too

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I didn't realize until today that Lego Marvel Superheroes is a next-gen launch title

Watch Dogs is a definite, but I'm still relatively unsold on Assassin's Creed IV

I think Lego Marvel might take its place

• Options
    Oh shit this trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks4tY8dXaVU

I love how colorful it looks (comparatively speaking)

Also really loving Ezio as Batman

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i always liked black mask because as someone who doesn't follow comic backstories too much he always seemed like a dude who was just a straight up mafia boss who went "this city's fucking weird, i need some kind of gimmick for people to take me seriously, fuck, i dunno, i'll wear a mask or some shit", and it was nice to have someone who was really just a mafia dude.

I presume that eventually he was horribly scarred and needed the mask or had it fused to his face or something because comic books, but I liked how he seemed.

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.