As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Map Fortress 2: Pound Nails Into Your Dicks With Hammer!

UEAKCrashUEAKCrash hehRegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in Social Entropy++
UEAKCrash on

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    The replay I wanted to upload from last night got the stupid weapon string error. Fix your shit Valve!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    op lacks team service announcements

• Options
    Learn! How about fuck you, these videos are masturbation for players who already know how to play and don't actually teach anything. Also the reason people get annoyed at W + M1 is because it works.

haha

ahahah

ahehehehhraaahheehrrm,mmm

hmmm

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i'm trash

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    There, updated OP a bit. @xzzy did you have a map you want linked in there? Trainwreck?

• Options
    this pleases me

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hullis wrote: »
    i'm trash
    I was real sad to learn that I had over 300 hours played and was still pub scum.

Forever pub scum.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Lets celebrate the new thread with a screenshot dump!
    Guess what weapon I was using.
    9kqf.jpg

Eidolon is having a great time.
    zdfl.jpg

I help golden coal live up to his name.
    iyac.jpg

ZS reenacts the end of Carrie.
    c4t9.jpg

Corehealer is kind of scary looking.
    4wh8.jpg

Eidolon is a smug dick.
    x9ka.jpg

edit: I have no idea why that one picture is so much bigger than the others.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    There, updated OP a bit. @xzzy did you have a map you want linked in there? Trainwreck?

I don't know, will PMavers be more likely to notice it an upload it? :rotate:

Link it if you want: http://xzzy.org/files/games/tf2/demobowl/

But I don't consider it a serious project. I just get the urge to mess around in Hammer for a little bit and tinker with dumb ideas.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    i'm trash
    I was real sad to learn that I had over 300 hours played and was still pub scum.

Forever pub scum.

I have over 700 hours in and am still terrible. I just made peace with the fact that I am awful at FPS games and will always be.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    i'm trash

Forever pub scum.

I have over 700 hours in and am still terrible. I just made peace with the fact that I am awful at FPS games and will always be.

My current stats:

tf2stats.png

I've been trying to get those classes on the bottom up lately which is part of why I do so much snipering now, it's something I haven't played a ton of comparatively.

• Options
    i am largely soldier with a fair bit of pyro/medic/demoman

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    For having almost 1900 hours played I am pretty shit. I don't really have any motivation to get better at the 'pro' maneuvers like rocket jumping across entire maps in 12 seconds or reflecting etc.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    I am pretty shit.

Killicon_huntsmanhs.png

• Options
    Yeah shut up, Adus.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone use the IRC channel in the OP? Is it even a thing anymore?

Also, I'm apparently at 2800 hours played in TF2 and 1500 in the SDK making maps for TF2. Heh.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man I just killed some dude with the ubersaw taunt who was behind me and like seven feet away, I feel awful, what the hell was that

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I think I have over double the play time as pyro than my next most played class, demo. I played a lot of spy last night and actually contributed! First time I've actually not been terrible at spy. It is my last played class by a lot.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    i've accomplished some of my best stuff while i was still a total greenhorn

reflected 3 direct hit rockets in a row

reflected an arrow into a medics head, causing him to drop uber

• Options
    I tried playing Medic some last night and only complained about it near constantly! It's an improvement!

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    I literally saw that you were on quickfix and went "well, time to pull out the rocketjumper and launch Crash all over trainsawlaser"

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That was the most fun part of it all.

Also watching (shit, I think it was...) Walrus fail at sticky jumping over the first barrier on TSL with me. Then when we finally made it he threw me directly into a saw. I think I saved that replay...

I was a little drunky by then I think.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I need to figure out what's making my game stutter so much and maybe play a little during the week so I don't feel utterly useless on honc night

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    also,

putimfe.jpg

Scout was my least-played class until two things happened:

1- least-played class became chosen idling class
    2- prophunt

I probably have less stock-gamemode play on scout than heavy, an interesting reflection on how much TF2 gets played for things other than actual intended gameplay.

Engineer is still my legitimate most-hours-invested, though I main soldier nowadays.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I remember having to reset my stats exactly once because I accidentally joined some amped-up damage server and my Most Damage as a demoman was in the tens of millions. Fuck that server.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I don't remember resetting my stats.. but it must have happened at some point. I didn't think I actually played that much heavy... must have been while I had the unusual.

WHjPnAk.png

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I have a huge number for points as medic, because of the one time I joined a cheevo server. At the time, I was nowhere near as good at medic as I am now, and I'm absolutely terrible at medic now.

It is my shame, every time I see it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    medic is my most played class and it's the only one I really excel at

• Options
    My Spy kills in one life is 200+ because Saxton Hale bugged out once and let me backstab him for an absurd amount of damage, killing him from almost full instantly. It registered as that many deaths.

It was an epic backstab.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    "SAXTON HAAAA-glurck!"

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    GoldenCoalGoldenCoal Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Since all the cool kids are posting their stats, I decided to look mine up. I've only played 589 hours even though I started playing near the beginning of its release. Unsurprisingly, my most played class is soldier, though at 283 hours, it's a larger proportion than I expected. What surprised me was that my second most played class, at 80 hours, was sniper. Indeed, from my average points/kills/damage totals it looks like I was way more dominate as a sniper than I was ever as a soldier with pre-nerfed gunboats and equalizer.

I sometimes forget that I used to play sniper all the time, and what's more used to be really good at it. This is a good excuse to tell a story that no one wants to hear about a wanna-be sniper called GoldenCoal, and another sniper named Flippy_D.
    One day a TF2 player name GoldenCoal decided that he wanted to play sniper. He thought he might have the potential to be very good at it! Unfortunately, there was another sniper who who shot GoldenCoal in the head many times, whose name was Flippy_D. This frustrated GoldenCoal. Sometimes, he would make a note of where Flippy_D was sniping, go to where he wasn't looking and shoot Flippy_D in the head and this would make GoldenCoal happy for a time. But Flippy_D would adapt. He knew that GoldenCoal knew where he was sniping and move so that he would be where GoldenCoal wasn't looking.

This made GoldenCoal sad. He thought he could never compete with Flippy_D. One day GoldenCoal realized that since Flippy_D is such a good sniper, he always goes for headshots! If GoldenCoal could just duck at the right moment, the bullet would sail harmlessly above his head! To do that, however, he'd have to predict Flippy_D's movements. And so, GoldenCoal started meticulously studying Flippy_D. Every time he faced Flippy_D, he would look at Flippy_D's every move and try and determine why Flippy_D acted as he did.

It was then that GoldenCoal found out that Flippy_D was even better than he thought. Flippy_D would use every single advantage available to him. Once while in Badwater, GoldenCoal saw Flippy_D in an attic above the final point where there were two windows. Using his knowledge of Flippy_D, GoldenCoal was able to dodge the first bullet. Then, Flippy_D strafed towards the opposite window, momentarily leaving GoldenCoal's view. GoldenCoal was sure Flippy_D would appear on the opposite window, and aimed there. Instead, Flippy_D, using the very last second of the extra speed he got while reloading, popped back into view of the original window and shot GoldenCoal in the head before he could even register what happened. GoldenCoal was very impressed.

In fact, unlike many other snipers who would run to safety when attacked, Flippy_D would always stand his ground. While reloading, he would juke around unpredictably. At first GoldenCoal would run, too. But then he realized that Flippy_D would always be waiting for him to attack again and could shoot him in the head very easily. If he didn't, Flippy_D would kill many of GoldenCoal's teammates, which made them sad and angry at Flippy_D. So GoldenCoal realized that he needed to be like brave Flippy_D and not run away.

After a while, GoldenCoal has some of the most intense of fun encounters he'd ever had playing TF2. If he knew where Flippy_D was, he could often get into Flippy_D's view, dodge Flippy_D's initial attack, and then go through intense cycles of dodging and attempted headshotting. Both Flippy_D and GoldenCoal would try and get in each other's head and figure out where to aim their next shot. GoldenCoal would sometimes try to scope in right before Flippy_D, meaning that he would have a split second where Flippy was slow, but unable to shoot, while GoldenCoal could shoot! While it's hard to say if GoldenCoal won even 50% of those encounters, he would win enough to feel like he was good enough to go toe-to-toe with him on a regular basis.

That's when GoldenCoal realized something. He had become a sniper who, like Flippy_D, had become death incarnate. People would both curse and praise GoldenCoal's prowess. Enemies would turn and run rather than be within his gaze. Most importantly, he realized that he owed it all to Flippy_D. By killing him without mercy so many times, he had taught GoldenCoal how to be a sniper who was not afraid of any sniper, not M4v1s, not Kinderparty, not even Flippy_D. Especially not Flippy_D. Flippy_D was not his enemy, Flippy_D was his teacher.

Then, GoldenCoal had lots of fun shooting heads and being awesome until Sniper vs Spy happened, and a bunch of other stuff (like Heavies being more accurate) happened that made it not fun being a rifle sniper anymore. In addition, GoldenCoal had to practice every day to keep his twitch skills in shape but since he stopped playing TF2 everyday he stopped being a good sniper.

GoldenCoal still plays sniper on occasion, but pretty much sucks at it now. He did get to kill Flippy_D in a battle of wits on Monday, so that was nostalgic.

tl;dr I got good at sniper by studying Flippy_D, had lots of fun trading headshots, currently suck at sniper because reasons.

GoldenCoal on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I still have some ridiculously high kills per life from the time a month after release when a friend was playing on my computer and the server went to a broken map where both teams had one spawn point. He parked in a corner as a heavy, pointed at the spawn, and it's been up on my stats screen taunting me ever since.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    gettin better with the huntsman

feels real good

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    My Spy kills in one life is 200+ because Saxton Hale bugged out once and let me backstab him for an absurd amount of damage, killing him from almost full instantly. It registered as that many deaths.

It was an epic backstab.

I think in VSH a backstab will take off 10% of his health. If you have a full server that can be quite a bit.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    I mostly main scout and soldier.

I have a good 1500 hours in the game, but it's spread over so much time and i switch classes so often that urgh I am the worst at this game

• Options

feels real good

managing to get down leading a scout into a headshot is satisfying as FUCK

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

feels real good

managing to get down leading a scout into a headshot is satisfying as FUCK

I spychecked a pyro from across hightower and it was a spy and he got SO MAD

• Options
    How would you guys feel about me nerfing or even completely removing the center point electricity hazard on Trainsawlaser?

It's the only hazard that is both randomly timed and in an area you HAVE to be in to complete the objective.

The big question is, is it fun to be killed by it?

I feel like it adds a level of stress to the center area that enhances the map, but i can also see how it gets frustrating.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I find it very frustrating.

but I also find most of trainsawlaser very frustrating

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
This discussion has been closed.