As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Does Ifrit drop a ton of good loot? Is he worth running multiple times?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Saw this one Twitter:

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR Starts With a Bang and More than 140,000 Players Connected at the Same Time

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Well, this gives me time to fix my problems. I can't see any reference to a ps3 issue with being unable to update patch files, errors 11006, 20814, and 20831. I'm assuming it was ok that I installed the file a couple of days ago, and it wasn't some sort of exclusive beta file?

The solution to this problem on the pc is to delete beta files, but that doesn't clearly apply here.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It seems like I cannot get the US world list.

Edit: Ah. I see. There is emergency maintenance going on in the US/UK worlds.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, as first impressions go, I am already absolutely loving this game! It's (for me personally at least) been one of the smoothest and least painful initial start ups of any MMO I've ever played, and even the emergency maintenance has done little to dampen my enthusiasm.

The oddest thing is this is really recapturing the sense of 'oooooh, shiny' that I got the very first time I played WoW (my first ever proper MMO).

Everything bodes well!

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    Damn. That's some good game. I need to sleep. But I don't. But I do.

:rotate:

Thanks Square <3

• Options
    Must have chocobo.

• Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I died in the fight and watched the cutscene. There was no loot when I came back. I hope thats not the case normally.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Got my baby ARC to 11. Spent a couple levels just murdering giant enemy crabs and catching fates, since I couldn't do the instanced quests I had.

Good times with Carbuncle!

Getting to have the heavy debuff is really handy. Miasma saves me oodles of damage taken, particularly when Carbuncle has his knockback charged.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

I died in the fight and watched the cutscene. There was no loot when I came back. I hope thats not the case normally.

Hmm yeah, I hope so too.

Is Ifrit considered a part of the story progression? I'm mostly just interested in earning my chocobo right now, but I'd also like to kill him as well.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I started leveling as a Blacksmith once I found out I couldn't queue up for dungeons. Got to level 7 Blacksmithing and realized I was making the tools that some of the other crafting classes use, so I'll have a good start when I decide to level those up.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Ifrit at 20 is just story I think. Basically it's your tutorial on raid bosses and the many nasty things they can do. Pretty fun fight, I ran out of mana healing it because at least half the party ate avoidable AE every single time. I was guilty of also getting hit with the first one, but then I realized either his warning animation is different, or the ground partially obscures the normal one, and I adjusted and was fine. Good times!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    So once you run out of quests in an area and want to, say, level up another class there, do you just have to spam leves? what about when you run out of leve allowance?

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Frei wrote: »
    So once you run out of quests in an area and want to, say, level up another class there, do you just have to spam leves? what about when you run out of leve allowance?

Hunting logs. Guildleaves. Questing in a different area that's the same level. Running dungeons (once the class is 15+). Grinding with the chain-mob bonus (which stacks higher in parties if you want to form a grind party for faaaaaaaaast exp).

Also, hit every Fate near your level you come across.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Yeah I got to 8, then couldn't do my story mission so I went a finished all the side quests available outside Limsa Limosa and got to 9. I think I will level my MRD to 15, then grab some other job levels + craft.

Also, I'm surprised at how few lvl 50's we have in the FC. Maybe they are on alts?

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Ugh let me back in!

Didn't someone make a bad joke earlier about our servers going to be inferior >_>

Leveling pugilist is less terrible then I remember in open beta also for my Bard sub.

• Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular

Hmm yeah, I hope so too.

Is Ifrit considered a part of the story progression? I'm mostly just interested in earning my chocobo right now, but I'd also like to kill him as well.

You will need to kill Ifrit to progress to the point where you can join a grand company and then buy your chocobo.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular

He drops no loot. Just do it once for the quest/exp.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    So are the servers actually up? On the lodestone it says all the NA/EU ones are in maintenance.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    So are the servers actually up? On the lodestone it says all the NA/EU ones are in maintenance.

Down for emergency maintenance, the duty finder/instance servers weren't working, so they had to fix that asap.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Alright, cool.

Those Japanese and their superior built, gundamonium servers that never go down.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    North American server list down, just as I'm about to start my blue-skinned giant. -shakes fist-

So, Marauder ? Chose that over a Lancer. We'll see.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    North American server list down, just as I'm about to start my blue-skinned giant. -shakes fist-

So, Marauder ? Chose that over a Lancer. We'll see.

My main is a Marauder, got him to 17 so far. They are a lot of fun. There is no problem that hitting something with an axe enough won't solve!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Let's see, what do my smallclothes look like... Yikes they are tight. Yet I have a surprisingly deep voice.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    @Otaking

WHY GOD, WHY?!

Also, betaing right now. Must find a way to play this and Hearthstone at the same time...

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    That just means they're not tight enough.

Does anyone know what class combination unlocks Monk? I started my new char as a Pugilist, wanted some H2H action.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    It's back up

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    This is the key problem with an online game. Server downtime. It would be neat if there was a game that dropped into singleplayer mode when this happened.

• Options
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Damn in queue...but headed back in!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Still shows the NA/EU group as down for me.

The server status thing is wrong, I just logged into Sarganatas. there's a queue though.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Is there some work around?

Edit. IT IS UP!!!! IT IS UP!!!!

Krathoon on
  • Options
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    If there is anyone else on Ultros who wishes to join the Arcadian Expatriots LS then message and or friend;

Pale Moon
    Montague Higgenpuff
    Kyanilis Targath
    Reynard Bearhammer
    Gisela Butcher
    Eclispse Highwind

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I can't beleive i wasted all that precious rested xp on the first few lvls of botanist. I should've thought of that

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    In the queue. Kind of silly.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Up!

I can has guild invite please? Talon Starke.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    queue only takes like 30 seconds to get through

This discussion has been closed.