As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The game is more screwed up now than before the maintenance. I lost my friends list, I'm not in my 2 linkshells, I cannot add new friends, I cannot join groups, and the quest I'm on, which is "Lord of the Inferno" keeps disconnecting me from server with error 90000 when I click on the destination marker.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Back to my underwear. My wife says it's nothing special, she sees my underwear all the time.

• Options
    Also, in addition to not being able to do the above listed things, I also cannot send or receive tells. When I try to send a tell I get a message which reads "/tell is not available while bound by duty."

Apparently the game thinks I'm in a duty, which I'm not.

• Options
    This is maddening. The list of things I cannot do grows longer. I also cannot accept new friend requests and I cannot queue for dungeons. I just opened up Halatani but I can't queue for it.

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    @Otaking

WHY GOD, WHY?!

Also, betaing right now. Must find a way to play this and Hearthstone at the same time...

I'm sorry, I decided Francis was awesome ever since I saw him draw his life story.

Man, you got to Focus Fantasy. You will miss all the feels.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Instance server took a dump again

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Searching for people by Free Company seems to completely not work.

So i guess I need an invite? First name Javen

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh. Designed a character, but when I try to actually put it on a server it gives me a error saying that my current service account does not allow for the creation of any more characters on that World.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    I am entirely fed up with the lack of duty finder. Ill be back later!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Where was that guy at in Uldah to get your extra stuff?

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh. Designed a character, but when I try to actually put it on a server it gives me a error saying that my current service account does not allow for the creation of any more characters on that World.
    relog

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Jesus. Anything remotely involving a kill quest is next to impossible. The spawn rate is horrible and there are WAY too many people competing.

• Options
    So I was finally able to join my friend's group, and when I look at my own name on the party list, it says I'm in another world. How does that work? How can I be in another world from myself?

That's probably the root of all my issues right there...

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Jesus. Anything remotely involving a kill quest is next to impossible. The spawn rate is horrible and there are WAY too many people competing.

just hit any of the mobs, you dont need to tag them yourself to get quest credit, just do an attack or two.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Alright, looking for an invite:

Stephen Wyngarde is the name.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »

just hit any of the mobs, you dont need to tag them yourself to get quest credit, just do an attack or two.

I know how to tag mobs. Unless you do enough damage, you don't get credit, and with that many people, they die waaaaay too fast.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So what did the maintenance fix if you still can't do the duty finder or solo instances?

Nyht on
  • Options
    Nyht wrote: »
    So what did the maintenance fix if you still can't do the duty finder or solo instances?

It seems as if it fixed nothing, and broke more things. At least for me more stuff is broken.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    While we were able to address the previous issue wherein players were unable to access instances, we conducted another investigation and confirmed that the issue was ongoing for a number of players.

We have been able to identify the cause of the issue and have started the recovery operations. Once we have tested the fix, we plan on conducting another emergency maintenance. We will follow up once we have a better idea on the time frame of the maintenance.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    So here's a crazy thing I just ran into:

nmwcJ5s.jpg

i9So4f6.jpg

This guy was performing DRG abilities, and every time he swung his spear the attached Moogle would make a "Kupo!" noise.

I can't wait to see the continuously crazy things they'll put in this game.

Also, two questions:

1. How do I retrieve my Legacy items (assuming I have any...I think I just imported my character's look and not the actual character, though he does have the Legacy brand on his neck)?

2. How do I send gil to the Free Company (for housing)?

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The game is more screwed up now than before the maintenance. I lost my friends list, I'm not in my 2 linkshells, I cannot add new friends, I cannot join groups, and the quest I'm on, which is "Lord of the Inferno" keeps disconnecting me from server with error 90000 when I click on the destination marker.

Oh jeez. This was my character for literally all 3 days of phase 4. Haven't tried yet today, but uh oh.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I think the Legacy, CE, and preorder items, are not available until launch. At that time, they will show up in the moogle mail. That has been what I have been seeing on the web.

It is a little silly.

The DRG looks interesting. I may go that way on my second character.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Wow. Suddenly not being in early access doesn't hurt at all.

Edit: You'd think they could ramp up capacity for the rush somehow... surely there's some XI servers with low load (There's no excuse for game worlds to not be able to split over physical boxes, after all).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    (There's no excuse for game worlds to not be able to split over physical boxes, after all).

I don't think servers work the way you seem to think they work.

And even if they did, the XI servers are all in Japan, aren't in the same data centers as the US/EU XIV ones anyway, aren't set up with the same anything and, well, generally nope.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Hey, since I've been unable to do the quest on my glad (instance), would it hurt my characters later if I did all the random sidequests I could find?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Finally got into the FC (thanks Heidi - whoever you are in 'real life' *grins*) and then get promptly smacked with the 90000 error.

I'm totally not a jinx, I swear!

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    (There's no excuse for game worlds to not be able to split over physical boxes, after all).

I don't think servers work the way you seem to think they work.

And even if they did, the XI servers are all in Japan, aren't in the same data centers as the US/EU XIV ones anyway, aren't set up with the same anything and, well, generally nope.

It heavily, heavily depends on their backend setup. But are there really NO XI servers in the US?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    NA group just went down again. Hopefully this is the real fix for the instance servers.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Crashed out (error 90000) on zoning and now it says all NA servers are down! oh well, off to play SR4 for a bit.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Nice, looks like my fairly unique problem of not being able to patch on the ps3, was solved by deleting the system data for the game.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hah, decided to give 14 a slightly longer shot since i've made bigger mistakes for 22 dollars. Suddenly all the errors ever. Guess i'll come back later to try and get a guild (or whatever they call them in this game) invite.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    But are there really NO XI servers in the US?

Nope, they've always been in Japan.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I heartily recommend partying up to harvest the delicious xp from the guts of monsters big and small. I had a lot of fun wandering around with Corrigna and Khildith after they were nice enough to visit me in Limsa.

And nuts, laid low by a 90k to the head!

Leastwise I got a step further on my story and class quests.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    You guys still in? I got booted then keep losing connection to the server.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Yeah I can't connect at all now. When I log in I get booted back out with either a 90000 or a 10102 or something like that.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Yeah I can't connect at all now. When I log in I get booted back out with either a 90000 or a 10102 or something like that.

Same two errors here.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Well at least it's not just me.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Yeah those were the same errors I got.

:(

I was really enjoy arcanist too. I suppose it's karma...I got into 3 dungeons today.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    I'm getting 10102 as well now. Guess now's as good a time as any for a break.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Daw...showing no NA/EU servers online currently.

PSN: jfrofl
This discussion has been closed.