As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] is having a pool party, and Lucian's invited!

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Hm, tested mid ezreal on a whim because it looks fun. Less dangerous and more relaxing than is the den of allins and murderation that is botlane.

Carried my team pretty hard, a decently farmed ez does silly damage if he has brut+iceborn early on. Makes me wonder why it isn't more common.

Ahri can poo all over mid Ezreal. At least at high silver/gold 5 mid ezreal.
    Burnage wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Had the weirdest game. Nid "support" who tried to steal my cs all game against Blitz/Trist while going 0/5 and built only AP, Rammus that literally didn't gank a lane until all level 1 towers were down, Top that went 0/3....

And their Jungle Shen ragequits and they surrender.

I will literally take ANYTHING other than Nidalee support. So fucking useless

Part of me is convinced that Nidalee actually has the makings of a decent support. Her biggest flaw is obviously the complete lack of peel, but she brings a lot of stuff that's great for supporting - good poke, debuffs to enemy defenses, a heal and a better attack speed steroid than Nunu.

The rest of me fucking hates support Nida.

Then convince yourself otherwise =\

1) Her poke is either spears which use a lot of mana or auto attacks. Her auto attack range is short enough that if she gets stunned/cc'd your lane opponents can burst her. Since her auto range is relatively short and spears require shooting AROUND minions, non-crap lane opponents will just zombie push you because Nidalee doesn't have the lane presence to stop them. She is also virtually useless if your jungle comes to gank
    2) Her debuff is predicated on someone walking over her trap AND that it's a good time for your lane to go aggressive IF the enemy walks over a trap
    3) Her heal is actually pretty crap when you consider the heal/mana ratio, especially without any significant amount of AP - which you're unlikely to have in lane.

I can't believe I'm about to defend support Nidalee here, but...

1) Her spears don't seem particularly mana hungry. The low auto-attack range is a definite problem, but a 1500 range damage spell kind of makes up for that (especially if she has an AD carry that can waveclear).
    2) Agreed, although this depends on the arming time of the traps (which I don't actually know). If it's less than a second or two, then you don't have to plan in advance so much. They're a stronger point in teamfights - even if a tank steps on them, you've dropped their defenses by 40% for 12 seconds, which is pretty major.
    3) Her heal's very good if you consider the health per second recovered. Compare it to Soraka - Soraka heals 350 + 45% AP every 20 seconds, Nidalee heals 380 + 140% AP in the same time. It's absolutely a mana sink, though.

I'm not saying she's good in the role (she definitely isn't, even amongst unorthodox supports), but she'd probably be seen as slightly better than her current reputation if she hadn't somehow become the go-to support for people who wanted mid.
    Goumindong wrote: »
    In addition her ATK SPD roid is not better than nunu's.

A 60% boost is better than 45%, that's all I meant.

I also don't think a lack of CC is necessarily a "game over" for a support. Nidalee certainly isn't the example to show it, but I can imagine a support kit that didn't have any CC yet still managed to be very good at the job. Something like a Sona with a Sivir or Taric ult, maybe.

Hell, Soraka comes close to having zero CC, and she dominated bot lane for a while.

The only you're landing spears on champions as support nidalee is if your lane opponents are too dumb to know how to play against you. And good luck saving your markscreature when you get ganked if you DO manage to keep the lane pushed.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Nidalee is good against players who can't dodge skillshots.

If you are against players who can't land skillshots, you should really be playing Blitz or Nami or someone who rings the dinner bell every time they land a skillshot, cuz someone's about to get fed.

liEt3nH.png
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Played my first Lucien game. Discovered that his ult is broken by a Janna ult. That doesn't seem like it should happen. Being able to negate her W is pretty great, though.

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Everything breaks Lucian's ult. It is an atrocious ult.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Even damaging an enemy with Lucian's ult breaks it.

butts
    Lucian's ult is stopped by minions. Jarvan ult is coded as a minion.

LFMGb.jpg
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    aaaaah i just got lucian in aram but the other team dodged (that makes 4 in a row, christ jesus)

WHICH REMINDS ME

patrick seitz!

you are a good voice actor but you haunt me everywhere i go. please get out of my head.

renekton, ragna the bloodedge, garrosh hellscream, archbishop lazarus, a whole hell of a lot more than that, kog'maw, and now lucian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rniF59aeegw

THRESH CANNOT ESCAPE ME FOREVAH

unfortunately my margarita didn't escape him for very long at all :evil:

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Oh hey I got a pentakill!

Oh my god I'm running roughshod over them, my luck may have changed, game number 12 is looking like I'm finally going to wi

hahahahaha_zps5ff8f5bb.jpg

fuck

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    It's been two years and ten months since an Eve one.

"bluh bluh we're working on a new model"

And you'll essentially get 4-5 new skins for Eve, I forget how many skins she has now. Plus probably a brand new one when the model is done.

But that doesn't really matter since it isn't Riven, Hecarim, or a Piltovian.

She has 3 skins, one of which is a palette swap.

Diana has 1

So

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    And let's be honest it's a pretty shit skin

Might as well have called it Drow Diana

Diana hasn't gone nearly 3 years without one, which was more the crux of my point, given we started on Riven going a year without one.

liEt3nH.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I just realized that Lucian is 7800 IP. Wat

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Did somebody say Riven?
    Bczi01m.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

new champs on release week are 7800 ip. Have been the entire season I believe.

League of Legends:Varega
    edited August 2013

All new champs on release are 7800 and are reduced to 6300 around two weeks after.

This has been going on for awhile now.

2d3955b780e20b6ca45510e3a3dbd7dd.jpg

Original site seems to be down

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg

New champions are 7800 IP the first week of release, then go down to 6300.

Riven is also now 4800 IP with Lucian's release.

liEt3nH.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Aha!
    I usually stop playing for a week after a champ release, so...

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Enemy Cait tells me I have a terrible build. After I killed her. Twice because she had a Guardian Angel.

:^:

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I bought Riven at 6300 IP. Could I refund her for that amount and then buy her again for 4800?

edit: nevermind, purchase history only goes back 2 months. :/

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    Guys, I just rediscovered that wards win games. Support can be really fun if your teammates are good enough to follow up on what you do.

Yeah if you want a refund you have to do the sort of thing that's like...you got her a week ago or something. Best I can recommend is check the champions by release date so you can know "Oh Xerath is going to be reduced in IP cost with the next champ, so I can wait on picking him up."

liEt3nH.png
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I bought Riven in April or May, but I'll keep that in mind.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    eeSanG wrote: »

I just faced one in an ARAM. When he ulted, that was my sign to go in lol.

Speaking of skings. how long does it take most champs to get a 3rd anymore? I really want a Zac skin, but his one, well, its a color swap.

Tommatt on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Marth wrote: »
    I bought Riven at 6300 IP. Could I refund her for that amount and then buy her again for 4800?

you only get 3 refunds, not worth it for IP

wbBv3fj.png

you only get 3 refunds, not worth it for IP

A lot of people would consider IP more valuable than RP.

LFMGb.jpg
    Time is money friend

liEt3nH.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Eh, I used an IP refund on a champ during runepage sale week to get an extra 2 for 1. No regrets.

JAEF on

2000ip would hardly be worth 1 of 3 refunds

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »

Speaking of skings. how long does it take most champs to get a 3rd anymore? I really want a Zac skin, but his one, well, its a color swap.

Actually Zac's alternate skin is way more then a colorswap and probably the better skin as far as trades go, because the tendrils give much better visibility to you. (Which is sometimes an issue when you're W-ing all over the place.)

steam_sig.png
    Thought it was late enough. Nope. Duo q support rammus, top nunu. Nunu feeds, rammus does nothing and feeds Off to a great start ot th night. only 18 minutes in, maybe its salvable... only down 12 kills and 5 turrets

Actually Zac's alternate skin is way more then a colorswap and probably the better skin as far as trades go, because the tendrils give much better visibility to you. (Which is sometimes an issue when you're W-ing all over the place.)

Don't tell me this. I have the RP, I play Zac every chance I get. Love the champ. I will spend the money. As far as I know its a pallate swap. Looks like it to me. Don't tell me its cool in any ways. (although going with the theme, if it had 60's style sayings, or even said groooovery or something, I'd proably do it)

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

Don't tell me this. I have the RP, I play Zac every chance I get. Love the champ. I will spend the money. As far as I know its a pallate swap. Looks like it to me. Don't tell me its cool in any ways. (although going with the theme, if it had 60's style sayings, or even said groooovery or something, I'd proably do it)

As a Zac main, yeah, it's one of those small number of skins that probably helps with gameplay. More contrast with the ground, as Choco said.

Not a terribly interesting skin though, unfortunately.

Kasyn on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »

As a Zac main, yeah, it's one of those small number of skins that probably helps with gameplay. More contrast with the ground, as Choco said.

Not a terribly interesting skin though, unfortunately.

I like the awesome little tentacles.

steam_sig.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    This is awful. There isn't a single wall Riven can hop on the CS. Riot pls.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    This is awful. There isn't a single wall Riven can hop on the CS. Riot pls.
    She might as well not be able to hop any walls on TT, because in my testing you can only get close enough to them to do it by using all 3 Qs right against the wall, which makes it kind of pointless.

• dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    So I've been getting jungle pretty often just by letting everyone know i was going to be arcade hecarim. However I also ended up playing mid a bunch over the weekend somehow. I've become addicted to mid Ezreal going blue build. I've been starting doran's, then two long swords and the charm/bead for spirit stone, finish up with SEL and then build a tear and iceborn gauntlet. Once I build the gauntlet I get absolutely ridiculous (so fun kiting for days). However I feel pretty weak up until that point. Is it worth moving gauntlet up before tear or is that early game weakness something I just have to deal with to be a monster mid game?

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I'd say skip the SotEL. The nerfs to it hit pretty hard on its usefulness to Ezreal. Either replace it with a Brut or head straight for Tear/Gauntlet, IMO.

Sprout on
  • ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    Arcade Hecarim is damn fun. But Master Yi in the jungle is still pretty ridiculous...even after the nerfs. Went 17/2 and wasn't even trying. Enemy jungler even tried to counter with Rammus, that doesn't even matter. Yi is just too strong for split pushing/killing/farming. The damage nerf wasn't noticeable and the resets didn't matter all that much. It definitely wasn't Q-kill-Q-kill but your auto's are so strong anyways. Maybe it's different in higher elos, but he still trashes silver.

What's with Aatrox in the jungle in EU? I never really liked him in the jungle even though I love everything about his kit. But I'm a lifesteal junkie...

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I don't get how new players in this game don't rage quit the whole thing after a week. Smurfs really really ruin it. It's to the point now that I rarely see anyone at my skill level (i.e. not good) anymore.

I'd love to see riot do something about the immensely steep learning curve for this game. But much like my suggestions of normalizing PVP in WoW, no one will agree with me.

What level are you?

You've probably got two overlapping problems

1) it's impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff with new accounts as well as people would like.

2) if you have played at all with PA smurfs your elo might be high because of that and it will make the rest of your games more likely to be full of smurfs on the other side.
    Khavall wrote: »
    Had the weirdest game. Nid "support" who tried to steal my cs all game against Blitz/Trist while going 0/5 and built only AP, Rammus that literally didn't gank a lane until all level 1 towers were down, Top that went 0/3....

And their Jungle Shen ragequits and they surrender.

I will literally take ANYTHING other than Nidalee support. So fucking useless

Part of me is convinced that Nidalee actually has the makings of a decent support. Her biggest flaw is obviously the complete lack of peel, but she brings a lot of stuff that's great for supporting - good poke, debuffs to enemy defenses, a heal and a better attack speed steroid than Nunu.

The rest of me fucking hates support Nida.

The part of you that thinks she is good is dumb. She lacks peel and cc and is easily countered by all ins and buying boots/almost any support.

In addition her ATK SPD roid is not better than nunu's. In lane nunu's w gives bonus attack speed to both and with nunu's amazing base stats this makes him very strong in early all ins. For team fights the fact that BB lasts 12 seconds means that nunu does not need to hug his carry providing them buffs. He can buff at the start of the fight then go zone/ult/snowball the enemy carry. He only needs 20% cdr (nid needs 30%) to keep it permanent and don't discount the ms boost.

I'm 19. Before level 12 I would get an occasional obvious mismatch. It's not all that terrible even now, but what bugs me is that I basically only get to play bot lane melee because of the jerks who immediately lock in and then tell "X or feed."

I practiced jungle Nasus in a few bot matches to get an understanding of it, then my first normal I get a smurf Yi who ganked me at my red a level above me. The rest of the match I was basically left "practicing" warding.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The people who make Aatrox jungle work make it really work. He doesn't really work for me though. The ones i've seen do well just gank non stop and leverage his great damage and his knock up. Works best with lanes that have CC.

This discussion has been closed.