As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    The gaming gods are good!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    The gaming gods are good!

I prayed for a miracle and it came!

• mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    jdmichal wrote: »
    mori1972 wrote: »
    jdmichal wrote: »
    OK, looks like the DNS propagation is done.

NEW FC ITEM REQUISITIONING SITE IS UP!

http://ghosts.codechaos.me

Register an account, create a character, and start entering item requests!

EDIT: And I promise it can handle the early access rush ;)

Awesome! One small snag: the character name field doesn't have enough characters for the last letter of my surname. Silly Roegadyn Old Tongue longness

Oops! Looks like they increased the name limits from 1.0. Just patched it up to the new 15 character maximum per name.

All my future babies are yours! <3

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Awesome, servers up early!

Could I get an invite to Ghost in the Linkshell when people get back on? Charecters name: Xil'a Rusha

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    iEnscc3.jpg

Aw yeah, it's time baby.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • flapjackflapjack Registered User regular
    Does Grand Company choice determine anything such as the primary zone(s) where you'll be leveling and/or bosses you'll be fighting or the like?

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Looks like instance servers for class quests still don't work. :cry:

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Instance servers are still broken, in general. I've literally been stuck on "Lord of the Inferno" all day because I can't zone into the solo instance.

I just want my damn chocobo and I can't progress the story to gain access to Grand Companies.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Instance servers are still broken, in general. I've literally been stuck on "Lord of the Inferno" all day because I can't zone into the solo instance.

I just want my damn chocobo and I can't progress the story to gain access to Grand Companies.

Yeah, I've been stuck at the great wall that is the Level 5 story and class quests since the first afternoon of beta 4. Really hard to do anything in the game when its all locked behind quests that I'm locked out of myself. I'm just gonna wait for either another maintenance tonight (not likely before I go to bed) or try again tomorrow. Feels frustrating and not worth playing in the current state tonight.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    My goal for today is to get my chocobo, but right now my gaming PC is giving me fits. I hope giving it a time out will improve its disposition.

FATEs are good ways to get the seals necessary, I got as many as 120 from a single FATE. Also, there is a dungeon you can access around level 20 called Halatali that will have the monsters you need for three Grand Company Hunting Log entries, which will net you around 1k seals. Toss in a Guildleve or four and you should be set for the chocobo.

steam_sig.png
  • MukkMukk Registered User regular
    I'm having trouble trying to complete some of my level 15 crafting leves since you have to get certain mats from other players/professions. One ingredient was only listed once on the marketplace, a crazy stack priced at like 20k, while another didn't have a single listing. I guess I should try joining a linkshell or something, otherwise it's going to be pretty difficult at least at this stage of the game.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Ok the instance thing is getting irritating. Strangely the game ran smoother on Beta 4. Guess it didn't have this stress?

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am literally one single instance quest before I can officially join my Grand Company and get my Chocobo (after grinding for it for an hour or two).

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    With story quests and Duty Finder still down, I decided to focus on Blacksmith. In less than 30 minutes I crafted my way up to level 6, and did some tradecraft leves to hit level 8.

I also managed to create a HQ donning hammer, which can come in handy with my Armorsmith class. Blacksmith can also create tools for all the other crafting jobs as well.

So basically, Blacksmith is the gateway drug to the other crafting jobs.

• MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »
    Ok the instance thing is getting irritating. Strangely the game ran smoother on Beta 4. Guess it didn't have this stress?
    With 1/2 the player base locked out due to 3102 error, probably not. I missed over a day to it, many missed the entire thing. That's been fixed now, and the instance server can't handle all these people doing the solo duties.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Just put in my pre-order. Waiting to get my code so I can play.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Alright, looking for an invite:

Stephen Wyngarde is the name.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I've been mining and working on Smithing/Armorer since I can't progress my story or queue for dungeons.

Lucascraft on
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    MRD is awesome! Almost 15, got some cool gear from quests with materia slots!

• Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Invite requests cool here? Elementius Wizardson.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    cimIhzC.jpg

Guys I beat the game, I'm the Main Character

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So in the future I need to double-check the name of the PA Guild I guess. I asked for a FC invite here and then when I got one in-game, I assumed it was legit.

Ended up in a guild of randoms and wondered why there were no shenanigans or wang jokes. I felt very out of place.

So uhh... could Sophia Crookshanks get a FC invite for reals? :P

Edit: And I'm in, thanks guys!

Toxic Pickle on
    So I guess it takes over an hour to generate codes? Still nothing from Square. Not even my game code. When I lookup my order no codes are listed. The whole thing seems very disorganized.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

Thank you for your cooperation on the multiple maintenance correspondence.

With the 2 maintenances that were implemented with the NA/EU Data Center, we have resolved the 90000 error origin and corresponding characters. For the few reports that have been sent after the maintenance, it seems like it is a separate issue, and we will be working on them individually. Thank you for your cooperation with the maintenance.

And we are also currently working on the an even better way to optimize the heavy load of simultaneous access, heavy load on matching and the matching server features for Duty Finder.

Since it is hard to implement them during peak hours and that it might make the matters worse, we are carefully deciding when to do it.

So at Aug. 25 12:00 a.m. PDT, we will be implementing a maintenance to optimize the NA/EU Data Centers. At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment. The Development and Support Team will continue to work hard for smoother play to our customers, and we thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    I hope they have the duty finder/instance stuff worked out by tomorrow. I did join some crazy fate parties. MRD is really fun so far!

I can't stop taking screens either, even though I'm running it on as low as possible (well, except for my shadow)

JpiwfqG.jpg

Two hours later, no codes. I can't even get Digital River to send me a password e-mail (for a password I never provided and is different than my SQueenix account password apparently). Smooth as butter.

• The Cosmic FunctionThe Cosmic Function Registered User regular
    Stopped playing for the night because its not worth playing without the instances. Character got stuck in the black void of a loading screen trying to progress the story.

I'm thinking its going to be a rough couple days as more people filter in.

hjpdlti27i67.jpg
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Made it to 21-ish. Stuck on the quest for the Grand Company. Kind of a bummer.

Worked on Blacksmithing and Armorer. Made some sweet looking lowbie chainmail.

Got Raise with my CNJ since that spell can be used by anyone making it super useful.

Got GLD and ARC to 10 as well.

All in all a busy, busy day.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    Hooray, Prerelease. Playing on Sargatanas. "Ilsadari Theron" is my character's name.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
    The weather got real spooky earlier today.

haY5IXA.jpg

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Even with the instance thing you guys are making me jealous! I won't be able to even try to play until Monday when I get back from visiting family :(

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    This thread moves way too fast! Do we have any PA Linkshells yet?

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I asked this in the SE thread as well, but can we put up a google doc or something in the op as a kind of who's who? There's like 3 people who have names in the FC that are similar to their forum handles.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    man, this game is rife with dumbasses running around with terrible pop culture names
    and I bet a good chunk of the ones that seem original are anime references

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Why do we have to sleep?!

See you gents in a few hours...maybe 7 :)

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Ld88Cr8.jpg

Gone fishin' til the downtown

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    man, this game is rife with dumbasses running around with terrible pop culture names
    and I bet a good chunk of the ones that seem original are anime references

Report away. Squeenix has said no copyrighted or celebrity names are allowed.

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Stopped playing for the night because its not worth playing without the instances. Character got stuck in the black void of a loading screen trying to progress the story.

I'm thinking its going to be a rough couple days as more people filter in.

Yeah, I hit 26 on my Archer and without being able to advance the story, class quests, or dungeon it up, I got bored as hell of doing random quests and grinding out my logs.

By the way, it doesn't seem like there's much fluidity to quests hubs, unless my story quest is supposed to be leading me along them?

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    rhnL7HY.png

Alright, chums. Let's do this.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I will not get anything in the two left columns or the middle horizontal, as I know nothing about Homestuck or mobas. That bottom row, though...

aTBDrQE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.