As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

1939495969799»

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    Well I was swimming along and just got all subligar'd up and my Lancer was feeling all Spartacus: Blood and Chocobos. I ran into the end game boss Kuplo Kupo who permanently petrified me. Logged out and am now getting 9000's

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    RIP.

So, duty server woes aside, I think this is a pretty keen game! I've enjoyed all the stuff I've seen so far.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I got through the one mission I had that needed the duty finder before it blew up, and am still in the game, but... I think the chat is broken or something.

Game still running, but it's eerily quiet chat-wise.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    RIP.

So, duty server woes aside, I think this is a pretty keen game! I've enjoyed all the stuff I've seen so far.

I can't agree with this enough right now. The server headaches have been a downer, but when I can spend 10mins just fishing and watching the sun come up in Limsa... there's something there.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    RIP.

I really like the pace of it. It occupies a nice space behind WoW and GW2 speed. Enough time to plan something out but not slow enough to where you're just waiting on things to happen. The timing and frequency of things like potions matches all my good FF memories.

• Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    Of course I get to play, I get a new G13 gameboard, and the servers don't work!

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I would have a much easier time coping with the instance problem if I had unlocked the ability to change classes. I guess I could technically keep grinding my 15 MRD, but I did that for two days last weekend and the idea isn't super appealing right now. I think my best option is to pretend this game doesn't exist until it gets fixed, and keep playing Saint's Row IV.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Gah. Getting Error 90000 or 10102.

At least I managed to kill Ifrit last night, and I did all 3 of the super long and boring speeches from the city leaders. Should be able to get my chocobo today if I can get logged in. Once I do that I'm gonna go crazy with the XP.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    They are going to need to separate Duty Finder servers. At least they should put story/quest instances and dungeons on different servers.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Otaking wrote: »
    RIP.

I really like the pace of it. It occupies a nice space behind WoW and GW2 speed. Enough time to plan something out but not slow enough to where you're just waiting on things to happen. The timing and frequency of things like potions matches all my good FF memories.

I'm honestly surprised that I can stomach the pace. I didn't find it particularly jarring or anything when I encountered the global cooldown for the first time, despite my time playing GW2 lately.

If anything it makes some things more tense, as I have to make the choice between dotting all the things or healing my buddy, and if I choose wrong, there's a fair wait before I can help him.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Are the servers down? Getting "Unable to update NA/EU world list" right now.

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Are the servers down? Getting "Unable to update NA/EU world list" right now.

I can get the list again, but still getting 10102 and 90k.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    New Thread up!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182255/ffxiv-arr-early-access-is-up-instance-servers-may-still-be-down

If anyone gets any info on the Server issues please let men know, I'm a bit spotty with my net access today but i'll try and keep the OP updated with info if people message it to me.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    I can't log in.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    oh but hey, look! I am able to swiftly and easily log into my Kujata (JP) server character.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Boatload Of SuckBoatload Of Suck I fought an 8-year-old! Registered User regular
    Bleh, can't log in either. I just finished my level 15 airship quest but I'm stuck in Giranda trying to turn it in. :oops:

This discussion has been closed.