As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2013 Costume Thread

• Options
    lirpalirpa Registered User regular
    Hi, this is my first time going to PAX, I was originally going to attend and cosplay but I'm going to end up working there for nintendo instead. I'm thinking of still cosplaying since it's already made after I get off work at 7pm, is the con still going or is it pretty dead by then? I'm trying to decide if I want to pack my costume or not.

• Options
    AshrackAshrack Enforcer Deputy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The main expo hall would be closed, but there is still a lot more going on, tabletop gaming, console and PC gaming, and plenty more in the satellite theaters etc. So there will certainly be people about to appreciate your cosplaying if that's what you are looking for.

• Options
    Okay, cool. I was just wondering if there were any cosplayers around still or if people were eating dinner and looking for afterparties.

• Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    lirpa wrote: »
    Okay, cool. I was just wondering if there were any cosplayers around still or if people were eating dinner and looking for afterparties.

You can wear your cosplay at parties. It makes it more fun! What is your costume?

• Options
    RDubbRDubb Registered User regular

More than a couple parties in the past have encouraged people to show up in costume. Some have even given out prizes specifically for that. So, if partying is your thing, feel free to suit up for it.

• Options
    GuildensternGuildenstern Registered User new member
    Not seeing too many non-game characters being listed here, but seeing as how the FAQ at the beginning of all this listed pretty much anything fair game I'll be showing up as everyone's favorite mercenary, Jayne Cobb, the Hero of Canton.

If anybody else has a firefly getup prepared, look for me: I'll be the one with the grenades.

• Options
    vgc wrote: »

You can wear your cosplay at parties. It makes it more fun! What is your costume?

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, her first outfit.

• Options
    seaofrabbitzseaofrabbitz Registered User new member
    So I really should have read this before making my bioshock syringe. We made the needle out of wood and now I'm trying to figure out what I can do about it. Most syringes I've seen are made with wood so does anyone have any tips? Does this mean I should just stay outside the building if I choose to keep it? If I make the tip less pointy, would that be okay? HELP!

• Options
    PlanetsideCosplayPlanetsideCosplay Aaron Thompson / Last Oryx Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Who's awesome? @LexiconGrrl is awesome. Thanks for throwing our Assassin's Creed meetup on the list, yo. Here's some more information and the actual event link if you'd like to come out and see our hidden blades: https://www.facebook.com/events/527927760578672/

"So, there isn't anything much more awesome than pirates... other than being Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag themed pirates and running around Freeway Park during Pax Prime looking for booty. Grab your peg-leg or parrot and join us for an awesome 17th century Assassin's Creed IV meetup at Pax Prime!

Unfamiliar with the WSTCC? We got you. Here's a map! If you've been to one of our gatherings before, we're using "Area 3" (the same area that has been used for Assassin's Creed gatherings at both ECCC and Sakura Con since the dawn of time)! http://lastoryx.com/pictures/map.png

Not good with maps? (...and you call yourself a pirate...) Well, starting from the main entrance on Pike Street, pass by a row of fountains (past Taco del Mar) and continue on to the 2nd floor. From there, simply head straight back. You'll see a seating area and the Juicy Cafe. Head right out the door and there will be a large staircase in front of you and a bell to your left! Welcome to Freeway Park!

If you're more visual, it's the awesome place where this happened at Sakura Con 2013: http://lastoryx.com/pictures/paxprimemeetup.jpg

@1500 all who wish to participate can meet us at the main Level 1 fountain to "blend" to our location. aka, we'll lead you there in no time flat ;D Photoshoot will start at 1530, giving time to meet each other, exchange business cards, etc. There will be a mini costume contest and then we'll all head to the Assassin's Creed IV panel!!!!

Our lead photographer will be the lovely Stephanie Doring of Harbinger Photography. Our photoshoot director is Daylight Runner and I'll be assisting! Check out the FB event here and RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/527927760578672/

Disclaimer: Times/locations are subject to change - watch the FB event page for more details. This is an unofficial meetup that is not sponsored by either Pax Prime or Ubisoft. This is an independent event in Freeway Park and, as such, Pax Prime membership is not required. Views expressed during this gathering or through any of it's advertisements or media blogs do not constitute a representation of the idealogy associated with any of the companies mentioned above! Need more info and you're anti-FB? Shoot me an e-mail at: aaron@lastoryx.com "

• Options
    AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Round the tip down with sand paper. Alternatively replace the tip with a bit of rubber or cap the end with rubber and then round the cap down to look like a needle.

If you round the tip off so it isn't pointy then it will be fine.

• Options
    RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    So I really should have read this before making my bioshock syringe. We made the needle out of wood and now I'm trying to figure out what I can do about it. Most syringes I've seen are made with wood so does anyone have any tips? Does this mean I should just stay outside the building if I choose to keep it? If I make the tip less pointy, would that be okay? HELP!

As AaronC already said, you've got options. I'd go with rubber-tipping over sanding, just in case the particular person inspecting your prop is not OK with just rounding. Raid your local hardware store's plumbing section and I'm sure you could find something that works.

• Options
    seaofrabbitzseaofrabbitz Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    AaronC wrote: »
    Round the tip down with sand paper. Alternatively replace the tip with a bit of rubber or cap the end with rubber and then round the cap down to look like a needle.

If you round the tip off so it isn't pointy then it will be fine.
    RDubb wrote: »
    As AaronC already said, you've got options. I'd go with rubber-tipping over sanding, just in case the particular person inspecting your prop is not OK with just rounding. Raid your local hardware store's plumbing section and I'm sure you could find something that works.

This is great! Thanks! At least I have time to make the alterations. This will be my first year at PAX and I'm super excited but I don't wanna mess anything up.

seaofrabbitz on
  • Options
    XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    Definitely taking short cuts on my Auron costume at this point to get it done. On the bright side my girlfriend's Yuna outfit is 100% complete.

• Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    Any stormtroopers attending? Fiance and I need a save the date photo and are both big star wars fans. We would love to do some shots with some characters

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VianethVianeth Registered User regular
    Selene might not be an option for me, plan B is screen used mord'sith costume from legend of the seeker! And I will be accompanied by a Dragon Corps and Mother Confessor, going Saturday!

• Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    dougyfresh wrote: »
    Any stormtroopers attending? Fiance and I need a save the date photo and are both big star wars fans. We would love to do some shots with some characters

I'm sure you'll easily find some that don't post on the forum, saw 3 different ones last year walking around: vanilla, sand, and homeless
    8439567467_476730b892_z.jpg

Sharkey1337 on
  • Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    @Thatch Is that a 50th Anniversary Tennant Tie? Good work!

Going to break out my Series 5 and 6 Doctor Who costumes again (with a few minor changes) this year as I wasn't able to obtain many photos last time. I've managed to also put together a Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS costume for the third day, although it's a bit slapdash.

Here's a preview of my Series 5 outfit:
    ofycnQD.jpg

I'll have a Daughter of the Eyrewood accompanying me as well this time!

Zombicus on
    Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    NailioNailio Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    20130816_052918_zpsf27e4434.jpg

Going to be representing The Emperor's finest while I'm there.

Nailio on
  • Options
    ninjahoskninjahosk Registered User regular
    I am going as a bottle of Sriracha. This should be an awesome PAX.

• Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    annieprogress007_zps36f3edd4.jpg

Kitten ears: DONE

Legwarmers: DONE
    Legwarmer one, done.
    Legwarmer two, 90% done.

I should have made them more like a bell shape, but a stove pipe leg warmer will have to do :)

Backpack:
    10% done.
    I have the fabric, the box, and 2/3 of the bears made that I need.

BombClancy on
    what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Just going to put it out there, I love my sewing machine. It makes things so much easier. The last costume I made was an Ewok. Fur + hand sewing = two thumbs down.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    VangardeVangarde SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    1120128_10151861898351318_983806704_o.jpg
    The Mk. III hoodie just in time for PAX. Put the finishing touches on the zipper knob and did a quick photoshoot around the house.

Vangarde on
  • Options
    AML_DesignsAML_Designs Registered User new member
    I have a different costume for each day! I am planning on Harley Quinn on Friday (hopefully i can bring my staff), Saturday I planning on wearin my dress that's made up of 130 yards of tulle and is Alic in Wonderland inspired, Sunday will be my 1950a based Padme costume from a Star Wars musical I costumed this summer, and the final day I am wearing a makeshift Leia costume.

• Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    Almost done with my Gaige! Choker and belt need done, but other than that it's just buying the couple of things that I'm missing...namely a lunch box and shoes.

My Secret World Templar may be making an appearance again too. Wee.

• Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    I have a different costume for each day! I am planning on Harley Quinn on Friday (hopefully i can bring my staff), Saturday I planning on wearin my dress that's made up of 130 yards of tulle and is Alic in Wonderland inspired, Sunday will be my 1950a based Padme costume from a Star Wars musical I costumed this summer, and the final day I am wearing a makeshift Leia costume.

Need a pic sunday! My fiance has a padme costume but is only attending Saturday and maybe Monday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    Anyone who comes and gets photos with me, I have a public website on photobucket that I share all my photos with (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/?sort=2&page=1). I will have to be medicated and in a wheelchair this PAX but I still want to have lots of fun and enjoy everyone's costumes. So please come and find a cute moogle or a girl in a 50's retro marvel comic book dress. Thank you.

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tH8741V.jpg

So close.

skylatron on
  • Options
    apocalypticashapocalypticash Seattle-ishRegistered User regular
    skylatron wrote: »
    Almost done with my Gaige! Choker and belt need done, but other than that it's just buying the couple of things that I'm missing...namely a lunch box and shoes.

My Secret World Templar may be making an appearance again too. Wee.

Ummmm I actually got carried away with the lunchbox class-mods, and have 3 different ones made. Track me down and you can use one for a while if you want. :D

• Options
    icthenueicthenue Registered User new member
    Vianeth wrote: »
    Is anyone going as something not video game related? I am, and I feel a little weird about it. Do you think pax should be 100% video game cosplay?

My friend and I are going as Henchman 21 & Henchman 24 from Venture Bros. We are thinking of dressing up for the saturday, but does anyone know of non-group gatherings for random cosplay? This is our first cosplay so we are not really sure what is going down on what days (apart from the AC or ME group gatherings that have been discussed here already)

• Options
    mewchimewchi Summoner Name: Mewchi Bothell, WARegistered User new member
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if this question has been answered, but is there any sort of cosplay gathering list, official, or unofficial? I'm looking specifically for League of Legends, or Street Fighter. A point in the right direction is welcome :) Thanks!

I'll be attending as Red Card Katarina from LoL on Friday (with a Striker Ezreal and All-Star Akali in tow), Original Skin Katarina Saturday, and Poison from Street Fighter (with a Skull-o-mania) on Sunday.

PAX 2013 Cosplays

Red Card Katarina-LoL
    Original Skin Katarina-LoL
    Poison- Street Fighter
  • Options
    QuiptoriumQuiptorium Beaverton, ORRegistered User regular
    s1kUep9.jpg
    CtCckzJ.jpg

I need to tweak my wig a little and my boyfriend has to fix the padding in the helmet, but we're ready to go! Can't wait to see all of you there!

• Options
    Ummmm I actually got carried away with the lunchbox class-mods, and have 3 different ones made. Track me down and you can use one for a while if you want. :D

I would love to take you up on this, ohmygosh. Are you serious? Because I may hug you...

• Options
    TsubarashiiTsubarashii Registered User regular
    Just found out I'll be going on Friday on top of Saturday thanks to my awesome friend. Since it was kind of a last minute thing I wont be able to make any of my other planned cosplays but I'm debating bringing back either Rise from Persona 4 or Mary from Ib. Not sure which one as of yet...

• Options
    maddiekattmaddiekatt Registered User regular
    hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked but i don't feel like digging through eleven pages of stuff.
    is there a borderlands group for pax?
    i will be bringing my lilith cosplay and i'd love to meet up with some of my fellow characters :3

• Options
    Does anybody know where the League Of Legends Cosplay meetup is, and when...(Or any other meetups for the matter?)
    I can't seem to find any info on any...

Any help is much appreciated, if there's not one planned, I'd like to start one ?

Thanks!

PAX 2013 Cosplays

Red Card Katarina-LoL
    Poison- Street Fighter
  • Options
    We have 6 borderlands cosplayers in my group - Maya, Gaige, Salvador, a psycho, Mordecai, and Scooter. We will all be hanging out, hopefully making our way to the skybridge, on Saturday for sure. There are at least 2 other Gaige cosplayers in this thread.

• Options
    maddiekattmaddiekatt Registered User regular
    We have 6 borderlands cosplayers in my group - Maya, Gaige, Salvador, a psycho, Mordecai, and Scooter. We will all be hanging out, hopefully making our way to the skybridge, on Saturday for sure. There are at least 2 other Gaige cosplayers in this thread.

wee! i'd love to meet up with y'all on saturday!!

• Options
    QuiptoriumQuiptorium Beaverton, ORRegistered User regular

I'll be keeping an eye out for you guys!

• Options
    BombClancy wrote: »
    annieprogress007_zps36f3edd4.jpg

Kitten ears: DONE

Legwarmers: DONE
    Legwarmer one, done.
    Legwarmer two, 90% done.

I should have made them more like a bell shape, but a stove pipe leg warmer will have to do :)

Backpack:
    10% done.
    I have the fabric, the box, and 2/3 of the bears made that I need.

Is this Annie?

PAX 2013 Cosplays

Red Card Katarina-LoL
    Poison- Street Fighter
  • Options
    apocalypticashapocalypticash Seattle-ishRegistered User regular

I would love to take you up on this, ohmygosh. Are you serious? Because I may hug you...

:D Yeah! I'll be in Gaige all of Friday, and about 1/2 of Saturday now. Can you PM me your #, and I'll text you to meet up?