As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb: Hey guys. I'm Batman.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    don't tell me if i'm wrong btw because i presume that that's better than the character's actual backstory

liEt3nH.png
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    dang what is it with Brad and FC3 on consoles?

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Oh man, they have Redacted plushes! For $25! That's pretty reasonable, I'm totally--

1Vqnkul.png

-- never mind

broken image link
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    to be fair, the entire roster is joke characters more or less.

One of his specials literally does nothing

Well it also dosen't let your opponent do anything while it's going off.

It's meant to be used to win by time over. (Hence the name, timer scam)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    A+ OP.

I still don't get the appeal of Dive Kick. Glad people are enjoying it though.

It's the mind games and spacing elements of a fighter without the vertical learning curve of "real" fighters

for instance I am horrible at fighting games but I have actually learned several dive kick characters and feel at least moderately proficient at the game. i also already know what all the other characters are going to generally do and can counter them (or at least know what I should be doing to counter them).

It's fantastic and tense and really fun.

edited August 2013
    i always liked black mask because as someone who doesn't follow comic backstories too much he always seemed like a dude who was just a straight up mafia boss who went "this city's fucking weird, i need some kind of gimmick for people to take me seriously, fuck, i dunno, i'll wear a mask or some shit", and it was nice to have someone who was really just a mafia dude.

I presume that eventually he was horribly scarred and needed the mask or had it fused to his face or something because comic books, but I liked how he seemed.

you're actually right.

(the mask is now burned on to his face, but his origin is exactly that - just a dude who put on a black mask because he needed an identity)

Langly on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Langly wrote: »
    i always liked black mask because as someone who doesn't follow comic backstories too much he always seemed like a dude who was just a straight up mafia boss who went "this city's fucking weird, i need some kind of gimmick for people to take me seriously, fuck, i dunno, i'll wear a mask or some shit", and it was nice to have someone who was really just a mafia dude.

I presume that eventually he was horribly scarred and needed the mask or had it fused to his face or something because comic books, but I liked how he seemed.

you're actually right.

(the mask is now burned on to his face, but his origin is exactly that - just a dude who put on a black mask because he needed an identity)

He's just missing the added little spice of why originally Black Mask hates Batman, as well as Bruce Wayne.

Gatsby on
    I love the beginning of this Xcom QL

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love the beginning of this Xcom QL

I just finished watching it

The reviews seem awfully harsh

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I just really liked him freaking out about cockroaches and the horrible turning dizziness.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Nice crash in The Burro Quick Look.

Game doesn't look bad, though. Fun, almost immediate wipe from Brad at the start of manshoot.

it looks way too hectic for a game so devoted to tactics and fucking you for making a wrong move. That's why the isometric turn based works so well.

and the choppiness is really bad.

haha he just sent some dude to hotwire an alien door.

sure boss no problem I'll open this alien door that has technology I can't even imagine, give me like five minutes.

and the choppiness is really bad.

haha he just sent some dude to hotwire an alien door.

sure boss no problem I'll open this alien door that has technology I can't even imagine, give me like five minutes.

Brad has like everything turned all the way up, cause he's Brad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Ha, Jeff getting gently annoyed with Brad's shitty tactics 40 min. in. "Up on the dpad. Up on the dpad, up on the dpad!"

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think that brad might not be the brightest dude

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I'm starting to think that brad might not be the brightest dude

It's hard to talk and play games

But the part where he has everything turned up to ultra and complains about the framerate... yeah

but he sets it to low and it's still not good.

but he sets it to low and it's still not good.

Most games can't reset everything in-game, that probably lowered the AA and a few other things but not PhysX or other intensive processes

Earlier in the Quick Look you can see the game say the changes won't take effect until the game is reset

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Geez, I wake up and both an XCOM expansion and a Diablo III expansion were announced. Both look pretty darn good.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/xcom-enemy-within-announced-tons-of-details

Ceno on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    The new XCOM expansion sounds pretty hot. Can't wait to get back into it!

Also the main character in The Bureau seems laughably generic.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Did they confirm its coming to consoles too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    consoles get nothing

nothing

It is coming to consoles as a standalone game.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    It is coming to consoles as a standalone game.

with slingshot and the elite soldier pack at least

cant believe all the stuff theyre adding

(hoping that the second pack like slingshot is in enemy within and not entirely scrapped)

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    D3 expansion seems preeeetty damn interesting

They're completely reworking a lot of systems, hoping it turns out well

Though, all the changes they've made so far to the game have been damn near universally positive. The amount of work they do on a game which has no monthly fee is kinda nuts. Although they probably take home some amount of scratch from the rmah, but still. Even regular vanilla D3 is drastically different than it was on release.

I'm excited! Although, Diablo's soulstone disintegrated to dust in that final cutscene stop retconning shit from last year blizzard

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It seems like rather than having a new campaign, Enemy Within is going to be a more typical firaxis expansion which just heavily modifies the base game, although with a little bit of new content.

Which sounds awesome, but I was totally pumped for a brand new invasion too.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Guess I won't have time to play my PS4, busy with XCOM again

6F32U1X.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Okay Firaxis MECH cannot be an acronym if the M stands for "Mechanized"

6F32U1X.png
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Divekick is the best holy moly

Played some games with Hullis last night, really digging Redacted

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

Since the reboot, he now has psychic mind-control powers.

Also and I think that was his original backstory (or at least it dates back a while) but he is literally dead, the mask animates him but he's an avatar of death of some kind. He was a Black Lantern at some point.

So nooope he is not a straight mobster villain with a mask gimmick.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »

Also and I think that was his original backstory (or at least it dates back a while) but he is literally dead, the mask animates him but he's an avatar of death of some kind. He was a Black Lantern at some point.

Yeah well

There are maybe 3 things that new 52 didn't make way worse so

It seems like rather than having a new campaign, Enemy Within is going to be a more typical firaxis expansion which just heavily modifies the base game, although with a little bit of new content.

Which sounds awesome, but I was totally pumped for a brand new invasion too.

I imagine that's probably what Jake Solomon is working on, as this secondary team handles the expansion.

edited August 2013
    Diablo III stuff is pretty hot too. The Crusader is precisely the freaking class I wanted when that game first game out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zGp5dkJdi0w
    - The expansion is called Reaper of Souls.
    - The new, playable, mid-range melee class is The Crusader. Focuses on flails, shields and it is inspired by Diablo II's Paladin. Uses "Wrath" as a resource.
    - The level cap is increased to 70. This means new runes and skills for every class. And hopefully a fresh economy on the AH.
    - Act V (probably Westmarch) will be dark, filled with graveyards.
    - The final boss will be Malthael, the angel of death.
    - New monsters will include some nasty fallen angels like The Seraph, The Summoner of Death, The Executioner or the Death Maiden.
    - New endgame feature - Loot Runs: These runs will be completely random dungeons, with several levels and a random boss at the end. Clearing them would take 15-20 minutes.
    - A new ally, The Mystic will appear in town. He's capable of rerolling one of the stats on rare and legendary items. Similar to World of Warcraft, he can also transmogrify (change the look of) items.
    - The Paragon level system will be now account wide, and no longer has a cap (you heard it right).

Ceno on
    SimBen wrote: »

Yeah well

There are maybe 3 things that new 52 didn't make way worse so

1) Sinestro being a good guy again
    2) The entire Court of Owls plotline
    3) The Joker lost his face and hasn't been around (although I'm not caught up and I imagine they've addressed this by now)

Worst thing so far to me is the retconned Mr. Freeze. I've only read the Batman books (and a little Green Lantern) and not all of them so my pool of reference is kinda small.

sig.gif
    Oh also Batman Inc. has been surprisingly great so far.

sig.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Ceno wrote: »

The mech suit has elbow rocket

Holy shit

I am gonna punch so many etherels

Gatsby on
This discussion has been closed.