As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Roegadyn seem to be the least common, especially female Roegadyn. That said, the cat people look surprisingly good, and the Elezen just look weird to me. Your standard Hyur also look fine. I personally won't play a Lalafell, but if that's your thing then go for that.

Also, I'm mildly peeved that female Roegadyn cannot be as tall as the males. Still fun talking to a Lalafell NPC though, it looks like their little necks are going to snap as they stare up at me.

I think Elezen are actually rarer than Roegadyn last time I checked.

Yeah, someone posted a poll graphic from a few weeks ago and Elezen and Roegadyn were neck in neck for least played (or least desired to play depending on how the poll was phrased).

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    F87 wrote: »
    Well, I still can't decide. Hyur WHM or MRD...? Heals or tank? It makes it much easier on me knowing I could eventually do both. But the stats aren't the same, so I guess I need to pick caster or melee and stick with it.

Also, why do you guys say the PA FC wont stick together?

Stat increases and gear are by class so you don't actually have to pick one and stick with it

Have you tried out either of the classes in beta4? Because that could make your decision easier.

edit: other points to consider: starting CNJ means starting in Gridania. MRD start in Limsa Lominsa. Forest or Seashore? Kan-E-Senna or Merlwyb? Woodsmen or Pirates? Miounne or Baderon?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Well, I still can't decide. Hyur WHM or MRD...? Heals or tank? It makes it much easier on me knowing I could eventually do both. But the stats aren't the same, so I guess I need to pick caster or melee and stick with it.

Some games end up with a lasting PA presence, others get abandoned really fast. The community as a whole is very picky about how they spend their time, with all these shiny games around to play! With any new release folks are weighing their interest and the potential of a disappointing migration.

GW2 is an example of the community sticking around. Neverwinter is one of it just kinda drying up.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    So who has gotten their subscriptions? Also for those that have, how did you do it?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

yo fyi the stats are by class, so when you level up as a caster class it's got its own stats, separate from the stats you'd get as a melee class - you level them up separately and can switch back and forth, picking up where you left off

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I don't think the subscription is available yet. I don't see a huge point on signing up for a subscription just yet, unless you really want the veteran rewards I guess? You either have the 30 days from the purchase or the 14 days from Legacy, so no rush.

steam_sig.png
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Am I the only person who still calls all these races by their old FFXI names? Galka, Hume, Mithra, and Taru roll off the tongue a lot easier than Roegadyn, Hyur, Miquo'te, and (groan) Lalafell. Elvaan/Elezen I'm kind of neutral on.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Here I am, sitting in an airport on launch eve.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    ugh god now i really want to play

maybe i should just sleep for the next 8 hours

fuck gendered marketing
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I'll call the Roegadyns Galkas cause it rolls off the tongue easier.

Hyur, Humes, whatever will always be Humans because come on, wtf SE?

Taru / Lalafell is a tough one. Both names are fun to say.

Mithra I'll call Miquo'te cause I like the way that rolls off the tongue, like peyote. :P

Elvaan/Elezen (like the Humes) will always be Elves to me.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Saw this on the maintenance screen:

As of August 23, 2013, the following issues have been confirmed in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

- An issue wherein the companion action "Choco Medica" does not recover HP properly.
    * We plan to address this issue via a hot fix as soon as possible.

- An issue wherein the "manor sentries" that appear in the instanced dungeon "Haukke Manor" become stuck and prevent players from progressing through the instanced dungeon.
    * Please be sure to fight the "manor sentries" on the second floor of the Haukke Manor until the issue is addressed.
    * If you encounter this issue, please open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."

- Due to a critical issue that we have identified in the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace," the instanced dungeon will not be available at launch.
    * Please note that while the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace" will show up in the Duty Finder, it will be inaccessible. Please refrain from joining the instanced dungeon until the issue is addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- An issue wherein if a player completes a primal battle while KO'd, the option to return to your home point will not appear.
    * If you encounter this issue, please have a party member revive you or open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."

- An issue wherein if a player joins an instance via the Duty Finder, they occasionally become immobilized after leaving the instance.
    * If you encounter this issue, please contact a GM by selecting the "Support Desk" option under the system menu.

- An issue wherein certain cutscenes viewed from the "The Unending Journey" located in inn rooms will always play from the beginning.

- An issue wherein the icons on the market boards occasionally appear incorrectly while a player is experiencing lag.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally lose control of their character while fighting a certain monster in the instanced dungeon "The Sunken Temple of Qarn."
    * If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein the game client may freeze if a player attempts to log out while their character configuration screen is open.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein the cursor location of the Crafting Log will occasionally appear in the incorrect location and prevents the players from controlling their characters.
    * If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally be unable to take a screenshot.
    * If the screenshot fails, the message "Screenshot failed." will appear.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So, I still don't seem to be able to download the actual game client. I have the launcher, it's 100 megs, it won't pull down anything else. When I log in, it tells me

" No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Proper registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station is required.

* Users participating in early access must also complete registration by August 30, 2013. Using the code enclosed with your package, please complete registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station. "

I registered my preorder code for PS3, so I'm confused why I'm not getting the "wait for early access" message other people are.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    So, I still don't seem to be able to download the actual game client. I have the launcher, it's 100 megs, it won't pull down anything else. When I log in, it tells me

" No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

* Users participating in early access must also complete registration by August 30, 2013. Using the code enclosed with your package, please complete registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station. "

I registered my preorder code for PS3, so I'm confused why I'm not getting the "wait for early access" message other people are.

did you set up a service account on your ps3? was it a new service account or did it tie into an existing account?

fuck gendered marketing
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

You can do what I did.

"Pre-order" the game, get the code, redeem it, activate the account, cancel pre-order.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    More specifically:

- I have an account from 1.0. I have been using this to access the beta.
    - I preodered the PS3 version of the game. I got a code from Amazon.
    - Went to http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/, logged in with my account to register my Amazon code.
    - Registering the Amazon code gave me a PS3 promo code, which I was able to use in the PS Store to download the digital copy of ARR.
    - Downloaded the PC Launcher from the link in the OP
    - Logged in using the same account as referenced above, but it doesn't seem to recognize that I had a preorder code and should have early access.

More specifically:

- I have an account from 1.0. I have been using this to access the beta.
    - I preodered the PS3 version of the game. I got a code from Amazon.
    - Went to http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/, logged in with my account to register my Amazon code.
    - Registering the Amazon code gave me a PS3 promo code, which I was able to use in the PS Store to download the digital copy of ARR.
    - Downloaded the PC Launcher from the link in the OP
    - Logged in using the same account as referenced above, but it doesn't seem to recognize that I had a preorder code and should have early access.

I did this, and now you need to launch the game on your PS3 and follow the steps to

A) link your PSN and squenix accounts and
    B) add the preorder code to your existing 1.0 service account

then you can patch on the PC

fuck gendered marketing
    Aha. Thanks!

• VanityPantsVanityPants Gokai Red! Registered User regular
    @F87 I'm trying to decide, too! CNJ or GLD for me, just not sure which. I played CNJ a bit during the beta and I actually had a ton of fun with it. Running the first dungeon was fun and I always felt like there was something for me to be doing. I didn't get much of a chance to play GLD, but I like the idea of tanking.

Guess I'll just have to try both!

Also: I'm super jealous of all you early access folk. I'm non-legacy 1.0 and the wait until Tuesday seems like it's approximately 5,000 years.

Can't wait to get back in the game!

Gokai_zpsdvyiviz0.png
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    @BlueBlue
    @Elldren

AWESOME. Separate stats for each job makes me feel a lot better! Good design.

Kan-E-Senna seems like a classy gal and I like the the Hyur, so I think I'm pretty sure of what I want to roll on Sargatanas!

Now, do we have a FC planned out? Surely someone can save a spot for ol' F87.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Hah ps3 bugs. I'm wondering, does Squeenix have a deal with Sony for patches or do they have to go through all the submission hoops for every single patch they release like most games do?

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    @BlueBlue
    @Elldren

Kan-E-Senna seems like a classy gal and I like the the Hyur, so I think I'm pretty sure of what I want to roll on Sargatanas!

We are @~120/512 in the FC. Sorry we are full! (jk of course you can join!) tomorrow if the server is closed please keep trying through out the day. My wife had to wait a few hours before getting in last weekend.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    Didn't they tweet or something that they already had plans to be rotating access to them based on load in the starting areas

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    @BlueBlue
    @Elldren

It's actually separate stats for each class iirc.

The only current class this effects is Arcanist, since Summoner will be Int based and Scholar Mnd. Everything else currently, don't hesitate, but if someone is maining Arcanist off the bat, plan ahead.

They've said there will be ways to respec, but it won't be quick/easy so you're not gonna be switching between Scholar and Summoner on the fly (and have optimal stats anyway, you'll still be able to do it for not-raid content fine probably).

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    i still have like 8 respec items from 1.0 I wonder if they work still :x

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    @GregUSN
    Oh man, I didn't think about that. If I can't get started when I get up tomorrow, I will flip out!

@TheDudeWithHerpes

OK, I was getting confused on the classes/jobs, but I getcha now.

In an unrelated note: I have no idea how to tag people with spaces in their username.

F87 on
    @GregUSN
    Oh man, I didn't think about that. If I can't get started when I get up tomorrow, I will flip out!

@TheDudeWithHerpes

OK, I was getting confused on the classes/jobs, but I getcha now.

In an unrelated note: I have no idea how to tag people with spaces in their username.

Quotes.

So for my name it is @ "The Dude With Herpes"

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Guys all the raid / voice chat on the previous page scared me. I've never been a part of a guild in a game before. I usually just game with my buddies.

A couple of them are playing this with me, how will the FC deal with that? Can my buddies join up despite not being pa members?

There's 3 of us total, so clearly we need to have jolly fun times with a bigger group to get the most out of this.

But yeah, I've never "raided" before. I'm probably pretty terrible at this whole mmo thing. Please don't yell at me!

616610-1.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Guys all the raid / voice chat on the previous page scared me. I've never been a part of a guild in a game before. I usually just game with my buddies.

A couple of them are playing this with me, how will the FC deal with that? Can my buddies join up despite not being pa members?

There's 3 of us total, so clearly we need to have jolly fun times with a bigger group to get the most out of this.

But yeah, I've never "raided" before. I'm probably pretty terrible at this whole mmo thing. Please don't yell at me!

They dont have to be PA members, my friend got in. Just be sure to get them to sign up at the guild website. Http://gitl.enjin.com

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    8 hours, 20 minutes...this day is going by so freaking slowly.

I've read that Neo gaf thing like 5 times...is there a website with non spoilery lore I can read to pass the time?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Don't forget to get the 1GB patch that they released this morning!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    Grove wrote: »

I've read that Neo gaf thing like 5 times...is there a website with non spoilery lore I can read to pass the time?

You could probably squeeze in a full game of the original Final Fantasy before launch!

steam_sig.png
    Aumni wrote: »
    Don't forget to get the 1GB patch that they released this morning!

SHIT, THX

CD World Tour status:
    edited August 2013
    so is the game updatable right now?

I only hesitate to check myself because someone yesterday mentioned causing some errors with their launcher by trying.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited August 2013
    i'm updating right now
    an alleged 10 min and i'll let you know how it does

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • BaconnaiseBaconnaise All bacon everythang Registered User regular

I only hesitate to check myself because someone yesterday mentioned causing some errors with their launcher by trying.

It sure is! Just started downloading a 1 GB patch when I signed in.

FFXIV Jacqui Jangles
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

You could probably squeeze in a full game of the original Final Fantasy before launch!

Oh god. You just did this to me didn't you?

616610-1.png
    Seems to have gone fine, now just says to wait for launch

CD World Tour status:

I had issues because I downloaded the beta client through a torrent, and that resulted in the directories being read only. Once I fixed that, all good.

steam_sig.png
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Oh god. You just did this to me didn't you?

World record times seem to be around 4 hours for FF1, 2h30m for FF2, FF3 around 40m, and FF4 with 2h30m, so if your real good you could fit most of that in time.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    So it's 5am EST this starts or 6am EST?

This discussion has been closed.