As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    biff sidewedge best name. I think my name falls under meaningless pseudo-japanese

I got the copperhead totally done. one more step, I hope

Jars on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    rhnL7HY.png

Alright, chums. Let's do this.

No Lockhart, inaccurate chart.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/rhnL7HY.png

I notice that there's spots for Naruto or Bleach names, but not One Piece names.
    People with One Piece names have good taste.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    http://i.imgur.com/rhnL7HY.png

I notice that there's spots for Naruto or Bleach names, but not One Piece names.
    People with One Piece names have good taste.

I saw a Mugi Wara today.

I don't know if that's considered bad or clever.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie, first guy I rolled I named "Bill Paxton" because what the fuck, he's awesome. I knew I wouldn't be playing him long, it was more to check out the other starting cities. I also typically name my first Alt "Fork Spoon".

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    I have also seen copious amounts of Lionheart.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I think the worst is the people who try to name themselves after someone/something Japanese but don't realize that First/Last ordering is flipped.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Well, with people logging off at the end of the night, it was easier to get into instances.

Managed to get Ifrit down before the servers came down. It was a fun fight, a bit on the easy side though; we got him in the first try.

Tomorrow, hopefully, I can get my damn chocobo finally.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Discovered Upper La Noscea tonight, an awesome looking area with unique music that I didn't see in Phase 4.

eVofTWd.jpg

Evidently it also makes a great fishing spot.

T2vbM7I.jpg

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Yay finally into paladin quests... yeeeesh

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    As far as names go

I kind of liked 'The Dude'

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @GnomeTank It honestly is only Square Enix's fault in that they chose a very shitty service to sell their codes directly. You would have done far better buying it from GreenManGaming.

In fact, I'd suggest having the charge reverted and getting it on GMG anyway. Cause you'll get it cheaper.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    @GnomeTank It honestly is only Square Enix's fault in that they chose a very shitty service to sell their codes directly. You would have done far better buying it from GreenManGaming.

In fact, I'd suggest having the charge reverted and getting it on GMG anyway. Cause you'll get it cheaper.

This is what i did. Worked great, GMG got me my code in like 5 seconds.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
    Looks like the server's back up

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    That bingo is missing my personal favorite terrible idea, which should have been combined with the top-middle space: LAST name is an honorific. Chan, Sama, etc. That's much worse than the first name in my opinion.

• Options
    It's also missing "combine two separate FF names together, even if they aren't from the same game". I've seen plenty of combinations like "Vivi Almassy".

I thought "Terra Celes" was pretty good, though.

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    rhnL7HY.png

They can take my Highwind when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. I have been waiting since 1991 for games worth playing a Dragoon in, including making versions of them starting with Morrowind mods up through Skyrim.

You know you all did it too. :P

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Dominos Pizzahut was probably the silliest one I saw yesterday. My two friends that are brothers in real life each made a character and should be in the guild by now.

Older brother is a Lalafell Marauder named BIg Bro and the younger brother is a Roegadyn Lancer named Little Bro.

Yeah, they totally went there.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Discovered Upper La Noscea tonight, an awesome looking area with unique music that I didn't see in Phase 4.

eVofTWd.jpg

I looked at this picture, and I briefly thought "Why are you posting a photo here?" before my brain noticed things that weren't so normal.

In my defense I only just got up, but I don't think that's ever happened before. Dammit Square.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I saw every bad name category from that Bad Name Bingo that Beezel posted... at least, amongst those I understand (don't know anime well enough to know them when I see them).

In fact, that was my first clue that I'd joined a non-PA guild accidentally; the guy who kept saying 'welcome' whenever people joined was named Drizzt Do'Urden. Yeah, I met the guy who got the actual full name.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Servers were going down at 3am my time. I went to bed at 2:15. I woke up at like 6:30 to use the restroom. First thought was "... I bet maintenance is done with". Had to force myself back to sleep. I might have a problem. Game too good.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    HotcookieHotcookie Registered User regular
    So probably no one knows me here cause I tend to lurk and read the PA forums rather than post but this game just has me sooooooo excited.

Anyway I ordered directly from SE on Friday night (CE) and I am yet to recieve my preorder code or an early access code, though I believe early access code is sent once you register pre order. They seem to bhe sorting this rubbish in NA but over here in EU theres no support until Tuesday :/ This leaves me trawling forums to get any juicy tidbit I can regarding the game. I didn't follow it all that much until recently and my friend has been playing and loves it.

I neeeeed my codes, I ran the benchmark and the world just seems beautiful and my rig eats it up for breakfast at max settings with a 10k+ score.

I'm thinking on going white mage end game is it better to level conjurer to 30 first then do arcanist to 15 or vice versa?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @Hotcookie If you can, GreenManGaming and cancel your other order.

Seriously guys, GMG.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I thought about that but then wasn't sure how to make sure I get Eu codes from GMG...

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    You guys have no idea how happy I am that this turned out so much better than the original release.
    It just feels so polished now.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I'm stuck at work for another few hours, somebody tell me that the overnight maintenance actually fixed instance quests so I can look forward to finally playing this game.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Great, the game locked up when I was about to do the little event before Ifrit and now I'm getting errors 90000 and 10102.

To the guys I was going to do this with, sorry but it seems I'm locked out for a bit.

• Options
    I just got 90000'd and now when I try to log back in I get 10102'd. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Instance Servers are borked again.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I'm stuck at work for another few hours, somebody tell me that the overnight maintenance actually fixed instance quests so I can look forward to finally playing this game.

It seemed to have but I think it's broken again, plus now I can't log in at all :(

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, guess what's down again!

If you guessed the Duty Finder server, you win the no-prize.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Error 90000/10102, we meet again my Frienemy.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Anyone else planning to go white mage? If so what order are you levelling conjurer/arcanist?

Also does anyone know the process for cancelling their order with Square Enixand how easy/hard it is?

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Error 10102, we meet again my Frienemy.

Hi5!

Let us sing the song of our people.
    Hotcookie wrote: »
    Anyone else planning to go white mage? If so what order are you levelling conjurer/arcanist?

Also does anyone know the process for cancelling their order with Square Enixand how easy/hard it is?

Bear in mind that Arcanist starts on an island, which means you can't visit the other places until you have access to travel options. This may or may not be a problem for you. (The island is fantastic anyway, and Carbuncle is adorable.)

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Hotcookie wrote: »

Yes. My conjurer is at 20 and my arcanist is at 12. I plan on grinding out arcanist to 15 today and then just going for broke on the conjurer.

No idea about how to cancel.

Steam
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    Error 10102, we meet again my Frienemy.

Hi5!

Let us sing the song of our people.

And it goes something like this.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Options
    I'd just logged in and gotten my tutorial leve done, too.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I'm reasonably certain I could have swept the bingo board just from last night. I don't get the anime names, but I saw enough Starks to make me think I'd stepped into the wrong property.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    My first Cloud Stark made me giggle. Then I saw Sephirothz Strife and I knew all was well with the world.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I will admit...sometimes, if the misspelling is really outlandish, I'll give them points for trying.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
This discussion has been closed.