As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Word is that the secondary class for Dragoon isn't pugilist, but marauder. Anyone know if that's true or not?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    This game doesn't lock you to just one server for your entire account, does it? They just mean the character created can't hop servers?

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    This game doesn't lock you to just one server for your entire account, does it? They just mean the character created can't hop servers?

The latter.

• OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    Eclipse Highwind is born on Ultros. Msg me if you want to noobily noob through the game with another noob.
    2z4z7va.png

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    AND good morning! Got in first try :P

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Finally saw my first cutscene with the sword in the stump.

Holy fuck this game is gorgeous. I can't imagine it with higher res textures and DX11. The art style carries it so damn well.

Edit: My char on Gilgamesh
    iXG5euFNbR99M.jpg

Suriko on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    So I guess people seem to be getting in okay? Awesome.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Game seems to be working well. I could use a Free Company invite on Ruby Heliconia if anybody gets a chance.

steam_sig.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Duty Finder is melted, errors whenever you try to join up

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Instances don't seem to be working so great. I got stuck standing outside the first story instance thing.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm stuck on a story instance, just won't load up.

Good time for a break though, really enjoying it so far.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Same here, stuck on the story instance.

But man I'm having a blast. I made a hyur marauder on Sargatanas!

Could someone invite Duraga Eldrigs to the FC?

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    ok i'm up time to log in

oh, the world is full

on preorders only

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited August 2013
    F87 wrote: »

Cannot locate a character with that name

ok found you, Duraga Edrigs

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    F87 wrote: »

Cannot locate a character with that name

Ah, fuck. I spelled my own name wrong! It's "Duraga Edrigs" oopsie. Got the invite!

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Why is all my gear pink?
    Nw614Fn.jpg

Rizzi on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    New adventurers get hazed by the tailors.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    accidentally got the ps3 early access key so I played that

it's definitely a different experience. I think the fact that the game is more zoomed in (compared to how I have it on the PC) and the way the UI and the controls work on the gamepad (which are designed really well) give it a much more immersive feel to it. I'm no longer trying to do things quickly with my keyboard and mouse (as a result of playing so many MMO's) I'm just relaxing and playing the game like I would a single player RPG.

it feels nice.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Why is all my gear pink?
    Nw614Fn.jpg
    Ah, I remember that phase. You'll eventually move on to an awesome set of red armor with apparently blue jean pants underneath. :P

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Dunno if the FC is up, but I made a new char on Sargatanas named Talon Starke. 4 players in queue ahead of me...

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So despite my strong apprehension about this game after playing the beta, I went ahead and purchased it... mainly because it was pretty cheap on GMG and that so many of you here are gushingly-enthusiastic about it, I figure there must be something I missed.

Anyhow, got my Neko Neko on Sargatanas named Sophia Crookshanks, and wouldn't mind a guild invite if anyone is about. :)

Toxic Pickle on
    Wewt, I'm in-game. Would like an invite as well, please. :) Talon Starke, again. I'll be deleting the other one.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Oh except it's going down for maintenance :(

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    The instance servers need their hamsters changed, so hopefully they get that fixed up.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, looks like emergency maintenance, probably to fix the Duty/Instance issues.

Just saw the notice as I was in a cutscene. Did they mention how long it might be?

yeah all the instanced stuff was broken so it's probs to fix that

CD World Tour status:
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Down for 3 hours (or until the servers comes up again).

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Darn shoulda got to a sanctuary for the mantainance

616610-1.png
  • MyntMynt Registered User regular
    Looks like maintenance will be going on till 11PDT... So 3 hours

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    looks like 3 hour maint

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    When they do come up, can I snag an invite for Ghost in the Linkshell? Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn on Sargatanas

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Got an iffrit run in before the down time. That fight is a bit harder than the the dungeons up to that point. Guess people will have problems not standing in the fire!

What level is the Ifrit encounter? I'm level 21 right now, and my active story quest is "Lord of the Inferno."

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I blame maintenance on the fact I just had made plans to go golfing with a buddy. FF gods were all "well if he's not gunna play, screw it, bring the whe thing down."

I'm on 3 hours of sleep, (thanks final fantasy 1) and am in the best mood. Feel like a kid again.

616610-1.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What level is the Ifrit encounter? I'm level 21 right now, and my active story quest is "Lord of the Inferno."

Right after that quest. And he's lvl20-22.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm selfish and glad that gives me time to do my errands without feeling like I'm missing out on day 1 shenannigans

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Holy Moley, what a needlessly cumbersome pre-order process.

But I'm finally downloading the game files, so the end is near.

8.3 Gig coming down the line, baby.

Fairchild on
    I'm going to go out to breakfast with some friends! Real world activities! Yay!

(I'd rather be playing Final Fantasy)

This discussion has been closed.