As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Bone Masquerade: A Horror [Mini-Phalla] (Haunt Victory. Good Night.)

I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boomRegistered User regular
edited September 2013 in Critical Failures
The
9CDNsEE.png
An I Needed a Name To Post and Langly Production

We hope this telegram finds you well. You do not know us, but we know you, and we know the things that you do in your private moments. You keep alive a tradition that began before counties and kings, and we are grateful for it.

Since our forefather Cain first bore the mark upon his skin, we have carried on. The job of murderer is oft regarded with horror and disbelief by the chattel, but we are acutely aware of our necessity. The americans may glamourize and celebrity our role, but such fanfare does not suit us.

We sit in the background, watching the police tape go up, another umbrella in the crowd. We guise ourselves in the masque of society so that none among the sheep start a hysteria. We circle among them, the wolfhound, and wait.

There is a grand tradition among our kind. On this year it falls to the two of us to host, and on you to come. Attendance is not mandatory, but you will ever wonder what you could have become should you have gone. The victorious in this tradition will be elevated, and the defeated?

There are many cellars on the Edenbarrow estate.

In order to know your association with our kind, it is necessary to supply us with a skull. It does not matter from what - or who - it is from. If you are selected, we shall inform you of the necessary details. If selected, you will require nothing other than a mask, one which protects your identity as well as revealing your true nature.

We hope to see you in August.

Sincerely,

Lady-Count Post, Esq.
Lord-Countess Langley, Esq.

Phalla?

Phalla is Penny Arcade's version of the party game Mafia. This is a mini phalla, constructed for 30 players. If you are new to the game, you may want to read a more detailed description and ruleset here. In general, the basic rules are as such:

- You may not screenshot any conversation in an attempt to confirm anything.
- You may not add anyone to an already established pm chain.
- You may make one "ghost post" when you die, which may not contain any game information, and then you may not speak on game events any longer.
- If you create any proboards, you must invite the hosts.
- You must include the hosts in any pms you have with other players.
- You may not edit vote posts.
- You must vote for a player each day until directed otherwise. Going two days without making at least two posts and a vote post will result in your removal from the game.

Voting

Each day, vote for someone you believe to be a member of the mafia in Red. Vote close will be at 10:00 PM EST (7 PM PST). All actions must be in by 9:59. Actions with a time stamp of 10:00 or later will be considered invalid.

Game Specific Rules

This is an experimental phalla, based on the standard mafia vs. village game mode. It can be considered a successor to our previous award-winning Serial Killer Phalla (It won awards.). In this game, every village role is a serial killer. Not in a narrative fluff sense, but in the real, actual phalla role known as the serial killer. Each villager starts with dual win conditions: They may either win with the village, or they may attempt to be the last man standing in the game. The mafia are haunts and ghouls called to the meeting of murderers, bearing the ethereal wrath of the departed.

Traits and Obsessions

Each player (including the mafia) will have a number of Traits, and one Obsession. As this is a Masque, you will enter the event with a decorated mask that will reflect your traits. Rather than being able to just kill anyone right off the bat, players will only be able to actually kill another player who has a trait which matches the attacker's Obsession. For example:
INANTP has the BEAUTIFUL EYES and MAGNIFICENT traits. His Obsession is killing INCOMPETENTS. Langly has the HORRID BREATH and INCOMPETENT traits. He is Obesessed with killing LARGE NOSED people. So when INANTP targets Langly, Langly will be killed. If Langly targeted INANTP, however, his attack would miss.

This system will mean that your traits will be very important to your safety. Reveal them at your peril.

Further TRAIT and OBSESSION mechanics will be expounded upon later.

Village Victory / Serial Killer Victory

If/When the mafia is eliminated from the game, everyone left will lose their obsession and have it replaced with a true kill. The narrations will also stop flavoring the kills to give any hints about where the kill came from. Voting will continue as normal, however players will not be inactivus punished for not voting at this point.

Each day after the mafia is eliminated, each player must either

- send in an order saying that they wish to win with the village
- send in a kill order

If a player sends in an order to win with the village they may not take any other action. Play will continue until either all of the surviving villagers confirm their desire to lay down their arms, or until one player remains.

The mafia can win as normal.

This Phalla has been balanced to give everyone a fair shot at winning, but with experimental mechanics, there is always the chance that something could go horribly wrong. The main goal here is to have a crazy, hilarious phalla that everyone will hopefully have a fun time with.

If you would like to sign up, you must make a post in lime green listing your skull of preference. Regular !Sign up posts will be deemed un-professional and not accepted.

(this is just a fun sign up thing, everyone is welcome to sign up)

Great Britain does not recognize celebrity serial killers. No slots have been reserved.

Anticipated Clarifications
- What is the order of actions?

The vote comes first, then all actions are resolved simultaneously

- Thralls/millers?

Clarification Denied

- Conversions?

There are no conversions

- Ties?

A tied vote will kill both targets

- Are the reserved people promised special roles etc?

This clarification is only here because the previous clarifications were copy/pasted.

liEt3nH.png
I needed anime to post. on

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Reservations:

1. Assuran - Offspring. Collectively. Curiously, only one skull.
    2. premium - A small skull. Beard impossibly attached.
    3. Ketbra - A boat. The creak of wood. Smoldering.
    4. enlightenedbum - An unnervingly large carapace.
    5. SLyM - Reptillian skull, slightly tarnished by sulfur.
    6. Invictus - Bedazzled Skull.
    7. Mikey CTS - A Translucent, fragile thing, that catches the light with its teeth.
    8. Grunt's Ghost - A thoroughly surprised skull.
    9. The Anonymous - A baker's dozen.
    10. Kime - A screaming skull.
    11. The Ender - A Kidney, the Skull of the Intestines.
    12. Phyphor - A Throne of Skulls
    13. Zombie Hero - The Shattered pieces that certainly once served as a skull.
    14. Obifett - An anonymous skull of Some Renown.
    15. Capfalcon - The Skull of a Beast's Mother
    16. Void Slayer - An Unrepentant Skull
    17. Matev - A Safari of Skulls
    18. Buddha73 - A Skull with a Stowaway
    19. Tzeentchling - An ancient relic of an honored murder
    20. Jpants - An Onyx skull, Wreathed in Shadow.
    21. Vertroue - The Skull of a cultural construct.
    22. Kaplar - The Skull of a Giant Beast of Despair.
    23. Nion - Old, older than the world as we know it, but not older than our craft.
    24. Lucedes - The Skull of a troublesome hedonist.
    25. Alegis - An example of our evolutionary triumph.
    26. Blahmcblah - A Shakespearean Skull.
    27. CesareB - A Snack Sized Skull.
    28. Jdarksun - A Watchful Skull.
    29. MRTlicious - A Vengeful Skull
    30. Gizzy - A large, heavy thing, covered in faults and pink spikes

Regrets:

1. Smasher
    2. Mill
    3. Auralynx
    4. Cythraul
    5. Bedlam

Narrations:
    Day 0 - A Seance
    Day 1 - Social Butterflies
    Day 2 - There is Only Climax
    Woof 3 - Bark Bark Grind Butt On Floor
    Day 4 - Accidental Murder Best Murder
    Day 5 - Eyeballs are Eyeballs
    Day 6 - I Have No Regrets
    Day 7 - Final Waltz

Langly on
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Offspring, what do you say about this game?

If we don't make it alive, it's a hellavu good day to die.

And here's my skull, I took the liberty of cleaning it myself.

Assuran on
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Dwarf Skull
    did I do that right?

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I prefer quad scull

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Skulls are for beings with endoskeletons

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Hello there

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    wait that isn't green

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    I shall be bringing a single skull, partially cleaned, from an abnormally large Hellbender

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Hm. Well, I had intended to take a week or so off at the beginning of the term, but this I can't pass up, actually.

Mine is a jeweled skull, of course.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Mine is of the crystal skull variety.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    MikeyCTS

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    The skull of kime, ripped from his body, but I left him alive... until I beat him to death with it!

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    One skull?

No.

Countless human skulls neatly arranged in a row, each wholly dyed in the filthy blood of its prior holder.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    rawr

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    FromHellLetter.jpg

I brought a kidney instead of a skull

I'm sure you won't find this to be a problem.

With Love and Courage
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I sit on a throne of skulls, each of my many kills, all village

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I reserve to drink the blood out of the skulls of my enemies because I'm interested, but I had Circumstances pop up last time and can't 100% guarantee it wouldn't happen again.

Smasher on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Can someone translate that letter?

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    This skull is missing a large part of its cranium. It's previous owner must have suffered a grievous head wound. Somehow.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I bring the skull of A Nameless Killer, cleansed by Heaven and and marked by Hell

ObiFett on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Can someone translate that letter?

From Hell

Mr Lusk Sor I send you half the Kidne I took from one women prasarved it for you

tother piece I fried and ate it was very nise.

I may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer.

signed

Catch me when you Can Mishter Lusk

With Love and Courage
    edited August 2013
    nvm

I'm liking the sign up listings

ObiFett on
    His Reservation has been amended.

ketbra is your nautical shanty an aural signup

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    My skull is a trophy from the hunt of my life in the wild lands on the edge of civilization. I spent what felt like days going through the brush, looking for the slightest clue of its passing. I always keep a photo of the monster close at hand, usually in my pocket. Here it is.

YMycOOs.png

Capfalcon on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    The skull is from a hypocrite, who had every chance to repent.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    A collection of animal skulls, though what kind of animals, no one can say...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Reserve. Have some things coming up, so I don't know how my schedule will look. Anyways, I leave these here for now. *Drops what looks like a robotic skull and what is definitely that of a fox's skull.*

• Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    I walk up to the door, knock, and when it is answered, i reveal a large human skull with my pet snake slithering threw the eye sockets.

Good Evening.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »

Are those the skulls of all the pokemon that were slain in the last phalla?

It should be mentioned that if we fill all spaces for the Masque, the festivities will begin tomorrow evening, and no sooner. Please do not show up early.

Only the cellars are ready, currently.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    No way I'm missing this one.

I submit the skull of John the Baptist.

I don't get it.

ObiFett wrote: »
    I don't get it.

John the Baptist was beheaded as a martyr

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »

Are those the skulls of all the pokemon that were slain in the last phalla?

They're not not.... ^^

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I bring a skull darker than shadow

Langly wrote: »
    I don't get it.

I know that. :P

But with the two awesomes on it I thought there might be some phalla connection I wasn't aware of.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I don't get it.

I know that. :P

But with the two awesomes on it I thought there might be some phalla connection I wasn't aware of.

Not that I'm aware of, but it implied to me that the tzeentchling is some kind of ageless being responsible for the death of St. John the Baptist. And, you know, that seemed neat for the horror theme.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    It's one of the oldest and most treasured of my collection. I thought it fitting tribute to Messrs-Mmes Langley and Post.