As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BROBA] Solve world hunger. Never stop feeding.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Man why isn't Lucian out yet? I'm really pumped for him and have been for months now

he's out now, I think

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Phage got an intriguing change: it (as well as Trinity Force and Entropy) will grant movement speed on hit instead of having a chance of slow. Did they just give Vayne a new item to stack with her passive even worse?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Banner of Command and Ohmwrecker are core items in my Nami build.

I have probably built more of those items than everyone else in the world put together. I guess I kinda feel sorry for them!

broken image link
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Butters wrote: »
    Phage got an intriguing change: it (as well as Trinity Force and Entropy) will grant movement speed on hit instead of having a chance of slow. Did they just give Vayne a new item to stack with her passive even worse?

pretty much, yeah

it also grants armor instead of hp right? or something

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    no the armor change was removed

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    oh thank god

I hated that part

7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited August 2013
    You'll probably still want to rush BRK first with Vayne but maybe now Trinity Force would be a good idea afterward instead of Phantom Dancer. It's far more expensive but her options after her third item (besides boots) are less consequential.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh shit Lucian's log in is so so Blade

• Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Also arcade hecarim is on sale right now until the 25th when it will go up to 1350.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
    they'll probably have it on sale again next week during pax

or at least riot blitz for sale again

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I'm guessing (hoping) forecast janna will be on sale for about 1350 when she comes out.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    I didn't think legendaries were going to be on sale first week but I forget if they said that was going to change back when the skin prices were overhauled

Pretty sure Spirit Guard Udyr was released on sale and went up after the first week.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    That's an 'ultimate' skin, and they do that for those

i dont think they've done it for 'legendary'

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Ultimate skins have the slight discount on release because they're really expensive. Legendaries are never discounted except for those old ones they discontinued a while back.
    You'll probably still want to rush BRK first with Vayne but maybe now Trinity Force would be a good idea afterward instead of Phantom Dancer. It's far more expensive but her options after her third item (besides boots) are less consequential.
    Vayne scales way too hard for Triforce to ever be a good idea.

Well I just had my first game with it and I was chasing down whomever the hell i wanted even after they flashed.

Can you explain what you mean?

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Yo @Stimtokolos could give me some heroes that commonly show up in aggressive tri-lanes? I was thinking of what characters I could take into an aggressive trilane / try to convince pubs to aggressive trilane with and I couldn't think of anyone except Juggernaut and Mirana

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Well I just had my first game with it and I was chasing down whomever the hell i wanted even after they flashed.

a lot of the stats on triforce dont make sense because they dont help with vayne's scaling

ap, mana, and the sheen effects seem the most obvious

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    I know she doesn't need AP or mana but the bonus from Sheen helps and she doesn't really need heavy AD thanks to her E

she scales hardest off just auto attacking because of her W. the sheen proc is nice on her q and e but she'd still do more damage from just straight up auto attacking rather then stopping to use her abilities. plus you're going to want to save the q and e in teamfights for repositioning and stunning/pushing people away, not use them as much as possible to proc TF.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Triforce is an item that does a bunch of little things. It does them competently, but not well. Very few champions ever say "I want to be slightly better at everything." Most of the time you want to specialize - Vayne is a great example as Vayne really wants to specialize in murdering a motherfucker. While she does do % True Damage, she still right clicks and she still has a 2s 50% AD onnexthit steroid. Way back when Vayne was first released Triforce was a really popular item on her because everyone went "omg trifroce! it does everything!" but as the game has developed people have realized "Oh, Triforce. It does everything. And because of that it doesn't do any of it impressively."

It's really rare to actually see a Triforce built competitively and changing the slow to a MS boost probably won't change that.

liEt3nH.png
    edited August 2013

Triforce is good on champions with low ability scaling and a way to spam the sheen proc (such as Corki and Jax) because they get some utility and the sheen proc adds to their damage more meaningfully than straight AD/AP. Vayne's scaling with stats is insane, so doesn't make sense to go for a utility build. You're paying 1200 gold for about 150 damage every 2 seconds because she can't use the AP and doesn't need the mana. Or you could spend that gold on a pickaxe and long sword, which in an auto tumble auto adds 122 damage, plus all your other auto attacks and crit. It's not the worst thing in the world, but if you want to run fast, there are better options (Shiv gives as much MS as the phage AA proc all the time), and if you want to do damage there are much better options.
    Naphtali wrote: »
    she scales hardest off just auto attacking because of her W. the sheen proc is nice on her q and e but she'd still do more damage from just straight up auto attacking rather then stopping to use her abilities. plus you're going to want to save the q and e in teamfights for repositioning and stunning/pushing people away, not use them as much as possible to proc TF.
    Tumble resets your AA timer, you absolutely want to spam it.

Coinage on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Bought Lucien, tried to play him, he was banned in every game I played by the other team

Bucketman wrote: »
    Bought Lucien, tried to play him, he was banned in every game I played by the other team
    Consider yourself lucky your team didn't ban him :P

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    that phage change makes me go ewww

basically the entire reason I bought it wasn't because I wanted people to not be able to get away, it was because I wanted to kill them before they got away (to a tower or their team or whatever) If I can kill someone in 4 seconds and it takes them 3 seconds to get to their tower, I want a phage to make it so it takes them 5 seconds to get to their tower. I don't want to be able to chase them into their tower quicker.

What was the reason they said for that change anyway? I never saw one.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they wanted the situation you exactly described to not happen

liEt3nH.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    You still have frozen mallet to do exactly that, but better.

broken image link
    they also wanted to remove the RNG from the phage proc

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    except by the time frozen mallet is something you can buy one of the towers are probably already dead.

I can understand them not wanting phage to win top by itself but they basically just made furor boots and new phage fill the exact same role?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    scrub dota in 10

add: Efrenchlove

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    guys how the fuck do you deal with bounty hunter
    I was support lich, I bought as many sentry wards as I could afford, which was not many because he kept killing me anyway

BahamutZERO.gif
    guys how the fuck do you deal with bounty hunter
    I was support lich, I bought as many sentry wards as I could afford, which was not many because he kept killing me anyway

Alone you probably aren't gonna do a ton, and keep in mind sentries give no vision themselves so you can only see him via the sentries if you could've seen him if he wasn't stealthed

also: tri-lanes, if there's two supports runnin' around together the odds of him getting a successful gank off are slim without him being fed

edited August 2013
    I knew that was how sentries worked already, I put them in the lane to cover me and the juggernaut I was trying to get farmed while we moved with minions, but they cost a lot when you are dying as much as I was. I only started buying sentries after the second time he killed me so he probably already had quite a bit of gold advantage. This was low level play so I don't think our top lane would have been able to deal with the 2v1 if we had tried trilaning, but I'll keep that in mind next time I end up in that situation.

e: also it's bullshit that going invisible prevents bouncing spells like lich ult from targeting you

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    basically I hate lich and I'm never going to support as anything without some hard CC again

BahamutZERO.gif
    Lich is great you shut up

But I think he sees more play as an offlane than a support once you get up there a little in mmr since he's great at harass and whittling down people

edited August 2013
    is he? he feels terrible at harass to me, frost nova does shit damage. It feels like his only good source of damage is his long-cooldown, highly situational ult and his only decent laning tool is the infinite mana+denial of his E.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    is he? he feels terrible at harass to me, frost nova does shit damage. It feels like his only good source of damage is his long-cooldown, highly situational ult and his only decent laning tool is the infinite mana+denial of his E.

You can frost nova basically as often as you want though, and in an offlane you're denying experience and farm from their carry

When I say whittle them down I mean over like 5-6 minute periods, Lich is a long-con in hero form when you offlane with him; you make them expend their regen items from frost novas and eventually they won't regen faster than you can nova and it's just tick tick tick tick until they go back to base and you start over because ha ha infinite mana

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    were you in hard lane as lich? cause that's no fun with bh in the game

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Yo @Stimtokolos could give me some heroes that commonly show up in aggressive tri-lanes? I was thinking of what characters I could take into an aggressive trilane / try to convince pubs to aggressive trilane with and I couldn't think of anyone except Juggernaut and Mirana

Everyone disagrees with me on most of what I think is good.

High range and durability is the most important thing.

Anything that creates a difference in auto attack damage between you and your opponents (luna rubick), high burst, reliable disengages.

Naix, Visage, Luna, Rubick (best hero). Probably alch. Naga is okay depending on what.

Luna + 2 600 range supports is really fucking strong.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Bahamut, maybe you were positioning yourself really poorly? I like lich against someone like BH because, like hunters said, you just spam ice nova on him then consume your own creeps to pull the lane and regain mana.

It is kinda hard since neither of you had stuns to stop him slipping in a cheeky crit and running away so yeah, sentries by a few minutes in would have helped

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
This discussion has been closed.