As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] is having a pool party, and Lucian's invited!

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I don't get how new players in this game don't rage quit the whole thing after a week. Smurfs really really ruin it. It's to the point now that I rarely see anyone at my skill level (i.e. not good) anymore.

I'd love to see riot do something about the immensely steep learning curve for this game. But much like my suggestions of normalizing PVP in WoW, no one will agree with me.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Had the weirdest game. Nid "support" who tried to steal my cs all game against Blitz/Trist while going 0/5 and built only AP, Rammus that literally didn't gank a lane until all level 1 towers were down, Top that went 0/3....

And their Jungle Shen ragequits and they surrender.

Khavall on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Only thing I wasn't sure of is that it asks account name and summoner name, as far as I know they're both the same thing, hopefully I didn't screw it up.
    Account name is what you log in with, summoner name is what is displayed in game

Ah ok, then it's the same for both. I think way back when I signed up during the beta they didn't differentiate.

camo_sig.png
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Had the weirdest game. Nid "support" who tried to steal my cs all game against Blitz/Trist while going 0/5 and built only AP, Rammus that literally didn't gank a lane until all level 1 towers were down, Top that went 0/3....

I will literally take ANYTHING other than Nidalee support. So fucking useless

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

lol wards? Don' be silly man, I have traps!

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Hmm, a Ragna Riven skin would be pretty cool.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    -.-

No, Miss Fortune, he did not magically 'just appear!' in front of you: you got cocky and stupid, and threw the game by walking way too close to their jungle entrance. You're a shitty Goddamn player with a shitty attitude, and you managed to cost your teammates 22 IP in a game that was supposed to be a clean win.

Holy shit, these pubbies on weekends. :(

With Love and Courage
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    -.-

No, Miss Fortune, he did not magically 'just appear!' in front of you: you got cocky and stupid, and threw the game by walking way too close to their jungle entrance. You're a shitty Goddamn player with a shitty attitude, and you managed to cost your teammates 22 IP in a game that was supposed to be a clean win.

Yeah, sometimes you get that. And sometimes you get jumped in with a premade of 4 super nice dudes from Quebec (I think, they were speaking French anyway) and get a great, swingy 55 minute game out of it, where you get to play Karthus and collect postmortem triple kills. That one was great, both teams wound up with naked and downed inhibs, came down to a clutch teamfight at Baron. Helped that I finally remembered to use my Zhonya's when they were all standing in Defile.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Part of me is convinced that Nidalee actually has the makings of a decent support. Her biggest flaw is obviously the complete lack of peel, but she brings a lot of stuff that's great for supporting - good poke, debuffs to enemy defenses, a heal and a better attack speed steroid than Nunu.

The rest of me fucking hates support Nida.

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    She lacks cc, which is essentially the defining point of supports. And her poke falls off incredibly hard without items.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    welp just had an 11/2/6 game as lucian

team had double their kills, was pushing up slowly, way ahead in objectives

and then they pushed in killed inhib got both nexus towers, we aced them, and shaco and regnar stealthed past us and kill nexus before we could kill them

ggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr
    imaqtpie has been using it to clear waves before going back.

this is exactly what I use it for

override367 on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    -.-

...And then, the next game, I got to face this same person top lane. They went 1/5. :)

I'm now at peace with the world.

With Love and Courage
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    The problem with support Nidalee is that you can either have good spears, or have a good heal/steroid. You have to choose. And either way you choose, you're gimping yourself. If you max E first, the other support outpokes you and you lose the lane. If you max Q first, the other support outsustains you and you lose the lane.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    But, what if, you level them both equally?

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    -.-

...And then, the next game, I got to face this same person top lane. They went 1/5. :)

I'm now at peace with the world.

I've gone up against the same Trist in both games today.

The first game was the one with "support" nid where they ended up surrendering, and for the lane phase she was walking all over me.

Second game I had support Leona. The Trist went 7/9/3, I went 9/2/7. I also had 100cs over her.

Feels good

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    But, what if, you level them both equally?

The other support outpokes you, outsustains you, and has CC with which to manhandle any panthers which happen to show up.

• JunleaJunlea Registered User regular
    Support Nidalee is useless.

Junlea :: Writer, Gamer, Bagel Fan
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Hmm, a Ragna Riven skin would be pretty cool.

the time for talk is over...

BLOOD KAIN

• Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    Support Nid has a pretty strong laning phase in some matchups. If the ADC has good waveclear she can level spears and poke them down at their turret, hitting much harder and at much better range than other supports.

She does suck afterwards though, and Nidalee players tend to try to play support as a "carry", which is always going to lose your team the game. Not having a proper support means you lose the vision war, which loses you the midgame even if you're ahead.

edited August 2013
    In the most recent patch we have corrected a bug where Override367 sometimes won a game

lol_zps318f4750.jpg

In that game there as Yi? OUR RENGAR DID NOT KNOW WHAT IGNITE DID

he was level 28

also other fun stuff like jungle lucians and jungle TF that didnt know you could pick your card color, he thought it was random

override367 on
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    In the most recent patch we have corrected a bug where Override367 sometimes won a game

lol_zps318f4750.jpg

In that game there as Yi? OUR RENGAR DID NOT KNOW WHAT IGNITE DID

he was level 28

also other fun stuff like jungle lucians and jungle TF that didnt know you could pick your card color, he thought it was random

This was how my morning was. Now that's it's ARAM o'clock, everything's ok.

im going to go crush people into paste in saints row 4 until the rage subsides

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    If you're going to go 8/7 with Trynd, you can at least assuage your badness by getting every dragon in the game.

OTOH, Pac's shoulders were super strong, so it was all good.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Part of me is convinced that Nidalee actually has the makings of a decent support. Her biggest flaw is obviously the complete lack of peel, but she brings a lot of stuff that's great for supporting - good poke, debuffs to enemy defenses, a heal and a better attack speed steroid than Nunu.

Then convince yourself otherwise =\

1) Her poke is either spears which use a lot of mana or auto attacks. Her auto attack range is short enough that if she gets stunned/cc'd your lane opponents can burst her. Since her auto range is relatively short and spears require shooting AROUND minions, non-crap lane opponents will just zombie push you because Nidalee doesn't have the lane presence to stop them. She is also virtually useless if your jungle comes to gank
    2) Her debuff is predicated on someone walking over her trap AND that it's a good time for your lane to go aggressive IF the enemy walks over a trap
    3) Her heal is actually pretty crap when you consider the heal/mana ratio, especially without any significant amount of AP - which you're unlikely to have in lane.
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    The problem with support Nidalee is that you can either have good spears, or have a good heal/steroid. You have to choose. And either way you choose, you're gimping yourself. If you max E first, the other support outpokes you and you lose the lane. If you max Q first, the other support outsustains you and you lose the lane.

I would just disagree and say that the heal isn't that great even if you level it. It's really expensive and has a relatively long cooldown.

Disagree with the strong lane phase part for reasons mentioned above.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Support Nidalee is bad because unlike most competitive supports she cannot win her lane. You are asking your ADC to support you, with the promises of giving them some health now and then.

liEt3nH.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I don't get how new players in this game don't rage quit the whole thing after a week. Smurfs really really ruin it. It's to the point now that I rarely see anyone at my skill level (i.e. not good) anymore.

I'd love to see riot do something about the immensely steep learning curve for this game. But much like my suggestions of normalizing PVP in WoW, no one will agree with me.

What level are you?

You've probably got two overlapping problems

1) it's impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff with new accounts as well as people would like.

2) if you have played at all with PA smurfs your elo might be high because of that and it will make the rest of your games more likely to be full of smurfs on the other side.

The part of you that thinks she is good is dumb. She lacks peel and cc and is easily countered by all ins and buying boots/almost any support.

In addition her ATK SPD roid is not better than nunu's. In lane nunu's w gives bonus attack speed to both and with nunu's amazing base stats this makes him very strong in early all ins. For team fights the fact that BB lasts 12 seconds means that nunu does not need to hug his carry providing them buffs. He can buff at the start of the fight then go zone/ult/snowball the enemy carry. He only needs 20% cdr (nid needs 30%) to keep it permanent and don't discount the ms boost.

wbBv3fj.png
    What the hell it has been almost an entire year without a new Riven skin

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    It's been two years and ten months since an Eve one.

"bluh bluh not until the stealth remake"

"bluh bluh the person we had on the stealth remake swapped to a different project"

"bluh bluh the person we had on the stealth remake swapped to a different project"

"bluh bluh we're working on a new model"

liEt3nH.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Then convince yourself otherwise =\

1) Her poke is either spears which use a lot of mana or auto attacks. Her auto attack range is short enough that if she gets stunned/cc'd your lane opponents can burst her. Since her auto range is relatively short and spears require shooting AROUND minions, non-crap lane opponents will just zombie push you because Nidalee doesn't have the lane presence to stop them. She is also virtually useless if your jungle comes to gank
    2) Her debuff is predicated on someone walking over her trap AND that it's a good time for your lane to go aggressive IF the enemy walks over a trap
    3) Her heal is actually pretty crap when you consider the heal/mana ratio, especially without any significant amount of AP - which you're unlikely to have in lane.

I can't believe I'm about to defend support Nidalee here, but...

1) Her spears don't seem particularly mana hungry. The low auto-attack range is a definite problem, but a 1500 range damage spell kind of makes up for that (especially if she has an AD carry that can waveclear).
    2) Agreed, although this depends on the arming time of the traps (which I don't actually know). If it's less than a second or two, then you don't have to plan in advance so much. They're a stronger point in teamfights - even if a tank steps on them, you've dropped their defenses by 40% for 12 seconds, which is pretty major.
    3) Her heal's very good if you consider the health per second recovered. Compare it to Soraka - Soraka heals 350 + 45% AP every 20 seconds, Nidalee heals 380 + 140% AP in the same time. It's absolutely a mana sink, though.

I'm not saying she's good in the role (she definitely isn't, even amongst unorthodox supports), but she'd probably be seen as slightly better than her current reputation if she hadn't somehow become the go-to support for people who wanted mid.
    Goumindong wrote: »
    In addition her ATK SPD roid is not better than nunu's.

A 60% boost is better than 45%, that's all I meant.

I also don't think a lack of CC is necessarily a "game over" for a support. Nidalee certainly isn't the example to show it, but I can imagine a support kit that didn't have any CC yet still managed to be very good at the job. Something like a Sona with a Sivir or Taric ult, maybe.

Hell, Soraka comes close to having zero CC, and she dominated bot lane for a while.

And you'll essentially get 4-5 new skins for Eve, I forget how many skins she has now. Plus probably a brand new one when the model is done.

But that doesn't really matter since it isn't Riven, Hecarim, or a Piltovian.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    soraka dominated bot lane because she was always either in a position where you could brute force sustain past anything that wasn't a hard kill engage, and there were way less of those because we had less aggressive carries and only blitzcrank and then leona, or later her heal was functionally a less powerful kayle ult with how strong the armour was

so the way that soraka dominated bot lane was by having fucking dumb numbers

liEt3nH.png
    Talith wrote: »

And you'll essentially get 4-5 new skins for Eve, I forget how many skins she has now. Plus probably a brand new one when the model is done.

But that doesn't really matter since it isn't Riven, Hecarim, or a Piltovian.

She has 3 skins, one of which is a palette swap.

liEt3nH.png
    4 if you consider the default also getting revamped.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    The point is that Riven is dumb.

liEt3nH.png
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    Looks like they backed down on taking away Rengar's stealth. A shame, since true stealth + burst is the most toxic thing in the world to play against.

Definitely not looking forward to that rework now.

On the bright side keeping stealth in the kit means they'll never let him be as powerful as he could be, so all the Rengar players who go NO NO I NEED STEALTH I NEED STEALTH just shot themselves in the foot.

liEt3nH.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I in theory agree with you guys about support Nidalee. But then I play against one with a skin and I somehow walk into every single fucking spear.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Can I talk about toxic players again? I can? Great!

I wanna talk about the Ereal who decides that we're down 5-7 and 1 tower, and therefore we have to surrender in 5 minutes (it was 15min). I wanna talk about the Renekton who decided that after Jayce had killed him twice that the game was over, we had to surrender in 10 minutes, and that he was going to make sure we lost.

Why do these people exist? It's infuriating.

I also managed to watch the EU finals. There were some really nice games there. That one baron fight in game 3 or 4 between FNC and LD was hillariously sloppy though. Baron for MVP.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Enemy had a pair of Diamond players. Naturally, we had a Bronze 1 who was 2-2 in placements. I told him at the start of the game I would get him Silver.

I GOT HIM SILVER.

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Hm, tested mid ezreal on a whim because it looks fun. Less dangerous and more relaxing than is the den of allins and murderation that is botlane.

Carried my team pretty hard, a decently farmed ez does silly damage if he has brut+iceborn early on. Makes me wonder why it isn't more common.

Frozenzen on
This discussion has been closed.